PDA

View Full Version : Christmas changing to 'Winterval'.

jackass
14-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Well I cannot be bothered to mention all the bloody stupid things going on, with people attacking christmas. But christmas is changing to 'Winterval', the christmas stamps won't be for sale anymore and adverts and stuff aren't allowed to include anything to do with Christmas decorations, or religious matters. Please discuss this here. :(

Samster
14-11-2006, 06:03 PM
What country is this?

Ostinato
14-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Well it's definetley not the UK because this years Christmas stamp design has already been annnounced and Christmas adverts and stuff are on non-stop already...

Samster
14-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Well it's definetley not the UK because this years Christmas stamp design has already been annnounced and Christmas adverts and stuff are on non-stop already...

Yep that's what I was thinking

jackass
14-11-2006, 06:31 PM

I don't think you read propely... They are allowed christmas adverts, but not with religious christmas themes. :)

Its in the UK yes. Its already been changed in birmingham. :(

clarissa !!
14-11-2006, 06:57 PM
err.. that can't be right.

That's tasty
14-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Proof- I want a reliable source.

clarissa !!
14-11-2006, 07:05 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winterval#Birmingham_controversy

http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,414554,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/210672.stm

dunno if theyre anything to do with it. cba to read soz.

summer
14-11-2006, 07:58 PM
this is very believeable with the state this country is in :/

-:Undertaker:-
14-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Birmingham is overun with Asias and Blacks most whom are Muslims.

Ive heard about this sort of stuff before happening in Birmingham and it's pathetic.

vibrant
14-11-2006, 08:00 PM
That's stupid.

stuff religion crap & what not.

Lol tom.

jackass
14-11-2006, 08:03 PM
I am bloody FED UP of muslims and other cultures, barging into england, which is a CHRISTIANIC country, wrecking all our celebrations and ruining it all. They get things like Diwali, let us have Christmas... If they don't like it, they should go back to THEIR country. :(

vibrant
14-11-2006, 08:07 PM
I am bloody FED UP of muslims and other cultures, barging into england, which is a CHRISTIANIC country, wrecking all our celebrations and ruining it all. They get things like Diwali, let us have Christmas... If they don't like it, they should go back to THEIR country. :(

I agree.

If they don't go back - we kill them ... or throw them in to jail.

Meaning the ones that have a problem with out christmas. Some foreigners are okay.

summer
14-11-2006, 08:08 PM
they're not the only problem, it's these stupid old white men who don't want to upset immigrants that come up with these ideas.

jackass
14-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Yep thanks for that. But it is really pi... peeing me off :(

nets
14-11-2006, 09:18 PM
I can guarantee you I wont be scratching Christmas out of my dictionary in a hurry. Political correctness can at times become tedious, there's too many people around who just aren't happy unless they're condemning something.

I agree.

If they don't go back - we kill them ... or throw them in to jail.

Meaning the ones that have a problem with out christmas. Some foreigners are okay.
Racism is disgusting, you're pathetic.

jackass
14-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Racism is disgusting, you're pathetic.

Its not racism? Its our country, not theirs.

nets
14-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Its not racism? Its our country, not theirs.
You really should go outside more, rather than sitting on your computer playing Habbo Hotel. Just because someone isn't a specific ethnicity or follow a specific religion doesn't mean they're not English.

vibrant
14-11-2006, 09:30 PM
whatever?????????

Leigh
14-11-2006, 09:40 PM
whatever?????????

hmm.. sounds to me like that somones stuck for a come-back on that one.
shame.

Nice thread..

I believe that just because the UK is classed as a Christian Country, doesnt mean to say that you have to be a christian. Me, being an Athiest, argues that everyone has a right to believe what they want.. It's when people get on a defensive about what they believe which stresses me out. It's like a Christian coming upto me and me going "WHY THE HELL DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD YOU STUPID IDIOT!" It's not practical.. everyone has a right to believe and celebrate what they want.

As for this Winterval thing.. i find it stupid. For a start, it will never take off. Just because it may end up being the potically correct term doesnt mean that people will call it that..
For instance the potically correct term for Fat is horizontally gifted.

Would you say that somone is horizontally gifted?

dirrty
14-11-2006, 09:44 PM

So when you go on holiday, do you only stay in a christianic country?
And others are christians yanno? Other places around the world which are other cultures are christians aswell.

No point blaming certain religions just because of something.
____
I think its stupid what is currently happening and changing name. Im still going to call it christmas.

brandon
14-11-2006, 09:46 PM
It will always be Christmas to me.

Herman
14-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Diwali isn't even a muslim holiday, it's a hindu holiday. :rolleyes: Anyway, what is it with you people and thinking that England is a christian country and will always be? That's silly, you find people of all lots of religion over in England. Everyone has their right to celebrate whatever they want, whatever happened to racial harmony? Goodness.

jackass
14-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Diwali isn't even a muslim holiday, it's a hindu holiday. :rolleyes: Anyway, what is it with you people and thinking that England is a christian country and will always be? That's silly, you find people of all lots of religion over in England. Everyone has their right to celebrate whatever they want, whatever happened to racial harmony? Goodness.

It IS a christian country. Well it won't be for long. And I never said Diwali is a muslim holiday.

Herman
14-11-2006, 09:51 PM
It IS a christian country. Well it won't be for long. And I never said Diwali is a muslim holiday.
It WAS. Things have changed, and people of all sorts of religion have moved in. Everyone has their right to celebrate what they want; muslims have no right to tell you to stop celebrating christmas and you have no right to tell them to stop celebrating eid; goes the same for every other religion whatsoever.

dirrty
14-11-2006, 09:54 PM

What have you got against other religions?

What makes it so hard for you to understand and deal with that we live in a MULTI-CULTURAL country?

If you dont like it, move someone else. But now-a-days, everywhere else is multi-cultural. Also, some people didnt choose to come to other countries. They were forced to during slavary so when that was abolished, they were here and formed their family.

Its that alright with you or do they have to ask your permission before they can settle in the uk?

Herman
14-11-2006, 09:58 PM
If you dont like it, move someone else.
Exactly.

Why don't you move out first since you think the people of other religions are trying to take over England? You always mention that they should move out, why don't you do it first? (to thread starter btw).

nets
14-11-2006, 10:02 PM
No-one's entitled to tell people what religious festivals they can and cannot celebrate. "Winterval" is just a absurd example of PC which is unlikely to ever be introduced, this thread should be closed TBH.

P.S. Sorry for whatever I posted prior to this if I offended anyone. Merry Winterval!

Leigh
14-11-2006, 10:06 PM
No-one's entitled to tell people what religious festivals they can and cannot celebrate. "Winterval" is just a absurd example of PC which is unlikely to ever be introduced, this thread should be closed TBH.

P.S. Sorry for whatever I posted prior to this if I offended anyone. Merry Winterval!
No, it shouldnt be closed.

