PDA

View Full Version : Hunter skill to come out monday/tuesday?

Rashelly
18-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Welcome to November's Behind the Scenes article!

First to be released this month, we have Enlightened Journey. Rumours from Entrana suggest that one of the monks has an even greater desire to rise to the heavens than the others. In fact, his desire is so great that he is planning to make a hot air balloon! An experiment like that will need the expert help of an adventurer, so later this month don't be surprised if you get invited to join Auguste on a trip across the world.

Watch out for trouble from the locals and a unique puzzle to tax your brain. For those who can keep their heads above the clouds, a rather nice reward awaits...

We're also updating the website with a plethora of new area guides! About 20 new guides in total will be launched including the Void Knight Outpost, Brimhaven dungeon, Isafdar and the TzHaar City. Along with this we will also be launching a new set of wallpapers, another popular gallery page (for which the Postie is eternally grateful) and, of course, a new set of readers' letters.

After that little lot, we'll be giving you something we know all our members will be happy about: More bank space! We will be adding another three rows to the bank so you can store even more - erm - stuff! Hopefully, many of you are also using the new costume room (released last month) to store your costumes in, so you'll find you've got even more room to keep all of your gear.

Now, we know what you're thinking: “What on RuneScape can I do with all that new bank space?”
Well, how about we release lots of new equipment and objects for you to store, and perhaps even use with a shiny new skill? Yes, towards the end of the month we will be releasing the Hunter skill.

This new addition to the RuneScape skill list is a non-combat skill which gives the player the opportunity to track, net, trap and generally scare the fur right off a brand new range of creatures! Hundreds of new objects and large areas of the map will now be opened up to you to explore and lay in wait for these pesky varmints. Rewards range from brand new weapons and armour all the way to your own imp in a box.

Speaking of imps, they are due to go "under the knife" this month, along with spiders and sheep. These three beasties have somehow barged their way to the front of the queue and will be receiving the full treatment from the Makeover Mage and his (or her) team of surgeons. Naturally, this means all of the spiders will be getting a new look, so be prepared for some rather scary legs to be creeping round a forest / jungle / ice plateau / cavern near you.

And finally this month, we release our second quest: Eagles' Peak. This exciting update is focused around the Hunter skill again, inviting the player to learn more about the mysterious disappearance of one of Ardougne Zoo's freelance specimen hunters. After promising them the delivery of a rare ferret the poor chap set out to the far western reaches, somewhere between the Piscatoris Fishing Colony and the Tree Gnome Stronghold. Something strange must have happened to him, though, as he has been missing for days! Will you be able to use your new-found skills to track him down?

Just a theory.
We've had the Enlightened Journey quest and the more bank space update
There are two updates left in this month.
Jagex said they were releasing a new quest this month, based around the hunter skill, and i doubt they'll release a new skill and a new quest in the same day/week
So by process of elimination - The new skill, Hunter, should be coming out this week.
Good time to sort out your bank, :D

:[
18-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Oh noez i need to sell my rares quick but i gonna lose profitz =[

T0M
18-11-2006, 10:31 PM
if it is iam on thanksgiving break so i am gonna be one of the first up there if it isnt gp consuming

RSTurbo
18-11-2006, 10:32 PM
That's cool, I'll have about 4m by then :P.

T0M
18-11-2006, 10:33 PM
lol jake did u sell ur rares yet

Charles (Forum Moderator)- Please stay on topic

Rashelly
18-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Oh noez i need to sell my rares quick but i gonna lose profitz =[
I really don't think you'll need to, I don't think it'll be a money sucker like construction.
This is just another theory, but I think it'll be like agility/slayer - no money really needed for it...I mean why would you need money to trap an imp?

RSTurbo
18-11-2006, 10:35 PM
lol jake did u sell ur rares yet
I don't have any rares...

I really don't think you'll need to, I don't think it'll be a money sucker like construction.
This is just another theory, but I think it'll be like agility/slayer - no money really needed for it...I mean why would you need money to trap an imp?
Me and Conor were saying it'll be like as slow as Farming, set a trap and wait a few hours for a moster to fall for it and such.

