PDA

View Full Version : i feel so bad for my friend..

infatuation
19-11-2006, 08:16 PM
her name is chelsea.
she's only 12- 13 in january.
she's like, the nicest person you could meet.
i've known her for 9 years.
she just told me her parents are breaking up/divorcing, the likes..
i feel terrible for her.
not to be a labeler or anything; but i don't know if she's a trend follower or what, but she just went emo.. which could involve cutting her wrists.
ughhh. i don't know what to do.
IDEEAZ?

Mentor
19-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Well from a detached prospective, since her parents are devorceing, its most likly shes doing it for attention, her parents attentions, Everyone deals with stuff in there own way, and this is quite a common one "/
I know quite a few people with devorce parents, most of them are ok with it, and have no emo or other trend following tendancys "/
Just becuse shes trying to get attention from dressing difernetly, in this case emo, doesnt mean shes going to start cutting her wrists or be particaly depressed or anything, My advice would be just act normal around her, since as a person she probably wont have changed at all "/

Axel
19-11-2006, 08:41 PM
She's a bit crazy if she wants to wrist slit because her parents split up....

vibrant
19-11-2006, 08:42 PM
aaw :[

Just speak to her, and tell her that you'll be there for her if she needs someone to speak to?

Fonejacker
20-11-2006, 10:56 AM
kick her?

Nixt (Forum Moderator) Please only post if you are going to do so constructively.

∙Matthew∙
20-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Right now more than ever she'll needs friends. Just, you know, act friendly around her, act as if nothing is happening, but try to stop her from slitting her wrists. I mean, say somthing like,slitting your wrists isn't going to help your parents get back together, and it's not helping your body either. Also, if she's 11-12 she might think it's hher fault that her parents are breaking up. Try to encourage her, make her feel like she's needed. You look like a good friend, I know you can do wonders. :D

:Hazel
20-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Try to talk to her and bring her out of her shell. She will feel better if she can open up to someone. Just tell her you are there for her etc. and that everything will be ok. Also point out the amount of people's parents that do spilt up nowadays and have to get through it, its a common thing.

Charlie
20-11-2006, 01:03 PM

kick her?

If you haven't got anything nice to say, or no proper advice to give, don't post at all.

Anyway, the best thing to do, is talk to her, try and help her with her problem so she doesn't cut herself. Just, be there for her and try her hard because she's obivously going through a rough time at the moment.

infatuation
21-11-2006, 01:41 AM
her name is chelsea.
she's only 12- 13 in january.
she's like, the nicest person you could meet.
i've known her for 9 years.
she just told me her parents are breaking up/divorcing, the likes..
i feel terrible for her.
not to be a labeler or anything; but i don't know if she's a trend follower or what, but she just went emo.. which could involve cutting her wrists.
ughhh. i don't know what to do.
IDEEAZ?
mmkay, i guess i didn't make my point good enough.
i said she might go emo, not that she is.
i just feel so terrible for her, shes like my bff. forever.
and i'd hate to lose her.

Well from a detached prospective, since her parents are devorceing, its most likly shes doing it for attention, her parents attentions, Everyone deals with stuff in there own way, and this is quite a common one "/
I know quite a few people with devorce parents, most of them are ok with it, and have no emo or other trend following tendancys "/
Just becuse shes trying to get attention from dressing difernetly, in this case emo, doesnt mean shes going to start cutting her wrists or be particaly depressed or anything, My advice would be just act normal around her, since as a person she probably wont have changed at all "/
i'll try to act normal. we did okay today.
she wasn't as happy as usual though.

yeah um no positive advice;? leave thankss. <3

aaw :[

Just speak to her, and tell her that you'll be there for her if she needs someone to speak to?
yeah, i try to. alot. but she just shoves me away for like a friend she hardly knows.

kick her?

Nixt (Forum Moderator) Please only post if you are going to do so constructively.
you're a jerk.

Right now more than ever she'll needs friends. Just, you know, act friendly around her, act as if nothing is happening, but try to stop her from slitting her wrists. I mean, say somthing like,slitting your wrists isn't going to help your parents get back together, and it's not helping your body either. Also, if she's 11-12 she might think it's hher fault that her parents are breaking up. Try to encourage her, make her feel like she's needed. You look like a good friend, I know you can do wonders. :D
LOL thanks you're a dollface really.
i'm going to try.
she hasn't started yet, but she was marking on her hand how many times people called her emo. she got about 30, and then stopped.
she's 13. and yeah, maybe she does.
i try to make her feel needed, i invite her places and everywhere.

Try to talk to her and bring her out of her shell. She will feel better if she can open up to someone. Just tell her you are there for her etc. and that everything will be ok. Also point out the amount of people's parents that do spilt up nowadays and have to get through it, its a common thing.yeah but the prob is she probably doesn't want to open up.
to me anyways. yeah i'm going to rally up like all my friends that have been split us with parents.. and they could talk to her about it.

If you haven't got anything nice to say, or no proper advice to give, don't post at all.

Anyway, the best thing to do, is talk to her, try and help her with her problem so she doesn't cut herself. Just, be there for her and try her hard because she's obivously going through a rough time at the moment.
yeah, she is. really rough. she was like waterworks on saturday and sunday. it was terrible. i felt really bad.

thanks for the advice everyone.

:::DAREDEVIL:::
21-11-2006, 02:12 AM
Talk to her about it, Maybe she can talk to her parents about why the left and that shes really sad about it. She can also visit them both whenever. Its not exactly a thing to get emo over, My parents divorced when i was 3 but my dad still calls, I visit him sometimes to

hindu
21-11-2006, 08:58 PM
cheer her up - she would like it.

PaintYourTarget
21-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Tbh, my parents splitting up was a good thing.
It's a change at first, but you learn to deal with it.
She'll appreciate both parents alot more and it's always nice to escape to the others house when life is treating you bad at home.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!