People have a right to express there views <:]
these forums just happen to be a good way to view it.

Just because YOU dont think that "No-one's entitled to tell people what religious festivals they can and cannot celebrate" others might not.

Listen to others reactions and view points.

Everyone's entitled to there own conclusions on the matter =)

14-11-2006, 10:08 PM
England is a Christian country, if it wasn't then all the women would have to stay inside and wear veils.

Axel
14-11-2006, 10:08 PM
This is stupid, just because the other religions suddenly bombing places we can't even have a traditional christmas.

Church parking isn't free anymore because it's "unfair on the muslims".

So what? Christian country.

dirrty
14-11-2006, 10:16 PM
England is a Christian country, if it wasn't then all the women would have to stay inside and wear veils.
The women who wear veils, its their husbands choice for them to wear them. I think anyway. Thats what my RE teacher told me.

This is stupid, just because the other religions suddenly bombing places we can't even have a traditional christmas.

Church parking isn't free anymore because it's "unfair on the muslims".

So what? Christian country.

Where did you get that information from? What does the muslims have to do with Church parking?

Leigh
14-11-2006, 10:20 PM
No.. because that would be invasion of somones beliefs.

In that case, everyone should walk around with a cross on there neck and never have sex with somone unlesss there married to them? :)

hit-by-a-car
14-11-2006, 10:21 PM
WE MUST KILL ALL OTHER RELIGIONS WHO DONT BELIVE IN X-MAS AND THE BIRTH OF SANTA !:evil:

Leigh
14-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Totally stupid post.

You've just shown that your intelligence level is somewhere near the earth's core..

dirrty
14-11-2006, 10:23 PM
WE MUST KILL ALL OTHER RELIGIONS WHO DONT BELIVE IN X-MAS AND THE BIRTH OF SANTA !:evil:
Grow up?

Birth of santa?
JESUS YOU PLANK!

So much you know about your own religion.

Leigh
14-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Grow up?

Birth of santa?
JESUS YOU PLANK!

So much you know about your own religion.
in all fairness.. i think it was a pirss take.

dirrty
14-11-2006, 10:26 PM
in all fairness.. i think it was a pirss take.
True true.

Still made me feel better lmao

Axel
14-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Where did you get that information from? What does the muslims have to do with Church parking?

Because Mosque, Synanagogue, whatever they worship in, the parking for their place of worship isn't free, so they made church parking cost too to be fair.

14-11-2006, 10:32 PM
If Britain was a Muslim country then the women would have to wear veils.

Herman
14-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Because Mosque, Synanagogue, whatever they worship in, the parking for their place of worship isn't free, so they made church parking cost too to be fair.
I'm sure you wouldn't like it too if you found out that you had to pay to park at churches and the muslims don't have to pay to park at mosques.

Leigh
14-11-2006, 10:35 PM

Jesus, your god damn determined to get this point across arnt you?

And no, they wouldnt.
There's too many act's of parliment in place for equal rights.. freedom of speech.. which would defend it.

and britan will never become a Muslim country anyway.. so i dont even know why im discussing it..

dirrty
14-11-2006, 10:36 PM

Not all women choose to wear veils. Just their husbands want them to as other men dont need to see them. In Afghanistan, if a women doesnt wear a veil, she would be splashed with acid in her face.

hit-by-a-car
14-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Why do we allow such people to acess our beloved country, ive always said rule britina... and i was only joking and oh (72good rep only 1 bad) i feel very bad dont i.

14-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Jesus, your god damn determined to get this point across arnt you?

And no, they wouldnt.
There's too many act's of parliment in place for equal rights.. freedom of speech.. which would defend it.

and britan will never become a Muslim country anyway.. so i dont even know why im discussing it..

Yes they would, If Britain was a Muslim country then we wouldn't have the same laws protecting us, there'd be no act's of parliament defending women.

dirrty
14-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Why do we allow such people to acess our beloved country, ive always said rule britina... and i was only joking and oh (72good rep only 1 bad) i feel very bad dont i.
Wow 72 rep points is alot. Compared to others who are in the thousands. This aint the first your like boasting on your "high" rep points.

Well thats your opinion on things but how the world is now, your opinion wont change it so like yea.

We allow others to come into our country because not everyone in the government are like you who think only one race should live here.

Who cares? Multi-cultural is the best way because you get to learn from others about their religion and their beliefs. Just because you dont agree with them doesnt mean anything does it?

Yes they would, If Britain was a Muslim country then we wouldn't have the same laws protecting us, there'd be no act's of parliament defending women.

But were not a muslim country. We are a multi-cultural country :)

Leigh
14-11-2006, 10:48 PM

Could somone please correct me if i'm wrong, but arnt we offically a Christian Country?

Your intelligence on the matter would be greatly appreicated.

Many Thanks.

dirrty
14-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Could somone please correct me if i'm wrong, but arnt we offically a Christian Country?

Your intelligence on the matter would be greatly appreicated.

Many Thanks.
Yes we are but the people who reside in the UK now are not all Christians. There are many religions here now so thats why i said multi-cultural :)

nets
14-11-2006, 10:52 PM
No, it shouldnt be closed.

People have a right to express there views <:]
these forums just happen to be a good way to view it.

Just because YOU dont think that "No-one's entitled to tell people what religious festivals they can and cannot celebrate" others might not.

Listen to others reactions and view points.

Everyone's entitled to there own conclusions on the matter =)
Don't patronise me; I'm not one to make a statement haphazardly. The thread is pointless as "Winterval" (a merge of winter and festival), is a term used to describe several festivals around winter. It isn't a replacement for the word "Christmas", but a way for people speaking to several different cultures to address festivals around that time of year (without excluding people). I'm not going to use the term, and I doubt the majority of society will.

Anyhow, thanks for your conclusions on the matter.

Axel
14-11-2006, 10:53 PM
But this is a Christian Nation, we should get some benefits....

dirrty
14-11-2006, 10:55 PM
But this is a Christian Nation, we should get some benefits....
Benefits for being a christian nation?

What the hell?
Why would the government do that?
They will lose money!

Leigh
14-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Don't patronise me; I'm not one to make a statement haphazardly. The thread is pointless as "Winterval" (a merge of winter and festival), is a term used to describe several festivals around winter. It isn't a replacement for the word "Christmas", but a way for people speaking to several different cultures to address festivals around that time of year (without excluding people). I'm not going to use the term, and I doubt the majority of society will.

Anyhow, thanks for your conclusions on the matter.
Indeed so.. although there's still no reason why we should discuss it?
At least i dont see there to be.

Leigh
14-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Yes we are but the people who reside in the UK now are not all Christians. There are many religions here now so thats why i said multi-cultural :)
Ah, i understood what you meant.. just wanted somone to clear that up that's all.. for my personal use.

