PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in aliens?

Neversoft
13-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Since theres a 'Do you believe in ghosts?' thread going, I thought I'd make one on aliens.

So, do you believe in aliens?

Nick.
13-11-2006, 07:02 PM
No, but I do believe there is life form on another planet/in another galaxy.

kasi
13-11-2006, 07:03 PM
yep i do :]

Neversoft
13-11-2006, 07:04 PM
No, but I do believe there is life form on another planet/in another galaxy.

Life on other planets/galaxys are classed as aliens.

Charles
13-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Yeah, there has to be some other living thing out in space.

brandon
13-11-2006, 07:05 PM
I don't know, I dont have a reason to or not believe.

benjamin
13-11-2006, 07:05 PM
yes, i do.

Uwe
13-11-2006, 07:07 PM
I don't believe there are steriotypical aliens [flying saucers.. green ect] but I do believe there are other humans somewhere out there :)

Nick.
13-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Life on other planets/galaxys are classed as aliens.
I mean what EM means.

I don't believe there are steriotypical aliens [flying saucers.. green ect] but I do believe there are other humans somewhere out there :)

exploit
13-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Kinda, I believe there COULD be some life out there..

Dan2nd
13-11-2006, 07:16 PM

I do think there are aliens are out there but like EternalMasque said not green or any of that rubbish. However it would be impossible for another planet to have humans on it ! If the thorey of evolution is correct we evolved from animals on our planet and its very unlikley another planet would have the same animals as us. If they do then they might still have Dinosaurs which would be cool. So I do think there are Human 'Like' beings out there but not human =]

alexxxxx
13-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Ya bbz. =]

Mentor
13-11-2006, 07:32 PM
statisticly is near immpossible for there not to be somewhere

massacre
13-11-2006, 07:36 PM
yeh lol

-:Undertaker:-
13-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Yes imagine the Earth as a grain of Sand in the Ocean but I don't believe there are Aliens that are hell-bent on destroying us rofl :)

Vulnerable
13-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Strangely, I don't think they exist.. I just don't believe in them.

I've seen some 'evidence' before and have proven it wrong, so.. yeh.

emobusters
13-11-2006, 07:52 PM
ye, i do.

vibrant
13-11-2006, 07:56 PM
yeah i spose.

liquid
13-11-2006, 07:58 PM
not in like stereotypical ones, but in creatures on other planets, yeah.

English
13-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Well flying saucers isn't really the technical name, it's U.F.O and if you don't know what it stands for it stands for Unidentified Flying Object[s]. So if you don't believe in them have you never heard of the Roswell incident/cover-up? Perhaps you should look out into it. Plus I think it'd be pretty impossible for other humans to be out there, maybe Extra Terrestials but not quite humans.

I do think there are aliens are out there but like EternalMasque said not green or any of that rubbish. However it would be impossible for another planet to have humans on it ! If the thorey of evolution is correct we evolved from animals on our planet and its very unlikley another planet would have the same animals as us. If they do then they might still have Dinosaurs which would be cool. So I do think there are Human 'Like' beings out there but not human =]
First of all there is no solid proof that evolution existed, although I agree about humans not existing somewhere else. And 'human like beings' are you referring to extra-terrarials?

Strangely, I don't think they exist.. I just don't believe in them.

I've seen some 'evidence' before and have proven it wrong, so.. yeh.
I would like to see this evidence and see you personally prove it wrong please.

Dan2nd
13-11-2006, 08:30 PM
First of all there is no solid proof that evolution existed, although I agree about humans not existing somewhere else. And 'human like beings' are you referring to extra-terrarials?

Lol thats why I said 'if' because the only proof we have is the world today and how its changed and if extra-terrarials are intelligent thats what I meant

English
13-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Lol thats why I said 'if' because the only proof we have is the world today and how its changed and if extra-terrarials are intelligent thats what I meant
Well if you think of some of the stuff they have apparently done then yes I would call them intelligent, take building a spaceship that can travel lightyears and land in Roswell...is that not intelligent?!

Vulnerable
13-11-2006, 08:50 PM
I would like to see this evidence and see you personally prove it wrong please.

It was of one particular 'sighting', so nothing major. I can't remember the website, but I had a debate about it with someone several months back now.

Other than this though, I just genuinely don't believe in 'aliens'.

-Soph-
13-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Nope i dont

Tash.
13-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Nope. I won't until there are solid facts that they exist. This applies to most things with me.. if you can't prove it, I don't believe in it.

