PDA

View Full Version : Did you know thread

kooldude23
20-11-2006, 08:39 PM
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread with usefull tips about that game that some player might not know about.
Let me start.

Did u know that you can note the farmers payment for looking over crops? This helps saves inventory space and time!

Did you know that pressing Ctrl in most cases makes you run without turning run on ?

Did you know you can bury bones during combat without slowing down the time between attacks? If it's a fast attacking weapon you need to wait for the burying animation to finish or be attacked (knocking you out of burying animation) before the game lets you swing again. This works for potting up as well but not for eating (sara brews ftw!)

When enchanting lyre (which teleports you to rellekka) you can use a raw bass instead of using a raw shark , seaturtle, or manta ray when wearing a ring of charos (u). This saves sharks and helps lower level fishermen to be albe to enchant lyre. You obtain lyre doing the quest the fermennick trails. Ring of charos obtain during the creature of frenkenstrain, and the ring is unlocked(u) during the garden of tranquility quest.

:[
20-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Did you know tele tablets
Make a cool animation where you get sucked into the ground.

Charles
20-11-2006, 08:44 PM
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread with usefull tips about that game that some player might not know about.
Let me start.

Did u know that you can note the farmers payment for looking over crops? This helps saves inventory space and time!

Did you know that pressing Ctrl in most cases makes you run without turning run on ?

Did you know you can bury bones during combat without slowing down the time between attacks? If it's a fast attacking weapon you need to wait for the burying animation to finish or be attacked (knocking you out of burying animation) before the game lets you swing again. This works for potting up as well but not for eating (sara brews ftw!)

When enchanting lyre (which teleports you to rellekka) you can use a raw bass instead of using a raw shark , seaturtle, or manta ray when wearing a ring of charos (u). This saves sharks and helps lower level fishermen to be albe to enchant lyre. You obtain lyre doing the quest the fermennick trails. Ring of charos obtain during the creature of frenkenstrain, and the ring is unlocked(u) during the garden of tranquility quest.

I never knew that! I don't have any 'did you know' things :(

20-11-2006, 08:47 PM
I never knew that either charles.
Did you know instead of niles just noting your items if u don`t respond to him
he also teles you to a random place (usually white wolf mountain)

kooldude23
20-11-2006, 08:47 PM
I never knew that!
Thats the reason i made the thread. ;)

20-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Did you know if you log out during being attacked by a random event
they stop attacking you and just wonder around.

kooldude23
20-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Did you know to get a kittin of the colour of your choice wear ring of choas (u) while taking to getrude. This way you can have any colour cat you like.

Did you know that when managing your kingdom, if you put 100% into maple logs you will get tons of bird's nest which have nice things like tree seeds.

If you need to search a bookcase for a quest, the bookcase that has the book you need in it is darker than all the others.

Dan
20-11-2006, 08:59 PM
I never knew bout the farming one, thats a big help :P i dont know any facts tho

icankeylog
20-11-2006, 09:01 PM
what do u mean by manage ur kingdon

Charles
20-11-2006, 09:07 PM
what do u mean by manage ur kingdon
If you've done the 'Throne of Miscellania' quest, you'll understand.

Did you know that if you have any prayer on while having any guide open, your prayer won't drain.

20-11-2006, 09:09 PM
O.o realy charles ??
Thats cool

kooldude23
20-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Did you know that at barrows Verac now hits through prayer........Watch out =)

Did you know that the Guthixian mace from pest control can Autocast the god spell "claws of Guthix"?

Did you know that a poison chalice can randomly raise your crafting lvl by 1, but it can also do other random things, such as hit you for 49 hp ?

Did you know an agressive monster will not attack you if your double his cmbt +1.

20-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Did you know that at barrows Verac now hits through prayer........Watch out =)

Did you know that the Guthixian mace from pest control can Autocast the god spell "claws of Guthix"?

Did you know that a poison chalice can randomly raise your crafting lvl by 1, but it can also do other random things, such as hit you for 49 hp ?