Cheers =)

FlyingJesus
14-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Yes we are officially a Christian country, but with a multi-cultural society.

I think this whole affair is disgusting to be honest. I'm not a Christian myself and I have respect for all faiths, but there is no reason that we shouldn't be allowed to have festivals with a Christian theme in a country that is predominantly Christian. Do the few people who move from Britain to countries of other religions riot and force them to remove religious imagery from their festivals? Of course not, and we shouldn't allow it here.

I won't claim stupid things like "all Muslims are a problem", but the Muslims who do get offended by Christian images should have thought of that before moving to a Christian country, or just put up with it. As I said, I'm not a Christian, but if you take away the Christian elements of Christmas then what does it become? Aside from the presents people like our winter holiday because of the phenomena of "the Christmas spirit", but if it's made to be simply a summer holiday in the cold then we lose a big part of our culture and heritage.

I'm not saying we should kick out all the Muslims, or stop them from having their festivals, but they shouldn't stop us from having ours. If I claimed that I found Muslim festivals offensive I'd be prosecuted for racism, it seems that these days the only people who have rights are minorities, and if you're a healthy, white, Christian male you can't speak out against anything without being locked up.

nets
14-11-2006, 10:58 PM
there's still no reason why we should discuss it?
Exactly. There's no reason for us to debate about something, which happens to be someone's misunderstanding of a word's denotation.

Axel
14-11-2006, 10:59 PM

I think this whole affair is disgusting to be honest. I'm not a Christian myself and I have respect for all faiths, but there is no reason that we shouldn't be allowed to have festivals with a Christian theme in a country that is predominantly Christian. Do the few people who move from Britain to countries of other religions riot and force them to remove religious imagery from their festivals? Of course not, and we shouldn't allow it here.

I won't claim stupid things like "all Muslims are a problem", but the Muslims who do get offended by Christian images should have thought of that before moving to a Christian country, or just put up with it. As I said, I'm not a Christian, but if you take away the Christian elements of Christmas then what does it become? Aside from the presents people like our winter holiday because of the phenomena of "the Christmas spirit", but if it's made to be simply a summer holiday in the cold then we lose a big part of our culture and heritage.

I'm not saying we should kick out all the Muslims, or stop them from having their festivals, but they shouldn't stop us from having ours. If I claimed that I found Muslim festivals offensive I'd be prosecuted for racism, it seems that these days the only people who have rights are minorities, and if you're a healthy, white, Christian male you can't speak out against anything without being locked up.

That sums up what I wanted to say. + rep.

jackass
15-11-2006, 11:16 AM

VERY well said! + Rep! :P

Samster
15-11-2006, 06:10 PM
tbh its OUR country,who gives two ****s whether they feel left out or not-It very much angers me

Josh-H
15-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Ok look, all you idiots against racism shut up, see what its doing to our country.

CHRISTMAS IS BEING CLASSED AS RACIST BECAUSE ITS LEAVING PEOPLE OUT.

If people feel left out, become a christian join in! Or *** off bak to their land where you can all drink rum and plan attacks! IM SORRY I KNOW IT AINT ALL OF THE ASIANS, But a large amount from an early age have it drilled intoi them that they should be against christianity!

Herman
15-11-2006, 07:06 PM
I KNOW IT AINT ALL OF THE ASIANS, But a large amount from an early age have it drilled intoi them that they should be against christianity!
And I'm sure there are christians out there as well who are against islam and would stay away from muslims just because they think muslims blow up everything, which is just silly. :rolleyes:

Janeisntpleased
15-11-2006, 07:08 PM
fcuk political correctness.

seriously. you can't even say 'baa baa blacksheep'

lame as.

Dan2nd
15-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Not may people know this but I am quite a religous person and yes I do think God is real and I'm not ashamed to admit that. Now lets be honest how many of us today think of the real story of christmas when we talk about it. How many of us think fo that awsome new DVD player mum promised us? I am sorry to say if we're not careful my religion in 5 - 10 years will be phased out and these silly ideas such as 'wintervill' or whatever and trying to keep our country politically correct isn't helping it. I do think all people should have equal rights thought and be treated with the same respect no matter what their religion is.

dirrty
15-11-2006, 07:29 PM
fcuk political correctness.

seriously. you can't even say 'baa baa blacksheep'

lame as.
How is it lame duh!

That song is what was sung to/about slaves.

Baa, baa, black sheep,
Have you any wool?
Yes sir, yes sir,
Three bags full.

One for the master,
One for the dame,
And one for the little boy
Who lives down the lane.

Baa, baa, black sheep,
Have you any wool?
Yes sir, yes sir,
Three bags full.

Master is the slaves, well master. That song is a racist song and that is why it has been changed.

Before you start stating things, make sure its backed up.

Dan2nd
15-11-2006, 07:30 PM
How is it lame duh!

Baa, baa, black sheep,
Have you any wool?
Yes sir, yes sir,
Three bags full.

One for the master,
One for the dame,
Who lives down the lane.

Baa, baa, black sheep,
Have you any wool?
Yes sir, yes sir,
Three bags full.

Master is the slaves, well master. That song is a racist song and that is why it has been changed.

I didn't know that+ rep

dirrty
15-11-2006, 07:34 PM
I didn't know that+ rep
Ty.
I cant remember where i heard that from but yea.

Dan2nd
15-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Ty.
I cant remember where i heard that from but yea.

Lol I just thought it was about some sheep lol

nets
15-11-2006, 09:49 PM

Where did you back your statement up? The nursery rhyme is telling a story of tax imposed by the king on wool, "Master" refers to the local Lord.

http://www.rhymes.org.uk/baa_baa_black_sheep.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baa%2C_Baa%2C_Black_Sheep_%28nursery_rhyme%29

Samster
15-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Where did you back your statement up? The nursery rhyme is telling a story of tax imposed by the king on wool, "Master" refers to the local Lord.

http://www.rhymes.org.uk/baa_baa_black_sheep.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baa%2C_Baa%2C_Black_Sheep_%28nursery_rhyme%29

you faked that quote, akem said it not the other guy

EDIT: Nevermind,you changed it

nets
15-11-2006, 09:55 PM
you faked that quote, akem said it not the other guy
I noticed that too, and edited it before you posted. I quoted Akem, but it came up under his name for some reason.

FlyingJesus
16-11-2006, 12:07 AM
*** off bak to their land where you can all drink rum and plan attacks!

Actually Muslims don't drink.. if you ever go somewhere like Saudi you aren't allowed any alcohol in the country.

How is it lame duh!

Baa, baa, black sheep,
Have you any wool?
Yes sir, yes sir,
Three bags full.

One for the master,
One for the dame,
Who lives down the lane.

Baa, baa, black sheep,
Have you any wool?
Yes sir, yes sir,
Three bags full.

