PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Radiopanel.co.uk software

TimmyMallet
05-11-2006, 01:20 PM
anyone out there having problems with the radio panel, I would love to know.

I have found loads of errors so far!!

The worse being:

No user manual.

No installation instructions.

No option to change background colours of php pages, if you try and enter anything in the php file it brings up a zend error.

No option to change font or font size in DJ says panel or any page.

Public view page of timetable shows no bookings even where there are bookings listed in the admin panel.

To be fair if they supplied details of what can and cannot be done it might help but as there are no instructions, its hard to know...

uber
05-11-2006, 01:24 PM
and alert system has been broken since forever.

TimmyMallet
05-11-2006, 01:31 PM
and alert system has been broken since forever.

oh haven't tried the alert system, I dont know what thats for lol.

Tomm
05-11-2006, 01:34 PM
anyone out there having problems with the radio panel, I would love to know.

I have found loads of errors so far!!

The worse being:

No user manual.

No installation instructions.

No option to change background colours of php pages, if you try and enter anything in the php file it brings up a zend error.

Edit the CSS file...

No option to change font or font size in DJ says panel or any page.

Again you can edit the CSS file or the config.php file.

Public view page of timetable shows no bookings even where there are bookings listed in the admin panel.

Use ?day=monday (Example) to display mondays bookings.

To be fair if they supplied details of what can and cannot be done it might help but as there are no instructions, its hard to know...

Awnsers to your problems are above, also you could of emailed [email protected] about this. Thats what it is for.

Also the alert system does work on my testing server, but if you have any problems with it please email [email protected] with some information about your PHP version etc.

The software is only £5 so it would not be economical to spend time writing a user guide.

Splinter
05-11-2006, 02:06 PM
if you are going to encrypt a script and then sell it you should at least include installation instructions, a user manual and a style editor etc..

Tomm
05-11-2006, 02:11 PM
if you are going to encrypt a script and then sell it you should at least include installation instructions, a user manual and a style editor etc..

Like I said as I am only getting £5 a sale it would not be worth my time to write a whole manual on how to use it. Also if he spend some time looking he would of found the option for these problems commented in the config.php file.

Splinter
05-11-2006, 02:19 PM
maybe just a basic readme.txt outlining things such as that.. but I do see where you are coming from. Maybe a user can write one like with other scripts.

uber
05-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Also you should create an install file.

telly bob for me
05-11-2006, 02:51 PM
can someone upload an image of his files? as i would like to look at them if thers no install file????????

reindeer.
07-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Like I said as I am only getting £5 a sale it would not be worth my time to write a whole manual on how to use it. Also if he spend some time looking he would of found the option for these problems commented in the config.php file.

It would take you less time in the long run as you wouldnt have to spend time fixing peoples problems.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!