PDA

View Full Version : Abortion

DiscoPat
02-12-2006, 02:25 PM
What are your views on it?

Do you think religion has a big say in your choice of having the
baby removed?

Does the baby have the right to live before it is born?

discuss

hit-by-a-car
02-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Abortions rule. All these people who say its wrong, IT WOULD BE EVEN WRONGER TO HAVE A KID AT 15/14 =/

Eamonn
02-12-2006, 04:11 PM
My religion is against it but I have to be honest as I have my own opinions of it and I think that if the women carrying the baby decides to have an abortion that we should respect their decision.

DiscoPat
02-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Yeah, and religion isnt gonna be next to you helping with the pain mentaly and physically

Sure
02-12-2006, 06:03 PM
ah, ive done this in religious ed in school
i think a women should be able to have an abortion if she wishes, its her choice really. If its unwanted if the situation wasn't right e.g. rape then she should be able to choose if she keeps the baby or not also its her body and she has the right to choose how she has it.

,Jess,
02-12-2006, 06:24 PM
im totally against abortion. It's like as soon as the embryo is made all genetic coding and stuff is in place so everything is decided about how the baby is going to look. I just think that life begins straight away. I think in cases like rape it might seem right to have an abortion but it's not the child fault and there's always adoption. I know everyones got their own opinions and reasons for abortion so I think it depends on the person and the situation but on the whole i'm against it.

Tiuhdur
02-12-2006, 06:39 PM
i think that haveing an abortion, however young you are, is wrong because i beleive the embryo is thinking as soon as its created and i think its killing a human being i mean if you up it a few years your parents dont like you so would you really want the doctor to kill you? just because your unwanted. if i had a gf that wanted an abortion id say no, have the baby then put it up for adoption because then ur not taking a life away

FlyingJesus
02-12-2006, 06:52 PM
i think that haveing an abortion, however young you are, is wrong because i beleive the embryo is thinking as soon as its created and i think its killing a human being i mean if you up it a few years your parents dont like you so would you really want the doctor to kill you? just because your unwanted. if i had a gf that wanted an abortion id say no, have the baby then put it up for adoption because then ur not taking a life away

The brain doesn't develop until about 7 weeks, so you clearly aren't thinking as soon as the sperm meets the egg. As for adoption, it wouldn't work in all cases. How many people are looking to adopt a disabled black child?

hit-by-a-car
02-12-2006, 07:04 PM
The brain doesn't develop until about 7 weeks, so you clearly aren't thinking as soon as the sperm meets the egg. As for adoption, it wouldn't work in all cases. How many people are looking to adopt a disabled black child?
Geroge Bush has thousands.

Twinkie
02-12-2006, 07:53 PM
If the woman have a valid enough reason to have abortion, then it's their choice. Reasons like getting raped, if it's a health/medical issue that the person would be in a harmful state if she gets pregnant and gives birth, incest, etc. But as for those little girls out there getting pregnant because of stupid decisions, they shouldn't be using abortion as a form of birth control. That is what birth control pills and condoms are for, dummy.

In an ideal world, everyone would love their children. In an ideal world, everyone would want their children; and in an ideal world, everyone would have the means to support their children. This isn't an ideal world; getting rid of abortions would be getting rid of a choice for other people who either need them or want them bad enough. And I'm pretty certain that it will create MORE problems. You're going to have more women using coat hangers (the black alley abortion, as they say) and punching themselves in the stomach. And it will continue to happen in much worse scenarios. Right now, abortion is semi-legal, how much more if it's 100 percent illegal? I dread at the thought of women finding ways to kill their fetus in a much more brutal manner.

Kotu
02-12-2006, 07:54 PM
For and against.

I am for it if the parents really feel it is better for them not to bring a baby into the world, if adoption isn't a feasible option, or if it means the Mother will experience serious health problems during the pregnancy.

I'm against it if it's just for the sake of cosmetics, ie. if the baby is disabled; the sex they didn't want, etc.

Ashley 12344
03-12-2006, 04:29 PM
I think it shold be the choice of BOTH parents, not just the mother.
And should vary on circumstance.

FlyingJesus
03-12-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm against it if it's just for the sake of cosmetics, ie. if the baby is disabled; the sex they didn't want, etc.

Why? If they don't want it for that reason then it clearly won't receive the love and attention that children should have, so they might as well not have that kid and have one later.

RedStratocas
03-12-2006, 10:13 PM
What people forget is that there arent people lining up in the street to adopt kids, its not like someone automatically comes and raises the child.

Dan2nd
03-12-2006, 10:40 PM
I am against it not only because of my religion but because that baby could have cured cancer could have been a key part of history

kolopo
03-12-2006, 10:45 PM
I don't think I could personally have an abortion but i'm not against it. it all depends on when people believe that life begins. i personally think it's when it's outside the mothers womb. i mean, for those who believe it begins at the moment of conception, should i be 9 months older than i am?