Joe!
13-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Yep we cant be the only things in the whole universe :/

:Hazel
13-11-2006, 09:24 PM
No I don't.

-Soph-
13-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Nope. I won't until there are solid facts that they exist. This applies to most things with me.. if you can't prove it, I don't believe in it.

Exactly the same as me

English
13-11-2006, 09:47 PM
It was of one particular 'sighting', so nothing major. I can't remember the website, but I had a debate about it with someone several months back now.

Other than this though, I just genuinely don't believe in 'aliens'.
Well just because you 'dis-proved' a possibly fake Alien picture[which is pretty easy to fake and distinguish at the same time] this doesn't mean Aliens don't therefore exist.

Can the people who haven't give a reason as to why they don't believe in Aliens please give one?

Neversoft
13-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Well if you think of some of the stuff they have apparently done then yes I would call them intelligent, take building a spaceship that can travel lightyears and land in Roswell...is that not intelligent?!

Aparrently the U.F.O recovered at Roswell was actually a technical weather balloon-like-thing and the 'test dummies' were mistaken for aliens. I myself do not understand why they would have test dummies on a weather balloon, but so little has been revealed from the Roswell incident which makes it really suspicious. Although there was a program on tv a few months back about Roswell, it was basically about the U.F.O. They showed the debree left over from the 'U.F.O' found at Roswell and also showed a video of when they launched the 'weather balloon' and the debree matched perfectly to the materials the weather balloon was made out of. Although the whole thing could have been faked, the debree didn't seem to be in a museum, science lab or anything of that sort. I think the man that created and launched the weather balloon had it in his house! An 'expert' came 'round and examined it.

RedStratocas
13-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Yes, but not like in the movies. There are hundreds of thousands of species on earth, but humans are the only ones super-smart. So to me, if there is life on other planets, they are animal-like.

English
13-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Aparrently the U.F.O recovered at Roswell was actually a technical weather balloon-like-thing and the 'test dummies' were mistaken for aliens. I myself do not understand why they would have test dummies on a weather balloon, but so little has been revealed from the Roswell incident which makes it really suspicious. Although there was a program on tv a few months back about Roswell, it was basically about the U.F.O. They showed the debree left over from the 'U.F.O' found at Roswell and also showed a video of when they launched the 'weather balloon' and the debree matched perfectly to the materials the weather balloon was made out of. Although the whole thing could have been faked, the debree didn't seem to be in a museum, science lab or anything of that sort. I think the man that created and launched the weather balloon had it in his house! An 'expert' came 'round and examined it.
Well how biased was the source that you heard? I mean the government can twist anything and change anything to anything they want so either way the source you read/heard it from is likely to have been said by the 'government' whether it's true or not. And why would they use test dummies for it? Sounds pretty stupid cover-up to me, probably one of the worst I've heard. If you could provide the link to where you read it I would be interested and[+rep] ofcourse;) The only reason Roswell has had little shown is because alot of the stuff would be incriminating against Government and would show us stuff they definately want covered up. The documentary could easily have been faked just to cover-up Roswell even more - and guess who it would be done by:rolleyes:

Also RedStratocas - how come you believe humans are the superior/more intelligent species? What's saying that Extra-Terresterals aren't an intelligent life-form? Or even an even more intelligent life form...

boyslikegirls
13-11-2006, 10:02 PM
i believe in other life forms being out there, but not as intellegint (sp) as humans or capable of building flying saucers.

RedStratocas
13-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Also RedStratocas - how come you believe humans are the superior/more intelligent species? What's saying that Extra-Terresterals aren't an intelligent life-form? Or even an even more intelligent life form...

Compared to other species on earth, I can say that we are definatly the most advanced species. Until those penguins build that lasser beam anyway.

Im not saying it's impossible, but if you look at all the species on earth, humans are the only ones with major technological advances. So when I think of aliens, I dont think of super-technology and these little green dudes with huge eyes. I think of animals we see on earth, but just on another planet.

hindu
13-11-2006, 10:14 PM
not in like stereotypical ones, but in creatures on other planets, yeah.
ye same

Roboevil
13-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Considering the size of the universe and the minute amount of space that we've discovered in our own galaxy, let alone the universe, I'm sure the likeliness of there being other life, even as smart as us somewhere is 100%. However it's not like we've found anything so as much as I believe there to be aliens, I'm not going to say I do until there's concrete evidence.
As for the aliens that have been watching us and studying our species for hundreds of years, randomly abducting bewildered civilians, probing and carrying out various tests on us is absolute rubbish and I in no way believe that. If there are aliens, I assume they know of our existence as much as we know of theirs?