Did you know an agressive monster will not attack you if your double his cmbt +1.
How you get one of them ?

kooldude23
20-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Talk to the dude by the coal trucks, west of seers.

ssricky
20-11-2006, 09:56 PM
did you know

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5936/iknewitcr2.png

kooldude23
20-11-2006, 10:10 PM
did you know

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5936/iknewitcr2.png
HAHAHA.

Did you know that skirts weigh less then platelegs, but give the same defense bonus ?

Did you know that wine is the third best PKing food for Rangers and Mages, as it heals 11 hp, and gives -2 attack, but since you are maging or ranging, it doesn't matter, AND you can drink Wine faster then you can eat a lobster or swordfish.

Did you know normal wizards drop laws, natures, chaos, etc, just as often as Dark Wizards, and are found in the wizard tower, with an average of 0 people there.

Did you know Banshees can drop D Med's ?

Youheard
20-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Did you know chaos druid's drop half shields?

Most people probably dd but you never know.

kooldude23
20-11-2006, 10:21 PM
These are from a Tip.IT Times article.

Did You Know...

...that the best place to get flour is the sinclair mansion north of seers/camelot? There is a barrel full of flour, and you can take an infinite amount of it out, as long as you have empty pots. Useful for low-level cooking. (Thank Marcin117!)

...that if you want to run for only a quick amount of time but don't want to go through the menu and hit the run button, you can press and hold down the CTRL key for as long as you want to run? (Thanks Mr_Hyde1218!)

...The gem drop ratio from any monster is 720 sapphires, 360 emeralds, 160 rubies, 80 diamonds, 40 half keys for one left half dragon square shield. This is a simple geometric series where each next item is half as common as the one before, except the shield which is 40 times rarer than a half key. (Thanks lovh0)

... that Monster armour differences are far greater than players'? While a player in full plate armour may have only a very slight vulnerability to a crushing attack, the monster in full plate armour (and by ‘monster' we mean anything attackable, so a Paladin or a White Knight would fit) would have a much greater vulnerability. For example, Ice Warriors have very good armour against both stabbing and slashing but a player using a crushing weapon will cut through them like a machete through grass.(Thanks lovh0!)

......that climbing boots gives you a strength bonus of 2? I think thats the coolest thing. A cheap boot you can helps your combat attack. I think its the only boot in the game that gives a strength bonus.You get the boots from the the Troll Stronghold area. You remember these right? He sells them for under 100gp each, and you can buy as many as you want. They come in melee-handy when you don't need the defense and could use the extra umph. (Thanks Leesters!)

... that Monster armour differences are far greater than players'? While a player in full plate armour may have only a very slight vulnerability to a crushing attack, the monster in full plate armour (and by ‘monster' we mean anything attackable, so a Paladin or a White Knight would fit) would have a much greater vulnerability. For example, Ice Warriors have very good armour against both stabbing and slashing but a player using a crushing weapon will cut through them like a machete through grass.(Thanks lovh0!)

......that climbing boots gives you a strength bonus of 2? I think thats the coolest thing. A cheap boot you can helps your combat attack. I think its the only boot in the game that gives a strength bonus.You get the boots from the the Troll Stronghold area. You remember these right? He sells them for under 100gp each, and you can buy as many as you want. They come in melee-handy when you don't need the defense and could use the extra umph. (Thanks Leesters!)

...that if you don't have a fire cape (from Fight Caves) then the God capes (from Mage Arena) are the best in defence in magic giving a massive 10 defence. They are also easier to obtain than legends capes, which only gives 7 magic defence bonus. (Thanks weasel)

RSTurbo
20-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Did you know that Kooldude23 stole all them from Clan Forums?

I never knew that Farming one though.

kooldude23
20-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Not all of them and it isnt stealing.

Rashelly
20-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Did you know that there's a brand new runescape forum coming soon?
-points to sig-

Freakish
20-11-2006, 11:14 PM
did you know while using the CTRL thingy on teh keyboard you cannot like minimize runescape if your presing it.

Buzle
20-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Woah!
I didnt know any of these ;o

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!