PDA

View Full Version : Mini-I.FM - New DJ Panel!

ReviewDude
11-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Hey,

Unofficial Radio Fansite www.Mini-I.FM is close to the release of their latest DJ Panel!

Just so you can get an idea of where we're at, the Mini-I DJ Panel (Soon to be scrapped for the new one) already has the following features, all coded from scratch by myself and Invent! (Mini-Man on the Forum):

-- Shoutouts + Requests
-- Alert Site
-- Alert an IP
-- Alert a DJ
-- DJ Profiles
-- 5 User Levels (Trialist DJ, Regular DJ, Senior DJ, Site Manager, Site Administrator [Owner])
-- 'Radio Updates' Message
-- DJ Says
-- Radio connection information
-- DJ Shoutbox
-- Timetable system
-- Call for help system (Contact system - integrated with the paid housekeeping addon)
-- Radio Rules
-- Banned Songs
-- Staff directory viewer + uploader
-- DJs Online
-- DJ News System

For more information, or to offer your services to help, please private message Mini-Man (http://habboxforum.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=12951) - Co-Owner of the site.

Also, we need a name for the panel, give us a suggestion we use and I'll buy you a month's free VIP on the Forum!

Thank you for reading, I understand there are a lot of panels out at the moment, however we think ours has the potential to be a hit - especially with our dedicated team of me working on the graphical, as well as 1337 aspects of the design

ReviewDude & Invent!
Site Owners, Mini-I.FM

P.S. Notice to Forum Administrators - Mini-Man wishes to have his name changed to Invent! to match his Habbo name ;) Thought I'd best tell you.

tekni
11-11-2006, 11:17 PM
Looks good guys - Good Job ;)

ReviewDude
11-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Looks good guys - Good Job ;)

Why thank you :')

Recursion
11-11-2006, 11:27 PM
and is being released when?

Invent
11-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Call for help system (Contact system - integrated with the paid 'housekeeping' addon)

Im currently thinking whether to offer a paid version of the Panel which we will offer support with. You will also get the 'housekeeping' system where you can read the Call for helps, manage job openings on your site. Read DJ Applications and other job applications. Read site contact messages, change the sites source and many other things.

If you think I should do this or just offer the DJ Panel without the CFH System for free.

OR if you think I should offer the DJ Panel + 'Housekeeping' both for free in one package

Thanks

ReviewDude
11-11-2006, 11:31 PM
and is being released when?

We're hard at the coding/designing at the moment. Technically we could release right now, but this needs to be the last major update for a while - so we need some ideas and feedback first. We aim for a release a few weeks before our Christmas layout comes out :)

Recursion
11-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Both for free as im a Cheapskate and everybody likes free things. Also if you do i will +Rep you rofl :D

Since im in desperate need of a DJP could you release me the current one then i will update it when you release the new one ?

ReviewDude
11-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Both for free as im a Cheapskate and everybody likes free things. Also if you do i will +Rep you rofl :D

Any sort of Release Date!?

Thing is, our system makes us unique. The DJ Panel will, probably, be offered in two versions, a 'vanilla' for free, and a 'pro' for a small fee.

As for HouseKeeping, it's highly original, so probably will come for a small fee if bought with 'pro', or a slightly larger fee standalone (we'll integrate it too). No vanilla version is planned for this, however, you never know :)

As for a release date, I'm sorry we have to be vague, but it really does depend on how quickly we code. Whilst it took us 2 days total to code the entire HouseKeeping, this could take longer. Mid-December is all I can offer on that one, sorry, but it may be sooner ;)

tekni
11-11-2006, 11:39 PM
Why not go with the donations idea?

Invent
11-11-2006, 11:42 PM
As most if not all people dont feel the need to donate.

Now if you had the choice to or not - im almost certain you wouldnt donate.

But then again I dont know you! [;

ReviewDude
11-11-2006, 11:43 PM
Why not go with the donations idea?

Well, donations is something we'd thought about, but with a £30 a month server, plus hosting, plus our £50 domain, we need a form of sustainable income. Whilst we're always open to donations for use of the free panel (it will come pre-packed with a link to do so ;) ) we can't afford to run purely on them - unless this becomes a hit.

tekni
11-11-2006, 11:45 PM
£50 domain... :rolleyes:

If you was to release to full free version, I for one would be one to donate.

