PDA

View Full Version : Is Tony Blair A Good PM?

Machine Head
12-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Yes or no? =]]

(Yay... first post and thread in the forum...) :rolleyes:

cocaine
12-11-2006, 12:07 PM
No lmao.

dirrty
12-11-2006, 12:08 PM
No,
Between him and Bush, they are just idiots

O yes, lets go to war for the sake of it even when everyone else disagrees.

He wont be re-elected. But hes backing down because he knows he wont be.

Tash.
12-11-2006, 12:09 PM
He isn't the worst we've ever had, but then he's certainly not the best. He has done some good things, although I can't quite think of any right now.. :eusa_thin

Casanova
12-11-2006, 12:13 PM
I think it's a bit less simplistic than a simple yes or no.

I'll stand with no right now, but i'll develop my points.

Tony Blair has been successful for Britain, he has given alot to Britain. While in parliament for more than a decade he's brought success to Britain, with many news law's includinng increased minimum wage and many racism laws. The economy has been successful, along with his right hand man Gordon Brown that is.

He has also brought hardship, his government has had failings such as being unsuccessful with giant companies migrating to different countries, local pillar-of-the-community factories and businesses he let slip through his fingers.

He's also been very contraversial with going to 'war' in Iraq and Afghanistan. We now know that he shouldn't of, but we don't know if it was a thinly made plan to just invade Iraq & Afghanistan, with the war on 'terror' and the WMD. There's been many rumours it was purely for British and American economy for oil, as many people don't know that G. W. Bush started off as a rich oil baron before going into politics, Blair obviously supports him for allie-ship. I believe they were wrong in doing so, and Britain tax payers paid alot for many mistakes, including over 5 billion GBP for Iraq alone.

Britain do try their best, the government has set up many plans to help developing countries, it was announced that G. Brown has set up a plan for clean water in every developing country?

Labour & Blair's government have done alot, most unpublicised. But he's still left a dent on tax payer's money, and for everyone 10 good things people do, 1 bad thing will always show through.

Blair was good, but in my weighed up opinions his reign is over and done with. Washed up, he's finished. He was bad throughout.

cocaine
12-11-2006, 12:14 PM
I want Churchill.

dirrty
12-11-2006, 12:16 PM
I want Churchill.
sos but we cant resurrect the dead

omgDAN!
12-11-2006, 12:17 PM
He may not be a good PM but I think it is a lot better than if we had a conservative PM, although I would rather have LD.

laurenx
12-11-2006, 12:24 PM
I think it's a bit less simplistic than a simple yes or no.

I'll stand with no right now, but i'll develop my points.

Tony Blair has been successful for Britain, he has given alot to Britain. While in parliament for more than a decade he's brought success to Britain, with many news law's includinng increased minimum wage and many racism laws. The economy has been successful, along with his right hand man Gordon Brown that is.

He has also brought hardship, his government has had failings such as being unsuccessful with giant companies migrating to different countries, local pillar-of-the-community factories and businesses he let slip through his fingers.

He's also been very contraversial with going to 'war' in Iraq and Afghanistan. We now know that he shouldn't of, but we don't know if it was a thinly made plan to just invade Iraq & Afghanistan, with the war on 'terror' and the WMD. There's been many rumours it was purely for British and American economy for oil, as many people don't know that G. W. Bush started off as a rich oil baron before going into politics, Blair obviously supports him for allie-ship. I believe they were wrong in doing so, and Britain tax payers paid alot for many mistakes, including over 5 billion GBP for Iraq alone.

Britain do try their best, the government has set up many plans to help developing countries, it was announced that G. Brown has set up a plan for clean water in every developing country?

Labour & Blair's government have done alot, most unpublicised. But he's still left a dent on tax payer's money, and for everyone 10 good things people do, 1 bad thing will always show through.

Blair was good, but in my weighed up opinions his reign is over and done with. Washed up, he's finished. He was bad throughout.

