vibrant
25-11-2006, 10:44 PM
ds is crap.

PSP FTW!1

do u get movies for ds

I THINK NOT ;]

Scriptermone
25-11-2006, 10:45 PM
PSP, I got the DS day it came out, had it for a couple of months, I had an iPod at the time, iPod broke got insurance money, took DS back got a psp.

tada.

dirrty
psp is hott && sexy

ds is ugly && a right *****r

:Hazel
neither of them really appeal to me, crap graphics. ;l

mmhmm.
25-11-2006, 10:46 PM
neither of them really appeal to me, crap graphics. ;l
u have to consider that they are handheld.

Axel
25-11-2006, 10:46 PM
ds is crap.

PSP FTW!1

do u get movies for ds

I THINK NOT ;]

So? It's about the gaming not the Multimedia rubbish.

If you want everything and a gaming device, get PSP.

If you want good fun games, get a DS

PSP spent too much time adding image and video and song uploads etc.

DeadHamster
25-11-2006, 10:47 PM
both have good things about them
i have a psp but dont play on it much

and kjata video and stuff the best bit about it for me, like always watch UMDs on it on holidays and long car journeys

ssricky
25-11-2006, 10:49 PM
psp is more for the older crowd because of the types of games like gta and splinter cell i find ds has more youth based games like mario and animal crossing if ds everyone got smashbros it would totally change mymind about it but atm the only decent thing i like about ds is star fox

Neil
25-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Both are good for different reasons, I'd get a PSP for music and movies but all the games it has are just remakes, nothing original so what's the point?
The DS may not have cool features the PSP has but at least the games are fun, you play them over and over again and never get bored and alot of them are original

DeadHamster
25-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Both are good for different reasons, I'd get a PSP for music and movies but all the games it has are just remakes, nothing original so what's the point?
The DS may not have cool features the PSP has but at least the games are fun, you play them over and over again and never get bored and alot of them are original

i suppose it dont matter that the games r remakes ifyou dont have a ps2 or anything, like i dont have any games on my psp that i have on my ps2

Neil
25-11-2006, 11:55 PM
i suppose it dont matter that the games r remakes ifyou dont have a ps2 or anything, like i dont have any games on my psp that i have on my ps2

No it don't matter if you don't already have them but who would just see a PSP and think "I want it" normally people who had a PS2 first would get it

DJ-Ali
25-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Most of the games on PSP are normally somewhat shorter or less added features off a normal PS2 game. E.g. the Wrestling games for PSP.

So... DS fo life mon'.

Erin
26-11-2006, 12:01 AM
I should of added a poll ohwel.
I like my ds but i havnt played my psp in about a year so i dunno it might be good i cant realy remember.

DeadHamster
26-11-2006, 12:02 AM
No it don't matter if you don't already have them but who would just see a PSP and think "I want it" normally people who had a PS2 first would get it

i noo but i aint fussed about the games, some r ok only 1 i play is fifa 06 and this tennis game lol

psp has ok games but ds ones are better

Fractals
26-11-2006, 12:04 AM
PSP is amazing, has more features than a DS

Homesrfan
26-11-2006, 03:03 AM
ds is crap.

PSP FTW!1

do u get movies for ds

I THINK NOT ;]
Can you find the PSP for under $130

I THINK NOT!

DS has AWESOME games against PSP's lackluster FPS lineup. I prefer DS. But the PSP is good, better graphics, but DS has really fun, creative games.

Joahh
26-11-2006, 10:29 AM
Psp only one ive played :]

SimplyTech
26-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Ds has original exciting games
Psp has short ports with manked up controls eg battlefront 2

Oh and yes the ds can play films so stfu
you can buy a 4gb hardrive for £80 which lets it play movies way cheaper than the 2gb memory stick for psp

Charles
26-11-2006, 10:52 AM
DS all the way. I sold my PSP as the games being released were poor.

DeadHamster
26-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Ds has original exciting games
Psp has short ports with manked up controls eg battlefront 2

Oh and yes the ds can play films so stfu
you can buy a 4gb hardrive for £80 which lets it play movies way cheaper than the 2gb memory stick for psp

i bought a 2GB memory stick from ebay the other day it was £26...

:Jamie
26-11-2006, 11:02 AM
DS :D games are fun and havent got bored of them yet xD

DeadHamster
26-11-2006, 11:03 AM
i wish my sister didnt have to get a pink ds.. cos if it was any other colour i could see myself playin it lmao

From First To Last
26-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Fact is. Ds has **** games and graphics, psp has movies, music, internet and good games and next gen handheld graphics.

Nick.
26-11-2006, 05:29 PM
I have a DS which sits in the bottom of my cupboard. I'm saving up for a PSP, currently got £130.

