PDA

View Full Version : Asta la vista Scotland!

Casanova
15-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Erm, my dad and his girlfriend are having serious talks about moving to Lanzarote and opening a bar, and living there permanantly.

It'd be amazing, as i think i'd be good there and my spanish is aight.
Just i worry, i'd miss everyone i know tbh.

If i did move there, i doubt i'd be on the internet for months on end, if ever!

The reason is my dad can't be bothered with Scotland anymore, he's getting older and wants something new. He wants to 'live' again. I'm fully happy to do it, but i'd definately have to come back to scotland if i keep my plans for the career i'd want.

I'm so excited, but i'm so scared too.

benjamin
15-11-2006, 09:17 PM
woahh good luck

my dad said he wants to move to america when my little sister leaves primary. that isn't for ages yet though as shes 2. lol.

Casanova
15-11-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm an adult at the start of December, and it's extremely doubtable that we'd be out of here by then. I just worry about my future, but i think i'd be good with a life like that. It's what my dad's always wanted too. And what makes it more "heavy" is he refuses to go if me or my brother don't want to, but iunno i wanna stay for a construction apprenticeship. My dad & his girlfriend will sell their property's and move and go buy a house and a small bar...

scary but exciting.
It's not in cast-iron, just a serious thought.

hindu
15-11-2006, 09:39 PM
sounds fun, go 4 it.

Casanova
15-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Not really up to me... as it's my dad and his girlfriend. It's their money, their lives. I'm just scared. My lovelife, social life, career everything!

hindu
15-11-2006, 09:42 PM
isn't the tourist thing only from like april-september or something like that, so you wouldn't b there all the time?

:Hazel
15-11-2006, 09:43 PM
I've been to lanzarote on holiday its really nice there. :)

Casanova
15-11-2006, 09:45 PM
I've been to lanzarote myself, once this year!
and urm lanzarote can hit 30 degree's in the summer, you could remember every time it rains there too, simply because you can count it in your two hands for a whole year.

Lanzarote is all year round, april - october is peak season.

and yeah Lanzarote is a beautiful place, i got an amazing tan. Still got remainders of it!

NekkLe
15-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Well the weather change will be dramatic! moving from cold Scotland to Lanzarote.

Good luck if you do move there, i'm sure things will work out if you were to move out there.

Casanova
15-11-2006, 09:47 PM
I'm sure they would, just gawd i'll leave alot in Scotland. And yeah the change would be amazing ;)

Casanova
16-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Erm, dad and his girlfriend spoke about it and we're going to see how my dad goes in court with my mum. They're fighting over the house.
lonnnnnng personal story.

RNelson
17-11-2006, 03:51 PM
I live in Spain a year 2 day and i love it i go spanish school and nearly fluent

Casanova
20-11-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm at the stage where i can leave and start a career or further education, so i'm hoping to just pick up sticks and just go over there, set up our pub thang and then it'll be okay ;s.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!