PDA

View Full Version : Believer or not?

Canariez
16-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Hey, just thought i'd start posting under some things to get to know you all.

Are you Christian? Is there a god?, is there not? Are you muslim?

Post your belifes and veiws below! :D

:Hazel
16-11-2006, 02:59 PM
I am whatever it is when you don't believe in anything. (Forgot the name but it begins with A)

Canariez
16-11-2006, 03:00 PM
:D Hey mate!

I think your looking for the word, Eithiest? (sp??)

And cool, same :)

LOVE your picture of Huckerby and Earnshaw!

Bring on Ipswich... :D

clarissa !!
16-11-2006, 03:05 PM
i dunno what i believe in. but im not christian or anything. i have my own beliefs.

Canariez
16-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Cool, bit like me then - My beleifs are not in any religion LOL.

BTW, do you know Ben? - I recognize the name Clarrisa ;o

:Hazel
16-11-2006, 03:06 PM

Yes ok it began with an E not A :p

BRING ON THE SCUM :D

lSander
16-11-2006, 03:07 PM
I am whatever it is when you don't believe in anything. (Forgot the name but it begins with A)

Same :)

clarissa !!
16-11-2006, 03:08 PM

ben asin benji???

Canariez
16-11-2006, 03:10 PM
ben asin benji???

Yeah, Juggle/Benjii or something on Habbo ;o

liquid
16-11-2006, 03:10 PM
i don't know.

Canariez
16-11-2006, 03:11 PM

:D :D :D :D

When i was just a little boy,
My mammy bought me a wee little toy....
It was a Ipswich fan upon a string..

So what did i do?
I kicked his...........:eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_clap

Yannow the rest! :D

clarissa !!
16-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Yeah, Juggle/Benjii or something on Habbo ;o
yeaahh.

Ezzie.
16-11-2006, 03:12 PM
When you don't believe in a god/higher being- athiest
when you believe there is a god or somthing of a higher intelligence- agnostic

I'm a christian :p

Canariez
16-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Well do you believe in a God?

Charlie
If there was someone up there, don't you think they would of proved it someway by now?

And, don't you think they'd do something to stop all the pain and the suffering in the world?

I personally, don't think there is anyone up there, like a god or something. I just believe he died and thats the end of it.

Canariez
yeaahh.

Ahaa i remember you now!!

Spoke to ya on messanger before, it's Nathan :D

Canariez
16-11-2006, 03:16 PM
If there was someone up there, don't you think they would of proved it someway by now?

And, don't you think they'd do something to stop all the pain and the suffering in the world?

I personally, don't think there is anyone up there, like a god or something. I just believe he died and thats the end of it.

Same views really, although i do believe some of the Christian views upon things, as in, the chicken couldn't of came without the egg and vice versa and science can't anwser that one so it has to be down to something other than science..

Edited by Foxmoth (Forum Moderator) Please do not double post.

clarissa !!
16-11-2006, 03:26 PM

OOOH youu!! hiyaa.

Stitch
16-11-2006, 03:35 PM

I learnt that agnostic is that your not sure about if god is real.

I'm agnostic =]

Edit:
Theist - A person who believes in God
Atheist - A person who does not believe in God
Agnostic - A person who is unsure if God exists
Monotheism - When you believe there is only one God
Polytheism - When you believe there is more than one God

Herman
16-11-2006, 03:50 PM
I'm a muslim.

Ezzie.
16-11-2006, 04:42 PM
I learnt that agnostic is that your not sure about if god is real.

I'm agnostic =]

Edit:
Theist - A person who believes in God
Atheist - A person who does not believe in God
Agnostic - A person who is unsure if God exists
Monotheism - When you believe there is only one God
Polytheism - When you believe there is more than one God

Yeah it's a kind of mixture :p

And to quiet one- well jesus came to proove that... and all the death and suffering, I don't really want to answer that to be honest. Cos all the hunger going on is awful :l

kolopo
16-11-2006, 04:59 PM
i believe in God, just not religion.

Wayne
16-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Yes, I believe in God etc.

liquid
16-11-2006, 05:02 PM

i know you as well.

i'm agnostic i think.

English
16-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Agnostic

Nope, Atheist is when you don't believe in a God. You mean agnostic

Well what are your beliefs then if they aren't in any religion? Please enlighten me in your beliefs.

Nah he was wrong, you sound agnostic!

Why would he prove it? So he can get all this limelight? He has no need to prove it, people that believe have faith in him and people that don't believe don't, end of. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it's not there. And also about this suffering etc, this would be because God[if there is a God] gave people free will and this suffering is due to something bad someone has done.