Neversoft
13-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Well how biased was the source that you heard? I mean the government can twist anything and change anything to anything they want so either way the source you read/heard it from is likely to have been said by the 'government' whether it's true or not. And why would they use test dummies for it? Sounds pretty stupid cover-up to me, probably one of the worst I've heard. If you could provide the link to where you read it I would be interested and[+rep] ofcourse;) The only reason Roswell has had little shown is because alot of the stuff would be incriminating against Government and would show us stuff they definately want covered up. The documentary could easily have been faked just to cover-up Roswell even more - and guess who it would be done by:rolleyes:

The program I watched was on the Sci-fi channel I think, and I read about the test dummies and weather balloon on this site also a few months back. (After watching the program I decided to do some reason in my spare time :P I'm so exciting!) I'll try find it for you now. The program on tv and website mentioned basically the same things and the site and program were not linked at all. I guess there are many things for the arguement of the existance of aliens but there are also many things against it.

I can't remember the exact site but this is one - http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg15520893.400-roswell-dummies.html

It mentions that the U.F.O was actually a 'high-altitude balloon with dummies on board'.

It says on another site that the dummies were used used in high-altitude parachute drops. - http://www.cnn.com/TECH/9706/24/ufo/

http://www.cnn.com/TECH/9706/24/ufo/dummies.jpg

Sorry, little mistake. It was a 'high-altitude balloon' not a weather balloon.

Grimmauld
13-11-2006, 10:28 PM
ye, anything is possible.

Vulnerable
14-11-2006, 06:59 AM
Well just because you 'dis-proved' a possibly fake Alien picture[which is pretty easy to fake and distinguish at the same time] this doesn't mean Aliens don't therefore exist.

Can the people who haven't give a reason as to why they don't believe in Aliens please give one?

Yes, I know. But it's made me more aware of the kind of mistakes that can be made to do with this whole idea. Besides, even before that I have never believed in them. Unless scientifically proved, I probably never will.

Also, you don't need to have a reason to not believe in them.. Some people just don't.

uh huh her
14-11-2006, 03:22 PM
well seeing as theres millions of other galaxies, yes. i dont see how earth is the only planet in the WHOLE universe with living organisms. not really thought about how intellectual they'd be, but i doubt human beings would be the smartest creatures in the universe.

beer
14-11-2006, 03:46 PM
yep. but mainly because i watch wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many sci-fi movies/programmes. I have the full taken box set on video if u ever watched it. it was good that.

Jesus-Egg
14-11-2006, 06:59 PM
If you think of the immense size of the universe, how can there not be life other than here on earth? There must be other forms of life out there, but most of it will probably be tiny, and bacteria-like. There probably will be intelligent life somewhere too, but it is extremely unlikely that they will look anything like humans. Is there life out there that's more intelligant that humans? It's possible. I don't believe, however, that these UFOs people claim to have seen are alien spacecraft. They're more likely to be human-built aircraft, imagined, or some sort of illusion.

Pwnr
14-11-2006, 07:04 PM
I do believe.

Herman
14-11-2006, 11:06 PM
I do believe there must be some other species living somewhere else, but not the stereotypical ones which are green and have big eyes.

BL!NKEY
15-11-2006, 01:49 AM
I votes yes because I think there are other life forms on other plannets. Like most people have said, I dont think they are the stereotypical aliens which are green with long slimy fingers who telepathically communicate. But maybe just little creatures in anothe galaxy or even Titan, one of Saturns moons which has an atmosphere. I dont think we have ever been in communication with aliens like all the signtings and roswell are fake but I still think they exist. If you thought you were the only plannet out of billions to have a life form you are not thinking outside the box. Your stance should be "I dont believe in there not being aliens unless I have a provel fact that we are the only plannet with life forms"

Yggdrasill
15-11-2006, 06:51 AM
No I don't believe in Aliens, I believe in animals out side the earth though. Not theese green people who go sending spaceships to earth.

Neversoft
15-11-2006, 10:10 AM
No I don't believe in Aliens, I believe in animals out side the earth though. Not theese green people who go sending spaceships to earth.

This thread inst about the kind of aliens you see in films, it's whether you believe in alien life on other planets.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!