PDA

View Full Version : i need a job

benjamin
29-11-2006, 02:07 PM
ok, i just feel that it's about time i got off my bum and got a job. even if it's a saturday job. i'm 15, and well you're supposed to be 16? idk.. but still.

has anyone got any ideas? i don't want a paperround either :P

but yeah, all help is appriciated.

Tom,
29-11-2006, 02:17 PM
LmaoPaperRound,
HmmWhatYouInto?LikeAnyIdeaWhatYouWannaDo?

OrGuildLines...ThenIMayBeAbleToHelp:)

LmaoAgain!SorryIfYourGettingAngryAtMePostingLikeTh isButSpaceBarBrokenk?

infatuation
29-11-2006, 02:18 PM
apply for a job at your local mall[town?]:s

benjamin
29-11-2006, 02:20 PM
LmaoPaperRound,
HmmWhatYouInto?LikeAnyIdeaWhatYouWannaDo?

OrGuildLines...ThenIMayBeAbleToHelp:)

LmaoAgain!SorryIfYourGettingAngryAtMePostingLikeTh isButSpaceBarBrokenk?
i'll be honnest, i'm not fussy - just not a paper round ;)

apply for a job at your local mall[town?]:s
i thought you had to be 16 to work in a shop

infatuation
29-11-2006, 02:20 PM
i'll be honnest, i'm not fussy - just not a paper round ;)

i thought you had to be 16 to work in a shop

oh.. in canada you only have to be like 13-14, so sorry.:$

benjamin
29-11-2006, 02:22 PM
i might be wrong thoughh. but thanks.

English
29-11-2006, 02:23 PM
ok, i just feel that it's about time i got off my bum and got a job. even if it's a saturday job. i'm 15, and well you're supposed to be 16? idk.. but still.

has anyone got any ideas? i don't want a paperround either :P

but yeah, all help is appriciated.

Nah you don't have to be 16 to get a job, I was 14 when I got my first job and 15 when I got another one aswell. The first job I ever had[and still have, infact I do it for 2 teams now cos I'm so 'skilled':P] was skittles. Basically down the local legion where a team plays skittles[Like bowling] and they require someone/or 2 people[I did it with my mate so that we can talk and so the work is easier] and basically all you do is stick the skittles back up after each go/push them off the alley. It's really easy money and takes up about 1 and 1/2 hours of my night and I do it 2 nights every 2weeks[cos they have home and away matches and you only do it for home matches].
My 2nd job which I still have and I got just over a year ago was at my local shop which is a 4minute walk from my house. Basically I just stack the shelves/put magazines out/put the milk out/put food out/tidy up shelves/do a bit of till work here and there. You generally get to meet some nice people and the people I work with are really nice. Up until recently I did Thursdays+Fridays before school, from 7-8.30 and then after work just walked to school. But now cos someone was fired I do Monday-Friday 7-8.30. At first it was a pain getting up but it's only an hour early than I'd wake up and you get to sleep easier at night.
So perhaps one of these?

Another job I do every now and then is babysit. You may think 'isnt that a girls job?' I got asked by friends of my parents who have 2 boys who are 10+8. To be honest it's a good job and generally get good pay. I mean getting paid to sit and watch TV [I let them choose what they want although they always offer me, 'cos they always put on something good like a film/cartoons] all night and they even offer me drink/food so basically as I said your getting paid to watch TV and just make sure they're alright which isn't too hard as their in my company.

Tom,
29-11-2006, 02:26 PM
IdkLikeFixPcsOrStuff&GetPaidedLmaoOrTEHMILKMANROFL

NozUmmWorkInLocalShopOrSomethingIKnowSomeoneThatWo rksInJJBSports
;PHeWorks2DaysAWeekGets£100IThink

benjamin
29-11-2006, 02:27 PM
Nah you don't have to be 16 to get a job, I was 14 when I got my first job and 15 when I got another one aswell. The first job I ever had[and still have, infact I do it for 2 teams now cos I'm so 'skilled':P] was skittles. Basically down the local legion where a team plays skittles[Like bowling] and they require someone/or 2 people[I did it with my mate so that we can talk and so the work is easier] and basically all you do is stick the skittles back up after each go/push them off the alley. It's really easy money and takes up about 1 and 1/2 hours of my night and I do it 2 nights every 2weeks[cos they have home and away matches and you only do it for home matches].
My 2nd job which I still have and I got just over a year ago was at my local shop which is a 4minute walk from my house. Basically I just stack the shelves/put magazines out/put the milk out/put food out/tidy up shelves/do a bit of till work here and there. You generally get to meet some nice people and the people I work with are really nice. Up until recently I did Thursdays+Fridays before school, from 7-8.30 and then after work just walked to school. But now cos someone was fired I do Monday-Friday 7-8.30. At first it was a pain getting up but it's only an hour early than I'd wake up and you get to sleep easier at night.
So perhaps one of these?