As Joshua pointed out, you should make sure your sources are backed up before stating things ^_^ Bah Bah Black Sheep is in no way racist, it's about sheep. Even if there was a song about a black man, that wouldn't be racist unless it was derrogetory in some way. Pointing out a colour is not racism.

On the topic of racism, that brings me nicely back to the main topic of this thread. Surely it is racist of the Muslim communities to attempt to put a stop to Christian celebrations? Is the stoppage of religious symbolism not classed as racist just because it's the Christians who are being attacked?
I personally don't believe in the stories of Christianity, as I said previously, but this is in my opinion not just an attack on Christianity and its teachings, but also on British traditionalism, something for which I am proud of my country for. We are one of the last Western countries left with proper traditions, and they are being chipped away at at an alarming rate. There is no reason why a Muslim cannot simply ignore the religious symbolism on a simple Christmas stamp, especially when the very same people campaign so hard to be allowed their own religious artefacts and symbols on and around their persons.

NightSlayer
16-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Yah!!!! Dat what me thought too.

dirrty
16-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Actually Muslims don't drink.. if you ever go somewhere like Saudi you aren't allowed any alcohol in the country.

As Joshua pointed out, you should make sure your sources are backed up before stating things ^_^ Bah Bah Black Sheep is in no way racist, it's about sheep. Even if there was a song about a black man, that wouldn't be racist unless it was derrogetory in some way. Pointing out a colour is not racism.

On the topic of racism, that brings me nicely back to the main topic of this thread. Surely it is racist of the Muslim communities to attempt to put a stop to Christian celebrations? Is the stoppage of religious symbolism not classed as racist just because it's the Christians who are being attacked?
I personally don't believe in the stories of Christianity, as I said previously, but this is in my opinion not just an attack on Christianity and its teachings, but also on British traditionalism, something for which I am proud of my country for. We are one of the last Western countries left with proper traditions, and they are being chipped away at at an alarming rate. There is no reason why a Muslim cannot simply ignore the religious symbolism on a simple Christmas stamp, especially when the very same people campaign so hard to be allowed their own religious artefacts and symbols on and around their persons.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20454289-5000116,00.html

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061004032216AAw5u8J .

Scroll down or CTRL F and put in racist or black sheep.

That backs up my post tyvm.

This is a good one. Check this one out.
http://cutelyrugged14.blogster.com/bah_bah_rainbow_sheep.html

Danny
16-11-2006, 06:38 PM
:rolleyes: why do these people find EVERYTHING insulting. What's so bad about Christmas? We celebrate Christmas, they can celebrate what ever they celebrate at Christmas. What's the problem? There's nothing racist about it.. Oh wait the snowmen are WHITE. :rolleyes:

FlyingJesus
16-11-2006, 07:06 PM
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20454289-5000116,00.html

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061004032216AAw5u8J .

Scroll down or CTRL F and put in racist or black sheep.

That backs up my post tyvm.

This is a good one. Check this one out.
http://cutelyrugged14.blogster.com/bah_bah_rainbow_sheep.html

Umm.. those sites all oppose what you were saying about slavery, they all claim that there is no racism in Bah Bah Black Sheep whatsoever. That last one actually says

"Never mind, as scholars have been explaining throughout this recent PC flap in England, that the black sheep in question have nothing at all to do with race. The nursery rhyme, written in 1744, refers instead to the fact that black wool, which could not be dyed into other colors, was taxed at a lower rate by the king than white wool."

Sorry, I'm aware that has nothing to do with the whole Christmas thing, just thought I'd make clearer the point that PC (especially in regards to racism) has been blown way out of proportion.

Rizla
16-11-2006, 07:51 PM
FlyingJesus has said everything I want to say, but I'll say some stuff anyway.

It doesn't matter what they try and do, nobody will say Winterval. Political correctness in this country is ridiculous, and since I'm off out in about 2 minutes I haven't got the time to get into it, all that I can say is, don't be scared to say any of this in real life, whoever is around, as that's the main cause of all this bullsh*t - People are worried about offending someone else.

hit-by-a-car
16-11-2006, 07:53 PM
They celebrate there belifes why dont we just say! Hay your belifes are racist!, yep that oughta sht em up lol.

jackass
16-11-2006, 08:54 PM
They celebrate there belifes why dont we just say! Hay your belifes are racist!, yep that oughta sht em up lol.

Learn how to spell.
But If you wrote what I think you wrote, I agree, because that is what I said before :)

Starburst..x
17-11-2006, 06:09 PM
This annoys me, why not show religious stuff in our adverts. I'm not a particually religious person, but banning any sort of link to christianity/catholic is pathetic.
Its Britain most people are Christian or Catholic.
I really don't see how people can be offended?
Every other religion seems to be able to make a big thing out of their celebrations why can't we??!!, we're not being racist, we're celebrating a holiday, the same way as every other religion does.

Plank
17-11-2006, 06:19 PM
like anyones gonna stop using the word christmas? i thought england was a christian country or something, and i dont think christians would want the word changed.. whatever they do, ill still use the word christmas, and i doubt it will happen anyway..

Lubricant
17-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Bah. I hate christmas. It's cold, depressing and boring. I like the name Winterval.

simon305
17-11-2006, 11:49 PM
i love in grand old gibby with the rock monkeys :) i love my country and christmas is safe here, all the fake snowdust has been set out and everything

18-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Wow 72 rep points is alot. Compared to others who are in the thousands. This aint the first your like boasting on your "high" rep points.

Well thats your opinion on things but how the world is now, your opinion wont change it so like yea.

We allow others to come into our country because not everyone in the government are like you who think only one race should live here.

Who cares? Multi-cultural is the best way because you get to learn from others about their religion and their beliefs. Just because you dont agree with them doesnt mean anything does it?

I said if we were a Muslim country not we are a muslim country :)

In my opinion Multicultralism doesn't really work, EG Last year in France there were riots.

And to the people who come to this country and complain about Christmas can get the hell out !

RedStratocas
18-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Winterval?! OMG CHRISTMAS IS RUINED

Im a huge anti-censorship freak, but seriously, deal with it. It doesnt mean anything, its only certain people's insecurities. They arent attacking christmas. Attacking Christmas would sound like this: "CHRISTMAS IS THE EVILEST DAY ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET!".

Is Christmas cancelled? Are they taking away people's religious rights? No, theyre just trying to be politically correct.

Guess what people?! There's more than 1 holiday in December! (OMG REALLY?) YES. Check out a calender. Thats why people say happy holidays. People would say Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Quanza, and a happy New Year, but people have THINGS TO DO.

T0M
18-11-2006, 01:36 AM
thats not fair :(

-Wolverine
18-11-2006, 02:33 AM
It's ruining tradition.. how would the Muslims or any religion like it if we called Ramadan or for the Jewish people Hanukkah something else to be 'politically correct' ?

