PDA

View Full Version : Re: How sad is runescape really?

Axel
01-12-2006, 11:32 PM
A question that has plagued mankind for a long time, well, everyone who doesn't play Runescape but knows about it.

It's quite sad really when you think about it, get this:

You want to make a pizza.

To make a pizza you have to be level 35 cooking.
To get to level 35 cooking you need to cook.
To cook, you need to have raw foods.
To get raw foods, you need to fish.
To fish, you need a fishing net.
To start a fire you need a tinderbox.
To use the tinderbox you need some logs.
To chop down the logs you need an axe.
To get an axe you need to mine some copper ore and tin ore.
To mine the copper and tin ore you need a pickaxe.
To get the pickaxe you need to buy it from a shop.
To buy the pickaxe you need some 'money'.
To get the money you need to sell things like coal ore.
To mine coal you need to be level 30 mining.

And before you know it you've forgot what you was doing in the first place.

My friend, Carl is addicted to this 'game'.

He's level 102 and he is sad as hell. He spends 10 hours a day on RS at least.

It all seems pointless, all that to make a pizza?

In RL, you'd just get it out the freezer and shove it in the oven/microwave.

I rate Runescape 9.7/10 on the Sadometer.

Biggest load of rubbish I, and most of us, have ever heard. Below is a summary of your mistakes.

To fish, you need a fishing net.

You get one free at the start of the game.

To chop down the logs you need an axe.
To get an axe you need to mine some copper ore and tin ore.

You don't need to mine copper and tin to get a bronze axe, you also get one of these free at the start of the game.

To mine the copper and tin ore you need a pickaxe.
To get the pickaxe you need to buy it from a shop.
To buy the pickaxe you need some 'money'.
To get the money you need to sell things like coal ore.
To mine coal you need to be level 30 mining.

You also get a pickaxe free at the start of the game. And even if you didn't you get 25 gp, which is enough to buy several pickaxes. And mining just one coal would sell for enough money to buy several hundred pickaxes.

And before you know it you've forgot what you was doing in the first place.

Only if you're a total idiot, you forget 'I'm going to cook a pizza'.

My friend, Carl is addicted to this 'game'.

He's level 102 and he is sad as hell. He spends 10 hours a day on RS at least.

It all seems pointless, all that to make a pizza?

Maybe he wants to play Runescape, so what?

And if you're that bothered, don't make the pizza, simple as.

In RL, you'd just get it out the freezer and shove it in the oven/microwave.

Yes, this game is based on real life. You can't just 'shove it the microwave' because, to my historical knowledge, they weren't invented back in the Medieval ages.

And even if they did have microwaves, you still can't just 'shove it in'. You start at level 1, which means you have no cooking knowledge whatsoever. Meaning you're practically a baby. If you have a baby sibling, I'm sure you're not expecting them to make your dinner for you?

I rate Runescape 9.7/10 on the Sadometer.

And guess what? You play Habbo. I'd rather do something more interactive, running around worlds, killing stuff etc than sitting in a room counting my credits and thrones.

Get your facts right before you make a complete fool out of yourself.

LiveToDie
01-12-2006, 11:35 PM
I agree 100% =]

Axel
01-12-2006, 11:36 PM
I agree 100% =]

I'm glad you agree, even though you have a habbo avatar, as you said to me already. :P

Rashelly
01-12-2006, 11:38 PM
that's the whole point of the game...to raise skills...

Axel
01-12-2006, 11:39 PM
that's the whole point of the game...to raise skills...

Ye, but that is sadder than sitting on a throne sofa eating ice cream in his twisted mind.

Caution
01-12-2006, 11:39 PM
I agree 100% =]
I 2nd that! I hate it.

Axel
01-12-2006, 11:41 PM
I 2nd that! I hate it.

Lol, I hope you read the thread. This is saying runescape isn't sad, especially compared to habbo. The guy you quoted was agreeing that runescape wasn't sad also.

