PDA

View Full Version : X Blogs

Braffen
12-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Habbo UK has released the dumbest idea ever, X blogs. Sorry if it's been posted, I tend to do that a lot. I searched and nothing came up so meh.

http://www.habbohotel.co.uk/help/habbo_experts/xblogs.html
http://www.habbohotel.co.uk/help/habbo_experts/xblog.html

I like Habbo always says that Xs are not staff, yet they give them blogs. Habbo UK is going so downhill, it's hilarious.

dd056
12-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Why would we want to read about a habbo X's week?

london
12-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Good idea imo.

Niall!
12-11-2006, 06:57 PM
LMAAO AT THAT

gd find- not that u can call it gd pmsl:rolleyes:

whats next? badge owner blogs?

tekni
12-11-2006, 07:02 PM
I have an idea:

Random Habbo Blogs.

kwlgurl182301-:...::1111-x,x4's week.
lyk, dis weak as been a gudun cus i r gettin sum fernis cus dis guy sed e wud giv me creds if i gev im my pass and i did so i r gettin the fornis 2moz he sed.

i also opened my rm clld kljjk1k2u2909031./.,ks, its kwl cus its got no fernis or walls or floor n it luks kwl.

i wnt 2 b a abbo x wen i r oldr cus i av gd comminatxcion scills and i love elping ppl.

cya latr dudes, i gotta go cus my amster is doing a mess all ova mi new barbi.

l8r!

Kotu
12-11-2006, 07:06 PM
The way I see it, it's just a way to make the X's more approachable.

Plank
12-11-2006, 07:17 PM
I have an idea:

Random Habbo Blogs.

kwlgurl182301-:...::1111-x,x4's week.
lyk, dis weak as been a gudun cus i r gettin sum fernis cus dis guy sed e wud giv me creds if i gev im my pass and i did so i r gettin the fornis 2moz he sed.

i also opened my rm clld kljjk1k2u2909031./.,ks, its kwl cus its got no fernis or walls or floor n it luks kwl.

i wnt 2 b a abbo x wen i r oldr cus i av gd comminatxcion scills and i love elping ppl.

cya latr dudes, i gotta go cus my amster is doing a mess all ova mi new barbi.

l8r!
lol that made me laugh!

you would say that, coz your an X arent u?

i think X blogs are a bit silly... like anyone cares what an X has done during their time on habbo? not me...
if habbo keeps going this way Xs are going to be like hobbas...

Barmi
12-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Habbo UK has released the dumbest idea ever, X blogs.
*Rubs hands together* Let's get cracking! :P

Firstly - who do you think is going to produce all the content for the eXperts section of the homepage? Poor old redtiz? :o Sadly, I don't think she would have the time to type everything for the eXperts section.

Secondly - if they are the "dumbest idea ever", do you think there will be a lot more of them? ;) Things aren't added to that section of the site for "no apparent reason", are they? They provide more content for Habbos to read (if they want to) - it's optional, you don't need to. Heck, you don't even need to visit that section of the site if you don't like the fact that the X's are trying to develop that area. ;)

If you managed to read them (and not clock off after the first sentence), you might realise that they're not "random". They reinforce bits of information, and important safety advice. Okay... you might be aware of every single thing that was mentioned - but some Habbos aren't. I'm no marketing genius, so I don't understand how you can have a target audience can include people well versed in safety, and those who aren't. The closest is by including useful information for those who aren't, and something to read for those who are. :)

@dd056:
Daz, I've already said - nobody said you have to. :) Did I read the Around The World updates? No, because I was bored of the competition, and it didn't appeal to me. :)

@weec0 & adm:
Try it? Everyone is different, and regardless of who/what/where they are in this world - they all have a different story to tell. Like talkshows on TV - you get the same celebrities going on different ones. Why not get some people from the audience and learn about them? Everyone has something unique about them - and yeah, maybe "Random Habbo Blogs" isn't such a stupid idea after all. Suggest it, try it, see if it works. If it doesn't - get rid of it.

You live life to try things (or I do, anyway). Try, learn, adapt.

It's just another way of getting important tips across, rather than having scattered articles lecturing you on what to do, and what not to do. ;) And yeah, Kotu's right again - it is likely to make the X's more approachable - knowing that they aren't some evil so-and-so that's going to rip their head off.

At the end of the day - what works for one person won't necessarily work for another. I won't walk into the female toilets because I know the "are not for me". If the eXpert blogs are "not for you", then don't read 'em. :P

Edit: Penguins - X's are never going to be "like" Hobbas. They have completely different aims. And Kotu's not an X - he just speak a hell of a lot of sense, whether he agrees or disagrees with an idea.

