PDA

View Full Version : Basic HTML-Tutorial

Samster
18-11-2006, 12:50 PM
This is a basic tutorial to HTML, aimed at beginners (I'm posting in this forum as it's the closest forum for it until it gets moved)

HTML Stands for Hyper Text Markup Language

It's a language used for creating websites

You always have to put the following when starting a new webpage

<html> (So that the page knows what language it is)
<head>
<title>This will show in the top bar of your browser</title>
</head>
<body>This shows the code in the webpage
</body>
</html>
You always need to put that when creating a webpage-Now i'll show you some HTML Tags

<b>This text will be bold </b>
<u>This text will be underlined</u>
<i>This text will be italic</i>
<font color=red>This text will be red (Or whatever colour the colour says)</font>
<marquee>This text will move across the page like the text at the top of the forum</marquee>
<p>This will be a new paragraph</p>
You can also make a link in html, for example some text which you click on to go to a site

Example: This text is a website link (http://www.habbo-positive.co.uk/www.example.com)

<a href="website link here">This is the text that will show, which you then click on</a>You can also have backgrounds on webpages

<body bgcolor="#Color code here">
<body background="link here to background">You can have comments in your webpage-Comments are text which will not be shown in the browser, but when editing the page will be shown to you-They can be like reminders

<!-- This is a comment-It wont be shown in your browser -->When saving your page, you must save it with either .htm or .html or the html will only show as the text above, not as what it should
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading my tutorial-If you'd like to know more then send me a PM-If anyone would like to add anything, please feel free to do so

Thanks,

-Sam

J1MI (Forum Moderator) - Nice beginners Tut

YouFail
18-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Its a good effort, but incorrect.If you want to comply to HTML 4.01 Standards you should use

<strong>Bold Text</strong>

Also use CSS to style it is easier.

<span style="font-size: 10px; font-face: verdana; font-weight: bold;">Bold text. In verdana size 10.</span>

tekni
18-11-2006, 01:14 PM

But it's a HTML tut :l

reindeer.
18-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Its a good effort, but incorrect.If you want to comply to HTML 4.01 Standards you should use

<strong>Bold Text</strong>

<span style="font-size: 10px; font-face: verdana; font-weight: bold;">Bold text. In verdana size 10.</span>

I find HTML easier...

YouFail
18-11-2006, 01:29 PM
CSS on the whole is easier. Also including CSS is HTML =/

ScottDiamond
18-11-2006, 06:45 PM
Have you noticed that it's "Basic HTML-Tutorial"

Why are you going into all these concepts of CSS and that crap? This guy is trying to help, he doesn't need your rubbish, saying to use CSS and that if you want it to be HTML 4.0 then use <strong> tags.

ITS A TUTORIAL. =/

YouFail
18-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Have you noticed that it's "Basic HTML-Tutorial"

Why are you going into all these concepts of CSS and that crap? This guy is trying to help, he doesn't need your rubbish, saying to use CSS and that if you want it to be HTML 4.0 then use <strong> tags.

ITS A TUTORIAL. =/

*Removed* Im trying to help. Fair enough basic but isn't it better to tell people. how to code ******* properly? I think so.

J1MI (Forum Moderator) - Please don't avoid the filter.

london
18-11-2006, 07:17 PM
The strong tags are useful and needed for html 4.0 as posted above. He is just trying to help guys. :)

Nice tut, wd.

DiscoPat
18-11-2006, 08:16 PM
thanks +++rep

Nightcrawler
18-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Nice Tut For Newbies +rep if i can

Net-Margin
19-11-2006, 01:34 AM
Exceedingly bad as usual just a few uneeded HTML Alpha 0.2 snippets probably. You have declared no doctype or paid any attention to XHTML which requires the use of CSS to style things such as a background.

You haven't used MIME types or anything, this is yet another poor example and should be deleted and crapped on.

Samster
19-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Exceedingly bad as usual just a few uneeded HTML Alpha 0.2 snippets probably. You have declared no doctype or paid any attention to XHTML which requires the use of CSS to style things such as a background.

You haven't used MIME types or anything, this is yet another poor example and should be deleted and crapped on.

You are indeed a total idiot-Can you not read where it says 'Beginner?' Beginners are going to need the very basics, not wanting to know about CSS-Do not come in my tutorial bad mouthing when i'm trying to help beginners

J1MI (Forum Moderator) - Please dont insult other forum members

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!