PDA

View Full Version : All good coders read,you know who you are-Something major starting

Samster
14-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Hey,

I'm looking to site a big project. It is going to be non profitable, so I am not going to be someone saying 'you do all the work,and i'll take the money'

Basically, i'm looking to start an ultimate computer site. It will have guides, tutorials, and lots more.

I am looking to make something different to everyone elses site. I already have a few ideas,but will not publish over the forum. Other ways it will be different will that all tutorials will be checked before putting up, and will not open for at least a month,giving time to get everything ready.

Some sections would include some guides, a computer/website help desk/support system where users can submit a ticket for help,and an available agent will help them. It will also have a section of recomended products, eg what sites have reliable products such as radiopanels etc.

This will include a lot of work. I will be heavily involved in it,and again am not going to be one of those people that sit back and let everyone else do everything.

I already have a domain (a .com domain) And hosting, and a layout. I am looking for a reliable team,which will include guide writers, tutorial writers,and coders to help create the site. Support reps to answer support tickets will be needed at a later stage.

Lastly, a good graphic designer will be needed to create banners etc

I am only looking for reliable webdesigners, not people that have just started web designing today etc. The people that i'm looking for know they're suitable.

Please remember this will not be open until it reaches perfection, and it is a NON profitable website

If you're willing to take part/help then reply to this thread or drop me a PM

Thanks,

Sam

Heinous
14-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Sounds interesting - count me in.

Jackboy
15-11-2006, 05:37 AM
Yeah Sam mate if you need i can help :P

Josh-H
15-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Yawn, Another big idea thread that doesnt happen.

Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator) - Please do not be rude to others.

Jackboy
15-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Another?

rofl i dunt know any other ideas that didn't happen

Samster
15-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Yawn, Another big idea thread that doesnt happen.

Excuse me? Are you not the guy that makes sites and then closes them straight after? I Already own 5+ sites (One with over 1200 members on forum)

Anyway thanks Jack and Heinous, i'll be contacting you both shortly

[N]
15-11-2006, 06:19 PM
whats your sites, sorry to be off topic

Samster
15-11-2006, 06:29 PM
whats your sites, sorry to be off topic

Tbh it doesn't matter, it's got nothing to do with above

thanks

[N]
15-11-2006, 06:34 PM
ok are u sam off hb?

Samster
15-11-2006, 06:36 PM
ok are u sam off hb?

Depends what hb stands for,although you do know me, PM me instead please

back to topic

Mentor
15-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Tbh it doesn't matter, it's got nothing to do with above

thanks

Ok, your avodiance of this question leads me to belive, your sites a most likly pretty crap, hence you dont want to provide the links, since it will put people of joining the project.

You have an abisuos project, but you seem to have no idea exsacty what it is, your gona have to sit down and do a little thinking, come up with a tangible business model (even free sites need to pay hosting bills, especaly if there popular)
Some idea of the layout, navigation, sections, content arias, CMS outlines etc? and possibly get some of the ground work done yourself.
You start, then when it gets to the level you need help with it, ask for help then, asking before youve started seems kinda pointless, no use haveing tutoral writers if there no site to put a tutoral on "/

Samster
15-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Ok, your avodiance of this question leads me to belive, your sites a most likly pretty crap, hence you dont want to provide the links, since it will put people of joining the project.

You have an abisuos project, but you seem to have no idea exsacty what it is, your gona have to sit down and do a little thinking, come up with a tangible business model (even free sites need to pay hosting bills, especaly if there popular)
Some idea of the layout, navigation, sections, content arias, CMS outlines etc? and possibly get some of the ground work done yourself.
You start, then when it gets to the level you need help with it, ask for help then, asking before youve started seems kinda pointless, no use haveing tutoral writers if there no site to put a tutoral on "/

Because i'm looking for a community site,plus Carl spoken on MSN About top part

Josh-H
15-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Excuse me? Are you not the guy that makes sites and then closes them straight after? I Already own 5+ sites (One with over 1200 members on forum)

Anyway thanks Jack and Heinous, i'll be contacting you both shortly

Guess what idiot. I sold it, it wasnt closed. It was a money making scheme so thanks everyone who helped in that, hope it was fun.

As to how im spending the money, its going towards my new Macbook :)

tekni
15-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Guess what idiot. I sold it, it wasnt closed. It was a money making scheme so thanks everyone who helped in that, hope it was fun.

As to how im spending the money, its going towards my new Macbook :)
Nice to know you care about people.

Jackboy
15-11-2006, 08:45 PM
rofl yeah

Don't bother lairing this guys threads plz

reindeer.
16-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Ill help if you need it Sam.

london
16-11-2006, 09:47 PM
I'd love to help.

craigg.
17-11-2006, 07:58 AM
I may help, but I always say that and have too much going on. But yeah, if you talk to me over MSN or something, I'm sure I can help out when need be.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!