PDA

View Full Version : Protest against new Section?

Ir1337?
14-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Hmm i think its compeltly stupid the best bit about it was just in the one bit.. not you have to go back forward etc its just crap tbh.. Alot of people are sharing same opinion as me in #habbox-chat.

Change back pls?
Adios.

:Jamie
14-11-2006, 05:07 PM
I agree I prefer having the threads and sub-forums above it :(

Lord_Gig
14-11-2006, 05:09 PM
-.- stop moaning... first of all people moan about the runescape section not being involved with the forum enough and now you're complaining about it expanding... just put up with it and hush.

Charles
14-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Yeaaah, when I read MAD's ideas I thought that they were good. But I didn't know a whole new section would be added. I hoped that the new subforums would be tucked in with the others, I dont think i'll get used to this.
Change it back please?

Erin
14-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Change it back
I felt like self harming when i saw teh new section
:'(

Ezzie.
14-11-2006, 05:12 PM
We get a whole section to ourselves two new forums. Am I missing somthing?

Evolving
14-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Yes i agree with all but Lord gig as the new forum will be hard to get ust to + more switching to and fro pages it was better when with the sub forums please change back <3

14-11-2006, 05:13 PM
-.- stop moaning... first of all people moan about the runescape section not being involved with the forum enough and now you're complaining about it expanding... just put up with it and hush.

It was nice that he asked us what we wanted but he didnt mention anything about a new category being made for it.

shenk.
14-11-2006, 05:14 PM
I prefered it with the sub-forums above

I can't look around this one as easily.

micky.blue.eyes
14-11-2006, 05:16 PM

I think it should be changed back aswell, it was very easy to navigate the way this forum used to be, now you have to click on habbox UK forum and scroll all the way down. =/

Ezzie.
14-11-2006, 05:16 PM
I prefered it with the sub-forums above

I can't look around this one as easily.

Hmm yeah come to think of it, it's quite irritating swapping etc.. but meh. Check my sig shenk lmao :P

Axel
14-11-2006, 05:19 PM
We didn't actually ask for it to be like this. We have to do more clicking now.

Ir1337?
14-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Old way was better and its the way we prefered i think it should get changed back :(

Micky! i love your Sig (pic) Lost behind scenes is on tomorrow at 9 on sky one (im sure its at 9) then it starts on sundayyyy YAY :D

Plank
14-11-2006, 05:36 PM
ye.. even tho i hate runescape, change it bk, coz with all these new forums i have to scroll all the way down to the outside habbo section..

Blue
14-11-2006, 05:37 PM
yeh i alos don't really like the cliciking. Stop the madness i say!!

Erin
14-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Blue my v.i.p hasnt come yet
did u realy send off for it or were you lieing
i dont mind if u were ill just make a new thread ?

Blue
14-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Blue my v.i.p hasnt come yet
did u realy send off for it or were you lieing
i dont mind if u were ill just make a new thread ?

soz for posting off topic slighty but i did send it off. I am quite annoyed as i have been charged for it aswell

edit: If it aint come by saturday ill send off for it again

Ashley 12344
14-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Plus, with old layout you could come on RS section, and see whether new posts had been made on Trading, Pking, Goals etc., whereas now you have to go through each one individually.

[Jay]
14-11-2006, 06:08 PM
I like the old layout better it was alot easier like evryone has been saying

Blue
14-11-2006, 06:13 PM
maybe if we had an option to change it like the forum skin then everyone would be happy

15-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Well spoke to A4AOwen about it and he said it wont be put back so I said everyone hates it and he said get them to PM him..Heres a link to his PM

http://habboxforum.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=1946

RSTurbo
15-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Well spoke to A4AOwen about it and he said it wont be put back so I said everyone hates it and he said get them to PM him..Heres a link to his PM

http://habboxforum.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=1946
I've PMed him about it.

Ezzie.
15-11-2006, 07:44 PM
nevermind. edited it

jake4568
15-11-2006, 07:46 PM
well hmm, its a little harder to naviagate

---MAD---
15-11-2006, 08:14 PM
We are standing by our decision so you will just need to get used to it. If you think about the pure essance thing over at rs, or the latest interface, so many hated it yet it stayed.

We are standing by our decision we have made so please just get used to it :).

Ir1337?
15-11-2006, 08:27 PM
So i thought habbox forums meant to do whats best for the members no that the members HATE?.. Also your comparing something like Habbox forum with hardly any members to a worldwide game with millions of registered users?...

Brody
15-11-2006, 08:32 PM
We are standing by our decision so you will just need to get used to it. If you think about the pure essance thing over at rs, or the latest interface, so many hated it yet it stayed.

im finding it hard to get used to it

---MAD---
15-11-2006, 08:34 PM
A lot of members like the update. You just need to get used to it, give it time :p.

Scriptermone
15-11-2006, 08:37 PM
I think everyone is tbh, we all hate it, so why don't you just change it back - or it may sound stupid - but some people may leave hxf entirely.

I don't see why they changed it in the first place tbh.

Ir1337?
15-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Yeh half of the point in hxf was it was so small and could navigate easily within the subforums etc. Since this crap update people will tend to use Official forums more since this crap update has made it alot more like Official Forums and Official forums has thousands more users than this forum.. So :\ Also RS Forums gets more responses etc..

15-11-2006, 09:14 PM
This section has been ruined, sent a PM to sierk. Instead of having what you want why not ask for others opinions? Like the people who use the RS section the most.

