PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P & WoW on consoles

sl4rt is banned
06-11-2006, 07:40 PM
It hasnt been posted on these forums but you know that dude who narrates when you create a character for the first time and it does the intro depends what race?

Well he passed away a few months ago

Im sorry but i cant find a decent article but just search tony jay on google or something
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the games which makes game companies all over the world green with envy, game companies other than Blizzard that is, is World of Warcraft, currently the most successful MMORPG out there. And according to COO Paul Sams, the fantasy title may be making its way to consoles in the future.

In an interview with Eurogamer.net, Sams talked about porting Warcraft to consoles and what hurdles the companies involved would have to face. "We have an architecture that we've already established, and it's very set. [The platform holders'] architecture is also very set. How well do those match? What kind of compromises do we have to make, and what kind of compromises do they have to make? The list is not short, to be candid," he said

Although console companies are putting more focus on online models and the importance of a hard drive, Sams still cited the hard drive as a potential major issue. Currently the Premium Xbox 360 offers a 20GB HDD and the PlayStation 3 offers either a 20GB or a 60GB HDD, and although both companies have promised the possibility of an upgradeable hard drive in the future, no plans have been announced yet. "One of the key features of a massively multiplayer game, especially WOW, is consistent and regular content updates. They require hard drive space, and there's a finite amount of that on each of those platforms," Sams noted.

The Blizzard exec clearly preferred the PC platform and cited many of the PC's pros during the interview. "What if we have something that needs to be dealt with promptly, a bug that's causing crashes? On PC, we make it, we test it, we deploy it. On console, we could be waiting for days, because you've got to submit and test it. And if they don't like something, we've got to go back to the drawing board." And when you've already got 6 million users who are shelling out $12.99 a month for the privileged to play your game, going back to the drawing board is something that you are temporarily entitled to refuse.

However, amid the hast criticisms for consoles, there's still hope for the gamers who'd like to see World of Warcraft on the PlayStation 3- Sams did not rule out the possibility of World of warcraft coming to consoles. "We've met with Microsoft, we've met with Sony, and we are exploring these things, but the list of challenges is long," he said.

Carlos
06-11-2006, 08:28 PM
WoW will NOT be going to any other console, it will only remain on the PC.

Neil
06-11-2006, 08:45 PM

How do you know? It'll be another way Blizzard can make even more money so it's possible

:Jamie
06-11-2006, 08:56 PM

Yeh how can you be so sure? :rolleyes: Its possible so yeh..

sl4rt is banned
06-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Anythings possible really.

Think iirc it said int he future think what the future will be like yeh ? :P

Neil
06-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Anythings possible really.

Think iirc it said int he future think what the future will be like yeh ? :P

No idea what that means, but that guy clearly has never heard of a wonderful game called Phantasy Star Universe :) playable on PC and consoles online and both can meet on it, very cool :P

sl4rt is banned
06-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Wha guy ? :s

Neil
06-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Wha guy ? :s

Carlos lol xD

Carlos
07-11-2006, 09:12 PM
How do you know? It'll be another way Blizzard can make even more money so it's possible

Yeh how can you be so sure? :rolleyes: Its possible so yeh..

Because it was stated on the US forums a while back, by a blizzard representative.

Dirgeofcerberus
07-11-2006, 09:15 PM
If it did come to a console, I may consider buying it.

Carlos
07-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Oh and on the subject of that narrator who died, he has already recorded the expansion parts, so expect to hear them when TBC comes out.

Neil
07-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Why the hell do you look at the US forums? :S Seems pointless if you ask me, this is the Uk, part of Europe meaning you want to be using www.wow-europe.com :) and you never know, Blizzard can change there mind, they did with SC Ghost, they are only really after money, they would release a console version if they gain an increase in profits

Carlos
07-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Why the hell do you look at the US forums? :

Because more money is funded for Blizzard US than Blizzard EU. In other words, Blizzard EU don't talk to their customers like they do in US.

Neil
07-11-2006, 11:36 PM
Because more money is funded for Blizzard US than Blizzard EU. In other words, Blizzard EU don't talk to their customers like they do in US.

US are probably ahead aswell, anyway EU do, you see Aegus or whatever posting all over the place, not only that you can't rely on US knowlege because they run different sectors, a console version could be released as a EU only

Dan
08-11-2006, 12:11 AM
If it did come to a console, I may consider buying it.

Same i mite buy if comes to console.. but as its only on pc ill pass for now ;)

sl4rt is banned
08-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Neil you sound like a thing i dont know what its called like a expierenced person or something i dunna its a good thing though :p ... i think ;)

But if it does come on console which be cool if it did i would say it would be a few years or so seeing as think about for a minute:

You would need outstanding graphics
you would probally need to buy a ps3 keyboard or whatever it will come out on, action bars and everything :p and memory etc etc etc list goes on but still it would be good if they find a solution how to (if they do)

Crimson
13-11-2006, 07:28 PM
It will be destroyed if it moves away from the PC.

sl4rt is banned
13-11-2006, 09:44 PM
time will tell:P

Neil
13-11-2006, 10:54 PM
I think it'd be cool, hard though but I guess if you was playing it on a PS2 then the movement will be easy, jump would probably be X, menu and stuff would be square, triangle or circle, skills would be like sholder buttons I donno xD

From First To Last
15-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Its too big to be on any other console really... even 360 has a slim chance of holding it all

Neil
16-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Its too big to be on any other console really... even 360 has a slim chance of holding it all

Not really, alot of the game data could be stored on the actual server and instead of running the whole thing from the disk it sorta transfers, possible but then again that could well be seriously laggy xD

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!