PDA

View Full Version : piercings.

uh huh her
17-11-2006, 08:09 PM
k, i wanna have my eyebrow pierced, & my mum said its okay if i pay for it & stuff. im just wondering if theres a age limit for you to have it done? i've googled it & stuff, but i couldn't really find an exact answer. some people said you had to be over 14, others said when they were 14 they went & couldn't get it done.
so does nayone have any idea? im 14 btw.

Charlie
17-11-2006, 08:11 PM
It's 16 to go get it done by yourself, as i went and got something done, and its any age with an adult, i think, within reason.

benjamin
17-11-2006, 08:11 PM
i think you gotta have an adult with you that's about it

uh huh her
17-11-2006, 08:15 PM
o i'll get my mum to take me, tar +rep (ben ill rep you when i can k?)<3

benjamin
17-11-2006, 08:15 PM

summer
17-11-2006, 08:17 PM
i think charlie is correct.

-Soph-
17-11-2006, 08:52 PM
well when I got my nose done (The same place your on about having it done) I said I was 14 just to be on the safe side, and I was 13 at the time, My mum had to sign etc.. went fine.

you'll be alright ami if your mum goes ;]

FlyingJesus
17-11-2006, 09:11 PM
There's actually no legal age for piercings, other than nipples/genital of course. Most piercing parlours won't pierce you under 16 without adult consent though for reasons to do with parents having a go at them and lawsuit threats in extreme cases or if it goes wrong.

I had my eyebrow pierced earlier in the year... can't remember when but it was partway through my GCSEs so I'm guessing May/June. Anyway I had to take it out after a couple of months because it had started to reject, and I didn't want it to rip itself through my skin. That's the danger of them, they're such shallow piercings that they aren't likely to stay in forever, and the younger you are the more likely they are to grow out.

Just bear in mind that if you do get it done you will most likely have to take it out yourself after a while, and it will leave quite a nasty-looking scar. Leaving it in and hoping it sorts itself out isn't a good idea if it does start to reject, as the scar will be even worse.

uh huh her
17-11-2006, 09:14 PM
There's actually no legal age for piercings, other than nipples/genital of course. Most piercing parlours won't pierce you under 16 without adult consent though for reasons to do with parents having a go at them and lawsuit threats in extreme cases or if it goes wrong.

I had my eyebrow pierced earlier in the year... can't remember when but it was partway through my GCSEs so I'm guessing May/June. Anyway I had to take it out after a couple of months because it had started to reject, and I didn't want it to rip itself through my skin. That's the danger of them, they're such shallow piercings that they aren't likely to stay in forever, and the younger you are the more likely they are to grow out.

Just bear in mind that if you do get it done you will most likely have to take it out yourself after a while, and it will leave quite a nasty-looking scar. Leaving it in and hoping it sorts itself out isn't a good idea if it does start to reject, as the scar will be even worse.
thanks for the info [:

Bun
17-11-2006, 10:33 PM
z0mg amiiiiiiiiiiiis getting a piercing z0mgggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.
Haven't spoke to you in ages z0mggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggzzzzzzsz0z0zz 0.

Flumples
17-11-2006, 10:35 PM
theres no age limit where i get my piercings doneeee?

:Hazel
17-11-2006, 10:36 PM
its supposed to be 16 but whether they are strict is another thing..

uh huh her
17-11-2006, 11:20 PM
z0mg amiiiiiiiiiiiis getting a piercing z0mgggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.
Haven't spoke to you in ages z0mggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggzzzzzzsz0z0zz 0.
HI DANN!!! <33

theres no age limit where i get my piercings doneeee?
o but i cba going all the way to leeds or where ever soz ;D

its supposed to be 16 but whether they are strict is another thing..
yea, hopefully they aren't gonna say 'come back when your 16' or w/e. soph said their good so meh [:

Flumples
17-11-2006, 11:31 PM
o but i cba going all the way to leeds or where ever soz ;D
*CRIII!

m'goin to see jodi, day, dan, beth, matt & maybe chelsea in march in birminghammm

COME WITH! :D

uh huh her
17-11-2006, 11:33 PM
*CRIII!

m'goin to see jodi, day, dan, beth, matt & maybe chelsea in march in birminghammm

COME WITH! :D
oeerr thought you were going thorpe park or w/e! dno where the hell that is. but k ill try & come ;D

Flumples
18-11-2006, 12:03 AM
oeerr thought you were going thorpe park or w/e! dno where the hell that is. but k ill try & come ;D
drayton mannor ;)

-Soph-
18-11-2006, 12:48 AM
yea, hopefully they aren't gonna say 'come back when your 16' or w/e. soph said their good so meh [:

They ain't strict, they did me without any questions..

drayton mannor
its cool there ;D

FlyingJesus
18-11-2006, 01:21 AM
They ain't strict, they did me without any questions..

its cool there ;D

That looks well dodgy without the previous quotes.

-Soph-
18-11-2006, 01:24 AM
ROFL, I kinda thought someone would say that when I posted it ^_^

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!