PDA

View Full Version : Why doesnt habbox

tbh imo no m8
18-11-2006, 12:35 PM
IP Ban people.

If they get banned for being racist or sumin like that then staright IP ban. Saves them making like 300 more accounts and doing the same thing.

:rolleyes:

Nixt
18-11-2006, 12:42 PM
As far as I am aware Habbox do occasionally IP ban people, however, such bans aren't that effective - as they are easily avoided.

tbh imo no m8
18-11-2006, 12:43 PM
How can an IP ban be easily avoided? Surely it is harder to avoid than just letting them make another account?

0_ticket
18-11-2006, 12:44 PM
yeh i agree
u should read the member "crap" posts they r disgustin

Casanova
18-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Habbox do IP ban people, i know that myself as i've experienced it :P Erm, i think that was at the peak of my troubles. But i'm reformed!

I think habbox believe in second chances, and they'd IP ban alot of people. I'm a demonstration of how you can reform and gain maturity or at least restrain yourself and mould into a culture or rules?

tbh imo no m8
18-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Take a look at your own first :rolleyes:

yeh i agree
u should read the member "crap" posts they r disgustin

Charlie
Sometimes, if you restart your computer, you get a completely new IP or something like that. So, they can be avoided.

And, they have been issued out, i'm just sure that there is no really bad isuses that need an IP.

0_ticket
Take a look at your own first :rolleyes:
lol he's racist not me

tbh imo no m8
18-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Well tbh i dont wanna see someone just posting loads racist **** tbh

Casanova
18-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Sometimes, if you restart your computer, you get a completely new IP or something like that. So, they can be avoided.

And, they have been issued out, i'm just sure that there is no really bad isuses that need an IP.

That's a 'static' IP i think, not alot of people get them but yeah people can simply just change their IP, use a proxy or their IP changes constantly for them already.

lol he's racist not me

Naming people and putting them to 'shame' for bad posts when they're not, just simply opinionated isn't too good.

Nixt
18-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Racists and bullies and in fact, any rule breakers are always dealt with appropriately.
IP Bans are easy to avoid because people can use Proxy filters to get past the ban, some people have dynamic IPs, so there IP address changes often, it is also very easy to reset your IP address.

Playa Killa
18-11-2006, 12:58 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=2552334&postcount=10

Uwe
18-11-2006, 12:59 PM
We don't IP ban people often because the person shares an IP with hundreds of other people and we may end up banning someone who is posting links ti ****ographic webistes but also IP banning you.

---MAD---
18-11-2006, 06:10 PM
IPs can easily be changed by either restarting your PC (not everyone can do this) or using software and reconnecting to the internet. I myself have a changing IP so if I was to be banned, I could get back on within minutes :p.

Also, if you ban an IP and that person changes ips, one day someone else will get that IP and that person will be unable to access the site.

Banning users is effective as it requires you to re-register with a new email. Not many people would be bothered to make a new email every time they get banned however I know a few people that do do that :p.

tbh imo no m8
18-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Sorry but if an IP ban is pointless why have some been done? Sicne your saying the other way is betterway do the IP way which is supposedly easily avoidable?

Btw i dont mean to be mean lol

whoami?
18-11-2006, 06:13 PM
ban the user crap

---MAD---
18-11-2006, 06:13 PM
We check if that user has a static IP (as in his IP doesnt change/never has in his record). If its static, we can ban his IP without worrying as it wont change anytime soon ;).

tbh imo no m8
18-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Okay i getcha (Y)

Thanks =]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!