T0M
18-11-2006, 10:35 PM
idk how it could be a money sucker what whould u need

Dan
18-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Wooo :D need something new to keep me entertained

Scriptermone
Lol I could imagine that, put a cage out.

3 hours later.

you come and find 2 KBDS, 1 Jad, and 2 kalphite queens in it.

and you train them up :]

Axel
Cool, looks cool.

Charles
18-11-2006, 10:37 PM

Me and Conor were saying it'll be like as slow as Farming, set a trap and wait a few hours for a moster to fall for it and such.

Probably, yeah.
Personally..I believe that this new skill is too soon.

Rashelly
18-11-2006, 10:37 PM
You'd probably need equipment that you buy from a skill tutor, like you buy slayer equipment from slayer masters.
I hope it is like farming, I hope it takes effort, then every noob and his friend will be angry :D

RSTurbo
18-11-2006, 10:42 PM
You'd probably need equipment that you buy from a skill tutor, like you buy slayer equipment from slayer masters.
I hope it is like farming, I hope it takes effort, then every noob and his friend will be angry :D
I really do hope it's just like Farming.

T0M
18-11-2006, 10:43 PM
lol what can u do when u trap em kill em or train em as ur pet lol

Rashelly
18-11-2006, 10:45 PM
Well...Erm, I guess we'll find out on Monday/Tuesday...Doubt we could keep them as pets, but that would be cool

18-11-2006, 10:46 PM

Yep we were werent we lol

Rashelly
18-11-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm actually intrigued by what they're going to do with the stats page.
They could make the total level even smaller to fit into a small square...Or they might add a scroll bar...Not sure which is worst

Dan
18-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Will be a scroll bar most likely, and i hope it is like farming least that way it takes people longer to get 99 and they actually earn it and cant buy it :P

18-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Might add a [next] button
and you go onto page 2 of skills
N i dunno if i want this skill
I do n i dont i wish they`d have left it a little longer

Rashelly
18-11-2006, 10:53 PM
At first, i thought the same, but now I welcome it, it'll be...refreshing for a while, until I get bored of it.

T0M
18-11-2006, 10:53 PM
i would want it if we could keep em as pets :D i want a goblin

Dan
18-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Well it said somethin bout imp in a box so mebe we get a pet imp :P

T0M
18-11-2006, 10:57 PM
would b fun i like imps lol mayb they could protect u aswell

18-11-2006, 10:59 PM
I think imps will just be the beginning of things
Hopefully much better things can be caught

T0M
18-11-2006, 11:00 PM
maybe the higher u go the more u can get like goblins or dragons at like lvl 90 or bear or something

Mr.Sam
18-11-2006, 11:01 PM
i think the imp in a box will be the 99 emote :)

T0M
18-11-2006, 11:02 PM
mayb it will b

RSTurbo
18-11-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm actually intrigued by what they're going to do with the stats page.
They could make the total level even smaller to fit into a small square...Or they might add a scroll bar...Not sure which is worst
I think they're rather going to make it a scroll down or use the highlighted space as a 2nd stat page -

http://www.****************/uploads/9b9a6401d8.png

T0M
18-11-2006, 11:24 PM
yh tht seems reasonable

19-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Wonder what the emote will be like for 99 cape lol

Blue
19-11-2006, 12:11 AM
it said summit about it "complimenting" ranging so for some reason i'm thinking of the 'hunt' ability from FF

Ekalb
19-11-2006, 12:12 AM
Hmm, I'm not going to go too far into things because ill probably turn out wrong but usually they save the best/biggest updates until the last week of the month.
The next update will probably be the new imp, sheep and spider graphic designs.

So I think that'll be Tues 21st and Tues 28th will be new quest (Eagle's peak) and new skill (Hunting).

Players will need to complete Eagle's peak to 'learn' how to use the new skill, perhaps the main NPCs in this quest will be the people to buy hunting equipment from or carry out hunting tasks for.

