PDA

View Full Version : Should I do it?

Machine Head
25-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Well, last night I did 100 sit ups. I'm not used to it, and I'm aching right now.

I woke up this morning and had another go, but I only did 2. I tried again later on and did 3 more.

I ran around the house earlier, attempting to lose some weight.

But I really wanna do some more sit ups because I really wanna lose some weight, but should I do it even though I'm aching? I'm willing to put my body through pain to lose weight, but I'm not sure if I should or not...

boyslikegirls
25-11-2006, 09:46 PM
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool @ u

anyway do whateva u wanna do *+*+*+*

dirrty
25-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Do a activity like footy or w.e

skip. im serious, in the garden instead of inside

extravagant
25-11-2006, 09:49 PM
I thought you left the forum.

& if your body isn't used to doing that much sit ups wait till your stomach is better then just gradually increase how much sit ups you do each night.

it takes time.

Machine Head
25-11-2006, 10:36 PM
I thought you left the forum.

& if your body isn't used to doing that much sit ups wait till your stomach is better then just gradually increase how much sit ups you do each night.

it takes time.

I did, just not for good. ^_^

And thanks.

TheLastShadow
25-11-2006, 10:37 PM
LMAOOOOOOOOO Your suppost to start off slow.

:Hazel
25-11-2006, 10:40 PM
No you are pushing yourself too hard too fast. Start progressivelywith say 15 then work it up to 25 a day etc. so you can ease yourself into it.

Ry
26-11-2006, 01:29 AM
Start of slow, yeah :)

Twinkie
26-11-2006, 01:41 AM
As you've stated, your abdominal muscles are not used to it. Usually, if you're a little sore the next morning, that means it's working. But it shouldn't last too long. Once you do it regularly, you shouldn't be in pain. Don't do many at a time as it will make it worse. You should do like, 3 sets of 12-15 repititions and gradually build up. I suggest not doing any more until you completely recover.

Many
27-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Sit ups dont help you loose weight, they TONE your muscles, and you can only loose them muscles if you loose the layer of fat covering them abdominal muscles.
Loose weight, if you need to..
3 meals, a big breakfast to speed up metabolism, lunch medium, dinner smallish, try burn dinner off.

Mentor
27-11-2006, 11:22 PM
You want to do a bit regualy for it to have any effect. Not ton's all in one go.

Assid_Rane
28-11-2006, 03:18 AM
i did that exact same thing! exactly 100 reps as well! this was like a year ago, i remember doing it before i went to bed and i had to go college the next day, was really painful! if you really want to do 100 reps per day when youve just started, then you could at least spread them out, say in 4 sets of 25 reps, but i really dont think its very good for you to do that many str8 away anyway.

Plank
28-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Sit ups dont help you loose weight, they TONE your muscles, and you can only loose them muscles if you loose the layer of fat covering them abdominal muscles.
Loose weight, if you need to..
3 meals, a big breakfast to speed up metabolism, lunch medium, dinner smallish, try burn dinner off.
sit ups do help you loose weight, its crunches that build up your muscles..

Farm
28-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Mmmm,
I did 25 a day for a few weeks then gradually got up to 50
i do 50 a day and thats why i got a 2 pac :P

Re101
30-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Best ways to loose weight are:

Swimming
Running
A long walk
Cycling

All the things that will get you out of breath, i'd leave sit ups for now and just take up one of them and do it atleast 3 times a week. If your not careful what you'll end up doing is not loosing fat, not putting muscle on but burning muscle off and making yourself weaker and weaker.

JackHb
30-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Well, last night I did 100 sit ups. I'm not used to it, and I'm aching right now.

I woke up this morning and had another go, but I only did 2. I tried again later on and did 3 more.

I ran around the house earlier, attempting to lose some weight.

But I really wanna do some more sit ups because I really wanna lose some weight, but should I do it even though I'm aching? I'm willing to put my body through pain to lose weight, but I'm not sure if I should or not...

No, wait until your no longer aching or you will (thinks of a suitable word without swearing involved) mess yourself up, your muscles need time to repair.

Callum.
30-11-2006, 07:36 PM
If you want to tone do sit-ups etc. You need to start of by doing a smaller amount and gradually build up over weeks, making it more intense.

To loose weight, eat a balnced diet and exercise.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!