Good debate, lol +rep

tbh he is crap "/

hit-by-a-car
12-11-2006, 12:37 PM
yeh, the conservatives are gay. They wear pink ties.

Casanova
12-11-2006, 12:39 PM
I'd personally prefer SNP, long story but i'm a scottish independance lover.

dirrty
12-11-2006, 12:39 PM
yeh, the conservatives are gay. They wear pink ties.

how is that gay?

just means that they dont care what colours they wear.

LeGiT WaasTeMaN
12-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Hmm, I think if he stood clear of bush then he might have made a decent prime minister.

hit-by-a-car
12-11-2006, 12:57 PM
nah, bush and blaire went together like two freinds and a bottle of wine.

Sentrax
12-11-2006, 01:01 PM
sos but we cant resurrect the dead

Apparently they froze Churchill's body when he died.
So if they ever come up with a way to bring the dead back to life, then you shall have your fat man with a cigar. :D

I think Tony Blair is a good PM. Plenty of things he's done wrong, but I think he feels strenuous. He makes terrible decisions, but he does have to consider the consequences. For example, if we didn't aid USA in Iraq, they wouldn't aid us if we needed it. Without America by our side, we are nothing.

uh huh her
12-11-2006, 01:06 PM
no hes a ****.

exploit
12-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Lol no.. :]

FlyingJesus
12-11-2006, 03:44 PM
No, but there's no point making him resign before the next election. No-one in the Labour party will be any better.

simon!
12-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Tony Blair is the most clueless git in the world of politics, apart from George Bush. They're the Laurel and Hardy of politics and it's bloody pathetic that they're left in charge of our countries. The one I'm really angry at is Tony Blair, yes they may say he has an ally in George Bush but really he's using Bush as a safety net, if he gets it wrong they BOTH get it wrong. All this trouble with Iraq and Saddam has all blown out of proportion, I don't think Bush understands just what killing Saddam will do to the safety of America, it'll just create an even bigger impact. AND now Bush has created an impossible situation with Korea it's just too much for people to think about. They really do make me scared ofr my life. I went to a protest when Blair was in Manchester and it was fantastic massive crowds came to the event and me and my now girlfriend just went mad.

Tbh I wouldn't give two johnnys if he got fired tomorrow.

-:Undertaker:-
12-11-2006, 06:15 PM
When someone said that the Conservatives are gay because they wear pink ties needs to rethink.

Michael Howard the EX-Leader of the Tory's did wear a Pink Shirt that is because Pink is considered a warm colour and people wouldn't feel "indimadated" :P

Everything Labour has done has been destroying our country, Immagration, NHS, Tax, Iraq etc.. the list is endless.

Vulnerable
12-11-2006, 10:45 PM
No, not really. I'd choose Labour over Conservatives any day, but Blair does make some terrible decisions..

I dislike David Cameron, nor do I want Gordon Brown to control the country, which I have a feeling may happen.

I'd love to see the Liberal Democrats lead the country for a while, though. I think they have some fantastic prospects.

Casanova
15-11-2006, 11:51 AM
People often are immature, so I believe when they are commenting on Tony Blair or previous or fellow leaders. He does alot for all our countries, and others. His government is successful and you normally forget that it'll be a 100 word small print articles on something good he's done, but when it's a bad mistake it'll be about 1 giant page of rubbish plaguing your mind.

He is good, but i dislike him in many ways. I'd still say no.

:Hazel
15-11-2006, 12:31 PM
No he isn't, the whole Iraq war was a joke and he just butt licks Bush.

FlyingJesus
15-11-2006, 02:13 PM
I'd love to see the Liberal Democrats lead the country for a while, though. I think they have some fantastic prospects.

Yes, like not being able to agree on any one policy, and leaving the party once people find out they're gay even though they're meant to be Liberal, and generally failing to get anything right. Fantastic prospects.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!