JoeComins
12-11-2006, 12:53 PM
http://primaldesigns.co.uk/JCPF/CDG/index.html

Eh?

Look at my coding. W3C Valid, or so I think

tekni
12-11-2006, 12:55 PM
It doesn't do it for me - sorry.

The default text isn't that default as it's smaller than default and it all looks too cramped in a small area for the content.
The 'wood effect' on the banner seems a little random and the swirl through it seems random to the green's/white's of the actual layout.
The banner is too big.
The slogan is too wacky for a professional designer.Sorry.

Panther
12-11-2006, 01:03 PM
I like the wood effect. Nice little design :D good one +rep

omgDAN!
12-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Very nice but the font in the banner is a bit weird?

JoeComins
12-11-2006, 06:54 PM
TY

Anymore?

Samster
12-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Brilliant as usual Joe

Excellent looking layout

RNelson
12-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Ye i agree i like the wood effect also i don't think green goes well the the different browns and the pink logo doesn't look right it's like a sheep in a field with horses just stands out and looks stupid but it's a nice design overall 8/10
It doesn't do it for me - sorry.

The default text isn't that default as it's smaller than default and it all looks too cramped in a small area for the content.
The 'wood effect' on the banner seems a little random and the swirl through it seems random to the green's/white's of the actual layout.
The banner is too big.
The slogan is too wacky for a professional designer.Sorry.

JoeComins
12-11-2006, 07:18 PM
I appreciate your comments, but I would like to explain or accept a few things:

The default text isn't that default as it's smaller than default and it all looks too cramped in a small area for the content. Ive now made it into Verdana at size 10-11 instead of Arial, which was making it compact. The text area is a tad small, so I may code it in % rather than PX next time, so its fluid.
The 'wood effect' on the banner seems a little random and the swirl through it seems random to the green's/white's of the actual layout. Sorry. I dont agree with this. Without it, it would be boring, and it encorparates the background into the layout. I was planning on making it change for each page. :)
The banner is too big. - Even on a 800 x 600 setting, it looks fine. It may be a tad too tall, but ah well.
The slogan is too wacky for a professional designer. There isnt a slogan as such. Thats more of a comment. Its a well know fact that something like that can give you website more user-freindly-ness. Humour is a great thing. Its not funny, but its something extra.
Anyhow, Thats everyone. This is more like the post I wanted. Thanks Adam Darling

I agree in NO WAY with Ryan. I dont see how he can say that, then say its nice. Brown + Wood Effect + Green + Pink or Red as a contrast = Classic, yet contemptory combination . .

Mentor
12-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Personly i like the chicken slogan bits, one of my fav parts, im doing this from memoery since your site has decised to go offline again, which it does at will at random intevals as far as i can see "/

tekni
12-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Chickens + Professionalism....

:l

Humour is good but wacky isn't.

Good concept anywho ;)

Vulnerable
12-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Great, as always. I love its simplicity.

JoeComins
12-11-2006, 07:56 PM
What?>

A site with: Joe Comins - A Personal Portfolio . . .
Or a site with: A Creative Portfolio of Joe Comins. I'm a chicken, whats your excuse?

Its not a professional design site. Its a portfolio. The chicken is the best part. It just seems to me that you have no idea of real design: Something that people will remember, instead of looking at, and clicking off.

Carl is right, and anyone who doesnt understand that isnt the brightest spark on the lump of coal

Josh-H
12-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Wood effect is a no no imo, sorry Joe... some nice bits like the clean overall look of it but on a whole. Not your best.

Heinous
12-11-2006, 09:17 PM
It has potential, but something about it puts me off, not too sure. Nice job though.

Oh, and it fails validation. (http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fprimaldesigns.co.uk%2FJCPF% 2FCDG%2Findex.html)

tekni
12-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Yey!
Chicken, how professional...

Heinous
12-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Yey!
You really have no idea about web design.

The chicken is a nice touch. It looks professional, and the chicken thing just makes you look human. It's not overly done, with chickens all over the page, just some slight humour.

You Adam, have no idea about web design at all.

SimplyTech
12-11-2006, 09:49 PM
People remember crazy and stupid things like that poke the penguin thing i went on it once but i still remember it cause it was crazy.
Im not gonna rate this cause tbh joe you can do better.

alexxxxx
12-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Looks nice. Not my style thooo.

Samster
12-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Yey!

It lightens up the layout a bit, why does it matter? In my opinion in livens the whole thing up and brings in a bit of entertainment

SimplyTech
12-11-2006, 09:55 PM
Chickens + Professionalism....

:l

Humour is good but wacky isn't.

Good concept anywho ;)
I dont like you,
Your better than me at webdesign but you suddenly think your really good when your not.

tekni
12-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Because slogans have everything to do with webdesign.

I know nothing about webdesign - oh dear. :o

Oh wait - I remember now that opinions don't count on this forum :rolleyes:

SimplyTech
12-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Because slogans have everything to do with webdesign.

I know nothing about webdesign - oh dear. :o

Oh wait - I remember now that opinions don't count on this forum :rolleyes:
Not just this thread but in the past week your attitudes completely changed

tekni
12-11-2006, 10:00 PM
I post what I think - oh wait, a forum's not for that is it... silly me.

JoeComins
12-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Well, if you think that your right, then your sadly deluded.

The chicken is something to add a more comfortable feel to the user. MAny people feel that something like that would lighten the mood of the site, and give it more of a friendly feel, so that the user doesnt feel lost or belittled in the site.