Plank
12-11-2006, 07:23 PM
*Rubs hands together* Let's get cracking! :P

Firstly - who do you think is going to produce all the content for the eXperts section of the homepage? Poor old redtiz? :o Sadly, I don't think she would have the time to type everything for the eXperts section.

Secondly - if they are the "dumbest idea ever", do you think there will be a lot more of them? ;) Things aren't added to that section of the site for "no apparent reason", are they? They provide more content for Habbos to read (if they want to) - it's optional, you don't need to. Heck, you don't even need to visit that section of the site if you don't like the fact that the X's are trying to develop that area. ;)

If you managed to read them (and not clock off after the first sentence), you might realise that they're not "random". They reinforce bits of information, and important safety advice. Okay... you might be aware of every single thing that was mentioned - but some Habbos aren't. I'm no marketing genius, so I don't understand how you can have a target audience can include people well versed in safety, and those who aren't. The closest is by including useful information for those who aren't, and something to read for those who are. :)

@dd056:
Daz, I've already said - nobody said you have to. :) Did I read the Around The World updates? No, because I was bored of the competition, and it didn't appeal to me. :)

@weec0 & adm:
Try it? Everyone is different, and regardless of who/what/where they are in this world - they all have a different story to tell. Like talkshows on TV - you get the same celebrities going on different ones. Why not get some people from the audience and learn about them? Everyone has something unique about them - and yeah, maybe "Random Habbo Blogs" isn't such a stupid idea after all. Suggest it, try it, see if it works. If it doesn't - get rid of it.

You live life to try things (or I do, anyway). Try, learn, adapt.

It's just another way of getting important tips across, rather than having scattered articles lecturing you on what to do, and what not to do. ;) And yeah, Kotu's right again - it is likely to make the X's more approachable - knowing that they aren't some evil so-and-so that's going to rip their head off.

At the end of the day - what works for one person won't necessarily work for another. I won't walk into the female toilets because I know the "are not for me". If the eXpert blogs are "not for you", then don't read 'em. :P
why do you right like an essay in every thread?
+ no one cares about habboXs except newbs, suck ups and wannabes teehee

london
12-11-2006, 07:28 PM
The reason Barmi writes a 'essay' is to get his point across & if you think only 'newbs' and 'suck-ups' are intrested in the x program then you are quite mistaken.

brandon
12-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Because his posts are well thought through and constructive.

Just-One
12-11-2006, 07:30 PM
It just seems like an idea to boost X's ego's up to make them feel as if they're spweshial.

Plank
12-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Because his posts are well thought through and constructive.
ye well he didnt have to write an essay to get his point across... most X's suck up to staff and are wannabe mods anyway.. X's need to get out more soz, no offence. but who wants to spend their day helping people on a virtual chat room?

Barmi
12-11-2006, 07:31 PM
+ no one cares about habboXs except newbs and suck ups teehee
I don't. :) But if I've got something to say, I'll say it. :) I just tend to have a lot to say. *Points at opening post* The thread's about that, not "who cares about Habbo Xs". I've highlighted a certain part of your reply aswell. :) Habbo X's are expected to help new Habbos, so yeah - I wouldn't be surprised if new Habbos were thankful. I've never needed to visit a family planning clinic, but does that mean they should be shut down because "nobody cares about them except people who want to start/prevent a family"? Nope. :) It has its use, and so do Habbo X's - you might not need to make use of it though. :)

Edit: Lolz James - send a blog in then. ;) I'm sure it'd raise a few eyebrows?

Edit2: Penguin - the majority of X's never (or rarely) speak to staff. :) "who wants to spend all day sat watching TV? They should get out more." Yet many people do that. ;)

Anyway - it feels like I'm trying to defend the X system, which ain't the point of the thread, bud. ;) We can do it elsewhere. <3

brandon
12-11-2006, 07:33 PM
ye well he didnt have to write an essay to get his point across... most X's suck up to staff and are wannabe mods anyway.. X's need to get out more soz, no offence. but who wants to spend their day helping people on a virtual chat room?
Barmi do you spend all day in the welcome lounge?

Plank
12-11-2006, 07:34 PM
It just seems like an idea to boost X's ego's up to make them feel as if they're spweshial.
agreed.....

Plank
12-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Barmi do you spend all day in the welcome lounge?
yeah... i didnt say all Xs, i said most Xs, that doesnt mean im saying it all about barmi...

oops double post, give me an infraction now so the pain goes

N!ckG (Forum Moderator) Please do not double post

Flumples
12-11-2006, 07:45 PM
o i wna rite bout da dream i had last night!!!!!!111

Black_Apalachi
12-11-2006, 07:48 PM
So there are X blogs... Lol @ anyone who cares tbh. :rolleyes:

Probably a good idea, as has been said above, makes Xs more approachable. If you don't like 'em, don't read 'em. Simple innit.