Caution
01-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Lol, I hope you read the thread. This is saying runescape isn't sad, especially compared to habbo. The guy you quoted was agreeing that runescape wasn't sad also.
No actually, I thought it was the opposite I realised after I posted:P
Anyway, I hate Habbo and Runescape now.

Axel
01-12-2006, 11:45 PM
No actually, I thought it was the opposite I realised after I posted:P
Anyway, I hate Habbo and Runescape now.

But habbo is sadder.

Caution
01-12-2006, 11:47 PM
But habbo is sadder.
Maybe it is... I've never played Runescape for longer than 2 minutes so i'm not sure.

Matty
01-12-2006, 11:47 PM
But habbo is sadder.

So true, what do you learn from Habbo?
I mean the thick homies might learn from Runescape that you cut a tree with an axe.

Axel
01-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Maybe it is... I've never played Runescape for longer than 2 minutes so i'm not sure.

I'd rather killing a stuck up idiot then laugh at them than say 'you don't have as many hcs as me!'

Caution
01-12-2006, 11:50 PM
I'd rather killing a stuck up idiot then laugh at them than say 'you don't have as many hcs as me!'
Thats what made me quit, I hated all the noobs thinking they owned the Hotel.:P

summer
01-12-2006, 11:53 PM
imo, both of them are as bad as each other.

-shrug-

each to their own though i guess.

Axel
01-12-2006, 11:57 PM
imo, both of them are as bad as each other.

-shrug-

each to their own though i guess.

But Habbo just limits you to a room. Runescape has a whole world to explore, and you can even make your own house/room just like habbo anyway.

And runescape has over a million players, habbo has liek 15000?

Caution
01-12-2006, 11:58 PM
But Habbo just limits you to a room. Runescape has a whole world to explore, and you can even make your own house/room just like habbo anyway.

Habbo has loads of Hotels though.

ssricky
01-12-2006, 11:59 PM
to be completely honest they are both sad, try real life xD

thats just my opinion even thou i play both its an addiction <.<

OmgAMark
02-12-2006, 05:40 AM

They have a total of less than 1 million players. Runescape has over 2.5 million unique players.

But really... Im better than them all.

Matt-
02-12-2006, 09:28 AM
There both sad,

Habbo is alot worse as you pay irl cash for il

Runescape is better as you learn stuff from it as you train skills to do stuff instead of sending a &#163;3.00 text msg.

Frank459
02-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Runescape has servers? Many more than what habbo has in hotels dude..

There both sad,

Runescape is better as you learn stuff from it as you train skills to do stuff instead of sending a £3.00 text msg.

Yeah. You can play free and earn stuff that way, but most ways you can buy membership, which entitles you to more areas and stuff.

Habbo is just a badge. 2 new public rooms. and a few guest layouts.

VERY popular :rolleyes:

Deco
02-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Everyone Has thier own view , let them have thier view if they think runescape , is sad thats there view...

Habbo , Is Quite Boring though

summer
02-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Yeah. You can play free and earn stuff that way, but most ways you can buy membership, which entitles you to more areas and stuff.

Habbo is just a badge. 2 new public rooms. and a few guest layouts.

VERY popular :rolleyes:

im not trying to stick up for habbo, but you can also play habbo for free. a lot of people just wanna go on habbo to meet new people, to socialize with people they already know etc. it's not all about pixel furni you know?

and with the habbo club thing, you're being completely biased there. it isn't just the things you've stated, and you've actually stated that HC gives you the same kind of things as runescape membership, because "more areas and stuff" on runescape would equal to "new public rooms and guest layouts" on habbo.

There both sad,

Runescape is better as you learn stuff from it as you train skills to do stuff instead of sending a £3.00 text msg.

and that's a lie, because you can play habbo for free, you don't have to pay real life cash for it either if you want furni. same as runescape, you don't have to pay for membership, you can use in-game items. you can also learn stuff on habbo through talking to other people.

some people don't want all them people though. i know when i played habbo, i hated it when loads of people were online. you can't get into the rooms you want to, there's loads of idiots etc etc. and yes runescape does have a whole world, but that's because runescape is more about the training, and [in my opinion] habbo is more about socializing.