RedStratocas
04-12-2006, 01:12 AM
I am against it not only because of my religion but because that baby could have cured cancer could have been a key part of history

Also could have been a mass murder too.

Herman
04-12-2006, 07:25 AM
I'm for and against it.

If the woman was pregnant due to rape etc; without her consent, she has the right to abort the baby. But if the woman had sex without protection amd being pregnant, imo it's her own fault she wasn't careful and in this case I don't think she should be allowed to abort. She has to bare the conciquences (sp?).

FlyingJesus
04-12-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm for and against it.

If the woman was pregnant due to rape etc; without her consent, she has the right to abort the baby. But if the woman had sex without protection amd being pregnant, imo it's her own fault she wasn't careful and in this case I don't think she should be allowed to abort. She has to bare the conciquences (sp?).

Surely if a woman is forced to have a baby that she doesn't want it will not be as well cared for as a baby from someone who does want to be a parent, and therefore would be a rather bad idea.

surfer
04-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Im against it personaly. I just hate the way you can practicly kill another person :( If its from rape its fine but your own fault or your choice or whatever id have it and adopt :D

Dan2nd
04-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Also could have been a mass murder too.

yep suppose it could have been that to... :rolleyes:

DiscoPat
04-12-2006, 07:58 PM
there is also the argument of everyone has the right to live

FlyingJesus
05-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Im against it personaly. I just hate the way you can practicly kill another person :( If its from rape its fine but your own fault or your choice or whatever id have it and adopt :D

So if a child is born and is a rape victim then they can be killed and it doesn't matter as much? I'm for abortion so I shouldn't really be helping your case but still, if you're going to have an opinion make sure it makes sense..

GJay
06-12-2006, 03:14 PM
I would only have an abortion before 24 weeks. it cannot feel any pain and at least it wouldn't know about it.
I woudln't want to abort really...but unfortuantely Karl doesn't want children...so I'd be stuck in a nasty dilemna.

Kymux
06-12-2006, 03:29 PM
I FINK ITS SICK COZ IM A NUN.

no im gd with i aslong as the baby doesnt feel anything :)

benjamin
06-12-2006, 03:32 PM
i have no religion. but i am totally AGAINST abortion.

DiscoPat
06-12-2006, 04:35 PM
But why are you totally against it? What if the mother got rapped?

UltimateRare
06-12-2006, 08:30 PM
I think that it is harsh and should be restrcited slitghtly, but I do understand that it can happen but as a last resort.

benjamin
06-12-2006, 08:34 PM
But why are you totally against it? What if the mother got rapped?
carry on with pregnancy & put baby up for adoption when it's born.

FlyingJesus
07-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Then the child grows up knowing that it's the spawn of a rapist and a rape victim, and also knowing that the mother has/had no interest in it once it was born. Also, there aren't exactly massive queues of people waiting to adopt just any kid.

benjamin
07-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Then the child grows up knowing that it's the spawn of a rapist and a rape victim, and also knowing that the mother has/had no interest in it once it was born. Also, there aren't exactly massive queues of people waiting to adopt just any kid.
it's better than being killed..

TheLastShadow
07-12-2006, 12:30 AM
What people forget is that there arent people lining up in the street to adopt kids, its not like someone automatically comes and raises the child.
No. Alot of people want babies...Why do u think babies are locked up in the hospital in a room? So they wont get stolen.

RedStratocas
07-12-2006, 11:34 PM
No. Alot of people want babies...Why do u think babies are locked up in the hospital in a room? So they wont get stolen.

...What? They are put in a hospital room because its logical. What would they do otherwise with them, throw them outside? It has nothing to do with them being 'stolen'.

Face it, there are thousands of unwanted children without parents everywhere.

TheLastShadow
07-12-2006, 11:39 PM
...What? They are put in a hospital room because its logical. What would they do otherwise with them, throw them outside? It has nothing to do with them being 'stolen'.

Face it, there are thousands of unwanted children without parents everywhere.
I know its logical..But theyere locked up..There must be a reason why there locked up. Cause babies are always getting stolen..

FlyingJesus
08-12-2006, 01:16 AM
Babies really don't get stolen all that often. I've never stolen a baby, and I don't know anyone who has. The people who do steal babies are either paedophiles or desperate parents who have just lost their own child and go a bit mad. You don't get people wandering around in the baby units saying the themselves "damn, if only this door wasn't locked I could steal all these babies and give them loving homes".

JackHb
09-12-2006, 12:58 PM
I think it's wrong. Most 14 year olds who are having sex and get pregnant know exactly what they are doing, alot of girls i know who i am mates with had sex 13,14,15 etc and they knew exactly what they are doing.

But however if she has been raped or other circusmtances then i agree with it. But if the girl knew what she was doing and getting her self into then she should have to deal with it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!