Christmas is about celebrating the coming of Christ not just something to do with Winter. Christmas is so commercialized now, it's crazy. At least here they haven't done something, but I have no idea why they've done it in the UK "/

RedStratocas
18-11-2006, 03:06 AM
It's ruining tradition.. how would the Muslims or any religion like it if we called Ramadan or for the Jewish people Hanukkah something else to be 'politically correct' ?

Christmas is about celebrating the coming of Christ not just something to do with Winter. Christmas is so commercialized now, it's crazy. At least here they haven't done something, but I have no idea why they've done it in the UK "/

Thats different, because this isnt another religion changing it. These are christians trying to be politically correct.

And is this 'Winterval' celebrated exactly like christmas is?

-Wolverine
18-11-2006, 03:28 AM
Thats different, because this isnt another religion changing it. These are christians trying to be politically correct.

And is this 'Winterval' celebrated exactly like christmas is?
Well if it's Christians trying to change it to be politically correct, their not true Christians. It's the coming of Christ we're celebrating, not just all the gifts we get and the holidays.

And Winterval is celebrated like Christmas, but it ruins the complete tradition of it being 'Christmas'. Christmas, is when Jesus came to the Earth, but now it's just gift-giving and holidays. The name shouldn't be changed to 'Winterval' in my opinion, it should just be kept as Christmas.

FlyingJesus
18-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Winterval is the name they want to give to the winter holiday season, making it non-religious. I'm not religious as I've said previously, but Christmas is much-loved tradition that we shouldn't have to change just to suit a minority. If we take up the view that all minority decisions should become reality then no-one will be allowed to do anything, as there's always someone who doesn't like it.

Take for example the fact that so many hundreds of thousands of Brits nowadays would like to see a stop to immigration and a start to deportation (as proved by the increasing number of votes won by UKIP and to a lesser extent the BNP). I'm all for that myself, but I'm sure not everyone is, and so it doesn't happen. So why should a view expressed by a small percentage of a minority faction be put into motion?

jackass
18-11-2006, 12:58 PM
The thing is. Christians always get everything worse off, all other religions and holidays and things get to keep them exactly the same. Yet for us we have to change everything to suit them, even though THEY don't even celebrate it! Quite frankly its pathetic.

This matter can change into other topics as well. For example if a white man killed a black man they would say on the news "It was a racist attack". Yet if a black man killed a white man, it would just be something normal. :rolleyes:

FlyingJesus
18-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Precisely. A white, Christian/Agnostic/Atheist male of good mental and physical health has no rights any more. We can be attacked but heaven help us if we even open our mouths to speak on the topic of anyone in a non-PC way.

sim
18-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Religion should be pratised in your own home, not fored against other people, therefore I feel that it is correct to move Christmas away from its religious roots because we are NO LONGER A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY.
That is officicial and if you dislike it, I am affraid you will have to lump it.

RedStratocas
18-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Well if it's Christians trying to change it to be politically correct, their not true Christians. It's the coming of Christ we're celebrating, not just all the gifts we get and the holidays.

And Winterval is celebrated like Christmas, but it ruins the complete tradition of it being 'Christmas'. Christmas, is when Jesus came to the Earth, but now it's just gift-giving and holidays. The name shouldn't be changed to 'Winterval' in my opinion, it should just be kept as Christmas.

Wait, so are you mad about the gift giving or the name? Because the two are no where near related.

-Wolverine
18-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Religion should be pratised in your own home, not fored against other people, therefore I feel that it is correct to move Christmas away from its religious roots because we are NO LONGER A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY.
That is officicial and if you dislike it, I am affraid you will have to lump it.
Well then, what about Hanukkah? It's a Jewish tradition, and always has been, but since we aren't a Jewish country either, might as well change the name of that too to be 'Politically correct'

Wait, so are you mad about the gift giving or the name? Because the two are no where near related.
Name.

RedStratocas
18-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Well then, what about Hanukkah? It's a Jewish tradition, and always has been, but since we aren't a Jewish country either, might as well change the name of that too to be 'Politically correct'

Name.

Whats it matter what other people call it? Seriously, how does it affect you? Take your own advise, and dont celibrate 'Winterval' and celibrate christmas. Everyone says 'OMG why cant the minorities just leave christmas alone and just not celebrate it?!?!'. Well why dont YOU not celebrate Winterval?

Christians always get everything worse off

That one line makes everything else you said void.

Yeah, Im sure 1/3rd of all the people in the world are worse off, mmmhm. Makes so much sense. Isreal gets attacked left and right. Half the planet believes every muslim is a terrorist. But changing the name of Christmas?! Dear god, you poor things.

sim
19-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Hunnakah isn't as wide spread celebrated by everyone and isn't in your face on tv adverts etc. Its different.

jackass
20-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah, Im sure 1/3rd of all the people in the world are worse off, mmmhm. Makes so much sense. Isreal gets attacked left and right. Half the planet believes every muslim is a terrorist. But changing the name of Christmas?! Dear god, you poor things.

I didn't mean it like that. I meant it to do with rights like I said in that post.

bum
20-11-2006, 04:27 PM
I live near Birmingham, lights have already been put up saying " seasons greetings Wolverhampton" It used to be Merry Christmas but Religous councilers decided to change it after 17 muslims/sikh/hindu's complained about being too much Christmas celebrations and nothing for their festivals which i think is a pathetic excuse.
Not being racist but this was and is supposed to be a protestant country? Protestants who celebrate Christmas!! Not diwali, eid etc. But about it being changed to winterval; i've heard nothing of this.

jackass
20-11-2006, 04:41 PM
I live near Birmingham, lights have already been put up saying " seasons greetings Wolverhampton" It used to be Merry Christmas but Religous councilers decided to change it after 17 muslims/sikh/hindu's complained about being too much Christmas celebrations and nothing for their festivals which i think is a pathetic excuse.
Not being racist but this was and is supposed to be a protestant country? Protestants who celebrate Christmas!! Not diwali, eid etc.

Already been said, but thanks anyway. I live in wolverhampton as well! Well Perton =]

cocaine
22-11-2006, 05:16 PM
They come our country, live on benifits, basically living on our money.

And now they expect us to change OUR religious beliefs because of them?

jackass
22-11-2006, 06:38 PM

Well said, I couldn't think of a better way to put it! :)
BTW; Is your avatar and sig MEANT to be blank?

RedStratocas
22-11-2006, 10:49 PM
I didn't mean it like that. I meant it to do with rights like I said in that post.

What rights are being taken away from you?

Mentor
23-11-2006, 12:00 AM
Winterval... First off thats the stupidist name ive ever heard, *** is winterval? couldnt they have come up with something a little better?

More on topic, the whole issue is stupid. Most Muslims have no problem with christmas, most of them even celibrate it (family/presents) aspects, The Religious connotaions are an exstra, those who are religious are free to do. Im not one of them, i might add.