I personally think Xs are very good as people. Instead of trading and gambling all day on Habbo, or even going out, they spend their time sitting in various places like the Welcome Lounge helping newbs like you and me (mainly you) and they don't even get paid for it.

So my point is, these blogs allow them to talk to the Habbo communtity with their own space on the Habbo website. This should motivate Xs... and they must need eXtreme motivation. :p

Btw whoever complained about "essays" can shush. A long post shows that someone has a point and they know what they are talking about unlike newbs who say somehting like, "Yeah X blogs suck."

Thanks for reading. :)

Pyroka
12-11-2006, 08:00 PM

agreed.....

My response to this is, if you got the chance to write a blog on the pages of a popular site, i know you would.. and dont come off saying you wont, because its a blatent lie to stick to your story of hatred towards Habbo/Safety Xs, and make them look the bad guys. Sorry but the whole ego thing is total crap, the X's have a choice to do it, and they choose to do so.. aware that people like you will flame them.. which sucks for them i guess.

Plank
12-11-2006, 08:02 PM
My response to this is, if you got the chance to write a blog on the pages of a popular site, i know you would.. and dont come off saying you wont, because its a blatent lie to stick to your story of hatred towards Habbo/Safety Xs, and make them look the bad guys. Sorry but the whole ego thing is total crap, the X's have a choice to do it, and they choose to do so.. aware that people like you will flame them.. which sucks for them i guess.
erm? who are you to tell me what i want to do? i wouldnt want to write a blog on any site.. its my business what i do, not everyone elses, and no one would care what i do like i dont care what the Xs do

krazyhouse
12-11-2006, 08:09 PM
erm? who are you to tell me what i want to do? i wouldnt want to write a blog on any site.. its my business what i do, not everyone elses, and no one would care what i do like i dont care what the Xs do

Why have you posted then in a thread you "don't care about"

It seems ok when all the tech team and other habbos was sending in there articles for the newsie and what not, as soon as its the X's doing a little blog harming no one what the problem is.

Its there to help habbos get to know what it is like for X's and as barmi said has the a few tips and hints in the blogs, there also to help new habbos get to know the X's by reading these blogs.

I dont see what the problem is and why you even have a problem roll on next weeks.

Zuar
12-11-2006, 08:11 PM

i sort of agree, who wants to see what a habbo x done in a week, yet if i was one, i would tell people to go on it.

Plus barmi there is no need to write essayson forums.

Plank
12-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Why have you posted then in a thread you "don't care about"
because a forum is for discussing things and giving your opinion... thats what i was doing... + the blogs are like 'today a virtual gang approached me and asked me what a scammer was' and im like, so?

Pyroka
12-11-2006, 08:16 PM
i dont care what the Xs do

X's need to get out more soz, no offence. but who wants to spend their day helping people on a virtual chat room?

Dont care eh? :rolleyes:

krazyhouse
12-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Then you may not have read the whole thread im sure it was said there was tips and hints?

Its really hints for new people, as habboX are meant to help new people?

Yep i thought so so that is why?

You may not care but others do, habbo can never please all of you and neither can the X's mainly the same people are going to carry on moaning.

Flumples
12-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Plus barmi there is no need to write essayson forums.
he can write as much as he wants tbh. he obviously feels strongly about it and wants to get his point across.

Plank
12-11-2006, 08:19 PM
im not moaning, im sharing my opinion on a forum, good or bad. you can like it or not...

You
12-11-2006, 08:23 PM
I see it as a bunch of *Removed*, nothing more, nothing less.

N!ckG (Forum Moderator) Please do not avoid the filter or use vocabulary of a vulgar nature

Plank
12-11-2006, 08:23 PM
I see it as a bunch of bollox, nothing more, nothing less.
lmao true.. although
*Quote Removed* can come in handy sometimes.. especially when making babies

krazyhouse
12-11-2006, 08:24 PM
I could say the same to you about the blogs but yet i would still be in the wrong some how woo the joys

Dj_dude007
12-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Well I think that the X Blogs will be a complete waste of time as there is not many people that will even bother to read it. Obviously the X's are going to back the idea as it just makes them even more known on Habbo. All the X system is thesedays is just a popularity contest.

As for the people moaning about Barmi's Essays, they are always really good and I actually enjoy reading them as they are so well thought through unlike when I post a big reply. :P

Pitch
12-11-2006, 08:52 PM
and X's do what exactly?

edit: are you winging about barmi because you he writes essays, or because you cant?