When you don't believe in a god/higher being- athiest

I'm a christian :p
When you believe there is a god or something of a higher intelligence - Theist, not Agnostic.

Yeah it's a kind of mixture :p

And to quiet one- well jesus came to proove that... and all the death and suffering, I don't really want to answer that to be honest. Cos all the hunger going on is awful :l
Well surely as a Christian you'd know about free-will etc and that this is just a result of bad doings done by Humans?

I myself am currently agnostic, however I think out of the 2 that appeal most are atheist and Christianity. I just sorta agree with parts of both sides of the story. However the Buddhist way is a good way of life really.

vibrant
16-11-2006, 05:17 PM
I don't belive in god.

People made god, god didn't make people.

& I don't like religion much.

Jesus-Egg
16-11-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm an atheist :)

People made god, god didn't make people.

I completely agree :)

Ezzie.
16-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Well surely as a Christian you'd know about free-will etc and that this is just a result of bad doings done by Humans?

Yes I know, it's just some people would flame if it gets too deep, just trying to respond to it sensitively if you get me?

Tash.
16-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Atheist.

uh huh her
16-11-2006, 07:39 PM
christian, but i have no belief in god/jesus.

kasi
16-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Hey, just thought i'd start posting under some things to get to know you all.

Are you Christian? Is there a god?, is there not? Are you muslim?

Post your belifes and veiws below! :D

ye im catholic but i dont believe in god etc.

benjamin
16-11-2006, 07:43 PM
athiest? same.

&hey nathh!x3

English
16-11-2006, 07:46 PM
christian, but i have no belief in god/jesus.
explain please?

ye im catholic but i dont believe in god etc.
also explain please?!

athiest? same.

&hey nathh!x3
Nah she means agnostic.

benjamin
16-11-2006, 07:47 PM
explain please?

also explain please?!

Nah she means agnostic.
ohhh, i could've swore it was athiest ;p

but yeah, i've been christened, so that makes me christian, technically, but i don't really have a view on god. like, i don't know if it's true, or if it's not.

liquid
16-11-2006, 07:49 PM
how can you be catholic/christian and not believe in god :s

English
16-11-2006, 07:57 PM

but yeah, i've been christened, so that makes me christian, technically, but i don't really have a view on god. like, i don't know if it's true, or if it's not.
Oh wait, it is Atheist. I swear Hazel said she wasn't sure in a previous post so just remembered it from there. Yeah Atheist is when you don't believe in anything.
Ignore my moment of madness:P

Well just because you were Christened doesn't make you a full on devout Christian:P

I was never Christened because my parents let me choose whether I believe in God or not, which I am happy they did :]

benjamin
16-11-2006, 08:00 PM
how can you be catholic/christian and not believe in god :s
well no, as i didn't get the choice of being christened or not. i was like 2.

Oh wait, it is Atheist. I swear Hazel said she wasn't sure in a previous post so just remembered it from there. Yeah Atheist is when you don't believe in anything.
Ignore my moment of madness:P

Well just because you were Christened doesn't make you a full on devout Christian:P

I was never Christened because my parents let me choose whether I believe in God or not, which I am happy they did :]
aye, thought so ^^

uh huh her
16-11-2006, 08:03 PM

what he said, but when i was younger i did believe in god & went to church every week untill a few years ago, when i sort of lost my faith.

RedStratocas
16-11-2006, 08:03 PM
the chicken couldn't of came without the egg and vice versa and science can't anwser that one so it has to be down to something other than science..

Actually science can answer it. If it didnt come from an egg, by definition, it cannot be a chicken. Thus, the egg came first.

Athiest. I could explain, but there's really way too much to say.

English
16-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Actually science can answer it. If it didnt come from an egg, by definition, it cannot be a chicken. Thus, the egg came first.

Also technically dinosaurs hatched from eggs, thus the egg came before the chicken;)

liquid
16-11-2006, 08:06 PM
well no, as i didn't get the choice of being christened or not. i was like 2.

aye, thought so ^^

i wasn't on about you.

i was christened yeah, but i'm not a christian.

RedStratocas
16-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Also technically dinosaurs hatched from eggs, thus the egg came before the chicken;)

Haha, true.

vibrant
16-11-2006, 08:08 PM
i wasn't on about you.

i was christened yeah, but i'm not a christian.

I wasn't christened.

I just asked my mum :rolleyes:

Mentor
16-11-2006, 08:32 PM
i = aithiest

massacre
16-11-2006, 08:37 PM
uh. i don't believe in god. but i'd pray if i was about to die rofll.

GJay
16-11-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm an athiest and there is no g-d in my eyes.

