PDA

View Full Version : As more die in Iraq, how long will it take our government to pull out?

J1MI
12-11-2006, 11:02 PM
UK troops die in Iraq boat blast

Four British servicemen have been killed in an attack on a patrol boat in southern Iraq.

Another three were seriously injured in the attack, which took place during a routine patrol along the Shatt al-Arab waterway in Basra.
The boat was hit by an "improvised explosive device", said Captain Tane Dunlop, speaking from Basra. Defence Secretary Des Browne paid tribute. It brings the total number of UK troops killed in Iraq to 125.

The deaths came on the same weekend that troops in Basra and elsewhere in Iraq paid their respects to lost colleagues, to mark Remembrance Day.

On the same day, two suicide bombers killed 35 people and wounded 60 at a police commando recruiting centre in western Baghdad, police said. And the US military said three American soldiers were killed in combat in western Al-Anbar province.

Source: bbc

How long must this go on for?

tekni
13-11-2006, 04:47 PM
As long as GWB wants us to be there.

PaintYourTarget
13-11-2006, 06:12 PM
For aslong as we're needed. Simple as.
Labour have been talking about pulling out, but they wont whilst Tony Blair is still in power.
Wait untill the prime minister is replaced, then we might get some real timescale.

TheLastShadow
13-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Untill Iraq can establish itself again. Prob wont be for another few years. Theres gonna be a draft in the future...

-:Undertaker:-
13-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Iraq will never get back on it's feet again unless someone like Saddam is put back in power, he kept them under control unlike the most powerful army in the world (USA) and it's allies.

Truth is that Blair and Bush have killed more people and done more damage than Saddam did so there the ones who should be on trial.

Sect
13-11-2006, 10:57 PM
There was no reason to go they just made up any excuse and have been found out :o we should pull out and mr blair can go on trial for being a liar who has killed a lot of innocent people the dirty old war criminal :o
i am not anti war though in my opinion we should have just nuked them that would have saved our money, troops and also a flood of asylum seekers ;)
ah well such is life.

J1MI
14-11-2006, 05:23 AM
There was no reason to go they just made up any excuse and have been found out we should pull out and mr blair can go on trial for being a liar

I agree wholeheartedly. However i do not agree with this statement.

we should have just nuked them

Why should innocent people die for oil?

sim
14-11-2006, 03:21 PM
asylum seekers ;)

I just love it when people say this.....especially when its followed by:

'Im so annoyed with our country so much for Great Britain, Im leaving and moving for New Zeland'

That makes me laugh because that would make them assylum seekers technically.

Stop ranting and raving over assylum seekers. Geez.

-:Undertaker:-
14-11-2006, 08:04 PM
I just love it when people say this.....especially when its followed by:

'Im so annoyed with our country so much for Great Britain, Im leaving and moving for New Zeland'

That makes me laugh because that would make them assylum seekers technically.

Stop ranting and raving over assylum seekers. Geez.

Why should people stop moaning about Asylum Seekers, New Zeland, USA and Austrailia let us in but we work and don't sponge off them unlike in this country were anyone is allowed in even if they can't speak English :$

Also to the person who said we should just nuke them, why should innocent people die for nothing?

Also today 100 Education Department workers were abducted from their HQ which is located in Baghdad, USA say Iraq is better off without Saddam, how can it be when 100 people get abducted from the most Coliation-filled zone? imagine what the rest of Iraq is like were there isn't as much army there as in Baghdad :@

Leigh
14-11-2006, 09:27 PM
I ask myself the question, Will Iraq ever regain control of it's people?
It's comical.. there's like 2 sides to Iraq. One lot moaning because Saddam's gone and one lot happy.

Saying that.. ROI was on it's ***.. and that seemed to regain control.

Casanova
14-11-2006, 10:27 PM
It's been known for a few weeks ago, and hinted many times that Blair has plans to release all duties from Iraq in exactly 18 months, with all plans on-going.

This means that they WILL leave hopefully.

Colin-Roberts
17-11-2006, 09:11 PM
ye the canadas are implementing a exit plan too (sorry if offtopic but im canadain not british)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!