Plank
12-11-2006, 08:54 PM
and X's do what exactly?
yeah they look after newbs.. thats why i said newbs care about them.. duh
well what was meant to turn out to be a thread on X blogs came out to be one big argument :D

Pitch
12-11-2006, 09:00 PM
its so much easier to insult than not to.

X's do some good things. Ive seen in WL, no offence to these people but they really are hopeless, X's stay calm, helpful. Id certainly be alot happier if when id joined there'd been an X to help me, as opposed to the
"OMG NEWB" which im guessing most of the people who are opposed to X's tend to do. Just remember, you where that NEWB once so why pass on hatred.
spread luuuuuuuuurve

Markness.
12-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Hell Yeah :p, We Lurrve Lurvve

And Penguins, When Have You Ever Typed An 'essay' To Put Your Point Across ? Or Is Making Short Outbursts Like 'i dont care bout x' and Generally Contradicting Yourself More Your Style

Kymux
12-11-2006, 09:39 PM
A new Habbo came up to me a tear rolled in his eye

That defies science :)

Zampo-III
13-11-2006, 12:47 AM
Haha
Sorry this is quite hillarious...
Penguin.. You seem to constantly Contradict yourself.
"Theres no need for him to write essays to get points across".. "Im just putting across my opinion"
Well Isnt that what Barmi is doing?
So it its alright for you to put across your opinion
Why isnt it ok for him to do it?
It doesnt matter whether or not its an essay or not
It just shows he knows what he is talking about as he uses things to back up his arguements and opinions
Whereas you just State an opinion and dont back it up with anything.
Maybe if you were to expand on why you have these views in more depth you might get a little more respect :)

And Barmi is right.. No one is making you read the blogs, So why do you feel the need to start moaning about them... They are not affecting you in any way whatsoever so just drop it.

I Personally think they are a great Idea..
You get to see the true person behind the Habbo and not just see them in a room helping people and people getting the impression they are "Shucking Up".
They arent "Shucking up" and these blogs let you see the Person Behind The X.
Its a chance for New people and older members to get to know the person that is giving them help and advice.

X's are a great addition to Habbo.. They are absolutely Nothing like Hobbas...

Im tired so a do appoligise if im repeating or make no sense lol.

The point is.. The blogs are there whether you like it or not. Whether you care about X's or not... Youre not forced to read them.. So there's no need to criticise.

I think alot of the anger towards the X's are mainly due to jealousy.
Sometimes its just arrogant people but mostly Jealous people are using anger and hatred as a venting process to get back at the X's

I admire the determination of X's.. They get alot of stick for what they do.. All they are doing is trying to help people..
You don't get people Dissing people who work in Help centres and calling them Shuck ups
So why do it on habbo? It's no different so don't do it.

Like X's or Hate X's, They are just trying to be friendly and help people... They are nopt effecting you in anyway
So chill out.

Now im going to get flamed for doing an Essay lol :P

Braffen
13-11-2006, 01:52 AM
Please note that I didn't post this because I hate Xs, I hate the idea. I have some Xs that are my friends, it's nothing personal.

I just feel like these blogs are going to be like the Player Support blogs. I don't think they need to make Habbo Xs write blogs, when only the PS staff write em. I'm sure a whole load of people would rather read blogs by Habbo Staff than by Xs. I agree, this could make them too famous, and they may forget their true roles.

LOL James we actually agree for once!!

visa.
13-11-2006, 12:44 PM
The whole Habbo X system is a bureaucracy. The X Blogs are there to make the X's feel like they're good for something other then telling people to 'click ignore'.

They have it so hard, don't they. Having to direct people to the Help Tool or the FAQs. Oh my, I'll bet they wear their clicking finger out every day.

:Hazel
13-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Who cares what their week has been like? I doubt many people give a flying toss tbh. I know I don't. They aren't special just because they have a poxy badge. :rolleyes:

Kotu
13-11-2006, 12:52 PM
lol that made me laugh!

you would say that, coz your an X arent u?

No, I'm not, looks like someone could benefit from looking at the X page.

People who keep saying "I don't care", and "Who cares what their week's been like..." I think you'll find it's not so much about how their week has been; it seems more like a novel way to touch on different safety/help related subjects. Just like the Player Support blogs, each week they include something related to using the Help Tool correctly or when to use it rather than what they've been up to all week.

X's serve a purpose on Habbo, and that's to promote how to use it and how to use it safely. They're going to want different ways to go about this purpose, it's only to be expected. If 10, 50 or 500 people benefit from reading a paragraph or two written by an X featured in their homepage section than that's good enough for me to say it's a good idea.