I think Jagex will 'open' portals into many different worlds for hunting purposes only. Places like forests, rivers, caves, etc.
Perhaps you will need to hunt animals for; Horns/tusks, skin, furr, teeth, special items they may protect or simply hunt all the animals in an area to 'clean it'.

There are so many speculations about the new skill and what it could bring.

For some reason I hope we can get camoflauge cloaks and other nifty things like that. Or special bows with unique arrows that takes no range skill to use.
There will most likely be baits and traps but what happens to the creatures after they are caught is a mystery. Some people want them as pets, others speculate we will use their body parts or place them in Ardougne zoo for rewards. Capturing animals could lead to new types of transport too, dragons (Doubt it), horses (Possible but still doubt it), eagles (due to the name of the quest eagles seem to be related to it. Perhaps we could use eagles to fly stuff from us to our bank like butlers, or carry a note to a "hunting master" to tell them we need a new task/we have completed the task and fly back our reward)

It's really very interesting and I hope, with all this potential it doesn't dissapoint.

Taker
19-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Not sure how the hunter skill will fit into the stats screen, unless there is a scrollbar which will look totally ugly.

Youheard
19-11-2006, 09:05 AM
I am looking forward to it however it is sounding more and more like a skill with pretty much no use towards other skills. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Axel
19-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Will be a scroll bar most likely, and i hope it is like farming least that way it takes people longer to get 99 and they actually earn it and cant buy it :P

But bought skills are fun. :(

19-11-2006, 01:39 PM
I looking forward to it now iv flogged my rares :)

Havoc_Generator
19-11-2006, 02:28 PM
If a quest is based round the hunting skill maybe it like the quest you have to complete to start getting herblore up.

19-11-2006, 02:50 PM
If a quest is based round the hunting skill maybe it like the quest you have to complete to start getting herblore up.
I was just thinking that.

Panel-Host
19-11-2006, 03:35 PM
all i can say is i hope it comes out tomoro..

keep all rares they will go up in dew corse and r we doin the first to 70?

Imnotpure
19-11-2006, 03:37 PM

Those imps are too strong rach , you need a super cage worth 10B :P

I hoep it isnt a money stealer , would be a waste of a new skill

kooldude23
19-11-2006, 03:46 PM
I hope i can get a monkey in a cage. Will look good in my house. Alone.

19-11-2006, 07:47 PM
Ye if u can catch animals n store em in ur house itd be kwlio

Rashelly
19-11-2006, 09:28 PM
I don't think you'll have to complete the quest before you can do the skill, look at the choice of words Jagex used...

Will you be able to use your new-found skills to track him down?
I still think they'll be out tomorrow/tuesday.

Ekalb
20-11-2006, 05:00 AM
I don't think you'll have to complete the quest before you can do the skill, look at the choice of words Jagex used...

I still think they'll be out tomorrow/tuesday.

I tend to disagree.
I reckon itll be like the quest to introduce herblore to you.
I reckon the leaer of Ardougne hunters will tell you how to hunt and track and then you use that to find some guy and they are like
'OMGZ LOL U CAN JOIN DA ARDDY HUNTING FED N HUNT ALL DA AMINALZ WIF UZ"

As for when it comes out we'll just have to wait and see.

Rashelly
20-11-2006, 10:24 PM
You missed the point of my last post, if you look at the quote from the BHTS news, it says will you be able to use your NEW FOUND skill to track him down.
Meaning you'll already have the skill before the quest.
I think it'll come out tomorrow, the "update" today wasn't much of an update.

Ekalb
21-11-2006, 12:00 PM
You missed the point of my last post, if you look at the quote from the BHTS news, it says will you be able to use your NEW FOUND skill to track him down.
Meaning you'll already have the skill before the quest.
I think it'll come out tomorrow, the "update" today wasn't much of an update.

You were right. +rep for you.

Rashelly
21-11-2006, 08:46 PM
-Does the "I told you so" dance-
:D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!