PDA

View Full Version : Who want's to help.

Jae
25-11-2006, 08:10 PM
I'm putting together a team of expert coders to help make a browser-based game.Potential profits for long-term staff.As a premium version will be available for players.Ok down to buisness, i need a team of 4 PHP coders, 2 XHTML coders, and 2 graphics designers.

PHP Coders:

Requirements:

- Advanced PHP and mySQL knowledge
- Past experience
- Able to meet deadlines and work well with a team
- Able to communicate well despite differences/disagreements
- Able to work to a deadline
- Able to produce up to standard code under pressure
- Must be online at least 2 - 3 hours per day
- Must have PayPal
- Must be able to show a sample of your work

If you think this is you, simply PM me your MSN, name, age, and a link to your work/portfolio

XHMTL Coders

Requirements:

- Advanced XHTML knowledge (CSS knoledge being a advantage)
- Past experience
- Able to produce up to standard code under pressure
- Must have PayPal

If you think this is you, simply PM me your MSN, name, age, and a link to your work/portfolio

Graphics designers

Requirements:

- Advanced rendering and shading knowledge
- Advanced PhotoShop or other tool knowledge
- Past experience
- Able to produce up to standard graphics under pressure
- Must have PayPal

Payment:

When the site is running and people start buying membership, your salary will be discussed.We will discuss this at a later date.

Please only post if you wan't to join us, or you would like to comment.

Luckyrare
25-11-2006, 08:15 PM
I am guessing this is a text based game yes?

What are the objective(s) of the game?

Jae
25-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Yes this is a text based game, the game will be based on a mafia, like the godfather.The objectives are too gain, money, respect, and to destroy any who dare to cross you.

EDIT: Missions may be added, and in game tournaments etc etc

RYANNNNN
25-11-2006, 08:24 PM
What exactly will you be doing?

Jae
25-11-2006, 08:28 PM
What exactly will you be doing?

I will fun the site, manage deadlines, manage the team.Assure things are brought together and handle recruiting, and I will manage the whole production of the game.

Basically, i'm going to be the one who brings it all together.

RYANNNNN
25-11-2006, 08:36 PM
lol, so you do 0 coding.

Bomb-Head
25-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Ryan, whats your problem?

He didnt say he will be doing any coding, so does it really matter - he will be doing other things.

Jae
25-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Not at the moment, not PHP wise.I will work with the HTML team, but i will be managing and doing market research mostly.

I'm not trying to get somthing for nothing here, working with MMORPG's is what i wan't to do for my career, so i thourght i'd start now.

EDIT: Thanks Bomb-Head :)

:Blobbed
25-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Is this a bit like www.podtown.com but better graphics etc (web based where u get points etc)

Jae
25-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Its going to be like www.drugrunners.net lol minus the drugs.

Mentor
25-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Just as a query how would someone use xhtml without css? since other than css theres no way you can really format the xhtml page?
Secondly how do you plan to allow the teams to work together, since you cant have diffent people write diffent parts and then exspect them to work together? unless somoene has already contrscuted a central set of functions and database arcutecture, which can be done unless you have planned out what the core functions are and what exsactly needs to be stored in the differnt dbs? and you would need the php to be able to generate any xhtml output, so the xhtml coders couldnt do much unless they already knew php, and the php wouldnt do anything that would display visualy unless ether the php coders did the html to start with?
So youd really need a very detailed specifcation if you want to use any number of people working together on a system "/

Jae
25-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Wow...... Would you like to help, you obviously know your stuff....

EDIT: When i said working together, i meant, the HTML people coded the template and added in the content.The PHP people made the game engine for the HTML people to skin.The graphics team to make buttons, graphics templates etc etc

RNelson
25-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Kool i may host it ;o

Jae
25-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Great just need a team...

*Cough* Hint *Cough*

redtom
25-11-2006, 09:35 PM
First of all, what would be the point of the game with out a reward, and by reward I mean a CASH reward of 100s plus. With out a reward people will just move on to other text based games and try and win the reward there. So say you can meet the sum for the reward, you can now have extras in the game what people can pay for, and you can make money. YAY I hear you shout.

But what would make your game different to other online games? there already loads out there covering most themes, from nightclubs to mafias, pimps to space wars, there all out there most with rewards of $3000

So now you know that you won’t be able to proved a good reward, lets move on to graphics. As it’s a text based game there’s not that much graphics needed in the game is there? Wrong, it's a text based game so people will get bored of its quite fast, that’s why people add graphics to make the game more interesting. So you will need a good, easy to use, layout what looks great and is not to hard on the eyes. now you have the layout you will need other graphics, most of the other big text based games have great graphics, they have images of detailed computer made people, and really good page logos and icons, so for each graphics you want you will have to pay some one to make it, as I don't think many people will make free graphics for a profitable game.