Simon
13-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Habbo UK has released the dumbest idea ever, X blogs. Sorry if it's been posted, I tend to do that a lot. I searched and nothing came up so meh.

http://www.habbohotel.co.uk/help/habbo_experts/xblogs.html
http://www.habbohotel.co.uk/help/habbo_experts/xblog.html

I like Habbo always says that Xs are not staff, yet they give them blogs. Habbo UK is going so downhill, it's hilarious.

dont go on it then stop crying

Boxiel
13-11-2006, 02:50 PM
It's a good idea me thinks. Gives people more of an insite to X's

Good find.

womanizer
13-11-2006, 03:13 PM
i dont treat xs any differently than anyone else. They have a badge, loads of people have a badge just pay &#163;2.50 :l

Plank
13-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Hell Yeah :p, We Lurrve Lurvve

And Penguins, When Have You Ever Typed An 'essay' To Put Your Point Across ? Or Is Making Short Outbursts Like 'i dont care bout x' and Generally Contradicting Yourself More Your Style
yeah i have typed an essay but not on a forum, and i didnt put a capital letter on every word either...

And Barmi is right.. No one is making you read the blogs, So why do you feel the need to start moaning about them... They are not affecting you in any way whatsoever so just drop it.
I think alot of the anger towards the X's are mainly due to jealousy.
1) i never said anyone was making me read the blogs...
2) i got over this thread last night and you just made the argument worse
3) im not jealous of the Xs

im sorry if ive offended anyone but its just the way i feel about this... i dont think Xs should get treated this way with events and blogs just because they have a badge and help people out..

Kardan
13-11-2006, 05:10 PM
If you don't like it, don't read it. Want to complain, use the help tool.

Simple.

Pitch
13-11-2006, 06:20 PM
The whole Habbo X system is a bureaucracy. The X Blogs are there to make the X's feel like they're good for something other then telling people to 'click ignore'.

They have it so hard, don't they. Having to direct people to the Help Tool or the FAQs. Oh my, I'll bet they wear their clicking finger out every day.
and youd know its so hard..
at least they contribute something positive... if they do this via their blogs, or via their welcome lounge time.. fine by me.

visa.
13-11-2006, 08:40 PM
and youd know its so hard..
at least they contribute something positive... if they do this via their blogs, or via their welcome lounge time.. fine by me.
I hardly consider it positive, my friend. Think what you'd like. Hi Hazel.

Zampo-III
13-11-2006, 08:56 PM
I hardly consider it positive, my friend. Think what you'd like. Hi Hazel.

Hmm, They are taking time out of THEIR lives to help New comers to the site...
Yea because that's not positive in anyway whatsoever is it? :S Do you even know the meaning of Citizenship?
Didn't think so...

And they do get it hard, They way they get it hard is through people like you.. Who have a go and moan about what they do... People like you go on about how they are just Shucking up and all that...
They get a lot of stick for what they do and all they are trying to do is help people...

Helping people = Positive...
Yes i believe its a very positive thing that they do lol

Just-One
14-11-2006, 11:29 AM

Haha.. well to be perfectly honest no personally I wouldn't ever write a blog on any sort of site, so please don't assume things little boy.

Anyway, yes the Blogs are there to boost X's ego's. They have a choice to do it, and they have chosen to participate. If an X wanted to do a general blog, they would do it on a normal blog site, the fact they are wanting to do it on Habbo to boost their name just shows it is there to boost their ego's?

Sorry I don't see how I am wrong?

James

:Hazel
14-11-2006, 12:41 PM
If you don't like it, don't read it. Want to complain, use the help tool.

Simple.

No point in the help tool, waste of time.

ColyTom
14-11-2006, 03:21 PM
The Help Tool is not a waste of time. Personally, I cannot see a problem with X's writing blogs on Habbo. If you do not want to read it then it is your own choice, no one is forcing you.

Shadow16
14-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Ok,

Personally i think the X Blogs are not a waste of time. I think there useful as there designed to let you know the X's a little bit better without even meeting them. The blogs are also designed to give Tips & Hints on how to stay Safe in the hotel and also other related topics...

For those that think the X Blogs are pointless or waste of time. Then why on earth do you read/view them? If you hate the "Idea" they don't read it.. Simple really.

Also why are you moaning about Barmi and his long eassy's? I think there very interesting to read as he knows what hes talking about and gets his point across easily.

Habbo Help Tool waste of time? I'd think you'll find it's not a waste of time. And if you find it a waste of time then god knows what your on..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!