PDA

View Full Version : Wii Question +17 rep

Neversoft
30-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Ok, firstly I am not here to cause an arguement. Don't like the Wii? Then don't post, restrain yourself. I do not want to hear about it, I just want an answer to my question.

Anyway,
I am a little concerned about the price of the Wii remote controller. I'll probaly use my Wii to play mostly multiplayer games, but the controllers are £29 each and the additional nunchuks (basically an analog stick) will cost £14 on top of that. So you end up paying £43 for the full controller, so that is £129 for 3 other controllers! I like Nintendo, but that is a rip off. So anyway, my question is - Will you be able to play all Wii games with a gamecube controller instead? As the console does have 4 gamecube controller ports, I was just wondering if you can use a gamecube controller to play all games or just a selected few. Anyone know if you can? :s

SimplyTech
30-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Gamecube controllers are only for the gamecube games.
Also dont forget about the actual price of the wii itself and youll be able to buy cheap 3rd party controllers and you can get a controller a wii play for £34

Callum.
30-11-2006, 07:43 PM
Only for selected games i've heard.

Neversoft
30-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Gamecube controllers are only for the gamecube games.
Also dont forget about the actual price of the wii itself and youll be able to buy cheap 3rd party controllers and you can get a controller a wii play for £34

I saved up enough for the Wii alone, none left for controllers.

Only for selected games i've heard.

Who'd you hear it from?

Callum.
30-11-2006, 07:48 PM

Who'd you hear it from?

Some sites i just searched.

Wii sports will use the remote, and some others will use remote. Type what you wanted us to find out into ask/google or what ever seach engine you like :).

SimplyTech
30-11-2006, 07:48 PM

Who'd you hear it from?
It wont work on any actual wii games and i mean why should it it defeats the point of the wii and i see your point about the price of the controllers but the wii gets £30-40 games compared to ps3s £60 so you cant really complain.

Neversoft
30-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Some sites i just searched.

Wii sports will use the remote, and some others will use remote. Type what you wanted us to find out into ask/google or what ever seach engine you like :).

Thanks. :)

It wont work on any actual wii games and i mean why should it it defeats the point of the wii and i see your point about the price of the controllers but the wii gets £30-40 games compared to ps3s £60 so you cant really complain.

It doesn't really defeat the point, I am a little supprised that if what you're saying is true. Nintendo usually want everyone to get the most out of their games, so why not allow people to use gamecube controllers aswell?

Bear-Max
30-11-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm pretty sure you can use the GC controllers for quite a few games. The guy behind the Super Smash Bros. games said to hold onto your GC controllers for SSBB.

You also get a Wiimote bundled in with Wii Play if you get that. It's £34.99 at Play.com.

And what will help is if your friend's get Wiis too. They can just bring their remotes with them when they come round, sync them with the press of a button or two and play.

crans
30-11-2006, 08:08 PM
If you're wurried about the price, wait 2 years for it to drop. :D

Neversoft
30-11-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm pretty sure you can use the GC controllers for quite a few games. The guy behind the Super Smash Bros. games said to hold onto your GC controllers for SSBB.

You also get a Wiimote bundled in with Wii Play if you get that. It's £34.99 at Play.com.

And what will help is if your friend's get Wiis too. They can just bring their remotes with them when they come round, sync them with the press of a button or two and play.

Thanks. :)
Everyone else on this other forum says that the only game that will be able to use GC controllers is SSBB. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

If you're wurried about the price, wait 2 years for it to drop. :D

No point, the Nintendo Poo will be out by then.

Callum.
30-11-2006, 08:14 PM
No point, the Nintendo Poo will be out by then.

Lmao.
+rep if i could :'(

Neversoft
30-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Lmao.
+rep if i could :'(

It says that I gotta spread for you and wii.

Wootzeh
30-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Xbox360 games are £40.

Callum.
30-11-2006, 08:32 PM
It says that I gotta spread for you and wii.

It's ok, I didn't do for rep.

Bear-Max
30-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Xbox360 games are £40.
As will likely the PS3 games be at supermarkets and such.

Pixel
30-11-2006, 08:46 PM

I had the same kinda problem with the 360, I need to buy an extra 2 controllers so I can play 4 players but I got other things I need to buy instead.
If you don't need them desperately maybe wait till people sell them cheaper on ebay or something? That probably didn't help much but there's probably somewhere that will sell some 2nd hand controllers for cheap once you got abit of ££

SimplyTech
30-11-2006, 09:54 PM
As will likely the PS3 games be at supermarkets and such.
No but originally xbox 360 ones were 50 and ps3 will be 60 and wii 40 but wii will go down to 30 and ps3 probs 50

Blue
30-11-2006, 10:03 PM
you can get the Wii classic contorller (http://http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11474&mid=329656) for 15 quid

Bear-Max
30-11-2006, 10:09 PM
No but originally xbox 360 ones were 50 and ps3 will be 60 and wii 40 but wii will go down to 30 and ps3 probs 50
PS3 games are RRP'd at £49.99 aren't they?

Supermarkets generally knock off a tenner. I got PDZ and PGR3 at launch for £39.99 each.

SimplyTech
30-11-2006, 10:11 PM
PS3 games are RRP'd at £49.99 aren't they?

Supermarkets generally knock off a tenner. I got PDZ and PGR3 at launch for £39.99 each.

Well i read £60 and if they were £50 wed get them cheaper than the us

DJ-Ali
30-11-2006, 10:12 PM
You can only play with the Gamecube controllers on some games like SSBB.
I was told by a friend though that there are going to be more games with the use of Gamecube controllers.
Hope that helps. :)

Billay
30-11-2006, 10:29 PM
gaurenteed by mid 2007 there will be cheaper 3rd party controllers :)

i was worried about it too, but then i realized when am i gonna need more than 3 controllers?

