PDA

View Full Version : What a well spent "black friday"

Billay
24-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Well in America, black friday is the day after thanks giving where everybody suddenly forgets thanksgiving and moves onto the next holiday CHRISTMAS!

It has nothing to do with racial discrimination/racism. "Black" was just slang in the olden days where store owners would usually be in debt also called "red", but when "black friday" strolls along they get out of debt because of everyone shopping.

its almost become a holiday because everyone round here leaves their house around 6 in the morning just to go shopping!

Black firday isnt exactly easy either. traffic jams galore, 100+ people waiting in line for the cash register, and car accidents (occaisonally) We had a few police officers directing traffic today outside of best buy...

Wellllll,,,,, today coincidently just also happens to be the day EB Games (game store) happens to get their next stock of Wiis in. Me and my dad (can't drive) decided to wake up at 5:00 (EARLY!!!) and wait until the store opens at 7. We got there at 5:30. and there was about 15 (not everyone was buying one) people in line, some waiting under blankets. I felt slightly confident I was going to get one being the 12/13th person in line. more people showed up making me feel a little better. I was playing my PSP for a few hours until the store manager walks outside and says they only have 8 Wiis!!!!!!!!! I was so TICKED! All the research and calling and waiting i did. didn't pay off. I guess I gotta wait 2 weeks after I get back from my vacation, until I buy one, pretty much christmas time.

We went to a few other store, but since it was 7 most lines were long and I had no chance of seeing one.

I'm home now spending my rest of the day feeling sad and sorry.

a well spent "black friday" eh?

Homesrfan
24-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Aww, that sucks.
I really hope I get my Wii before Christmas. I hear places get more Wiis every Sunday.

Billay
24-11-2006, 04:59 PM
heard that too.

thanks for the reply

Shox
25-11-2006, 03:00 AM
i hope o get 1

Billay
25-11-2006, 04:36 AM
dont we all?

boyslikegirls
25-11-2006, 05:02 AM
i dont understand why people have the wii and stuff imediatly.
cant you just wait until december or january?
it wont kill you.
plus theres normally sales after christmas.

tekni
25-11-2006, 09:25 AM
/me doesn't want a Wii because imo they are the most un-professional console out there.

But, bad luck - it's not the end of the world :)

Bear-Max
25-11-2006, 10:30 AM
/me doesn't want a Wii because imo they are the most un-professional console out there.

But, bad luck - it's not the end of the world :)
So not having amazing graphics makes it unprofessional?

Billay
25-11-2006, 05:43 PM
So not having amazing graphics makes it unprofessional?

he never stated anything about the graphics, you dont need to assume.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!