PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the United States will change?

RedStratocas
12-11-2006, 01:56 AM
In case you were unaware, there was a big election here in the U.S. on tuesday, for the Congress and Senate. For 6 years, Republicans (people who agree with George Bush) have run the all of the government. But during the election, the people voted for democrats (who for the most part are anti-Bush) and starting in January, the Democrats will control Congress and Senate, and will be able to challenge George Bush's policies.

Obviously this is big news. The next 2 years will be very interesting for the U.S. More and more people are getting furious about the war (I think the war has only a 38% aproval rating right now).

Anyway, do you think that the U.S. will change for the better? Or are you not counting on it?

I hope it will... god, I hope it will.

TheLastShadow
12-11-2006, 02:02 AM
first of all. My vote would've been for the Republicans. Democrats raise taxes in order to fix it.

Republicans - Give tax breaks for the people who work for a living and says "Welfare cases should get a job".

Democrats - Raise taxes for the people who work for the people who dont work such as welfare cases.

And the war isnt going to end anytime soon dude. The Dems cant do that. If they did and we pulled out, It would be total chaos in Iraq. Eventually Iraq will join together with Iran or another crazy country and create a nuke to bomb the US and Isreal. As far as foreign oil is considered, were at ends witt. Supposidly they found oil riggs in Russia and is going to sell there foreign oil but for how much :eusa_wall the US is in such a big deep hole now its not even funny.

FlyingJesus
12-11-2006, 02:17 AM
It's only going to make things worse. You now have a Democratic Congress with a Republican President, it won't work. Have fun with it guys ;)

TheLastShadow
12-11-2006, 02:25 AM
^^ is right. Theres 2 sides of power. NOTHING will get done because neither of them can agree on a thing.

HUGECOOL
12-11-2006, 02:36 AM
Well, if we see any change, it'll all be in the long run. I doubt there'd be anything noticeable any time soon.

RedStratocas
12-11-2006, 02:43 AM
first of all. My vote would've been for the Republicans. Democrats raise taxes in order to fix it.

Republicans - Give tax breaks for the people who work for a living and says "Welfare cases should get a job".

Democrats - Raise taxes for the people who work for the people who dont work such as welfare cases.

And the war isnt going to end anytime soon dude. The Dems cant do that. If they did and we pulled out, It would be total chaos in Iraq. Eventually Iraq will join together with Iran or another crazy country and create a nuke to bomb the US and Isreal. As far as foreign oil is considered, were at ends witt. Supposidly they found oil riggs in Russia and is going to sell there foreign oil but for how much :eusa_wall the US is in such a big deep hole now its not even funny.

The tax cuts go to the rich, not the working class. And how much does the war in Iraq cost (other than lives of obviously)? I think its about 10,000 dollars a minute. If thats not a high amount of money, I dont know what is. Thats what this administration has put their money on. And no, Iraq wont join together. The violence wont stop until we leave. Even the secretary of Defence resigned.

This administration doesnt know money. So Democrats raising taxes is nothing. We have an enormous debt left for future generations. This administration has quadropled the deficit since 2000.

^^ is right. Theres 2 sides of power. NOTHING will get done because neither of them can agree on a thing.

Pick up a history book. Ever hear of checks and balances? The whole point of the 3 branches of government is so that one power DOESNT control everything, no matter what the situation. Every time there has been one party that has controlled it all, everything went to hell. Conflict gets MORE done. Its a misconception that it gets less done. Conflict creates debates which creates comprimise.

BL!NKEY
12-11-2006, 02:59 AM
I think it is good that both sides have some power now. The democrats cant pass any law they want because Bush will veto it. Bush cant do everything he wants because congress will veto it.

They will be forced to compramise and make better decisions which better the whole country.

mmhmm.
12-11-2006, 04:16 AM

Honestly, nothing was going to get done with or without this shift in power. President Bush is in his second term in office, and cant go up for re-election. So, he doesn't really need to do much to improve his ratings with the people. He could just do nothing for the next two years (which is called a lame duck presidency). This shift in power made everyone more hostile, but Bush wasn't planning on doing much with his remaining years anyway.

Grimmauld
12-11-2006, 04:42 AM
i have a better chance of becoming president than the republicans! :rolleyes:

BL!NKEY
12-11-2006, 05:23 AM
i have a better chance of becoming president than the republicans! :rolleyes:

True. It will be amazing if a republican gets elected. But if Hillary Clinton runs for the democrats I could see a republican winning just because a lot of people dont like Hillary.

RedStratocas
12-11-2006, 02:54 PM
True. It will be amazing if a republican gets elected. But if Hillary Clinton runs for the democrats I could see a republican winning just because a lot of people dont like Hillary.

You'd be suprised. People wont hate republicans for ever. Once there is a new presidential race, it'll all be back. I hope Obama runs for Democrats, and McCain runs for Republicans. That would be the best race in decades.

Kymux
12-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Oh well, Hawaii doesnt even deserve to be a state. Thats why I live here :)

simon!
12-11-2006, 05:18 PM
FlyingJesus is right although it would be nice to see them change a few policies that don't exactly involve changing tax problems.

RedStratocas
12-11-2006, 05:52 PM
FlyingJesus is right although it would be nice to see them change a few policies that don't exactly involve changing tax problems.

I dont think so, the president in fairness is actually being quite open about it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!