PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

Billay
07-11-2006, 11:21 PM
I just realized today the Wii launch in 12 days (W00T) and as I was reading my magazine (Gamepro) i read the things that compare all 3 next gen systems but it failed to put anything worthy for the Wii under the "online gaming" all it stated was that it would have Connect24 and virtual console??

my questions is whats WiiConnect24 and will Nintendo have any online games?

btw. PS3 won the comparision thing :(

Homesrfan
08-11-2006, 03:08 AM
PS3 winning is a joke.
Okay - the Wii will have online gaming, but not until, probably, early 2007. Most launch games, though, will have online gaming but not until 2007. Also, some launch games will have downloadable content (zelda: tp).

So yes, onilne gaming is gonna be there. :D

Example: I know for a fact that CoD 3 will have online gaming. I would suspect that Excite Truck, Red Steel, and a lot of the launch games will have online.

BL!NKEY
08-11-2006, 03:26 AM
Ok time to freeze myself for 12 days...

(if you saw south park you would get it)

Well anyways they should all have online. Wonder if they will be as good as XBL?

HUGECOOL
08-11-2006, 04:36 AM
Ok time to freeze myself for 12 days...

(if you saw south park you would get it)

Well anyways they should all have online. Wonder if they will be as good as XBL?
lool. Saw that. xD

Basically, WiiConnect24 allows the Wii to be connected to the internet 24/7 (all day every day- assuming you have high speed internet). This will allow gaming to be more realistic in a 'realistic' sense. ;p For example, games that take place in real time (Animal Crossing, etc.) will allow your friends to visit your land you created even if you aren't playing (restrictions in your land will be implemented for non-vandalism), and Nintendo or someone will can send you things (messages and such) while you sleep. Another advantage to this feature is updates. Nintendo will be able to update games, add features, or make firmware upgrades while you are away from the console so that you don't have do it yourself.

Regarding online gaming, yes, it'll be there. Nintendo have confirmed that you will only need one Friend Code for all games as opposed to the DS's Friend Code per game. The only game I'm really hoping will have online is SSBB.

I doubt online will be as good as XBL though. XBL is already established and has thousands of users already active and has been for [number here] of years, so it'll be hard comparing a newborn system to an already established one.

PenguinFluid
08-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Nintendo Official MaGAZINE SAID I COMES OUT EARLY DECEMBER SOMETHING LIKE THE 4TH

womanizer
08-11-2006, 11:47 AM
comes out 8th december in uk.

Homesrfan
08-11-2006, 12:18 PM
It probably won't be as good as XBL at first... but once they establish a big fanbase, I'm sure it will be great. :D

SimplyTech
08-11-2006, 04:52 PM
PS3 winning is a joke.
Okay - the Wii will have online gaming, but not until, probably, early 2007. Most launch games, though, will have online gaming but not until 2007. Also, some launch games will have downloadable content (zelda: tp).

So yes, onilne gaming is gonna be there. :D

Example: I know for a fact that CoD 3 will have online gaming. I would suspect that Excite Truck, Red Steel, and a lot of the launch games will have online.
Red steel is defo not online
i would import a wii but region locked and only 19 days extra

Homesrfan
09-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Yeah, forget what I said.. I was told wrong.
Online games won't be avaliable until 2007. :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!