Axel
02-12-2006, 10:50 AM
some people don't want all them people though. i know when i played habbo, i hated it when loads of people were online. you can't get into the rooms you want to, there's loads of idiots etc etc. and yes runescape does have a whole world, but that's because runescape is more about the training, and [in my opinion] habbo is more about socializing.

I wasn't talking about it like that, I'm just saying Runescape is much more popular than Habbo.

Youheard
02-12-2006, 10:50 AM

How can you form a non-biased opinion after only playing for 2 minutes? The answer to that is you cant.

summer
02-12-2006, 11:10 AM
How can you form a non-biased opinion after only playing for 2 minutes? The answer to that is you cant.
because he may think that things like paying &#163;5 or however much it is for membership is stupid. he may think that training up skills on an online game is a waste of time. and he may of played for 2 minutes and got so bored he had to exit his browser.

Axel
02-12-2006, 11:16 AM
But the thing is, if you pay membership, you get like 5 times more places to explore. If you pay for HC, you get like 2 rooms, and all you can do in them is sit. What's the difference between sitting in the Theatredome and sitting in a HC room? And I don't even pay my money for membership, I buy it with game money.

summer
02-12-2006, 11:18 AM
But the thing is, if you pay membership, you get like 5 times more places to explore. If you pay for HC, you get like 2 rooms, and all you can do in them is sit. What's the difference between sitting in the Theatredome and sitting in a HC room? And I don't even pay my money for membership, I buy it with game money.
yes but the thing is with both, you're paying money for fake places that are just pixels. someone playing habbo plays habbo because they don't wanna explore a world and train skills, they just wanna sit on their virtual chair and talk to people.

Caution
02-12-2006, 11:21 AM

If you actually read both of my posts you'd realise that I don't like Runescape or Habbo.

tekni
02-12-2006, 12:07 PM
It's my opinion, don't like it - don't have to but to flame me for expressing my opinion is just, well idk.

They're both sad imo.

I only use Habbo for chat really which I find extremely hard to do on RS.

:)

Imnotpure
02-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Well runescape is much better then habbo but till they both have limits of beeing sad. dont hate the game , hate the player.

tekni
02-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Well runescape is much better then habbo but till they both have limits of beeing sad. dont hate the game , hate the player.
Again, that's your own opinion.

My opinion is that RS is sad, and so is Habbo.

But I use Habbo to chat like I said.

:Jamie
02-12-2006, 12:35 PM
It's my opinion, don't like it - don't have to but to flame me for expressing my opinion is just, well idk.

They're both sad imo.

o.o you find chatting on RS hard lol..:rolleyes:

KwikSave
02-12-2006, 12:36 PM
To be honest, its all a matter of opinion. Some people may say Habbo is much better because so and so and others will disagree. You can argue all day and tell people why whats better but at the end of the day people like different things because of different reasons.

tekni
02-12-2006, 12:41 PM
No,

I find generally chatting, like having a conversation about sport or whatever to numerous people as it's used as more of a game rather than a chat system.

:Jamie
02-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Hm I find it more of a "chat system" and have had some good conversations about things with people :)

tekni
02-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Well, that's your opinion :).

I find it more of what it's ment to be, an MMORPG rather than a chat system.

Many people use it for the 'game' side of it and see it as a game and not a chat.

Erin,
02-12-2006, 01:35 PM
I liked habbo before i was ip banned.
I liked making sanctuarys with bird baths and petal floors.

Dotals
02-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Again, that's your own opinion.

My opinion is that RS is sad, and so is Habbo.

But I use Habbo to chat like I said.

You've just made a idiot out of yourself, you use habbo to chat, when you can get peopel to add you on msn..

Yet you have hcs and more on habbo, which I know you do, so don't try think that they're both sad when you play one of them.

Caution
02-12-2006, 02:02 PM
You've just made a idiot out of yourself, you use habbo to chat, when you can get peopel to add you on msn..

