PDA

View Full Version : Did you cry when you watch Titanic?

Dazzle
19-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Titanic, a film made in 1997 which features Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack, a poor boy who won a chance to go on the Titanic and Kate Winslet playing Rose. The film base on a real life event, which was very unfortunate. The giant ship The Titanic crashing into an ice berg and killing many people. You seriously must have seen it, if not nip to the local library or old video shop. :) Well the thing that I want to know is...

Did you cry when you watched Titanic?

cocaine
19-11-2006, 04:31 PM
No .

kasi
19-11-2006, 04:32 PM
no pmsl

hindu
no
i watched it a few weeks ago in history and most people laughed

Plank
no..........

Evescence
no
/moretext

Scriptermone
19-11-2006, 04:33 PM
No, I haven't watched it all, put it like this.

I've never cried in any film ever, i've been close to crying in some films, but yeah, never.

Kymux
no, i skip to the end and laugh when jack floats down and rose cries :)

london
Nope.
/longer

Dazzle
19-11-2006, 04:34 PM
I love seeing her blow the whistle... :'}

cocaine
19-11-2006, 04:35 PM
its funny when some guy falls down and he hits his head on the pole

i laughed at that bit

hindu
19-11-2006, 04:36 PM
i like it when some guy jumps and hits the propeller thing

velvet
19-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Yeah, but that was because i was generally upset at the time anyway.

Dazzle
We are so kind... :'}

Kymux
@paris

EWW I LOVE THAT BIT. the whole room cringes :)

NightSlayer
19-11-2006, 04:38 PM
Nah i said die already

alexxxxx
19-11-2006, 04:43 PM
never watched it. no lie. =]

Lycan
19-11-2006, 04:44 PM
;2560090']never watched it. no lie. =]

ditto

i've watched a version old version of it... and i've watched thumbtanic (a must watch)

massacre
19-11-2006, 04:53 PM
pmsl no?

i laughed :]

benjamin
19-11-2006, 04:55 PM
no lol

Axel
19-11-2006, 04:57 PM
No

Lmao @ last option

sarey
19-11-2006, 05:14 PM
No, my sister did but i didnt. :p I was just shouting shut up. ;]

Tash.
19-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Yeah I did.. but i'm a wuss so yeah. :rolleyes:

uh huh her
19-11-2006, 05:21 PM
nope, i just laughed.

benjamin
19-11-2006, 05:22 PM
i didn't laugh.. as it was a true story so it's kinda harsh.

but i didn't cry either.

Plank
19-11-2006, 05:26 PM
its annoyin when the music plays.. always brings a tear 2 my eye, i wouldnt call it crying.. like when a coat of water covers ur eyes like tht
ok i get it im sad..

English
19-11-2006, 05:56 PM
no
i watched it a few weeks ago in history and most people laughed
Harsh "/

no, i skip to the end and laugh when jack floats down and rose cries :)
What a big hard man you are, loser.

Nah i said die already
Again how hard you must be - moron.

pmsl no?

i laughed :]
Yeah cos it's really that funny "/ NOT. Go die.

No, my sister did but i didnt. :p I was just shouting shut up. ;]
Shouting shut up at a film, especially like Titanic? Real mature...

nope, i just laughed.
How nice of you.. "/

i didn't laugh.. as it was a true story so it's kinda harsh.

but i didn't cry either.
Well said Ben, glad someone has some morals

its annoyin when the music plays.. always brings a tear 2 my eye, i wouldnt call it crying.. like when a coat of water covers ur eyes like tht
ok i get it im sad..
Well done for owning up and not being fake and lying like half this forum, +rep.

laurenx
19-11-2006, 06:00 PM
nope, but it is sad.

Mentor
19-11-2006, 06:03 PM
naa, and i came near to the 4th option to, since the film was Very boreing in my opinion "/

Liz♥
19-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!
You lot have no hearts whoever said no!

vibrant
19-11-2006, 06:07 PM
Lol darren.

"just drown"

rofl. No i didnt.

Caution
19-11-2006, 06:09 PM
nah, i didn't..

Liz♥
19-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Lol darren.

"just drown"

rofl. No i didnt.

y lie????

Neversoft
19-11-2006, 06:44 PM
No, the film isnt even sad. I suggest you watch The Green Mile or The Bicentennial Man if you want to cry.

Mentor
19-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Harsh "/

What a big hard man you are, loser.

Again how hard you must be - moron.

