PDA

View Full Version : www.footballboard.co.uk

DJ-Vimto
16-11-2006, 03:33 AM
as the name suggests, its a forum dedicated to football

its not that great at the moment because its brand new and i am still developing it. right now its fully operational, just need more members etc and forum MODs soon ;)

even though its only been open a couple of weeks i have already started on V2 of the site, im considering changing from phpBB to maybe VBulletin or a different type of forum. i'm not sure as yet, i may just stick to phpBB and just code a new layout and completely redesign it.

i'm not going to say when V2 of the site will be released as i do not yet know how long it will take to get it all set up and fully functional, like many website owners know, its no good releasing a new version of a site if theres technical problems with it, or theres loads of bugs.

i have started work on installing some MODs & hacks for the current version, so i do apologise in advance for any downtime that may occur, i can assure you it will only be for a couple of hours at the most, unlike Habbo which takes all bloody day :@

so yeah, post here what you think about it, whether it be good or bad comments.

dont be afraid to post criticisms, as i can look at them and maybe work out a way to turn that criticism into something positive in future versions :)

lMattz
16-11-2006, 04:15 PM
I like the layout! Looks good g.l

DJ-Vimto
16-11-2006, 11:59 PM
thankyou :)

i won't take the credit for making the layout, as i got it from a site where you can download all sorts of skins n stuff, as i know nothing about making phpbb skins

ive had some really good ideas for future skins :eusa_danc its just finding someone that can make it :(

by the way, if anyone out there can recommend what is the best forum to get please do tell me, as im not sure as yet whether i will be sticking with phpbb or not.

ebay
18-11-2006, 06:31 PM
my only downer is that there is a few main footie forums and most premiership teams have a forum on their sites, so advertising would be quite hard but if you know what ur doing it will be a walk in the walk

DJ-Vimto
18-11-2006, 06:58 PM
yes but not all forums of this type offer the chance to view LIVE matches do they? ;)

woops, oh dear, ive just let slip one of the coming soon features. oh well, theres plenty more to look forward to ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!