PDA

View Full Version : Habbo On eBay - What do you think?

.:TeamAmerica:.
23-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Now a days, if you search the phrase Habbo on ebay, you get atleast 10 results.
What do you think about Habbo's selling furni on eBay?

Good idea or bad idea?

Personally, I think it is a bad idea. You agreed to the terms and conditions on the site, so you gotta stick by them :)

Warning! Selling items of furni is AGAINST the Habbo Way. Doing so could result in a permanent IP ban from the site. Please do not sell your Habbo items on eBay.

Please note, this is a discussion thread, selling furni for money is against the habbo way and also against habbox forum rules. Please do not post that you buy or sell furni for money, but stick to the debate. (fitcovboy)

Re101
23-11-2006, 06:31 PM
I think its rather silly, i dont blame people for trying to sell it but people buying it are a bit silly in my opinion.

fitcovboy
23-11-2006, 06:37 PM
It is against the habbo way! Also a certain member from the London Sulake office is in close contact with eBay, anybody that advertises furni on eBay has their details passed to Sulake, including IP address ect. Also the auctions are being closed before they complete.

23-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Also the auctions are being closed before they complete.

Good point!
I also dont get this, when some people put an item up, the say "free joke"

Does anyone know aht this is about?

I would say is that the joke is you dont get your furni :P

-Justin
23-11-2006, 06:53 PM
They do it so you pay for the joke but get the furni as a gift. Like i pay 36 85 for a joke then get fourteen dinos. as a gift.

Posts sorted fitcovboy.

23-11-2006, 06:59 PM
It is against the habbo way! Also a certain member from the London Sulake office is in close contact with eBay, anybody that advertises furni on eBay has their details passed to Sulake, including IP address ect. Also the auctions are being closed before they complete.

They do it so you pay for the joke but get the furni as a gift. Like i pay 36 85 for a joke then get fourteen dinos. as a gift.

Wow, I never accualyl caught onto that. Its a good away to avoid it, but surely they get removed.

letisix
23-11-2006, 06:59 PM
I hate people like that. Who sell em and don't give ya furni

Re101
23-11-2006, 07:06 PM
I hate people like that. Who sell em and don't give ya furni
If that happens report it to ebay ;)

fitcovboy
23-11-2006, 07:08 PM
If that happens report it to ebay ;)

If they are buying a 'joke' then there is nothing to report!

Samster
23-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Wow, I never accualyl caught onto that. Its a good away to avoid it, but surely they get removed.

Course not, ebay or habbo cant stop that

I sell on ebay as well with habbo stuff sometimes,never gets shutdown

Simplicated
23-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Lol its a disclaimer a way to get around it, its clever in a way...

the most common one is they say "you are paying for the time it takes me to deliver the furni" the thrones are simply a free gift, but everyone knows they are selling the furni, there is nothing you can do about it, there is always a way around everything.

For example its legal to sell cannabis seeds in shops in the UK but to germinate/grow them is extremely illegal and you can go to prison for posession, production, and supplying which is a long time but the way they get around that is they say the sell the seeds as souveniers(sp) but everyone knows the people who buy them are growing it, lol only example i could think of...

If you think about it people pay with their own money for their furni so in my opinion they should be allowed to get it back if they want to by selling their furni, i know it states in T&C that the furni you buy doesnt actually belong to you it belongs to sulake but whats the point in paying money for something that doesnt even belong to you? its stupid imo.

fitcovboy
23-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Lol its a disclaimer a way to get around it, its clever in a way...

the most common one is they say "you are paying for the time it takes me to deliver the furni" the thrones are simply a free gift, but everyone knows they are selling the furni, there is nothing you can do about it, there is always a way around everything.

For example its legal to sell cannabis seeds in shops in the UK but to germinate/grow them is extremely illegal and you can go to prison for posession, production, and supplying which is a long time but the way they get around that is they say the sell the seeds as souveniers(sp) but everyone knows the people who buy them are growing it, lol only example i could think of...

If you think about it people pay with their own money for their furni so in my opinion they should be allowed to get it back if they want to by selling their furni, i know it states in T&C that the furni you buy doesnt actually belong to you it belongs to sulake but whats the point in paying money for something that doesnt even belong to you? its stupid imo.

Yes it is pointless paying for pixels you will never own, but Sulake make millions from doing it and will continue to do so, the point is if they allowed the sales of furni, it would directly affect their profits, hence they are so set against it, habbo is an E-Business, there purely for profit.

23-11-2006, 07:30 PM

Its stupid in a way. You wouldn't go into a shop, hand over £500 for a computer and not allowed to sell it on. :s

Btw, what does imo mean?

-:Undertaker:-
23-11-2006, 07:32 PM
I find it sad that Sulake spend time trying to get people who are just selling pixels when they should be helping the people who have been hacked.

Callum.
23-11-2006, 07:34 PM
I used to sell furni.

Made around £200-£300 from it.

I bought thrones for £10 and sold HC's for £1 each, back when they were £1 each on eBay.

fitcovboy
23-11-2006, 07:36 PM
I find it sad that Sulake spend time trying to get people who are just selling pixels when they should be helping the people who have been hacked.

They are not interested in people getting 'hacked' they are interest in profits, there customer relations suck, look at the emails i recieved from Emma, this would make a good debate thread to be stickied, however it would need a re-vamp as currently it encourages people to post that they sell furni for money.

Sulake staff read these forums, it is also against the forum regulations to imply you 'sell' furni.

Hopeless
23-11-2006, 07:36 PM
It you look at them hardly any of them have any pictures. Most of them are scams. Plus its against the habbo way to buy them. Ebay has some connections with sulake and any habbo trading for money will be reported and the sale won't be carried out.

Same thing happens for runescape. Most of them are scams as they advertise the sme print screens :P

23-11-2006, 07:45 PM
I think their customer relations are quite good. I personaly think this as I get replies to my e-mails and they are quite helpful. I am caught up about selling on ebay, i do no buy or sell on eBay, but as for other people, we have payed money
for these items, and if you bought something in real life, you would be able to sell it via services like eBay, I do not see why you should not be allowed to sell your Habbo items. There should maby be strictor restrictions on it if they are selling (transactions monotered by Sulake etc).
But anyone who is reading this, I would not reccomend buying OR selling.

reindeer.
23-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Tbh, aren't Sulake and their staff making enough money already by sitting on their ***** and doing nothing all day and making maintenance breaks?

Lost_Witness: AMGZ!!1111 we losted like 10poundzzzz on a thr0neeee
Sulake: Omgggg. YEAH LETS TRASH THE DUDE!!11

Simplicated
23-11-2006, 08:16 PM
imo means in my opinion :)

Simplicated
23-11-2006, 08:18 PM
It you look at them hardly any of them have any pictures. Most of them are scams. Plus its against the habbo way to buy them. Ebay has some connections with sulake and any habbo trading for money will be reported and the sale won't be carried out.

Same thing happens for runescape. Most of them are scams as they advertise the sme print screens :P

i doubt it the pictures means nothing look at their feedback, some of them are 100% positive and i doubt they would risk that over some furni because no one would buy anything from them ever again

Samster
23-11-2006, 09:19 PM

Speaking for myself, Ebay is much more important then scamming a few pixels on habbo-I wouldn't risk my over a hundred feedback for a little scam

Simplicated
23-11-2006, 10:58 PM
ditto :) scamming what £10 - £100 from furni? whats the point when you could sell much more on ebay lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!