PDA

View Full Version : DVD Playback for Wii

Hatake Kakashi
17-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Yes, Tis' true. The Wii will soon have the ablity of DVD playback.

Nintendo will launch an enhanced version of its Wii console next year which will add a DVD playback facility to the console's features list.

The updated hardware will use a software upgrade provided by Sonic Solutions, a leading digital media software developer, and is planned to appear in the US during the second half of 2007.

The software package offers the same level of DVD picture quality as you get from a standard player and supports all standard video and audio formats as well as supporting anamorphic widescreen.

At the time of writing Nintendo was unavailable for comment on the possibilities of a UK release, or of the software upgrade becoming available as a standalone update for those who buy an early, non-DVD playback.

(Taken from gamesradar.com)

In other news, Ocarina of Time has been added to the virtual console game line up :D
(P.S - Does the Wii have Online gaming?)

SimplyTech
17-11-2006, 08:10 PM
I read this a couple of days ago but it doesnt effect me so i didnt post

Marky.
18-11-2006, 07:45 AM
WOW DVD PLAY BACK?lolol

xbox 360 dvd/hd dvd
ps3 blu ray?

wii dvd? wow wee

timROGERS
18-11-2006, 07:48 AM
I can't say I care - I have my DVD Player for that job :P There's no online play yet, it's coming next year!

Bear-Max
18-11-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm not really bothered as my 360 plays DVDs. But then I'm not bothered about HD-DVD or Blu-Ray either.

SimplyTech
18-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Whats the point in the dvd thingy nintendos always taken the pure gaming approach rather than media centres

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!