Recursion
11-11-2006, 11:46 PM

Since im in desperate need of a DJP could you release me the current one then i will update it when you release the new one ?

I edited my post, read last line :)

ReviewDude
11-11-2006, 11:49 PM
£50 domain... :rolleyes:

If you was to release to full free version, I for one would be one to donate.

It is, yes, slightly extravogant, however search threads I've started, and there's one that basically explains why. www.Dot.FM is the only seller we know of... And it's pretty bad.

And thanks adm, but in your honest opinion, do you feel others would?

Recursion
11-11-2006, 11:51 PM
READ MY POSTS PLEASE IVE EDITED THEM.

Invent
Hey,

Read my PM x)

Thanks

tekni
Many wouldn't but the minority would - and if it did actually hit off and you got around 100 users, if just 10% make a donation...

HabboHex
11-11-2006, 11:55 PM
You have not created this Panel from scratch, you may of edited it, but not created.

I have seen the login page and timetable on primehabbo.com before. The exact same. But different colours.

ReviewDude
11-11-2006, 11:56 PM
Many wouldn't but the minority would - and if it did actually hit off and you got around 100 users, if just 10% make a donation...

You have a very valid point, and we may consider it for further releases, however for now we're not huge names on the scene, we've never released anything as large as this before, and we simply can't rely on donations - or bet on popularity. We are aware of the fact that it should be popular, but we can't gamble on it just yet...

You have not created this Panel from scratch, you may of edited it, but not created.

I have seen the login page and timetable on primehabbo.com before. The exact same. But different colours.

Okay, hands up on this one, in early development we were given the login design (for free). However the main contents of the panel itself (layout + features) are done by us. Also, the release WILL have a new-look login anyway.

tekni
11-11-2006, 11:57 PM
True as that maybe,

with the correct advertisement schemes and a right approach - you could attract a wide array of 'customers' and 'users' and therefore in the future release v.2 of the panel which has to be paid for.

Invent
11-11-2006, 11:58 PM
EDIT: Sorry. ReviewDude edited his post, so there is no need for this post.

HabboHex
12-11-2006, 12:00 AM
Aha.

1) The login page - Taken from a different panel. We're currently designing a unique template for the panel. The login was temporary.

2) Timetable is OLD. We have a better newer one. This is coming with the new panel.

So what you would be recieving in the NEW panel will be totally unique.

Ohh I see, well good luck :D

ReviewDude
12-11-2006, 12:01 AM
True as that maybe,

with the correct advertisement schemes and a right approach - you could attract a wide array of 'customers' and 'users' and therefore in the future release v.2 of the panel which has to be paid for.

I agree with that. What are your thoughts on a system with 'voluntary-forced' advertisement, for example saying "Please add [LOGO CODE] to your homepage, if you choose to use our panel"?

tekni
12-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Again, that could work as an advertising scheme in the short term to get interest from users.

Then, use the interest to build on what you have to create a great selling panel.

Recursion
12-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Reply to my PM ;)

Invent
12-11-2006, 12:09 AM
Done [;

ReviewDude
12-11-2006, 12:14 AM
Again, that could work as an advertising scheme in the short term to get interest from users.

Then, use the interest to build on what you have to create a great selling panel.

Discussing that now, thanks for your input. I think, if we did it, we'd make it open-source with three conditions:

1. You must PM or email me with the URL of the site you wish to use it on.

2. You include one of a selection of images, plus a link, on your homepage.

3. Each site will run on a licence, and if either of those things fail to happen, we disable that particular system.

:)

(+Rep when I can)

tekni
12-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Discussing that now, thanks for your input. I think, if we did it, we'd make it open-source with three conditions:

1. You must PM or email me with the URL of the site you wish to use it on.

2. You include one of a selection of images, plus a link, on your homepage.

3. Each site will run on a licence, and if either of those things fail to happen, we disable that particular system.

:)

(+Rep when I can)

Although 'forced' ads are a pain - it will spread the word.

You need a good advertising scheme to get it going though.

Good Luck dude.

ReviewDude
12-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Although 'forced' ads are a pain - it will spread the word.

You need a good advertising scheme to get it going though.

Good Luck dude.

Thanks, read my PM in a second, preferrably after I've sent it :)

Recursion
12-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Clear your PM Box please :)

Invent
12-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Oh yes sorry :)

EDIT: Cleared x)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!