PDA

View Full Version : Deep [Short Story]

Pompous-User
20-11-2006, 07:51 PM
SLAM!
My fragile, limp body fell to the ground with a thud. From the moment my fingertips touched the surface of the mud beneath me, I knew nothing was beautiful anymore. My senses weaken and I can feel the duvet of darkness cover me. How does one find it such a satisfaction to murder another? ..Is a question that I normally ask myself when I come close to a near-death situation, but this time, I am there.

I can feel the poison I was injected with earlier brim through my veins with fury. I could feel my entire body relax, but I was still here. Above me, was the face of the very man that shadowed a dark cloud of darkness.

"Do you know who I am?" whispered the man, the lines of his face emphasised an agression only he could control.

I couldn't speak. My mouth had gone numb. Was it the shock, that I knew I would be dead within the next five minutes, or was it the fact my brain did not want me to speak to such a man?
With all the sight I had, I watched the man withdraw his sword, he moved the sharp point above my heart and began to speak with his harsh, rusty voice.
"I said, do you know who I am?"
I shook my head lazily, the poison had began to tighten the muscles on my neck. The man above me laughed heavily, spray of phlegm landed onto my face.
"I am The Devil." said the man. I laughed instantly, a mortal being should never claim to be the lord of Hell.
"Y-you a-re below The Devil!" I panted, as I felt the poison seep into my organs. There was and eerie silence, the silence you normally hear before death. The buzz of silence travelled in out of my ears, the blood in my eyes rushed in every direction, my breath quickened as I felt death grab a hold of me. With one quick thrust, the sword was inside my heart. The contents of the poison oosed out, but my body had grown numb to feel anything.
My death didn't come as quickly as I expected. Death is a fickle thing to those whom deserve. I have done wrong therefore I suffer a slow death.

I could hear the man walk away from me which calmed me down. I wanted to die alone, If my spirit was cast from my body near that man I will never rest.

Now, I can feel it coming. My ears blocked out the sound completely, my body has become limper than before and my heart pounded extra hard with the last of its beats. Such a strong heart I must have to keep it beating those extra seconds after being brutally stabbed in the area.
I felt the muscles in my lungs gag for air as the oxygen became short. My brain was shutting down already, for now I must say goodbye to the knowledge and memories I have experienced. With the little strength I had, I clenched my fist with fear. A fear which I did not feel because my heart was slowing it's pace. I kept my eyes wide open, so I will remember the beauties of Earth, but as my heart continues to slow, so does brain, so does my body, so does my senses. I can feel it, it's here, I can feel the deathly presense laying on my body like a depressing weight. To feel the last pleasure of breathing, I breathed in once more and as I slowly relaxed my lungs for rest, I scanned the sky one last time. My heart stopped. The beautiful shade of blue in the sky dimmed to grey, then the grey turned to black.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!