Yeah cos it's really that funny "/ NOT. Go die.

Shouting shut up at a film, especially like Titanic? Real mature...

How nice of you.. "/

Well said Ben, glad someone has some morals

Well done for owning up and not being fake and lying like half this forum, +rep.
o.0 What morals do you refer to? and at what point did you decide that nearly everyone here was a lier? The Film isnt even that sad, and NO it its NOT a true story. The true part is, there was a boat called the titanic, It sank. Alot of people died.

The charicters are FICTONAL, includeing the woman recanting the story. Even the look of the titanic was changed. This is a fictonal story, not a true one, Theres about as much truth to it as there is any Rambo movie...
Most the events shown never happened.

English
19-11-2006, 07:15 PM
o.0 What morals do you refer to? and at what point did you decide that nearly everyone here was a lier? The Film isnt even that sad, and NO it its NOT a true story. The true part is, there was a boat called the titanic, It sank. Alot of people died.

The charicters are FICTONAL, includeing the woman recanting the story. Even the look of the titanic was changed. This is a fictonal story, not a true one, Theres about as much truth to it as there is any Rambo movie...
Most the events shown never happened.
As in laughing at people dying that died in real life, whether they wanna believe that or not. I didn't say everyone I said half the forum... I didn't say it's sad I just stated that people laughing at a film which portrays a real life event[whether it was real-like or not] in which hundreds of people died is stupid and harsh. Still the people died and forum members 'laughed' at this film - knowing that people died during it? How fair... And yes I put 'laughed' because how are we to know that they laughed at it? How are we to know they aren't trying to seem "cool" by saying that?

OmgitsAmanda
19-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Lol at you all saying no you didn't cry, well i'm going to be honest with you all.... Yes I did cry at the end of titanic.

Wayne
19-11-2006, 07:29 PM
No. (fsafsagasas)

Mentor
19-11-2006, 07:33 PM
As in laughing at people dying that died in real life, whether they wanna believe that or not. I didn't say everyone I said half the forum... I didn't say it's sad I just stated that people laughing at a film which portrays a real life event[whether it was real-like or not] in which hundreds of people died is stupid and harsh.
This didnt portray real life events, There was a boat called titanic, it sank, people died.
All the charicters in the film are fictonal, all the events you saw are fictonal. The titanic didnt sink in the way shown in the film. The lower class people were never locked down, The film is complete fiction, with a tie in to a real event. The film itself is laughable, Its a terribly made film, and historicaly is almsot compleaty inaccraute, the only real thing is the name of the boat.

Still the people died and forum members 'laughed' at this film - knowing that people died during it?
No one died dureing makeing this film, so no one died "in it" there lauging at the film, not the actual event. Big differnce. I laught a GTA to, i dont then laugh when someone gets knifed to death in real life... Reality and fiction are NOT the same.

How fair... And yes I put 'laughed' because how are we to know that they laughed at it? How are we to know they aren't trying to seem "cool" by saying that?
Who cairs if there trieing to seem cool, if they are then there pretty pathetic and they know that. Thats uneffected by what other people think.
My point is this film was CRAP, and laughing at it, switch off and asking for the charicter to bloody die already isnt hard to imagine doing. Its like AI, the movies so bad you just want the charicters dead.

Plank
19-11-2006, 07:36 PM
This didnt portray real life events, There was a boat called titanic, it sank, people died.
All the charicters in the film are fictonal, all the events you saw are fictonal. The titanic didnt sink in the way shown in the film. The lower class people were never locked down, The film is complete fiction, with a tie in to a real event. The film itself is laughable, Its a terribly made film, and historicaly is almsot compleaty inaccraute, the only real thing is the name of the boat.

No one died dureing makeing this film, so no one died "in it" there lauging at the film, not the actual event. Big differnce. I laught a GTA to, i dont then laugh when someone gets knifed to death in real life... Reality and fiction are NOT the same.

Who cairs if there trieing to seem cool, if they are then there pretty pathetic and they know that. Thats uneffected by what other people think.
My point is this film was CRAP, and laughing at it, switch off and asking for the charicter to bloody die already isnt hard to imagine doing. Its like AI, the movies so bad you just want the charicters dead.
i dont think the whole film is made up is it? there were people who lived and told us what happend..

Mentor
19-11-2006, 07:37 PM
i dont think the whole film is made up is it? there were people who lived and told us what happend..

