PDA

View Full Version : Karma

Casanova
01-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Personally, I believe in karma for many reasons.

I've had a pretty crap life so far, so i'm expecting this to pay me off in later life, if not i'm knocking off my life. LMAOOOO. Erm... since i've been 10 my life went down hill, parents split up and that will probably affect me for the rest of my life. Hard to explain but it just will. I no longer have any grandparents and i'm constantly being urm hurt i'd say.
I'm owed something good, and i tell myself one day I'll get it.

Another reason why I believe in karma is i've noticed that stupid things i do, often have a knock on effect? If it's bad then i've noticed something crap happens, if it's good then i think it's noticable i'm being rewarded.

I'm ever so slightly cynical over Karma though, as it could just be a farse made for the hard working man that is always being stepped on, made for human's to lead their life under a false sense of believe that is generally a cloud over the true goings on.

D'you believe in karma, and why?

Biseinen
01-12-2006, 10:44 AM
I don't believe this. Nothing sadly to back this up. "When you do something bad, something bad will come back around to you", if it does, then it's just random bad luck, we all experience something 'bad' thats happened in our lives.

Casanova
01-12-2006, 10:47 AM
I see where you're coming from, as i've said i've backed up my opinions (actually the side of it where i believe in it is flimsily backe dup ;o) and urm, yeah i think i just make myself believe karma as a way to sooth the day-to-day life i lead, to help me keep going and pushing ahead.

Biseinen
01-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Well, Karma is defined as:

"As an intention, that is purposly designed to hurt another set person. Thus hurting a person in a physical or mental state where the person who is on the recieving end, if believing in, Karma, will have that, what recieved dealt back to the opposing person in a later time in life

A balance between 1 and 1, an essence to one as an essence to another"

What you've said is your parents split up, this was not an intentional harm to you, Karma is if something bad happens to you, it will happen to them sometime later, but you're saying that you're 'Owed' something good from it. Sadly, thats not how it works. :p

English
01-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Personally, I believe in karma for many reasons.

I've had a pretty crap life so far, so i'm expecting this to pay me off in later life, if not i'm knocking off my life. LMAOOOO. Erm... since i've been 10 my life went down hill, parents split up and that will probably affect me for the rest of my life. Hard to explain but it just will. I no longer have any grandparents and i'm constantly being urm hurt i'd say.
I'm owed something good, and i tell myself one day I'll get it.

Another reason why I believe in karma is i've noticed that stupid things i do, often have a knock on effect? If it's bad then i've noticed something crap happens, if it's good then i think it's noticable i'm being rewarded.

I'm ever so slightly cynical over Karma though, as it could just be a farse made for the hard working man that is always being stepped on, made for human's to lead their life under a false sense of believe that is generally a cloud over the true goings on.

D'you believe in karma, and why?

To be honest that isn't a crap life from what you've described, your living in a house, enjoying the benefit of a computer, you seem to not be poor, you have friends and you are pretty healthy from what I gather. So how is that not a good life? People lose relatives everyday and all the time, I myself have lost 4 of my grandparents in 5 years but I still consider my life to be good, as I would yours. Death is a small part of life that has to come to everyone unfortunately and you end up losing people you love and care about it. And just because your parents split up doesn't make it the end of the world. They obviously have their reasons and you have to respect them and instead of whining of how you have a crap life you should think how lucky you are in comparison to children around your age from 3rd world countries who have lost probably their parents[death, not split up] and have to work about 14hours a day and get a couple of pence for it and then still being hungry and starving. So next time you knock your life, truly look around and see all you have and think of other people who aren't as fortunate as you.

Secondly I think you have got Karma muddled up. It isn't if you do something good then you get something good. If someone does something bad towards you then they will, in the future, get something bad done to them.

I myself am not sure about Karma, I sorta agree with it but then think "Well this is just another approach to show I'm not in control of my life" which puts me off it.

Casanova
01-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Well, Karma is defined as:

"As an intention, that is purposly designed to hurt another set person. Thus hurting a person in a physical or mental state where the person who is on the recieving end, if believing in, Karma, will have that, what recieved dealt back to the opposing person in a later time in life

A balance between 1 and 1, an essence to one as an essence to another"

What you've said is your parents split up, this was not an intentional harm to you, Karma is if something bad happens to you, it will happen to them sometime later, but you're saying that you're 'Owed' something good from it. Sadly, thats not how it works. :p

But i think i only believe in karma for a false hope of something better, and i'm not going to go into why my parents splitting up was so urm... crap on me because it's hard to explain and urm it's personal? I hate my mum because she like hurt me bad (not physically).

To be honest that isn't a crap life from what you've described, your living in a house, enjoying the benefit of a computer, you seem to not be poor, you have friends and you are pretty healthy from what I gather. So how is that not a good life? People lose relatives everyday and all the time, I myself have lost 4 of my grandparents in 5 years but I still consider my life to be good, as I would yours. Death is a small part of life that has to come to everyone unfortunately and you end up losing people you love and care about it. And just because your parents split up doesn't make it the end of the world. They obviously have their reasons and you have to respect them and instead of whining of how you have a crap life you should think how lucky you are in comparison to children around your age from 3rd world countries who have lost probably their parents[death, not split up] and have to work about 14hours a day and get a couple of pence for it and then still being hungry and starving. So next time you knock your life, truly look around and see all you have and think of other people who aren't as fortunate as you.

Secondly I think you have got Karma muddled up. It isn't if you do something good then you get something good. If someone does something bad towards you then they will, in the future, get something bad done to them.

I myself am not sure about Karma, I sorta agree with it but then think "Well this is just another approach to show I'm not in control of my life" which puts me off it.

you alwaysssssss trash my comments and read into them too far, you're probably right and yeah everything you said initially is true, but i don't need to respect my parents, i only respect one as i've said above your quote. And i'm quite embarrassed now as i've got karma the wrong way around and whatnot but urm thanks anyway. Other than that i just think it's false hope to make life seem better... it's like when you believe something it appears to do something but it's actually not.

And i'll close the thread i've got it completely wrong and look like a right idiot :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!