View Full Version : System update....

[Jay]
13-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Could it be the new skill?

*Edit nope its:

Dan
13-11-2006, 02:43 PM
13 November 2006 - Player gallery and more bank space
This week, the gods of RuneScape take a wee bit of a breather as the scribes and artists bring you their finest work. So what have Reldo, Postie Pete, the Makeover Mage and the Bank of RuneScape been up to?

First up, straight off the presses come the next batch of Area Guides. This time the researchers have been wandering westwards and brought back tales of Kandarin, Karamja and the Void Knights.

Postie Pete, of course, has had a hand (or a chin) in this update as well, bringing together some remarkable art by adventurers, heroes, scoundrels and curs from across the length and breadth of RuneScape. There are some amazing pieces in there, so you'd best put on your cleanest looking-at-artwork suit to visit the Player Gallery.

Reldo has also sent one of King Roald's finest portrait painters to the Makeover Mage to capture some art for the Wallpapers section. It turns out the Mage has been busy updating some creatures, and we can now present you with the artists' work - keep an eye out for these updated NPCs in the future. The sheep are gloriously fluffy; the imps look as mischievous as they behave; the spiders are as terrifying as Evil Dave's Basement of DOOM.

The Bank of RuneScape has used all the revenue they gained from some very clever investments, and have added twenty-four more slots to all members' accounts!

Diango's Halloween problems have also sorted themselves out, so you'll no longer be able to go into the workshop to defeat ghosts. If you've already got your rewards from there, though, Diango will be happy to give them back if you lose them.

We've also made the following changes and bug fixes:
Rune pouches don't give you a message when you drop them. Instead, they just empty and fall on the floor.
Switching from any other weapon to a staff properly remembers your combat style.
Yew and magic trees in farming patches regrow properly when you chop them.
You can now take enchanted secateurs to Entrana when you go on a balloon trip there.
In Trouble Brewing, you can't drop torches on the floor. This is to stop players dropping them for members of the opposing team, and spoiling their own team's fun.

More bank space :D just no hunting yet..

[Jay]
13-11-2006, 02:45 PM
More bank space :D just no hunting yet..
ok sorted

Dan
13-11-2006, 02:46 PM
I merged them :P just you hadnt added the stuff on front page when i posted, no worries though :]

---MAD---
13-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Cool :).

Dan
13-11-2006, 03:05 PM
In terms of 'new skills', Hunting is unlikely to be the only one that you've got to look forward to. There are some other very interesting skills in development.

Do not think that we've forgotten the old skills though. Content is looking into ways to improve some of the older skills. We've had some really great suggestions made for this on threads like the High Level Content thread. Hopefully next year you should see some of this really start to pay off.

We'll also be working to add more depth to the game, revisiting some old story lines and expanding on the history of RuneScape.

There's plenty of things to look forward to just peeking around the corner. Good things really do come to those who wait.

The way I see it, we have three options. The first is to put the Skill icons in a vice and squeeze them till they're really small.

The second option is to make a 'scroll down' option, with the newer skills added to the bottom.

The third is to make an additional page for the new list of skills. I'd probably put my money on option number two.

More skills coming soon :o

Born_To_Live
13-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Interesting :)

Imnotpure
13-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Kl , more bank space. woo. Hunting will be here at the begining of december ^_^

shenk.
13-11-2006, 04:07 PM
OMG!!! I ACCTUALLY HAVE BANK *SPACE* NOW!

YEY :D

(After last update all that fited was what was in my invent and 1 space left lol)

Joahh
13-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Yay an update :rolleyes:

Joord
13-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Aww, the added bank space is just for members :(

PsychoPlumber
13-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Bank space just for members =[

---MAD---
13-11-2006, 04:46 PM
More skills coming soon :o
Cool. I noticed he didnt hint any of the changes. Must be a new policy after POH :p.

Charles
13-11-2006, 05:38 PM
In Trouble Brewing, you can't drop torches on the floor. This is to stop players dropping them for members of the opposing team, and spoiling their own team's fun.

BLAH! They ruined the whole sabotage thing!

Erin
13-11-2006, 05:42 PM
I dont want any new skills =[

Evolving
13-11-2006, 06:41 PM
OMG!!! I ACCTUALLY HAVE BANK *SPACE* NOW!

YEY :D

(After last update all that fited was what was in my invent and 1 space left lol)

Is that with or with out your stupid Key collection?

And i duno what the other skills could be
Hope hunting isnt to bad

ColyTom
14-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Bank space just for members =[
Oh :( Oh well, I might become a member soon.

jake4568
15-11-2006, 07:05 PM
3 things ive NEVER thought id ever see in runescape... 1. POH's 2.BEING ABLE TO SIT DOWN!!! and 3. a scrool bar to skills ooo man im so excited!!

Zildjian
15-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Aww its gonna end up having total levels of like 3000 if they keep adding new skills =[

lance628
16-11-2006, 02:36 AM
I hate new skills. My santa always drops in price =((

jake4568
16-11-2006, 09:00 AM
yup thats the problem with rares just pretend it aint there though let it collect dust and just were around when u feal like showing off;), also yea runescape i mean how much longer can it realy be around been, i mean sence 1999 thats a hell of a long time 8 years soon... but all mmorpgs will soon start to fall.. and i think ppl are just gona get tired of the new updates.. ppl are soon gona demand a rs2 classsic

---MAD---
16-11-2006, 12:03 PM
yup thats the problem with rares just pretend it aint there though let it collect dust and just were around when u feal like showing off;), also yea runescape i mean how much longer can it realy be around been, i mean sence 1999 thats a hell of a long time 8 years soon... but all mmorpgs will soon start to fall.. and i think ppl are just gona get tired of the new updates.. ppl are soon gona demand a rs2 classsic
Doubt that. MMORPGS are very popular because they waste time and basically never end. If you get bored of one game, you move to the next. They wont fail though :).

jake4568
16-11-2006, 02:31 PM
ive seen some pretty mmorpgs fail... starwars galixes ect.. itll still be around but hardly any 1 will play but dedicated players...

mnbvjifhgtge
16-11-2006, 03:58 PM
runesacpe wont die anytime soon its got too large a fanbase plus jagex haven't *****ed everyone over with a game breaking patch yet

Axel
17-11-2006, 07:55 AM
I cleared my bank so I had 3 extra lines, then they add more.... loads of room now.

Joord
17-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Non-members seriously need more bank space, everything in my bank is needed, and i've got like a full inventory all the time which is EXTREMELY annoying. rs keep adding items that are needed and useful, but still dont bother to give non-members more bank space. Its a pretty big hint that hunting is going to be members only as they only added more bank space for members. If you could have 2 rs's on at a time then i would store the items that i didnt need atm and trade em back when they were needed.

jake4568
18-11-2006, 07:57 AM
u can log to accounts in at the same time u risk being banded though so i dont recomend that..

ColyTom
18-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Runescape has become a lot better over the past few months.

Taker
18-11-2006, 07:34 PM
However will the hunting skill fit into the stats screen? "/

Dan
18-11-2006, 07:36 PM
However will the hunting skill fit into the stats screen? "/

Scroll bar most probly..

Erin,
04-12-2006, 08:01 PM
This is old news

Edited by -legoman- (Super Moderator): Please do not bump old threads, Thanks :]

Neil
04-12-2006, 08:30 PM
And you bumped it..

Albion
04-12-2006, 08:33 PM
This is old news

haha, stop bumping threads, on topic i dont really like hunter

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!