Yet you have hcs and more on habbo, which I know you do, so don't try think that they're both sad when you play one of them.
Wth? How did he make an idiot out of himself..?
I use Habbo to chat, I don't make rooms anymore.

Ramones
02-12-2006, 02:27 PM
habbo has got worse, it used to be alright when there were more semi-normal people on it and you could go around and make new friends, now i think it's more you have 10 or so friends and you just hang with them all the time, either that or you sit in a trade room or day. i think runescape is bad for meeting people and chatting just because of the levels e.g 90% of levels 100+ wont talk to levels 50- because dey are n00bz.Anyway i think the games are only sad if you make them sad by overplaying/getting carried away and getting 1337 syndrome.

[Jay]
02-12-2006, 02:59 PM
rs alot better much more to do on habbo you just made room which no one will come to and merchaned all the time :| in rs you can rasie skills chat fight monster and much more and rs is alot better with technical stuff. on habbo if you get hacked thats it its all over but on rs if someone hacks you they have to guess your bank pin and even if they do that you can still get your account back by recoveries

Axel
02-12-2006, 03:01 PM
On Rune you can always tele to Lumbridge and talk in the cellar?

LiveToDie
02-12-2006, 03:26 PM

They're both sad imo.

I dont think he has got past tutorial island yet..

tekni
02-12-2006, 03:39 PM
I dont think he has got past tutorial island yet..
Oh dear, it wouldn't bother me if it was true, but it's not.

I used to play RS, alot but then I realised that it was appealing to me anymore.

Rashelly
02-12-2006, 09:48 PM
How can you say it's easier to chat on habbo? The chat system is messed up, you can't look away from the screen for longer than 10 seconds, or the speech will vanish, and you'd miss it.

Erin,
02-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Habbos well bobba.

Crimson
02-12-2006, 10:13 PM
I agree with it. Runescape is sad in my eyes. :P

Axel
02-12-2006, 10:16 PM

This thread is saying it isn't, if you bothered to use your eyes.

Crimson
02-12-2006, 10:20 PM
I agree with the quote. Take a chill my friend. Maybe runescape is getting to much for you too?

Erin,
02-12-2006, 10:20 PM
A know habbos well better init.

Crimson
02-12-2006, 10:22 PM
I hate habbo too. I hate them both, hehe.

Hoax
02-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Greatest comeback.. EVER kjata! haha

hes a loser, and @ him, you wouldn't spend 10 hours a day making a pizza. So why don't you go decorate a room or something.

Rashelly
02-12-2006, 10:42 PM
no one is forcing you to play it.
That goes for all that have said they don't like it.

Christmas time, let santa drink your bears then collapse on your sofa and steal all of his presents!
Please explain to me how one can drink a bear?

Hoax
02-12-2006, 10:43 PM
I think he meant beers**

Rashelly
02-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Right, because it's SO easy to make that typo (!)

Hoax
02-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Eh? Habbo is considered sad in the eyes of the people that play Runescape and vice-versa. I guess you just have to be more well educated in some way to play Runescape? Because habbo all you have to do is take 'bets' and hope you win.

Oh yeah, and how can you forget the 'hacks' and 'scripts' you actually have to do something in runescape.

Axel
02-12-2006, 11:03 PM

That me me laugh for some reason.

-:Undertaker:-
02-12-2006, 11:16 PM
My Opinion on these 2 games

Habbo - Oviously I like this game, I like it because of a Trading Market that's on it, I like it because of a lot of nice people you can meet on it and you can talk to friends on it, However certain people are stuck up nerds who hack people for furniture which them people bought out of their money. I think the Graphics on Habbo are quite good and as it moves along the versions it gets better.

Runescape - I dislike this game, you say Hello to someone on it and they say "Go away you lvl 25 noob", people don't talk about anything besides what lvl you are on it, oviously not everyone is like that but from my experiance that's what the majority is like. Runescape's Graphics suck and I think the game would be pretty good if they revamped everything, The things like quests on runescape are ok but I suppose but could be made better with improving the graphics.

Crimson
02-12-2006, 11:18 PM
no one is forcing you to play it.
That goes for all that have said they don't like it.