The Real issue here is that it is NOT muslims asking for this, No its actualy White Male Christans whom are trying to be policaly correct and telling people that they want this and the other, without actualy checking to find out if anyone does.

People have many belifes, what makes briatin free, is that EVERYONE has the right, to celibrate, talk about and practis what ever they like in that respect, from Id al-Fitr to christmas (both are actualy quite simlar in many respects except for the religion its assosiated with). Thats What i think the essents of britain is, Thats what multriculturlsim is.

Nowdays this freedom is slowly seeping away, Mostly becuse of ignorace, and a litral Fear of race related issues, Public figures are to scared to make any issues today that they could lead to them beening accused of being racist. Take the comments on the vails by jack straw, he was attacked by a media frenzy.
But who had the problem with it? A very small number of People with very little idea what there talking about for the most part. One responce to the issue, that i found VERY engligtening is as follows

The so called Muslim groups who are raving over Jack Straw ‘s decision to politely ask Muslim women wearing a nikab(the veil covering the face)to unveil are ignorant of the fundamental tenets of true Islam. Some Islamic psychos and schizos just like picking quarrels at the slightest hint of any Western criticism of their erroneous practices of Islam.

Aisha bint Talha the sweetheart of Prophet Muhammad even went out without a veil!

Beyond the Near East, the practice of hiding one's face and largely living in seclusion appeared in classical Greece, in the Byzantine Christian world, in Persia, and in India among upper caste Rajput women. Muslims in their first century at first were relaxed about female dress. When the son of a prominent companion of the Prophet asked his wife Aisha bint Talha to veil her face, she answered, "Since the Almighty hath put on me the stamp of beauty, it is my wish that the public should view the beauty and thereby recognized His grace unto them. On no account, therefore, will I veil myself."
The Source

"Since the Almighty hath put on me the stamp of beauty, it is my wish that the public should view the beauty and thereby recognized His grace unto them. On no account, therefore, will I veil myself," said Aisha bint Talha.

This adds some previosly unknown context to the issue does it not?

Due to this fear in socilety now days, Theres a pretty much BAN anything that could possible be construed as offencive to any person imagainable.
A proof of how bad this is, is in the fact that its actualy impolicatly correct to use the term "policaly correct"...

Christmas, and any other festival, celibration or what ever SHOULD be allowed. Freedom is something i hold as VERY important. These sorts of moves do nothing to help it "/

-Wolverine
23-11-2006, 12:09 AM
Winterval... First off thats the stupidist name ive ever heard, *** is winterval? couldnt they have come up with something a little better?

More on topic, the whole issue is stupid. Most Muslims have no problem with christmas, most of them even celibrate it (family/presents) aspects, The Religious connotaions are an exstra, those who are religious are free to do. Im not one of them, i might add.

The Real issue here is that it is NOT muslims asking for this, No its actualy White Male Christans whom are trying to be policaly correct and telling people that they want this and the other, without actualy checking to find out if anyone does.

People have many belifes, what makes briatin free, is that EVERYONE has the right, to celibrate, talk about and practis what ever they like in that respect, from Id al-Fitr to christmas (both are actualy quite simlar in many respects except for the religion its assosiated with). Thats What i think the essents of britain is, Thats what multriculturlsim is.

Nowdays this freedom is slowly seeping away, Mostly becuse of ignorace, and a litral Fear of race related issues, Public figures are to scared to make any issues today that they could lead to them beening accused of being racist. Take the comments on the vails by jack straw, he was attacked by a media frenzy.
But who had the problem with it? A very small number of People with very little idea what there talking about for the most part. One responce to the issue, that i found VERY engligtening is as follows

Due to this fear in socilety now days, Theres a pretty much BAN anything that could possible be construed as offencive to any person imagainable.
A proof of how bad this is, is in the fact that its actualy impolicatly correct to use the term "policaly correct"...

Christmas, and any other festival, celibration or what ever SHOULD be allowed. Freedom is something i hold as VERY important. These sorts of moves do nothing to help it "/
This is what I was trying to say RedStratocas, I couldn't really come up with the words for it lol :P.. thanks Mentor. ;)

Mentor
23-11-2006, 12:16 AM

No, more accurately, they come to out Country, Make up the numbers of docters and other profeconals we so despertly need and contribute around 3.6 Billion to are econemy.

Then you blame the entire community based on the actions of a few fundamentalists, ignoring fasts such as there are Most Christan Terrorists than muslim ones in the world.

You see, the real world is a little differnt the whats in BNP's manifesto...

RedStratocas
23-11-2006, 03:12 AM

Agreed. I am not mad at the muslims who caused this as much as I am the christians who allowed it. One ban on something that a group of people finds offencive, leads to other things being banned.

Entor makes everything clear

Herman
23-11-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm just saying this. Over here in singapore, we have people of all sorts of religions, muslims, christians, buddhists, hindus and much more, and people of all sorts of races. We have been taught since young to respect and accept other people's culture and beliefs.

We have been living in peace for many years. When christmas decorations are being put up in public places, the people of other religions don't complain. When eid decorations are being put up, the people of other religions don't complain either. It goes the same for diwali, chinese new year, etc.

During the religious celebrations, the people even invite others of a different religion to come celebrate with them. I've seen christians celebrating eid with muslims, muslims celebrating christmas with their christian friends etc. If we can do it, why can't you? I'm just saying this, not trying to find an argument or whatever.

:Hazel
23-11-2006, 03:04 PM
All I can say is what is the world coming to? Bloody wintervel. :rolleyes:

Zuar
23-11-2006, 04:10 PM

I strongly agree.
They all reckon there great,
and they come to our schools,
wear head dresses etc,
who do they think they are,
and if we wear a cap,
we get told off,
we should just kill them all,
if tony blair would just get off his ***,
also if some of the old kings and queens of the UK,
was around now it would be great !
But if they knew about what was happening,
they would flip,
and giving the british empire back was another bad thing.

Enough said.

RedStratocas
23-11-2006, 05:21 PM

Christmas's name has been changed? GET THE GUN! Those very few people in the world are trying to be politically correct, and are trying to change something that has no meaning, and not effect on you at all! They deserve to die!

Oh yeah, because we all know how equal and happy everyone was for all of time in england, right?

deltateamaplha
23-11-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm outraged at this! I for one am a Christian and Chritmas is a very important date for Christians. I would not like to call Christianity a Religion because it's a friendship. Anyway back to the point ! How dare they do this! They can't change it to Winterval THEY CAN'T change the day Jesus was born. Pffft they will never take the meaning of it away. It's just politics trying to make everything politically correct! Soon there will be no easter, all Celebrations and festivails will have different names so no one will get offended. I mean do me grunt and moan and try to get Muslims to rename Eid? eh I did'nt think so thats my point made!