Another job I do every now and then is babysit. You may think 'isnt that a girls job?' I got asked by friends of my parents who have 2 boys who are 10+8. To be honest it's a good job and generally get good pay. I mean getting paid to sit and watch TV [I let them choose what they want although they always offer me, 'cos they always put on something good like a film/cartoons] all night and they even offer me drink/food so basically as I said your getting paid to watch TV and just make sure they're alright which isn't too hard as their in my company.
yeah, well in my town, down the village there are a lot of shops so i'll go check there, or i might go into oxford town and have a look, i'm only a 5 minute bus drive away so it's quite easy. but yeah i've done a bit of baby sitting before, i found it not too hard either, except when the kids get hyper.. but it was only a one off thing :P so y'know. but still, thanks for the help ^^

&@tom, oh cool, thanks.

Tom,
29-11-2006, 02:31 PM
:OTysToMe?>:P?Lmao

UhInSecImUploadingScreeyOfTheMoatFunnistVirus'sLma o

IHaveSomeCalledSexVideosLMAOThatsMyServerISendPplB tw:D

Eamonn
29-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Babysitting, I think is great, like if I babysit for my cousins two kids it is great seeing as they are pretty good kids, I just sit and watch TV all night and eat sweets :] then get £30+ for it usually and urr dog walking?

paul♥
29-11-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm in the same boat, no one wil give me a job.
I'm thinking about going to the job centre.

benjamin
29-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Babysitting, I think is great, like if I babysit for my cousins two kids it is great seeing as they are pretty good kids, I just sit and watch TV all night and eat sweets :] then get £30+ for it usually and urr dog walking?
yeah. well all my cousins are younger, but my aunties.. i suppose i could ask. they go out every friday & saturday without fail :rolleyes: but they usually leave the kids with my nan.. ah well worth a try! thanks :]

yeahh. lmao at no one giving you a job :P

Marsquake
29-11-2006, 02:59 PM

i dont blame 'em tbh. yeah i'm job hunting aswell, check out your local shops as some places you need to be 16+. i think your more likely to find a job at a corner shop than anywhere else.

:Hazel
29-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Depending on where you live, near me there is cafes which are always after people to wash up/make tea etc. Otherwise check you local paper(s) maybe?

paul♥
29-11-2006, 03:01 PM
I posted about this on another forum and they advised me to go somwere lke a job centre and they will find a job and help you get it but they take so much or your money or somthing ;s

Nixt
29-11-2006, 03:01 PM
I don't know if it's the same where you are, but some sports shops and takeaways at the main shopping center in Bristol let some 15 year olds work for them.

benjamin
29-11-2006, 03:04 PM
i dont blame 'em tbh. yeah i'm job hunting aswell, check out your local shops as some places you need to be 16+. i think your more likely to find a job at a corner shop than anywhere else.
yeah. mmm hmm *ponder*

Depending on where you live, near me there is cafes which are always after people to wash up/make tea etc. Otherwise check you local paper(s) maybe?
ooh good idea, thanks hazel :]]

I posted about this on another forum and they advised me to go somwere lke a job centre and they will find a job and help you get it but they take so much or your money or somthing ;s
oh right, i don't even know where the nearest job centre is ;(

I don't know if it's the same where you are, but some sports shops and takeaways at the main shopping center in Bristol let some 15 year olds work for them.
yahh, thanks. i'd like to work at a sports shop or somthing. it seems easy. my mate charlee wants me to get a job at primark with her. errrrrr..

Papershop
29-11-2006, 06:22 PM
If its a big brand shop, then no, you will need a national insurance card (which you get at 16). However places like cafes and stuff like that might take you on part time if you need money. A Paperround isnt that bad..

benjamin
30-11-2006, 04:24 PM
papershop, well me and my mate are going to virgin megastore to get an application form on saturday, as we know you only have to be 16.
but no i won't do a paperround
but thanks.

Papershop
02-12-2006, 01:59 PM
some dvd shops including HMV wont let you because you have to be 18 to sell the 18 dvds. Ive already tried to apply there. What you really need to do is just get loads o cvs and hand them in everywhere. Thats what i did, ive only getting 1 reply so far like... >.<

Ashley 12344
03-12-2006, 04:34 PM
In the UK, you can get some jobs (in big companies eg Sainsburys) jobs at 16.
Others you have to wait until you leave school.

I'd say babysitting.

benjamin
03-12-2006, 04:35 PM
you can get jobs when you're younger than 16.

Tbh
09-12-2006, 03:19 AM
well im 16 now but i have had my job since i was 14,
there are some offices behind my house i help out there 1 hour per day for &#163;5 (sat & sun off) so &#163;25 a week isnt bad i also get double on my bday xD

so why dont you look for places near your home....it doesnt hurt to ask =]

boyslikegirls
09-12-2006, 03:22 AM
ur neva endng vip broked

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!