Billay
26-11-2006, 05:41 PM
I have a DS which sits in the bottom of my cupboard. I'm saving up for a PSP, currently got £130.

you my son have made the right decision

PSP FTW

Neil
26-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Fact is. Ds has **** games and graphics, psp has movies, music, internet and good games and next gen handheld graphics.

DS games are amazing, the graphics are very good aswell, but Nintendo stick with the child like "cute" graphics instead of going into huge detail, the games are fun to play that's the main thing, PSP games have PS2 graphics but the games themselves are terrible, they are boring and short, the DS has internet aswell and I garuntee you it is 100 times easier to use than PSP's, the DS is getting music soon and if what was already said is true you can get movies for it aswell, PSP's are over rated and a huge waste of money, it's basically Sony's version of the Ipod but with games, internet and movies, nothing unqiue about it

26-11-2006, 05:44 PM
not forgetting the touch screen <3 dont see the PSP with that

Neil
26-11-2006, 05:46 PM
not forgetting the touch screen <3 dont see the PSP with that

Yea, that is what makes a DS so great, it is the most unquie method of gaming ever thought up of it's time, Sony and Microsoft are awesome at console but they are all the same, just different games and hardware, Nintendo are experimenting, they are taking gaming to whole new levels

From First To Last
26-11-2006, 05:57 PM
DS games are amazing, the graphics are very good aswell,

Mmm.. nice graphics on fifa 06...http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3527/fifa06dscrapgraphicsgw9.png ([/COLOR)

26-11-2006, 06:02 PM
tbh I dont buy games for graphics, the gameplay that counts.

Neil
26-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Mmm.. nice graphics on fifa 06...http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3527/fifa06dscrapgraphicsgw9.png ([/COLOR)

Football games are crap anyway? And that isn't exactly a Nintendo game EA just let DS have it so they make more money on it

Tintinabulation
26-11-2006, 08:03 PM
I prefer psp. It has the games I like on it. Although i only use it fopr car journeys, and only play tekken.

&&SONY.SHOULD.RELEASE.MORE.GAMES.FOR.PSP!

But, the UMD movies are fab, less than a DVD, and great quality.

SimplyTech
26-11-2006, 08:49 PM
i bought a 2GB memory stick from ebay the other day it was &#163;26...
Im talking about real shops
you can buy a ds off ebay for &#163;30 sometimes [ive seen it before] yet the ds isnt &#163;30
Also i don think anyone can say the psp has better games than the ds, more functions yes but not better games.

Neil
26-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Tbh I bought a DS because Nintendo just rule at making good games, they don't need super high detail but they really have it just not realistic, if I ever buy a PSP it is only for the movies, I would never buy a game or anything, just movies

NintendoFreak
26-11-2006, 09:48 PM
ds is crap.

PSP FTW!1

do u get movies for ds

I THINK NOT ;]

http://uk.codejunkies.com/news_reviews.asp?c=GB&cr=GBP&cs=&#37;A3&r=1&l=1&p=17&i=8952&s=8

I THINK SO!
Next time think and reserch before posting darling. DS Lite si outselling the PS3 anyway :)
Link : http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/news_211106_dssales.html
OH and anymore?

Internet and TV TUNER (Note PSP aint got one of those has it?) : http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/news_160206_opera.html

MP3 Player :http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/games/gamepage.do?ElementId=TN77FoxTefaCz5eYYm1nmOMx9pZ-ihx7

Do anything that a PSP can the ol' DS can :)

TheLastShadow
26-11-2006, 09:49 PM
The PSP has the ps2 processer so if the PSP has crap graphics so does the ps2.. :s

Pixel
26-11-2006, 09:52 PM
http://uk.codejunkies.com/news_reviews.asp?c=GB&cr=GBP&cs=%A3&r=1&l=1&p=17&i=8952&s=8

I THINK SO!
Next time think and reserch before posting darling.

It's £130? ;o

NintendoFreak
26-11-2006, 10:04 PM
It's £130? ;o

Yes that was its origonal price its around 60 now though :)

Neil
27-11-2006, 03:01 PM
I am buying that media player :o is it out? I need it! Lol :P

SimplyTech
27-11-2006, 04:51 PM
I am buying that media player :o is it out? I need it! Lol :P
Yeh it is.
It lets you play .exes but im not intrested a games console should be about games and thats it, if id wanted a media centre i would of bought a pc or a pda

Neil
27-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Yeh it is.
It lets you play .exes but im not intrested a games console should be about games and thats it, if id wanted a media centre i would of bought a pc or a pda

Yea but it's good if you're on a long car/train/plane journey keeps you out of bordem ;p

Hopeless
27-11-2006, 04:57 PM
PSP rules

Kenneth
28-11-2006, 12:15 AM
PSP FTW! DS sucks.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6405445518216376043&q=the+DS+sucks

28-11-2006, 03:36 PM
PSP FTW! DS sucks.