Mentor
23-11-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm just saying this. Over here in singapore, we have people of all sorts of religions, muslims, christians, buddhists, hindus and much more, and people of all sorts of races. We have been taught since young to respect and accept other people's culture and beliefs.

We have been living in peace for many years. When christmas decorations are being put up in public places, the people of other religions don't complain. When eid decorations are being put up, the people of other religions don't complain either. It goes the same for diwali, chinese new year, etc.

During the religious celebrations, the people even invite others of a different religion to come celebrate with them. I've seen christians celebrating eid with muslims, muslims celebrating christmas with their Christian friends etc. If we can do it, why can't you? I'm just saying this, not trying to find an argument or whatever.
On this i do completely agree with you, but the problem remains that people in england including polatitions are phobic of any religion related discussion. Hence They make stupid rash desisons when theres even a hint that an issue may exist. In my exsperince what you have described does happen over here, im as happy to join in with any religuous festival, and so are most the people i know, reguadless of belifes or religions "/ Personly i attach no more value to christan holidays than any other, its simply the matter that since more people celerbrate some than others, i join in with them. The actual celibrations usealy have around ZERO to do with the religions anyway much of the time, insted simply about good values, friends family, exchangeing gifts etc "/

I strongly agree.
They all reckon there great,
and they come to our schools,
wear head dresses etc,
who do they think they are,
and if we wear a cap,
we get told off,
if tony blair would just get off his ***,
But if they knew about what was happening,
they would flip,
and giving the british empire back was another bad thing.

Enough said.
You know, i considered exsplaining to you how stupid and idiotic what you just said was, but thinking about it, its quite plainly obvious from this you'd be to stupid and idiotic to understand what i would say anyway, so i decided not to bother.

I'm outraged at this! I for one am a Christian and Chritmas is a very important date for Christians. I would not like to call Christianity a Religion because it's a friendship.
Nooo christanty is a religion, it fits the definition perfectly.

Anyway back to the point ! How dare they do this! They can't change it to Winterval THEY CAN'T change the day Jesus was born.

lol, your aware they move the date of "christmas" over a month to co-enside with the already existing and established pagan mid-winter festival, from which nearly all of the custsom come right? They moved jesus's brithdate to start with just so people would be more happy to convert. the figure known as Jesus was actualy born in late january i belive...

Pffft they will never take the meaning of it away. It's just politics trying to make everything politically correct! Soon there will be no easter, all Celebrations and festivails will have different names so no one will get offended. I mean do me grunt and moan and try to get Muslims to rename Eid? eh I did'nt think so thats my point made!
Before this thread did you even know what Eid was? becuse i mentioned it once and now everyones useing it as there exsample?
Plus no ones been told they cant call it christmas, there just not allowed to advertise it, When was the last advert for Eid you say may i ask??

deltateamaplha
23-11-2006, 10:59 PM
On this i do completely agree with you, but the problem remains that people in england including polatitions are phobic of any religion related discussion. Hence They make stupid rash desisons when theres even a hint that an issue may exist. In my exsperince what you have described does happen over here, im as happy to join in with any religuous festival, and so are most the people i know, reguadless of belifes or religions "/ Personly i attach no more value to christan holidays than any other, its simply the matter that since more people celerbrate some than others, i join in with them. The actual celibrations usealy have around ZERO to do with the religions anyway much of the time, insted simply about good values, friends family, exchangeing gifts etc "/

You know, i considered exsplaining to you how stupid and idiotic what you just said was, but thinking about it, its quite plainly obvious from this you'd be to stupid and idiotic to understand what i would say anyway, so i decided not to bother.

Nooo christanty is a religion, it fits the definition perfectly.

lol, your aware they move the date of "christmas" over a month to co-enside with the already existing and established pagan mid-winter festival, from which nearly all of the custsom come right? They moved jesus's brithdate to start with just so people would be more happy to convert. the figure known as Jesus was actualy born in late january i belive...

Before this thread did you even know what Eid was? becuse i mentioned it once and now everyones useing it as there exsample?
Plus no ones been told they cant call it christmas, there just not allowed to advertise it, When was the last advert for Eid you say may i ask??
One I see it as a friendship!
Two Don't try and be a smart so and so it's the day we see that Jesus was born
Three I am very well educated Eid and I was not on about advertisments I was on about how we don't try and change the name of Eid.

Gezzz
xxxlove

Mentor
23-11-2006, 11:06 PM
One I see it as a friendship! Well even you said religion first, plus how you see it doesnt really effect how it is

Two Don't try and be a smart so and so it's the day we see that Jesus was born Well, dispite your belife, this part is actualy documented history, so no its not, Even without the move to coenside with the pagen festival, it would still be out a few weeks due to changes and reworks in the calender system used (noted the creator of the chirstan calender was actually roman and belived in the romans gods) "/ and im not being smart, im simply stateing the reality. I personly disagree with the whole "ignorance is bliss", idea but, its your choice.

Three I am very well educated Eid and I was not on about advertisments I was on about how we don't try and change the name of Eid.

Gezzz
xxxlove
Well the winterval change is really only about the advertisment, i suggest reading the thread.

deltateamaplha
24-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Well even you said religion first, plus how you see it doesnt really effect how it is

Well, dispite your belife, this part is actualy documented history, so no its not, Even without the move to coenside with the pagen festival, it would still be out a few weeks due to changes and reworks in the calender system used (noted the creator of the chirstan calender was actually roman and belived in the romans gods) "/ and im not being smart, im simply stateing the reality. I personly disagree with the whole "ignorance is bliss", idea but, its your choice.

Well the winterval change is really only about the advertisment, i suggest reading the thread.

Well I suggest to you that I have read the thread and that I was stating what I thought.
So I suggest you stop trying make people look stuipid and :)
Godbless
x

Chease
24-11-2006, 06:30 PM
Merry Winterval! :l

Herman
24-11-2006, 07:03 PM
I would not like to call Christianity a Religion because it's a friendship.
Why do you think it's a friendship?

THEY CAN'T change the day Jesus was born. Pffft they will never take the meaning of it away.
I was told by my christian friend that the 25th of december is not Jesus' real birthday, according to Christianity. Entor is right. Do you even know your own religion tbh? If not why flame other religions?

RedStratocas
24-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Christmas technically never was about the birth of Christ, but ignorant people just assumed it, now thats what everyone believes. Its a historical fact that Jesus was born in spring.

deltateamaplha
24-11-2006, 09:23 PM
ah the answer to the friendship question is that we treat god like our father / friend and we build an intimate friendship with him.

.:TeamAmerica:.
24-11-2006, 09:46 PM
I think it will probably be different adverts et.c for different regions.

RedStratocas
25-11-2006, 03:14 AM
ah the answer to the friendship question is that we treat god like our father / friend and we build an intimate friendship with him.