It also gives the user something to remember thats unique about your site: The chicken.

And Adam, thats why youve not got much futher in a very long time. You have one set way, and you do not realise the mental and phycological effects of small things. If you see a cat in someones small bungalow with an old lady with glasses inside, with an open fire, it feels more welcoming that a pure white, cold appartment overlooking factories with no distrinction, doesnt it? Same theory applies.

SimplyTech
12-11-2006, 10:03 PM
I post what I think - oh wait, a forum's not for that is it... silly me.
This is my point non stop sarcasm
look at the past 20 posts youve had and how many :rolleyes: do they include

tekni
12-11-2006, 10:07 PM
I don't think i'm right Joe - it's a friggin opinion and you go off on one because I don't like one of your designs...

I have a hell of a lot of sarcasm - it's the lowest form of whit, but the highest of intelligence.

I see where you're coming from but in the design world - I have no background experience, no ps skills, no graphics/arts skills what so ever to be honest so my designs are going to be hellova crap arn't they?

Be honest - if everyone had the same opinion about everything then the world would be a boring place. If many people like the design [which seems to be the case] then go with it.

You're not going to take 'advice' from some one forum member when the rest disagree with his opinions.

Heinous
12-11-2006, 10:44 PM
I don't think i'm right Joe - it's a friggin opinion and you go off on one because I don't like one of your designs...

I have a hell of a lot of sarcasm - it's the lowest form of whit, but the highest of intelligence.

I see where you're coming from but in the design world - I have no background experience, no ps skills, no graphics/arts skills what so ever to be honest so my designs are going to be hellova crap arn't they?

Be honest - if everyone had the same opinion about everything then the world would be a boring place. If many people like the design [which seems to be the case] then go with it.

You're not going to take 'advice' from some one forum member when the rest disagree with his opinions.
LOL.

Just lol.

You go onto HF, post your layouts, receive bad reviews on it, refuse to accept that people don't like it, have that same opinion, that if someone doesn't give you an essay on what's bad, then it's a pointless post, then you come here, whinge about HF in your signature, and do the exact same thing.

Lol.

Ultimately the layout is nice. Although, I realised what was missing IMO, some sort of border around the two columns beneath the banner. just my opinion though.

SimplyTech
12-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Sarcasm the highest form of intelligence?
Get real

Fonejacker
12-11-2006, 10:51 PM
I Like it it's very simple and the slogon is amazing I like it :D lol It doesn't have to make sence to be good :) Good Job :D

redtom
12-11-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm sorry in advance for the bad comment.

This is no where near the range of quality of some of your other layouts, its to simple anyone can make a few lines here and there with a banner, I think you getting a little lazzy, although it is still nice

BTW I'm not commenting on the coding because I know nothing about coding

JoeComins
13-11-2006, 08:09 AM
If anyone could do it, why havnt they? . . .

One person made the first wheel. Why didnt evenone else before that? Its a simple concept . . .

:)

Raremandan
13-11-2006, 12:22 PM
I can't see it Joe, link the image on Flickr please.

Colin-Roberts
13-11-2006, 12:53 PM
ontopic: needs a different banner
offtopic: dans back :o

Raremandan
13-11-2006, 01:00 PM
ontopic: needs a different banner
offtopic: dans back :o

Perhaps. I have had few other accounts, but I realised this one had been unbanned. (Off ill, therfore bored) and I still had VIP (huh) so I thought i'd come on.

tekni
13-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Heinous - Members of HF are so negative.

If someone doesn't like what I do - fair goes, but when they just post 'start again' - which they do - i get pissed off because it's not helping me whatsoever.

If I like something - I like it, if I dont, well - i don't.

So, if you have a problem with my opinions then just choose to ignore me - simple.

:Blob
13-11-2006, 04:35 PM

If someone doesn't like what I do - fair goes, but when they just post 'start again' - which they do - i get pissed off because it's not helping me whatsoever.

So, if you have a problem with my opinions then just choose to ignore me - simple.

Oh just shutup and go back to your time zone.

tekni
13-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Time zone/

Wth?

Opinions obviously mean nothing then -.-

13-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Look at you sig. If you have eyes.

tekni
13-11-2006, 04:41 PM
that's not a timezone, that was a time in history.

god are you STOOPID?

omgDAN!
13-11-2006, 04:42 PM
LOL.
Stop arguing pls.

13-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Im not completey stupid. The brain part is missing.

tekni
13-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Im not completey stupid. The brain part is missing.
So your feet are amazingly intelligent?

13-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Yep. what ever u say.

Heinous
14-11-2006, 12:23 AM

No they aren't. They're intelligent, they prefer to critique stuff rather than all praise it. And believe it or not, that's a good thing. You got told ALL the stuff about every piece of work you posted, rather than being told some, if not none, of it on other places. If you refer to a community as "negative" because they're more critical when judging work, you don't have the maturity to be a web designer.

People post differently, you or I can't change it, so get over it. It's easy just to ignore the post, rather than egging them on.

You are a hypocrite, end of.

JoeComins
14-11-2006, 03:07 PM
No. Just wait

I didnt think he was right with some of the things he said, as I was complaining about the chicken, which ive come to think is a bad idea. However, the point still stands.

Adam is good in his own right.

Just live and let live. Get over it

Stop spamming my thread :)

14-11-2006, 04:43 PM
I like the template Joe. Not one of you best, but I like the chicken.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!