PDA

View Full Version : weights

hit-by-a-car
28-11-2006, 01:10 AM
i have 2 3kg dumbells, shall i take up weight lifting. Not just for the musle but to lose some pounds, also situps. I can do 50 situps a day, should i do more. Also i can lift dumbells about 800 times aday what about that....

Marsquake
28-11-2006, 01:28 AM
muscle is meant to weigh more than fat so doing weights wont help.

Twinkie
28-11-2006, 03:05 AM
Yeah, what sXc said. As you're in the process of builing up muscles, you'll burn fat.. so you'll lose all your fat weight. Then you'll start gaining weight as muscles build.

800 is a lot of repititions.. It's more effective and time-saving if you lift heavier weights with moderate amount of repititions. Say, 6kg of 12 reps, 3 sets. Then gradually go up to heavier weights.

It's also been said that crunches are a lot better than situps.

Remember to always start with an aerobic exercise (jogging, bycycling, anything that gets your heart pumping) before you so any type of strength-training. You also have to have a healthy, proper diet.

Assid_Rane
28-11-2006, 03:06 AM
muscle is meant to weigh more than fat so doing weights wont help.

correct, muscle does weigh mroe than fat.

hit-by-a-car if you think doing weights will make you feel better about yourself, then yeah, go for it, ive been doing them on + off for about 2 years now. i use my own weights like you would be, but i dont think your weights are going to work too well, i mean they will work, but it would be much better if you got some more cheap weights so you could do less reps of a heavier weight, that'll build your mucles quicker.

doing weights isnt going to make you wigh less though, but it will get you fitter, and you will look better. i do about 90 sit-ups per day, in 3 sets of 30. and when i first started, i noticed the change very quickly, so yeah, i say go for it.

anyway mate, im not an expert or anything, but i have done quite a bit of research, so if you do want anymore advice, feel free to PM me k?

Good Luck

Edit: One more note... Sleep is a big part of muscle building, your muscles grow as you sleep, so without plenty of sleep (at least 8 hours each night) then they wont grow as much as they could.

hit-by-a-car
28-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks for your advice guys =')

JackHb
30-11-2006, 07:37 PM
2 x 3kg Weights is not alot, my one weight for doing curls is 10kg, and then i have another weight that i use to keep my arm straight and to the side and lift up above my head and that is 5kg.

And if you do 800 then your kind of stupid for doing that, as you obviously need to be lifting alot heavier if you can do 800. Cut it down to 50 on each arm and lift a weight of 10kg its as effective

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!