Homesrfan
30-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Not sure if this has been said, but: Super Smash Brothers: Brawl will be using the GC controller. A shame really.. at least for me. I never owned a GC and I don't want to buy GC controllers for just one game. I might have to pick up SSBM and RE4 along with it though. :)

Neversoft
30-11-2006, 11:35 PM
you can get the Wii classic contorller (http://http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11474&mid=329656) for 15 quid

Yeah, but that is for playing the downloadable retro games, isnt it?

BobX
01-12-2006, 12:15 AM
If you wanted to just play gamecube games, then you should just use the controllers for it, also if you werethen you might aswell stick with gamecube.

I think that you will be better off in the long run with the GC cotrollers cause Wii will be limited to certain games i think, like the DS which has to have 2 screen play so its limited, it will be more harder to make games that can be moved by you holdng the controller.

But the controllers cost more cause they are different than any other controllers, so nintendo are cashing in on the brill idea :p

<3 hope this helped

Ellis.
01-12-2006, 01:26 AM
A little late on answering since I don't browse around the forum much but only gamecube games will be able to be played with the gamecube controller. x.x

:LeKevin:
01-12-2006, 06:00 AM
A little late on answering since I don't browse around the forum much but only gamecube games will be able to be played with the gamecube controller. x.x
Wrong.

Some of the VC games can be played using the GC controller. :P

Charles
01-12-2006, 12:37 PM
I so hoped to be able to play LOZ with the GC controller, if I didn't adapt to the remote and nunchuk. My local gamestation told me it'll be £50 for the full controller (remote..etc).

PenguinFluid
01-12-2006, 09:47 PM
wheeras the ps3 and xbox360's Money Are Pumped Into The Console
The Wii's Money IS In the technology of the controlers
Cant complain really compared to coset of ps3

SimplyTech
01-12-2006, 10:36 PM
I so hoped to be able to play LOZ with the GC controller, if I didn't adapt to the remote and nunchuk. My local gamestation told me it'll be £50 for the full controller (remote..etc).

£43
£29 for wii mote £14 for nunchuck

Leuven
01-12-2006, 10:58 PM
The money that is spent in upgrading the controllers is a waste.

You can only have a limited amount of games that you can use it in.

Other than that I hear its a good console.

summer
02-12-2006, 11:16 AM
most people i know are getting the retro controller thing for £11.99

reindeer.
02-12-2006, 05:29 PM
You'll probably be able to buy one of them cheaper controllers that aren't made by Nintendo, like them ones made by Joytech and w/e, which are usually &#163;5-&#163;10 cheaper. I'd go for them.

Charles
02-12-2006, 05:53 PM
most people i know are getting the retro controller thing for £11.99
What's the retro controller?

Neversoft
03-12-2006, 05:25 PM
most people i know are getting the retro controller thing for &#163;11.99

I'm pretty sure that controller is used just to play the downloadable NES, SNES & N64 games.

What's the retro controller?

Classic Joypad Controller.

http://www.techspot.com/gallery/data/502/medium/800px-Wii_classic_controller.jpg

Charles
03-12-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm pretty sure that controller is used just to play the downloadable NES, SNES & N64 games.

Classic Joypad Controller.

http://www.techspot.com/gallery/data/502/medium/800px-Wii_classic_controller.jpg

Oooh, thankyou. If I can't get my head around the remote and Zelda, then i'll get one of them.

Neversoft
03-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Oooh, thankyou. If I can't get my head around the remote and Zelda, then i'll get one of them.

I don't think it works with Wii games. I think its only purpose is to play the downloadable NES, SNES and N64 games such as Super Mario 64. I'm not 100&#37; certain but I'm pretty sure thats what it does. It may work with SSBB as that doesn't use the Wii Remote.

Although, if you don't think that you'll get along with the Wii Remote and Zelda, you can buy Twilight Princess on Gamecube and use a normal gamecube controller to play it. The Wii has 4 Gamecube ports ;). (Well, I think it has 4)

Charles
03-12-2006, 06:43 PM
I don't think it works with Wii games. I think its only purpose is to play the downloadable NES, SNES and N64 games such as Super Mario 64. I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure thats what it does. It may work with SSBB as that doesn't use the Wii Remote.

Although, if you don't think that you'll get along with the Wii Remote and Zelda, you can buy Twilight Princess on Gamecube and use a normal gamecube controller to play it. The Wii has 4 Gamecube ports ;). (Well, I think it has 4)

I'm getting it with my Wii, so i'll make sure I can play it.

Simmzay
03-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Can you seriously download N64 games? If so, Majora's Mask is what I want. The retro thing is cool because NES/SNES had some awesome games.

Neversoft
03-12-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm getting it with my Wii, so i'll make sure I can play it.

Ooh, I see. :)

Can you seriously download N64 games? If so, Majora's Mask is what I want. The retro thing is cool because NES/SNES had some awesome games.

Yep, you will be able to buy Wii point cards from shops. A Wii point card will cost around &#163;14 in a game shop, and for that you get 2,000 points.
NES games cost 500 points
SNES games cost 800 points
I don't know how much N64 games are, but Super Mario 64 is 1,000 points so i'm assuming they will be around 1,000 - 2,000 points.

I think there are 31 games available at launch, more will be added next year.
You buy the games from the Wii Shop Channel on the console.

Homesrfan
03-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Yeah - they only release a few at a time. Right now there is just Super Mario 64. There is going to be Mario Kart, Starfox, and Zelda Orcarina of Time soon though...

And you cannot use the 'retro' or classic controller with Zelda for Wii. You would need to buy the gamecube version in order to play with a gamecube controller.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!