I did not say anyone is forcing me to play it. Likewise, no one is forcing you to backchat me thinking your hard. :rolleyes:

It is called an error, please explain why You didn't use a capital at the beggining of you sentance. "no one...".

Anyway;

I have never met so many rude people in my life, all of them from Runescape. I dont think the word "Nice", or any other kind term, comes to the world of Runescape.

Axel
02-12-2006, 11:20 PM
My Opinion on these 2 games

Habbo - Oviously I like this game, I like it because of a Trading Market that's on it, I like it because of a lot of nice people you can meet on it and you can talk to friends on it, However certain people are stuck up nerds who hack people for furniture which them people bought out of their money. I think the Graphics on Habbo are quite good and as it moves along the versions it gets better.

Runescape - I dislike this game, you say Hello to someone on it and they say "Go away you lvl 25 noob", people don't talk about anything besides what lvl you are on it, oviously not everyone is like that but from my experiance that's what the majority is like. Runescape's Graphics suck and I think the game would be pretty good if they revamped everything, The things like quests on runescape are ok but I suppose but could be made better with improving the graphics.

LMAO! That is a load of crap. You can NOT say Habbo's graphics are good, and runescape's arent. Habbo is stupid 2d people. And Runescape ia always having graphical updates anyway.

Hoax
02-12-2006, 11:21 PM
However certain people are stuck up nerds who hack people for furniture which them people bought out of their money.

I believe it's against the Habbo Way to buy furniture with actual money.

I think the Graphics on Habbo are quite good and as it moves along the versions it gets better.

Tbh, I've never seen a graphics change on Habbo. Some say Runescape graphics are terrible yet they completely kill Habbo graphics wise.

I dislike this game, you say Hello to someone on it and they say "Go away you lvl 25 noob", people don't talk about anything besides what lvl you are on it, oviously not everyone is like that but from my experiance that's what the majority is like.

I believe the ' go away noob ' part is the same for Habbo with all the 'rich' guys who are massive stuck ups.

Axel
02-12-2006, 11:23 PM
I believe it's against the Habbo Way to buy furniture with actual money.

Tbh, I've never seen a graphics change on Habbo. Some say Runescape graphics are terrible yet they completely kill Habbo graphics wise.

[quote]I dislike this game, you say Hello to someone on it and they say "Go away you lvl 25 noob", people don't talk about anything besides what lvl you are on it, oviously not everyone is like that but from my experiance that's what the majority is like. [QUOTE]

I believe the ' go away noob ' part is the same for Habbo with all the 'rich' guys who are massive stuck ups.

Totally what I wanted to say.

Crimson
02-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Runescape graphics is one of the most disgusting styles I have ever seen in my entire life. Habbo is cartoon. Runescape try to make it semi-realistic but have failed, extremely.

Hoax
02-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Atleast runescape have made an attempt Crimson. Anyway's it's on a game off a website. You can't compare them to games like WoW, Console Games or any other computer games.

Axel
Runescape graphics is one of the most disgusting styles I have ever seen in my entire life. Habbo is cartoon. Runescape try to make it semi-realistic but have failed, extremely.

Ye, but Runescape still owns Habbo's graphics.

LMAO! That is a load of crap. You can NOT say Habbo's graphics are good, and runescape's arent. Habbo is stupid 2d people. And Runescape ia always having graphical updates anyway.

No, I think you have a big Problem if you can't accept MY opinion, Runescapes graphics are so bad you cannot even see there faces :P Oh wow they've updated the Buckets !!

I CAN say Habbo's graphics are good because that's my opinion whether you like it or not.

Crimson
02-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Not quite.

Oh another thing:

If someone was to call you "noob" people take it like you have said the worst thing in the world! Now that is funny, they F* and blind like I've never seen before!

Hoax
02-12-2006, 11:26 PM
I just came to realise that you can't really compare Habbo and Runescape graphics. Habbo is Pixel Art and RuneScape was made off a 3d program.

