PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft XBox 360 or Nintendo Wii (AFKA Revolution)?

Demynx
02-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Okay, I'm buying both consoles but I wanna wait to get one in the next 7 months which one should I get first?

XBox 360

or

Nintendo Wii

No console fanboys, please!

ssricky
02-12-2006, 04:00 PM
tbh get 360 first since it has awider variety of games atm then get wii as it will have dropped by then and have more games

Homesrfan
02-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Wii -but they're both really awesome!

Hoax
02-12-2006, 04:34 PM
xbox 360 all the way. I just bought Gears of War yesterday and omg that is one sick game. also if you're lazy the wii won't be too good for you lolz.

Infrontation
02-12-2006, 04:39 PM
xbox 360.

Demynx
02-12-2006, 04:46 PM
XBox 360- 3 Nintendo Wii- 1

Untill theres 10 votes, if i get the 360 which games should I get besides Gears of War. GTA and Halo 3?

Pixel
02-12-2006, 04:53 PM
If I was going to get both, I would get the 360 first because it has more games as it's been out over a year, the wii has only just came out so there wont me a huge amount of games, in 7 months it will have alot more games to choose from.

reindeer.
02-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Me says 360 purely cos of graphical capabilites and wider variety of games.

tekni
02-12-2006, 05:57 PM
360 :)

SimplyTech
02-12-2006, 06:05 PM
wii - Much cheaper, free online etc.
Only a few good games on the 360
Gears of war and viva piniata but ultimatley its your decision

Neil
02-12-2006, 06:07 PM
I'd go for Wii, looked bad at first but that Wii sports looks like so much fun to play :o If 360 was cheaper I would go for that cause I want Halo 3 and Assassins Creed but right now the Wii looks like a more fun console :P

SimplyTech
02-12-2006, 06:09 PM
People say wait till there are good games on the wii, well wait till theres good games on the 360 like halo 3 as its more likely to drop as its bin out longer and its more expensive.

DJ-Ali
02-12-2006, 06:15 PM
I'd get a Wii. And over the next few months you can expect awesome games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl & Wario Ware coming out.

So, I would get a wii. :)

ssricky
02-12-2006, 07:05 PM
10 games for 360 that u shud get

1-gears of war
2-halo 3
3-call of duty 3
4-rainbow 6 vegas(this game is crazy online)
5-fight night round 3
6-halo wars (http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=T000659)
7-need for speed carbon
8-dead rising ( a good game if u jsut want to let a bunch of emotions out a pointless game just basically u beat the heck out of anything that moves)
9-tiger woods pga 07(i personally hate golf but this game is pretty good)
10-oblivion IV the elder scrolls

Neil
02-12-2006, 07:20 PM

1-gears of war
2-halo 3
3-call of duty 3
5-fight night round 3
7-need for speed carbon
8-dead rising ( a good game if u jsut want to let a bunch of emotions out a pointless game just basically u beat the heck out of anything that moves)

Agreed, Call of Duty 3 is an amazing game :D same with The Elders Scrolls VI Oblivion :P

ssricky
02-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Agreed, Call of Duty 3 is an amazing game :D same with The Elders Scrolls VI Oblivion :P

ya i got addicted to call of duty 3 for wii the way they set it up was amazing and also addicted to rainbow six vegas i personally like it out of all the tom clancy games

SimplyTech
02-12-2006, 09:15 PM

1-gears of war
2-halo 3
3-call of duty 3
5-fight night round 3
7-need for speed carbon
No offence but i think this more or less proves a point. The wii version of cod 3 is better it has worse graphics but a much better control syster right, yet wii owners wouldnt rate this game higher than many others yet 360 owners do. Meaning the wii has better games if u no what i mean.

Josh-H
02-12-2006, 10:02 PM
No offence but i think this more or less proves a point. The wii version of cod 3 is better it has worse graphics but a much better control syster right, yet wii owners wouldnt rate this game higher than many others yet 360 owners do. Meaning the wii has better games if u no what i mean.

Oh your just pathetic now, your a fanboy. Anything Wii is immediately better than anything 360. Grow up.

SimplyTech
02-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Oh your just pathetic now, your a fanboy. Anything Wii is immediately better than anything 360. Grow up.