Or as most people say, you worship him. Thus religion.

GommeInc
25-11-2006, 10:41 AM
I'm always going to call it Christmas, regardless to whether or not the paranoid politicians who are the only ones concerned with the name, change it or not. It was on the news not long ago, they brought on a Muslim student talking on behalf of a Muslim Youth Society who was for Christmas, not against it, and every Muslim in her group was for Christmas. They also brought on a vicar who wants it to remain Christmas and she liked it that other faiths were for Christmas. The two guests were getting on like friends, no matter what relgion they were apart of...

If anyone is against Christmas, it is the paranoid people behind the name Winterval. Paranoid because they think a war or riot will start over the name of a festival/event which is the main event in this countries main religion.

jackass
25-11-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm always going to call it Christmas

Same, no matter, even if it becomes illegal, which is more likely than it sounds with these paranoid people, I will still and always call it Christmas, because that IS what it is.

uh huh her
25-11-2006, 02:20 PM
tbh i couldn't really give a **** if they name christmas some different, cos it'll still be christmas to me. what i do give a **** about what some people have said in this thread. have you got no ******* respect for other peoples beliefs & views? england isn't only for ******* chritians, its a MULTI-CULTURAL county. so, the majority of people may be christians, but it doesn't mean that if someone who is muslim or hindu moves here, they aren't allowed to celebrate they're own religious traditions because england is a 'christian nation'. what utter ********.

Christmas technically never was about the birth of Christ, but ignorant people just assumed it, now thats what everyone believes. Its a historical fact that Jesus was born in spring.
exactly. it has no real religious meaning anyway, people just assumed it.
& to those who said that people who aren't from england should 'go back home', are you going to live in england all your life? i certainly don't want to, its full of ******* idiots who can't respect other peoples views, no wonder the worlds a **** place. seriously, england is a piece of land, its not your country, its not anyones country.

mangle
25-11-2006, 02:22 PM
tbh i couldn't really give a **** if they name christmas some different, cos it'll still be christmas to me. what i do give a **** about what some people have said in this thread. have you got no ******* respect for other peoples beliefs & views? england isn't only for ******* chritians, its a MULTI-CULTURAL county. so, the majority of people may be christians, but it doesn't mean that if someone who is muslim or hindu moves here, they aren't allowed to celebrate they're own religious traditions because england is a 'christian nation'. what utter ********.

& to those who said that people who aren't from england should 'go back home', are you going to live in england all your life? i certainly don't want to, its full of ******* idiots who can't respect other peoples views, no wonder the worlds a **** place. seriously, england is a piece of land, its not your country, its not anyones country.

I couldnt agree more Ami <3
Its multi-cultural fgs ;|

Plank
25-11-2006, 03:04 PM
i doubt they will even change it

Mentor
25-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Well I suggest to you that I have read the thread and that I was stating what I thought.
So I suggest you stop trying make people look stuipid and :)
Godbless
x
In your case no trying is nessassary. Most christans even accept most of what ive said as true, the same way they accept the genisis story isnt true, well unless you do belive the world is flat, and the sky is made of water?

Herman
25-11-2006, 03:46 PM

Very well said, +rep.

jackass
25-11-2006, 04:28 PM
i doubt they will even change it

Erm... They already have?

Janeisntpleased
25-11-2006, 10:03 PM
How is it lame duh!

Baa, baa, black sheep,
Have you any wool?
Yes sir, yes sir,
Three bags full.

One for the master,
One for the dame,
Who lives down the lane.

Baa, baa, black sheep,
Have you any wool?
Yes sir, yes sir,
Three bags full.

and where is your evidence? hypocrite much? and actually, you're still wrong.

"This song was written to help children associate wool with the animal that produces it, and also the sound that a sheep would make. Baa Baa Black Sheep was first published in 1744 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1744). It probably dates back to the Middle Ages, possibly to the 13th Century, and relates to a tax imposed by the king on wool. One-third went to the local lord (the 'master'), one-third to the church (referred to as the 'dame') and about a third was for the farmer (the 'little boy who lives down the lane')."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baa&#37;2C_Baa%2C_Black_Sheep_%28nursery_rhyme%29

so next time you state things, try not to get it horribly wrong and make a fool out of yourself.

deltateamaplha
26-11-2006, 09:15 PM
In your case no trying is nessassary. Most christans even accept most of what ive said as true, the same way they accept the genisis story isnt true, well unless you do belive the world is flat, and the sky is made of water?

That would have been a Libral Chrsitian who thinks Genisis is not true. I believe in it word by word =] your either luke warm for god or hot it says in the Bible and god only wants you to be hot for him. So go the full way .

sim
02-12-2006, 07:55 PM
'Coming to our country and stealing our jobs. AMAGADZ.'

Get some proof. First off there is proof that those who imigrate from other countries tend to:
a) Do the jobs you dont want to do.
b) Do the jobs that need doing.
c) Make a damm good effort of it.

So how the hell are these people who come other to UK for a better life were they can get a job leeching off the state? They are not they are contributing to our thriving economy. Without them so many bad things would happen. The worst of all:
THE DOWNFALL OF THE NHS

Mentor
02-12-2006, 08:28 PM
That would have been a Libral Chrsitian who thinks Genisis is not true. I believe in it word by word =] your either luke warm for god or hot it says in the Bible and god only wants you to be hot for him. So go the full way .

Oh so you think the world is flat? Strange how i know people whove taken round the world trips, also strange how ive flown in plains yet the sky doesnt seem to be water, also strange how god created light before the sun "/ Maybe strange how god wasnt the only thing in the begining, in genisis water is already there "/

ps. *Agrees with Simeon*

Plank
02-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Erm... They already have?
sorry to bring this back up, but they havnt exactly 'changed' it.
there are still christmas decorations and the word christmas on adverts, there are still christmas things on stamps, and on this forum is the first ive heard about it, hardly anyone else knows, the government cant exactly change it, its like impossible to do it, no one will use the word winterval. it would be on the news or something, the only place ive seen this news is on here

brandon
02-12-2006, 08:45 PM
sorry to bring this back up, but they havnt exactly 'changed' it.
there are still christmas decorations and the word christmas on adverts, there are still christmas things on stamps, and on this forum is the first ive heard about it, hardly anyone else knows, the government cant exactly change it, its like impossible to do it, no one will use the word winterval. it would be on the news or something, the only place ive seen this news is on here
Yeah, I've never heard the word Winterval said, anywhere other than this thread.

Plank
02-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I've never heard the word Winterval said, anywhere other than this thread.
exactly, i think this thread is a load of crap tbh
e.g just now on the asda advert 'so here it is merry christmas'
they arent gonna change it to winterval are they? can you imagine it, 'we wish you a merry winterval, we wish your a merry winterval' LOL

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!