Im sure everyone is allowed there own opinion. Got into 20 seconds of it and got bored.

Neversoft
28-11-2006, 04:07 PM
http://uk.codejunkies.com/news_reviews.asp?c=GB&cr=GBP&cs=%A3&r=1&l=1&p=17&i=8952&s=8

I THINK SO!
Next time think and reserch before posting darling. DS Lite si outselling the PS3 anyway :)
Link : http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/news_211106_dssales.html
OH and anymore?

Internet and TV TUNER (Note PSP aint got one of those has it?) : http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/news_160206_opera.html

MP3 Player :http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/games/gamepage.do?ElementId=TN77FoxTefaCz5eYYm1nmOMx9pZ-ihx7

Do anything that a PSP can the ol' DS can :)

:o http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=146987

Simmzay
28-11-2006, 04:53 PM
I don't like handheld gaming. I only like console gaming. That aside, I love how the DS operates with thw two screens and the fact it has Super Mario DS.

SimplyTech
28-11-2006, 06:52 PM
PSP FTW! DS sucks.
What an idiot
1. He says Nintendo doesnt innovate atall *** he says its gameboy with better graphics.... what about the touchscreen mic etc if he says the ds is a gameboy with better gfx and that makes it rubbish hes saying the ps3s absolute ****

2. Hes a nerd, nerds go for better specs which doesnt make a game better

hit-by-a-car
28-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Psp.... durrr, if you have a ds its gay and so are you. Psp will always be better, movies game online games. affordable. Looks cooler too. POncey ds...

Neil
28-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Psp.... durrr, if you have a ds its gay and so are you. Psp will always be better, movies game online games. affordable. Looks cooler too. POncey ds...

....You're an idiot aswell :)

First thing, you can't be gay for prefering DS to PSP? That's pathetic, you're either a little 12 year old or just childish, grow up.
Second, DS as a media player now, yes that means, movies, music and pictures.
Third, DS has WiFi and if you didn't already know that Wifi = Online
Forth, The DS is cheaper than a PSP? Are you bored yet? Hope not
And lastly a PSP is ugly, it's a streched GBA Advanced with more buttons

And I'd just like to add that the DS has an internet browser and is 100 times easier to navigate than a PSP, now argue with that?

Billay
28-11-2006, 10:48 PM

i can agree with 1 of your points, barely. tbh your one of the dumbest members i've met. every post you make is pointless or trolling.

just quit please, your pathetic. but the psp is better.

every so often you get these threads...

<3
28-11-2006, 11:00 PM
I prefer DS, when I had my PSP there was an extreme lack of good games, I prefer DS Lite, it looks hot :)

HUGECOOL
29-11-2006, 12:26 AM
PSP FTW! DS sucks.
Too bad he has the credibility of a dyslexic lobotomy patient since he made a video discussing the same points as a rebuttal to himself. :/

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=902109023681812200&q=the+PSP+sucks (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=902109023681812200&q=the+DS+sucks)

The DS is better.

Let sales speak for themselves. (hint: The DS is winning by far.)

Lycan
29-11-2006, 12:36 AM
i only read the first page and this page so i'm not sure if someones pointed this out yet

but you can listen to music and watch films on a ds... smaller screen yes but you can... we do it in college when we get bored using sv cards etc. and to be honst i've had a ds from the beguing and loved it, i've been to different expitions and played on the psp and hated it only good thing about it is it has GTA on it which the ds doesn't, i mean everything the psp can do... so can the ds. openly not as easyier

but you can get cartriages for, watching films (not legal films of course but copied onto the card and viewed using the movie player), listen to music , browing the net

Nintendo FTW

SimplyTech
29-11-2006, 05:09 PM
i only read the first page and this page so i'm not sure if someones pointed this out yet

but you can listen to music and watch films on a ds... smaller screen yes but you can... we do it in college when we get bored using sv cards etc. and to be honst i've had a ds from the beguing and loved it, i've been to different expitions and played on the psp and hated it only good thing about it is it has GTA on it which the ds doesn't, i mean everything the psp can do... so can the ds. openly not as easyier

but you can get cartriages for, watching films (not legal films of course but copied onto the card and viewed using the movie player), listen to music , browing the net

Nintendo FTW
I second this motion +rep

Bear-Max
29-11-2006, 07:25 PM
If it hasn't been mentioned yet, here's a news story from today:

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6162448.html

Not only is the DS the better-selling handheld, it's the best selling console of the year full stop.