I won’t go on to coding as I am not into that sort of thing, and have hardly any XP in that area, all I will say is that the coding of the game will most probably be costly.

Jae
25-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Well, a very good point. A one i will have to think about. I will get back to you.Maybe a reward only for people who sign up for premium, maybe i could gt some companies to give vouchers or something like that.I will have to do some research.

Jaysir
25-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Make it kind of like Habbo or Runescape. they have this thing where you pay for membership you know? Make the membership include something shnazzy like.. a better weapon or something? Or make it include $10,000 in the game for every voucher costing of $5.00 in the real world. See what i'm saying? After awhile you'll make a high enough profit to pay a good reward..... or you might even end up in Debt because it isn't that popular, but certain people "win" or whatever and they need their reward... So its a thinking situtation.

Jae
25-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Thinking is what i will do.I am talking it over with my parents, and they are backing me, if i can get some vouchers of a company in exchange for advertisements its a no risk ? I'll think it through.

Jaysir
25-11-2006, 10:03 PM
You should also loook into the "Clickable Advertising Payment Progroam" A lot of websites nowadays pay people to put an ad on their site. And the amount of times that the ad is clicked, affects the amount of money. YOu should really look into that!

Rob
25-11-2006, 10:04 PM
I'd be willing to help on the coding side of it, preferrably xHTML as I've never really learnt much PHP, just how to make user systems, forms etc.

Coding examples:

www.swainhosting.com - My hosting company designed and coded by me.

www.ryannelson.co.uk/index1.php - Coded by me

www.skstudios.biz - Mine and RichardKnox's design company that never really got anywhere. Designed and coded by me. (First layout I coded with xHTML and CSS).

I've done loads more but I never put them on the net.

Thanks,
Rob

Jae
25-11-2006, 10:12 PM
PM Me your MSN, Name and age if you would sir.

Jaysir
25-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Heh Did you like my message in the rep i gave you Jae? xP I expect it back!

On topic: Yay you got a person to help you so far! :D

Jae
25-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Thanks dude, that means alot.

*on topic* I'm still thinking of a reward scheme etc.

JamesRouale
25-11-2006, 10:34 PM
In general, how much money would you be investing in such project?

YouFail
26-11-2006, 10:41 AM
I would also be happy to help out. After we run a few things over but that can be done on MSN. I have a portfolio of XHTML/CSS at www.richardknox.info/portfolio.php The designs are not mine. I'll pm you all the necessary info and we can discuss about it.

Jae
26-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Ok, investment wise, i'm not sure yet.

I will be adding people i would like to help.

EDIT:

Some people have been added to my MSN, and I will discuss things with them later.

Icarus
26-11-2006, 04:12 PM
First of all, what would be the point of the game with out a reward, and by reward I mean a CASH reward of 100s plus. With out a reward people will just move on to other text based games and try and win the reward there. So say you can meet the sum for the reward, you can now have extras in the game what people can pay for, and you can make money. YAY I hear you shout.

But what would make your game different to other online games? there already loads out there covering most themes, from nightclubs to mafias, pimps to space wars, there all out there most with rewards of $3000

So now you know that you won’t be able to proved a good reward, lets move on to graphics. As it’s a text based game there’s not that much graphics needed in the game is there? Wrong, it's a text based game so people will get bored of its quite fast, that’s why people add graphics to make the game more interesting. So you will need a good, easy to use, layout what looks great and is not to hard on the eyes. now you have the layout you will need other graphics, most of the other big text based games have great graphics, they have images of detailed computer made people, and really good page logos and icons, so for each graphics you want you will have to pay some one to make it, as I don't think many people will make free graphics for a profitable game.

I won’t go on to coding as I am not into that sort of thing, and have hardly any XP in that area, all I will say is that the coding of the game will most probably be costly.

OFF TOPIC: www.kingsofchaos.com (http://www.kingsofchaos.com) - No proze yet thousands of people play it.

ON TOPIC: Sounds interesting but i'm not very good at coding

Jae
26-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Well, there will be two types of play, practice and tournament.Entering a tournament will cost 1GBP and it will last a month.The aim of the tournament is to finish the month and have the highest amount of cash, and respect.To gain cash and respect, players must, extort shops and buisinesses,steal other players cash and other organized crimes.The winner of the round will receive a prize, possibly a console game, or a gift voucher.

Practice play will be basically the same, except there will be no prize and it will be free.

The game is still on the drawing board, and nothing has been confirmed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!