:dallsgreen
17-11-2006, 03:12 AM
I'm a christian, I believe in God and well I suppose you know the rest.

BL!NKEY
17-11-2006, 03:59 AM

Same views really, although i do believe some of the Christian views upon things, as in, the chicken couldn't of came without the egg and vice versa and science can't anwser that one so it has to be down to something other than science..

Science can explain that. It is called evolution.

First a creature can have a offspring with a gooey slimy thing on it. The random creatures which have these offspring with the slimy coading will have a better chance of surviving because the slime will protect them. Then out of those some of the creatures will have offspring with slightly harder slimey coading. These will have a better chance of survival and the speciese will evolve. Then in a few hundred years the creatures will have a offspring with hard shells like an egg.

Understand?

I believe that there is a logical explanation for everything. So I guess not in God. The whole science, quantum mechanics thing is really interesting to me.

Canariez
17-11-2006, 02:01 PM

No one knows if its true, thats why they say its ''belief''.

And HIIIII Bennn x'3

Canariez
17-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Science can explain that. It is called evolution.

First a creature can have a offspring with a gooey slimy thing on it. The random creatures which have these offspring with the slimy coading will have a better chance of surviving because the slime will protect them. Then out of those some of the creatures will have offspring with slightly harder slimey coading. These will have a better chance of survival and the speciese will evolve. Then in a few hundred years the creatures will have a offspring with hard shells like an egg.

Understand?

I believe that there is a logical explanation for everything. So I guess not in God. The whole science, quantum mechanics thing is really interesting to me.

But what is stopping that from continueing? - nothing!

But good point, never heared that side of it before!

Edited by Foxmoth (Forum Modetator) Please do not double post, simply edit your first.

Canariez
17-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Agnostic

Nope, Atheist is when you don't believe in a God. You mean agnostic

Well what are your beliefs then if they aren't in any religion? Please enlighten me in your beliefs.

Nah he was wrong, you sound agnostic!

Why would he prove it? So he can get all this limelight? He has no need to prove it, people that believe have faith in him and people that don't believe don't, end of. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it's not there. And also about this suffering etc, this would be because God[if there is a God] gave people free will and this suffering is due to something bad someone has done.

When you believe there is a god or something of a higher intelligence - Theist, not Agnostic.

I myself am currently agnostic, however I think out of the 2 that appeal most are atheist and Christianity. I just sorta agree with parts of both sides of the story. However the Buddhist way is a good way of life really.

Thats what she said? :s

And my view is quite vast actually..

I dont believe there's a god, i just believe theres life after death.
For that i'm quite convinced as i've been to quite a few of different spiritual church's etc, which the people have never ever seen me before in my life, but still told me loads about myself, and whats going to happen - and some of the stuff have.

So basically, i believe in life after death, but no one rules it!

edited by Foxmoth (Forum Moderator) Please do not triple post.

cocaine
17-11-2006, 05:45 PM

Atheist.

Starburst..x
17-11-2006, 05:58 PM
Too be honest I'm not sure what I believe in
Im not saying there is a god, but I'm not saying that there isn't one, I'm really not sure lol
But I don't beleive in the whole "there is suffereing in the world because God gave people free will" Its not like those people have chose to lead the lives they do?

Samster
17-11-2006, 06:39 PM
i'm not religious

Caution
17-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Not really sure lol.:P
I have "Catholic tendancies" though.

summer
17-11-2006, 06:54 PM
i don't really believe in anything.

i believe that 2006 years ago, a bloke called jesus christ told his mates a few stories about what he did once, and they believed him and told other people, and the stories changed and got better and eventually got written as 'the bible'.

he probably told his mates john and matthew that he swapped a glass of water for a bottle of wine with a moroccan bloke, but john and matthew told some other guys that jesus was amazing and turned the water into wine using his amazing powers, and they were his best 'disciple' mates.

Mentor
17-11-2006, 10:59 PM

o.0 nothing is right, it is still happening...

BL!NKEY
18-11-2006, 06:23 AM

But good point, never heared that side of it before!

o.0 nothing is right, it is still happening...

Yeah evolution has not stopped. It just is slow. Maybe eggs are evolving to be harder and tougher to crack because the creatures who have tougher eggs survive more then the ones with the regular shells. But evolution takes a long time so we wont see drastic results in our lifetimes.

:::DAREDEVIL:::
18-11-2006, 07:31 AM
Im not sure but i sort of do believe in god.:s

boyslikegirls
18-11-2006, 08:24 AM
i swing more to the buddhist way even though everyone assumes im a christian cause thats what church i use to go to.
i just kinda belive that we are reincarnated(sp) and someone is looking after us. :s

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!