Josh-H
29-11-2006, 07:44 PM
I have only a psp not a DS, I dont like it, all the games are... rubbish.

Overate
29-11-2006, 08:34 PM
I have both
I NEVER play my psp
Its totaly crap
But i always play my Ds it rocks.
Which do you prefer?
I cant belive legotard banned me :(
And i still love my ds even thugh not playing it as much lately.

Edited by -legoman- (Super Moderator) Please do not insult other members.

Simmzay
30-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Ah man. I thought handheld gaming was about the games themselves. Apparently it isn't, apparently it's all about the technological additions and multi-purposing functions it contains.

(This is sarcasm incase Neversoft reads this and quotes me out of context again..)

Blinger1
30-11-2006, 10:19 AM
I don't like handheld gaming. I only like console gaming. That aside, I love how the DS operates with thw two screens and the fact it has Super Mario DS.
I personally think people who "grew up" playing nintendoes will say DS are better, but people who "grew up" playing playstations will say PSPs are better.

Neil
30-11-2006, 10:22 AM
I personally think people who "grew up" playing nintendoes will say DS are better, but people who "grew up" playing playstations will say PSPs are better.

I grew up with both, I played PSX like all the time but I've had the NES and SNES because I loved them, the NES may have crap graphics but it's games are just really fun to play, ocassionally I unplug my xbox put my NES in and play Mario Bros :)

It's not about which one I grew up with it's just personal choice, the PSP is more expensive than the Nintendo DS because it has all them features built in but the DS you still get them features and even better use out of them

Blinger1
30-11-2006, 10:25 AM
I grew up with both, I played PSX like all the time but I've had the NES and SNES because I loved them, the NES may have crap graphics but it's games are just really fun to play, ocassionally I unplug my xbox put my NES in and play Mario Bros :)

It's not about which one I grew up with it's just personal choice, the PSP is more expensive than the Nintendo DS because it has all them features built in but the DS you still get them features and even better use out of them
I was originally an ORIGINAL nintendo boy and then i moved to the SUPER NINTENDO and then to the PSX. I like the nintendos for mario :) probably only best game made!!

PSP can run homebrew mario so i am happy :D

Neil
30-11-2006, 10:28 AM
I was originally an ORIGINAL nintendo boy and then i moved to the SUPER NINTENDO and then to the PSX. I like the nintendos for mario :) probably only best game made!!

PSP can run homebrew mario so i am happy :D

I never had the first Gameboy, I got the Gameboy Color when it was released, I still prefered my NES though, the Gameboy didn't have so many great games until Pokemon came out and then I was never off my Gameboy :P my current Nintendo Systems are;
NES
SNES
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advanced
Nintendo DS

I still have all of them, like I still have my PSX, I have too many consoles ;]

Dan
30-11-2006, 10:49 AM
I never had the first Gameboy, I got the Gameboy Color when it was released, I still prefered my NES though, the Gameboy didn't have so many great games until Pokemon came out and then I was never off my Gameboy :P my current Nintendo Systems are;
NES
SNES
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advanced
Nintendo DS

I still have all of them, like I still have my PSX, I have too many consoles ;]

Proper gamer :P original gameboys rawk i still got mine :D

Neil
30-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Proper gamer :P original gameboys rawk i still got mine :D

Lol I was thinking of buying an original gameboy for the hell of it :P just put my console list even bigger lol

SimplyTech
30-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Im a Nintendo fan lol
Nes
Snes
N64
Gameboy
Gameboy colour
Gameboy pocket
Gameboy advance
Gameboy advance sp
Ds
Pokemon mini lol

letisix
30-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Depends on what sort of person you are..

If you Like all Maria Sort of stuff i'll choose DS

But if you like music and More Complex Games I'll Go for the PsP

Neil
30-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Depends on what sort of person you are..

If you Like all Maria Sort of stuff i'll choose DS

But if you like music and More Complex Games I'll Go for the PsP

Complex?! You wont find many complex games on a PSP lmao only things PSP has the DS doesn't is widescreen and realistic game graphics lol the DS games have more logic than anything a PSP runs :P

Dan
30-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Lol I was thinking of buying an original gameboy for the hell of it :P just put my console list even bigger lol

Hehe do it :D

Kasabian
01-12-2006, 10:42 AM
I have both.

DS v PSP

Winner = Homebrew.

Simmzay
02-12-2006, 01:35 AM
I had the original gameboy, it was hella ugly but alotta fun. I'd still say DS>PSP just because of that Mario game, and Nintendogs is a real hit.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!