There were, but None of them had anything to do with this film. Its complete fiction, threw and threw

English
19-11-2006, 07:39 PM

I didn't mean during the film, I mis-worded it. I meant that for this film to be - people died previously in 1912 on the Titanic. Yeah but this is specific, not some random person on a game. The fact that Titanic was based on reality sorta combines them....
I'm not saying the film was amazing but if your going to laugh at a film that's meant to be a sad story then why watch it?[Aimed at others, not you]

beer
19-11-2006, 07:43 PM
no. was boring tbh. apart from when they were in engine room i <3 steam engines me they rawk

Mentor
19-11-2006, 07:54 PM
I didn't mean during the film, I mis-worded it. I meant that for this film to be - people died previously in 1912 on the Titanic. Yeah but this is specific, not some random person on a game. The fact that Titanic was based on reality sorta combines them....
I'm not saying the film was amazing but if your going to laugh at a film that's meant to be a sad story then why watch it?[Aimed at others, not you]
The titanic movie really wasn't based on reality, the only reality in it, is 2 of the events mentioned happened. "A boat sank with the name of titanic" thats all the reality in the film.
The charicters were poor, and i had no attachment to them, i dont give a crap if they died or dident, and wished it just to get the film over with.
The only lives in the film were those of fictonal charicters, so laughing at there deaths has little meaning, the same way i can laugh at some of the deaths in scary movie's or scream (these are roughly equal to titanic in realism: scream - there realy are serial killers and they do kill people, makes the over the topic, stupid deaths no less funny.)
If i never watched the film, id never have known it was crap, so the fact i laugh at the cinamtrography empolied by the film, and the charicters and story line, has little to do with the people that died on the actual boat "/
Remeber, scream and titanic have about the same level of realism.
Titanic: There was a boat named titanic, it sank, peopled died
Scream: There really are serial killers, They do kill people, they have killed people.

Jaydin
20-11-2006, 04:11 AM
i always cry during sad movies . :[

hit-by-a-car
20-11-2006, 08:00 AM
yes, it was quite sad.

summer
20-11-2006, 08:01 AM
nah. i've never bothered watching it start -> finish either though. it doesn't really grip me.

Nightrose
20-11-2006, 08:03 AM
no lmao

benjamin
20-11-2006, 08:04 AM
nah. i've never bothered watching it start -> finish either though. it doesn't really grip me.
nor me, but we had to watch it in english.

:Hazel
20-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Yes I had a lump in my throat, I'm a softee really :[

louder
20-11-2006, 02:08 PM

I agree with Craig, although it may have been fictional.. It was what it represented, and it shouldn't have been laughed at, i'm sorry if my post doesn't make much sense as I suck at wording my sentences but I know what Craig means and I know what I mean.

And no, I didn't cry btw. But I certainly didn't laugh.

JamesRouale
20-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Titanic is a comedy from my perspective...

Charles
20-11-2006, 05:11 PM
I didn't cry when I first watched it. I was pretty young so I didn't really understand it all.

Gorgeous
20-11-2006, 05:29 PM
I cried a little not buckets of tears tho.

English
20-11-2006, 05:31 PM
You are a moron from my perspective...

-:Undertaker:-
20-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Err when I was younger I cried, although when I watch it now it makes me feel really sad about the people on board :(

louder
20-11-2006, 06:19 PM

Lmao@that!
Well done, +rep [:

Mentor
20-11-2006, 08:43 PM

In what sence? The film was relativly funny, in terms of laughing at as opposed to with, the horribly inaccurate portral's the casting and obviouse important of "stars" The Themems badly hacked around a few geniric conventions, and an attempt its melodramtic attempts to portray reality...
I mean, the film honstly sucked "/

liquid
20-11-2006, 08:45 PM
yeah i did, but i cry at like everything.

English
20-11-2006, 08:47 PM
In what sence? The film was relativly funny, in terms of laughing at as opposed to with, the horribly inaccurate portral's the casting and obviouse important of "stars" The Themems badly hacked around a few geniric conventions, and an attempt its melodramtic attempts to portray reality...
I mean, the film honstly sucked "/
In the sense that the film wasn't a comedy, and clearly wasn't meant to be. Whether it was a bad portrayal of the events that happened it still is none-the-less not a comedy and blatently isn't meant to be. If in your opinion it sucked, it still doesn't make it a comedy and pretty much everyone with a few brain cells here and there know it's not...

hindu
20-11-2006, 08:51 PM
"///////

womanizer
20-11-2006, 09:02 PM
No :l

Twinkie
25-11-2006, 07:40 AM
No, I didn't. I actually thought the film was quite cheesy. I can't comprehend how that film made a lot of money.