Pointless arguing over how a game that can be made on paint is better than Runescape Graphics.

Crimson
02-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Kjata, you are so stuburn. You cannot accept others arguments. :rofl:

I just came to realise that you can't really compare Habbo and Runescape graphics. Habbo is Pixel Art and RuneScape was made off a 3d program.

Pointless arguing over how a game that can be made on paint is better than Runescape Graphics.

But it is really bad 3D graphics! Habbo is good pixel art so it is a fair argument! :P

Youheard
02-12-2006, 11:29 PM
When you take into consideration Runescape requires no purchase of a CD to install (unlike games such as WoW) the graphics are pretty impressive. Maybe when you can do a better job and be worth the amount of money the Gower brothers are then you can critisise?

02-12-2006, 11:30 PM

Yep, Habbo is a cartoon while RS looks like badly done plasticine.

Also your saying we can't compare Habbo to RS because it was made on Paint. What planet are you on? I can compare a Orange to a Apple even though they are grown on completly different tree's I can still compare them.

Hoax
02-12-2006, 11:30 PM
You took the words I was looking for right out my mouth, with the CD part. You can't argue with that.

Undertaker, we're comparing the skills of the maker. Not the fruits. Do you think you can make RuneScape graphics on paint? I bet you can make Habbo Graphics on the program that RuneScape use since just about any design program can ;)

Crimson
02-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Even KnightOnline has better graphics and you dont need a CD for that! Now if Runescape had the same gameplay but graphics like KO then it would be pretty good.

Axel
02-12-2006, 11:33 PM
With the graphics thing, you're practically saying you prefer Rayman's graphics to the first Spyro's graphics.

Hoax
02-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Crimson, Knight Online is an MMORPG so it has to have better graphics to keep up with the standards in it's Genre. Runescape is a MMOAG [adventure] it doesn't fit into the same category so you can't have that good of graphics on a game you don't dowload.

02-12-2006, 11:36 PM
You took the words I was looking for right out my mouth, with the CD part. You can't argue with that.

Undertaker, we're comparing the skills of the maker. Not the fruits. Do you think you can make RuneScape graphics on paint? I bet you can make Habbo Graphics on the program that RuneScape use since just about any design program can ;)

The fruit was an example..

Just because RS Graphics were made on a "Better" program doesn't make them better.

Hoax
02-12-2006, 11:36 PM
I'm not saying that an apple tree is better quality than an orange, am I?

Rashelly
02-12-2006, 11:39 PM
I did not say anyone is forcing me to play it. Likewise, no one is forcing you to backchat me thinking your hard. :rolleyes:
It wasn't directly aimed at you, your post was just the perfect example, if you read correctly I said "and that goes for all" - meaning that if you don't like it, don't play it, and if you don't play it, there's no reason to be bothered with how sad, or unsad it is. As for the last part of that quote, that's too ridiculous to contemplate, so I'll choose to ignore it.

It is called an error, please explain why You didn't use a capital at the beggining of you sentance. "no one...".

Obviously I was aware that it was an error, a dead duck would realise that, but you seem to miss the humour that was in the error, the dead duck would have also picked up on that...That's saying something about you.
If you want to get picky about spelling and grammar, I can point out many mistakes in just that one post, so don't push me.

As for the graphics, both games have poor graphics, the reason being, they're BROWSER GAMES...Enough said.

As for the social side, again, both games have their ups and downs, since they're both played by mainly children, of course you're going to get rude little brats...That's the reason they're an ignore list.

Axel
02-12-2006, 11:39 PM
The fruit was an example..

Just because RS Graphics were made on a "Better" program doesn't make them better.

Yet, they are better.

Hoax
02-12-2006, 11:41 PM
This thread's going to be closed anytime soon anyways, so it was fun while it lasted though.

Axel
02-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Ye, just full of stuck up people thinking Habbo is better.

In conclusion, Runescape totally owns Habbo. The graphics are better, the game play is better, there is much more to do, it isn't run by stupid 18 year olds or whatever, I could go on.

RUNESCAPE > HABBO

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!