Samster
15-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Guys,we're talking about runescape here-Who cares? There's more to life then runescape,give mad a rest for god sake,you must be driving mad mad

Rashelly
15-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Guys,we're talking about runescape here-Who cares? There's more to life then runescape,give mad a rest for god sake,you must be driving mad mad
What a stupid comment...Of course people care about runescape, why else would they visit the forum? It's like asking "who cares about films?" In the movie section. People have the right to express an opinion, you have no right telling anyone to give it a rest.

I agree with this thread, the forum didn't need to be changed, and Mad, the people who "like it" are just kissing your bottom, God knows why.

---MAD---
16-11-2006, 10:15 AM
This was a decision by management not just myself. Most decisions are made by the management as a whole not just one person (usually).

RSTurbo
16-11-2006, 01:57 PM
A lot of members like the update. You just need to get used to it, give it time :p.
Dude, nobody likes it...Well, maybe you...

16-11-2006, 02:26 PM
This was a decision by management not just myself. Most decisions are made by the management as a whole not just one person (usually).

Yes but how many of the management use the runescape forums? Not alot..Still should of got the opinions of people who use the rs section. Just like the guide forum you added. =/

Catzsy
16-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Well it seems to me that when a new system is introduced then it should be
tested and evaluated to see if it needs some slight alteration.

It is obvious from the response here that a large proportion of the Runescape users and all 3 mods seem to think that something needs changing.

Is there not room for a compromise somewhere so that the users. mods and forum management would be happy with the new system. I'm sure somebody has an idea to make it easier to use without changing it drastically. :)

Dan
16-11-2006, 03:23 PM
I agree some change needs to be made to try and makes things easier to navigate whether this means changing it back with sub forums or using a completely new idea i dont know but its what the runescape forum users think that matters as they are the ones who actually use the forum

Youheard
16-11-2006, 03:41 PM

You are hardly a large company with an audience of over 200,000 players playing dailly, you're only a forum assistant on a habbo fan site forum, don't big yourself up.

On topic it's far more difficult to navigate and it doesn't only effect the runescape forum visitors either, like someone said above it affects all the forums below it not only that but no-one asked for it to be changed so there wasn't any reason to change it. Surely this many people should tell you that this change sucks and no-one likes it?

RSTurbo
16-11-2006, 04:38 PM

Adding to the top bit of what Youheard said; When the new Runescape Interface was introduced the main thing that people didn't like was the 'Run' option. It was too hard to click, so people complained about it and what did Jagex do?

Let me tell you, they made it easier for the users to use.

^That's all we're asking for, something that is easier to use. Also, why should we be treated more than the WoW and other RPG/MMORPG's forum? We may be popular but we never wanted our own section, makes us feel better that others, when we're all the same. We only really wanted an additional sub-forum where we can discuss the lates updates that's happened in Runescape, not a whole section to ourselves.

joshuar
16-11-2006, 04:49 PM
well if you dont like it you could do the following:
* close up all other catergorys so only runescape shows.

or
*treat the runescape catergory as a forum. so when you see the bit that says runescape on the catergory bar you just click on that and it looks like the old style forum.

if that made sense to anyone, ill do screenshots if you want.

RSTurbo
16-11-2006, 04:54 PM
well if you dont like it you could do the following:
* close up all other catergorys so only runescape shows.

or
*treat the runescape catergory as a forum. so when you see the bit that says runescape on the catergory bar you just click on that and it looks like the old style forum.

if that made sense to anyone, ill do screenshots if you want.
Some of us do like to post out of the Runescape section aswell.

joshuar
16-11-2006, 04:58 PM
well okay then just close off sections you dont like. i wasnt implying that you must only use the runescape section.

RSTurbo
16-11-2006, 05:02 PM
That's not going to change us having our own section..

Frank459
16-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Well, the runescape section should be in, other online games.

1) This is HABBOx. Not RUNESCAPEx.
2) Habbox is mainly Habbo-Related. Not Runescape.
3) Therefore it should be put back into the Other Online Games, Category.

Capish?

micky.blue.eyes
16-11-2006, 06:13 PM

I understand your point of view, but the runescape updates and this forum update is totally different.
Jagex has put a lot of time into creating the codes for pure essences, so why would they want to remove it? Yes, it's only a mather of installing back-ups, but the pure essence update was an update to prevent macroers of making lots of money by using programs.

We at the runescape forums had our little community, hidden between other smaller forums, now we have our own section, this is a big change, in this case a rather unwanted change.

Ir1337?
16-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Well it seems to me that when a new system is introduced then it should be
tested and evaluated to see if it needs some slight alteration.

It is obvious from the response here that a large proportion of the Runescape users and all 3 mods seem to think that something needs changing.

Is there not room for a compromise somewhere so that the users. mods and forum management would be happy with the new system. I'm sure somebody has an idea to make it easier to use without changing it drastically. :)

Simple.. Delete teh RuneScript sub section and put it back into Other games bit and have all them forums within Runescape SubForum.. like it used to be with Subforums with different things.

16-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Thanks for changing it sierk, Do you think the "Anything about runescape" forum can be put back as the main bit?

Frank459
16-11-2006, 09:32 PM
I dont like it like this now..

I want it changed back

:D

RSTurbo
16-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Thanks Sierk.

I dont like it like this now..

I want it changed back

You never use the forum o.0

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!