PDA

View Full Version : {Opinion Thread} Nintendo Wii

From First To Last
14-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Yes, yet another thread about this. Well anyway, the people who say "Nintendo Wii is not serious" or "is for little kids" are just saying this because you are alot more active like younger people because you actually move while you play (Moving your thumbs on a PS3 or 360 controller doesnt count as movement). I myself am quite a fan of playstation, but i strongly believe Wii will be a huge hit and isn't just for little kids, i've already pre-ordered mine for christmas.

Who Doesnt belive the things people say things like "Nintendo Wii is not serious" and why? Who, on the other hand does belive this and why?

OPINIONS

Bear-Max
14-11-2006, 08:19 PM
I don't agree. The only reason the Wii is "for kids" is because most gamers are far too testosterone-pumped to think that anything with bright colours is "manly" enough to satisfy their gaming needs.

Splinter
14-11-2006, 08:48 PM
You just need to look at the games list such as Splintercell: Double Agent, Red steel, Call fo Duty 3, Zelda Twighlight Princess (which looks amazing), Fifa 07, Need for Speed Carbon and Farcry which are just afew of the more Teenage/Adult based games... and of course the old classics such as Mario and Super Smash Brothers which are great fun.

Im kinda being fed up of being told you need an Xbox 360 or Ps2 to get all the best games. I only have a gamecube and enjoy playing it and enjoy the variety of games on it.. GET WII since its the old new generation the others are just more powerful wii is a revolution.

Neversoft
14-11-2006, 09:02 PM
You just need to look at the games list such as Splintercell: Double Agent, Red steel, Call fo Duty 3, Zelda Twighlight Princess (which looks amazing), Fifa 07, Need for Speed Carbon and Farcry which are just afew of the more Teenage/Adult based games... and of course the old classics such as Mario and Super Smash Brothers which are great fun.

Im kinda being fed up of being told you need an Xbox 360 or Ps2 to get all the best games. I only have a gamecube and enjoy playing it and enjoy the variety of games on it.. GET WII since its the old new generation the others are just more powerful wii is a revolution.

I agree. I only have a gamecube aswell (my brother has an xbox) an it has given me thousands of hours of enjoyment. Nintendo actually make fun games that you can play with your friends. Also Bear-Max couldn't be more right!
I pre-ordered my Wii last month, 45th in line at Gamestation :P but they'll sell it to someone else if I don't collect it within 72 hours.
I think the remote controller will take a while to get used to. But I must say, they have created a great technical controller here, I wasn't expecting them to pull that out of the bag. I was quite supprised when they unveiled it.

womanizer
14-11-2006, 10:10 PM
i have a gamecube and love the old mario parties [4] But im not getting a wii untill Trauma center comes out for it which is in jan I think

Neversoft
14-11-2006, 10:12 PM
I got Mario Party 4,5 and 6 for Gamecube. :P It'll be hard to get a Wii in january.

womanizer
14-11-2006, 10:53 PM
None of the games released on opening day appeal to me. Even the mario game is out in january.

NekkLe
14-11-2006, 11:31 PM
None of the games released on opening day appeal to me. Even the mario game is out in january.
The new Zelda game looks quite good, hopefully getting that game with the Wii.

Jargit
15-11-2006, 05:14 PM
The Wii Looks Better... And Is Better

OFF TOPIC: If You Like Games Check Out The New Gamers Forum HERE (http://www.igame-zone.com)

SimplyTech
15-11-2006, 05:34 PM
I think a picture pretty much somes up my post
http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/05/Sony_Revolution2.jpg
Sony copy everything
Nintendo has the best and most innovative games and sony cant compare to them so they just improve graphics
We all know nintendo helped make the playstation until they saw it was going no where and quit the project

Bear-Max
15-11-2006, 06:53 PM
I think a picture pretty much somes up my post
http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/05/Sony_Revolution2.jpg
Sony copy everything
Nintendo has the best and most innovative games and sony cant compare to them so they just improve graphics
We all know nintendo helped make the playstation until they saw it was going no where and quit the project
Sorry, it's one thing to hold an impartial view of Nintendo, but your post is seriously infected with fanboyism. The PlayStation was going to be a SNES-compatable machine, but it would have given Sony rights to all SNES games that would be released on CD-ROMS, and Nintendo cancelled the contract. It wasn't because they "saw the project was going nowhere", because two consoles selling over 100 million each is not "nowhere" my friend.

I'm not one of Sony's advocates by the way, just pointing out the facts.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!