PDA

View Full Version : I assume you know trading runescape items for habbo/real life money is breaking rules

Katie KK
09-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Well, you promote your site as all safety wise and non rule breaking, yet you have a sub forum promoting breaking one of the biggest runescape rules :P?

I dont care, just seems strange. I would like it if you let us sell accounts if we can sell pins and runescape cash -.-, accounts are fine to trade if you reset the recoveries etc.

Erm, this is just a question, not some ANTI HABBOX campaign, so I dont see why this would be closed. If its going to be closed, answer my question at least.

Kthx :D

:Jamie
09-11-2006, 03:21 PM
If you sell accounts and you have removed the recovs they can still be retrieved back by providing other evidence of credit card transaction from buying members. TBH this site isn't a runescape fansite and therefore habbox don't really need to follow the runescape rules :) We just don't allow aco**** trading as its one of habbox rules and is risky.

Katie KK
09-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Lol ok rebels :P

Thanks for answering nicely.

09-11-2006, 03:24 PM
We also don't allow items to be sold for real life money. We only allow members to sell/buy memberships and do runescape trades with other items from games like habbo/neopets.

--ss--
09-11-2006, 03:43 PM
oops read it wrong , read below :p

09-11-2006, 03:47 PM
first of all you are not allowed to trade for real cash!
also seems you take advantage of habbox allowing to trade for pins / habbo then when something goes wrong you start complaining?

Didn't really understand what you are saying..I don't think shes complaining :S

When you trade runescpe for habbo or runescape for pins you trade at your own risk.

--ss--
09-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Didn't really understand what you are saying..I don't think shes complaining :S

When you trade runescpe for habbo or runescape for pins you trade at your own risk.

Oh read it wrong sorry , well account trading wont be allowed to happen as the scam risk is greatest and is one of the more major rules in runescape / habbo

Evolving
09-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Well, you promote your site as all safety wise and non rule breaking, yet you have a sub forum promoting breaking one of the biggest runescape rules :P?

I dont care, just seems strange. I would like it if you let us sell accounts if we can sell pins and runescape cash -.-, accounts are fine to trade if you reset the recoveries etc.

Erm, this is just a question, not some ANTI HABBOX campaign, so I dont see why this would be closed. If its going to be closed, answer my question at least.

Kthx :D

first of all you are not allowed to trade for real cash!
also seems you take advantage of habbox allowing to trade for pins / habbo then when something goes wrong you start complaining?

Dude she wasnt complaining she was asking a question... and iv thort about that before just havnt asked about it i mean we are aloud to trade habbo to rune but were not aloud to trade accounts kinda the same thing but i guess when its items there is once change to scamm but with accounts the scamm could happen days after the trade has been compleat

shank
09-11-2006, 05:15 PM
There is the same ammount of scamming with habbo for runescape, you can still get scammed yet habbox allow it.

But people can't sell accounts which you can still get banned for.

So you can't sell pixels for RL money but you can for another game where u can get scammed?

kooldude23
09-11-2006, 05:57 PM
There is the same ammount of scamming with habbo for runescape, you can still get scammed yet habbox allow it.

So you can't sell pixels for RL money but you can for another game where u can get scammed?
If you dont like it. Leave ?

Ashley 12344
09-11-2006, 06:36 PM

Erm......... no.

Your way more likely to get scammed with account trading.
A scammer could sell, say 5 accounts. No scamming. Then when they have sold the 5th one, they could get them all back.

Whereas, if someone attempted to do this with member pins/habbo-RS, people would accuse them of scamming, meaning they are less likely to get scammed.

Accounts can also go for in excess of 10mil, meaning it is a very large trade. Biggest trade usually done on this forum is about 2mil-.

However I'm not entirely condoning it, as Habbox are contradiciting something which they say. Although, not the worst contradiction.

OmgAMark
10-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Jagex inflates these rules not because it derives their business. But it puts the players in risk of scamming.

We generally trust eachother here and are quite free from scams.

micky.blue.eyes
10-11-2006, 04:46 PM

It's not Habbox's responsibility, it's ours, if we get scammed it's our fault, too bad for us.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!