PDA

View Full Version : About the online BBG

Jae
26-11-2006, 09:41 PM
It has come to my attention that the game will need re-thinking completely.The ideas i am looking for are:

1) A name
2) Aim/objective
3) Theme
4) The game will be in rounds, so how to win a round ?

Please post what you would like and what you would play.Good ideas get rep+

Thanks Jae

P.S: Please include all information on what you would play, thanks.

Mentor
26-11-2006, 09:56 PM
2bh i took alook at that mafia game (linked in last topic) but couldnt actualy make heads or tails of what exsacty you were supposed to do, it looked interesting, but not interesting enough to justife bothering to figure out the game.
So it may be an idea to make your game more intuative and freindly to new users than others.
The Genral premisis as i understand it looks to be quite versitile, aka the idea of mafia's could easly be exspanded in to sifi-esk warlord, in a futuristic world, to a pure fanticy world. As well as anything from civilastion building, to a simlar crime theme.
So theres alot of scope in there. I dont really quite get browser based games, so if you dont mind giveing a breaf explsintion on what exsactly goes on in one, id probably be able to be more helpful.

The theme really depends on who your targeting again, maybe if you try drawing up a steriotypical profile of who you want your average player to be, then work out what sort of interests it would need to cater for, and what sort of complexity level you would want, aka intencive very deatiled tactical game, or a quick 10 minute time waster or maybe somewhere in the middle, all three are workable, but again appeal to diffent people "/

I can tell you what sort of thing id like to play, but again im not much of a gamer and my own tastes are unlikely to fit with a mainstream audance, but then again, targeting a neashe market isnt nessarly a bad thing "/

So think about you audance more, then work from that, maybe use yourself as your defult player? if you went to a site and joined a browser based game, what would you want it to be? how would you want it to play? etc etc?

tekni
26-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Don't make a mafia-based game.

Think of something different - drive away from Mafias.

Maybe modern day crime?

Jae
26-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Thanks guys.On another note, what prizes would you gys be interested in winning ?

Kanker.
26-11-2006, 11:50 PM
Money? :]

Mentor
27-11-2006, 12:02 AM
As a slant on prizes, an interesting idea would be to operate a simlar system to an arcade, aka you win so many "prize points/tickets" or what ever, which you can then build up, this tickets can then be exchange for prizes, better prizers costing more tickets/points, cheaper prizers costing less points.
That would all a section of things to fit peoples own tastes.

Although that may not fit with how you intend to run the game "/ just an idea

SimplyTech
27-11-2006, 04:39 PM
I dislike text based games, i dont see why someone hasnt yet made an online flash game [apart from nets] its easy even i can do it lol.

Jae
27-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Hmm, explain a flash game please :)

SimplyTech
27-11-2006, 06:17 PM
well i cant do anything this good but some pretty good 1s r made nowadays
http://www.theoworlds.com/avatar/

redtom
27-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Aim/objective:

To get the most points / value.
To some how fight and steal from other players and lower there points / value.

The game will be in rounds, so how to win a round?

Person with the most points / value would be the winner.
30 days per round.
2 leader boards, one for people who pay for extra features and they would win money, and the 2ed being for the people who don't pay, they win extra turns for the next round or somthing like that.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!