Mentor
25-11-2006, 03:07 PM
In the sense that the film wasn't a comedy, and clearly wasn't meant to be. Whether it was a bad portrayal of the events that happened it still is none-the-less not a comedy and blatently isn't meant to be. If in your opinion it sucked, it still doesn't make it a comedy and pretty much everyone with a few brain cells here and there know it's not...
And everyone else here with more than your few brain cells, knows that it doesnt need to aim to be funny, to turn out funny in the end. The pure rediculsness and cheesyness of situations did all that for them. The Blaintent disregaud for any use of reality or realsim within the film, the melodramtic theming?

The complety unrealistic and VERY dergoative actions taken by the shipos crew, most of which Died trying to save the passengers, and didnt take any seats in lifeboats, other than the few crew needed to guide them. Yet in the film there sitting there locking people down below to drown.... Yet you dont find that offencive in anyway??

English
26-11-2006, 05:56 PM
And everyone else here with more than your few brain cells, knows that it doesnt need to aim to be funny, to turn out funny in the end. The pure rediculsness and cheesyness of situations did all that for them. The Blaintent disregaud for any use of reality or realsim within the film, the melodramtic theming?

The complety unrealistic and VERY dergoative actions taken by the shipos crew, most of which Died trying to save the passengers, and didnt take any seats in lifeboats, other than the few crew needed to guide them. Yet in the film there sitting there locking people down below to drown.... Yet you dont find that offencive in anyway??
More than my few brain cells? That appears to be a poor comeback which didn't really acheive anything "/ It didn't aim to be funny and didn't appear to be funny, like 95% of people who have seen the film can tell you that. Ofcourse there's the minority of losers/disrespectful/and other people who just laughed for no reason "/ That blatent disregard for realism in the film? Hello what's not so real about situations portrayed on the Titanic? Can you tell me what exactly would happen based on that situation?
I bet plenty of crew-members would rather die saving passengers than stay alive/even die a selfish man. However there are alot of selfish people in this world who only think of themselves. Just because they locked people down below to drown doesnt make the situation of people dying any less and laughing at it.

Mentor
26-11-2006, 06:29 PM
More than my few brain cells? That appears to be a poor comeback which didn't really acheive anything "/ It didn't aim to be funny and didn't appear to be funny, like 95% of people who have seen the film can tell you that.
Someone slipping on a banana peal (unless there a clown) doesnt aim to be funny, doesnt change whether it actualy is or not.

Of course there's the minority of losers/disrespectful/and other people who just laughed for no reason "/ That blatent disregard for realism in the film?
Realism? what film were you watching?

Hello what's not so real about situations portrayed on the Titanic? Can you tell me what exactly would happen based on that situation?
Well unlike the film, the titanic didnt actualy have a double hull, and its bulkheads were only 3 meters above the water level, (aka they were not water tight as they are today) So there was no bursting threw of bulkheads, water simply overflowed them.
The titanic had no real warning sytsem, so many people were unaware the ship was sinking, and most the panicing never happened. In the day men were obligiated to let the women and children bored the life boats, and sacrifve themselves (not shown in the film) The crew also went down with the ship, insted of locking people below to drown, while in reality they all sacrived the lifes to save them. Yet you call people who laugh at the film disrespectful, not the people who portray people who sacrivsed there lifes as murders?

Interesting morality there.

The Classic steriotypical hollywood relationship, and the behavoral trends did not fit with the time period in the slighest, and are things that simply would not have happeed in the socal contexted, The class devide was pretty much ignored, even futuramas parody did a better job of exspressing this than the titanic film.

I bet plenty of crew-members would rather die saving passengers than stay alive/even die a selfish man. However there are alot of selfish people in this world who only think of themselves. Just because they locked people down below to drown doesnt make the situation of people dying any less and laughing at it. SO you dont think portraying people who sacrivided there lifes as murders is disrespectful?
So if someone makes a 9/11 film where the firemen and police are locking people in the building you wouldnt find that at all disrepectful ether? Since thats exsacty what happening in this film isnt it?
Yet youd be fully in support of it o.0

Becuse thats what youve just been saying. So i would really suggest you dont attempt to use a " being respectful" defence in context with the truely appualing film.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!