If by fanboy you mean im a nintendo fan then yes, but if you mean im completely obsessed then no. I achknowledge that the 360 is a good console but in my opinion the only part it betters the wii in is graphics.

ssricky
02-12-2006, 10:22 PM
If by fanboy you mean im a nintendo fan then yes, but if you mean im completely obsessed then no. I achknowledge that the 360 is a good console but in my opinion the only part it betters the wii in is graphics.

well then you would be wrong your trying to compare 2 different things wii was designed for the "younger" crowd tahts y it is so interactive and has the games that it has such as monkey ball and viva pinata and all taht 360 was designed for the mature gun slinger crowd thats why it has halo and gears of war if u read my posts properly i admited call of duty 3 was better for wii but wii has a long way to go before it can be considered better than 360 in my opinion the only thing wii has going for it is the motion capture and its only good for select games such as red steel and zelda and call of duty and wii sports boxing!

kano
02-12-2006, 10:35 PM
u can get free online with 360, set up a silver account and u get a free 1 month gold membership

Dan
02-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Id say wii, they look really fun :P

ssricky
02-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Id say wii, they look really fun :P

chavmo is wrong wii only has 5 decent games out atm while xbox 360 has a wide variety plus u can play xbox games on it too which means halo2 ;]

Lycan
02-12-2006, 11:43 PM
friend of mine has both... he prefers the Wii .... so i'd go for the wii

wish i could afford just one

Demynx
03-12-2006, 01:10 AM
XBox 360-9 Wii-6 1 more vote till xbox 360 wins.

Simmzay
03-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Wii, easily.

But if you get a 360, PLEASE GET PERFECT DARK. It's an awesome game and it rules to eternity. To me, the thoughts of Smash Bros online is probably the best thing that could ever happen, ever. It'll make Wii that much better and therefore it grants my vote.

360 is cool, too.

NintendoFreak
04-12-2006, 09:06 PM
well then you would be wrong your trying to compare 2 different things wii was designed for the "younger" crowd tahts y it is so interactive and has the games that it has such as monkey ball and viva pinata and all taht 360 was designed for the mature gun slinger crowd thats why it has halo and gears of war if u read my posts properly i admited call of duty 3 was better for wii but wii has a long way to go before it can be considered better than 360 in my opinion the only thing wii has going for it is the motion capture and its only good for select games such as red steel and zelda and call of duty and wii sports boxing!
Prolouge: I like both want to get a 360 getting a wii for xmas.

But however the wii wasn't designed for younger crowds it had games like ; red steel were you decapititate people (not good for kids) and COD3 (Same) etc Wii is for everyone 360 is for everyone albeit?

Over and out.

Bear-Max
04-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Or maybe COD3 just isn't as good on the Wii?

Seriously dude, the Wii is barely out. It has Wii Sports and Zelda, and that's all your going to get as far as REALLY good gaming goes for quite a while. Sure, when SSBB, Mario and Metroid come out, it will be amazing, but for now the 360 has a better selection of titles. There is absolutely no point trying to argue against that, because my friend it's true. Any system that has been released for a year already is going to have a better selection of titles.

I would advise you get a 360. There are some fantastic games available at the moment, to mention but a few: Gears, Oblivion, PDZ, Kameo, Ghost Recon, Dead Rising, Viva Pinata and Project Gotham. The Wii looks really promising, but I'd wait if you can only get one in the next few months.

You
04-12-2006, 11:46 PM
xbox 360, i just bought it the other day, great value for cash =)

Crunk
05-12-2006, 03:33 AM
wii - Much cheaper, free online etc.
Only a few good games on the 360
Gears of war and viva piniata but ultimatley its your decision
VIVA PINATA!!!
U JOKING ME
THAT GAME SUCKS!

360 all the way
Price difference is about the same now..

05-12-2006, 01:24 PM
360 .

SimplyTech
05-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Or maybe COD3 just isn't as good on the Wii?

Seriously dude, the Wii is barely out. It has Wii Sports and Zelda, and that's all your going to get as far as REALLY good gaming goes for quite a while. Sure, when SSBB, Mario and Metroid come out, it will be amazing, but for now the 360 has a better selection of titles. There is absolutely no point trying to argue against that, because my friend it's true. Any system that has been released for a year already is going to have a better selection of titles.

I would advise you get a 360. There are some fantastic games available at the moment, to mention but a few: Gears, Oblivion, PDZ, Kameo, Ghost Recon, Dead Rising, Viva Pinata and Project Gotham. The Wii looks really promising, but I'd wait if you can only get one in the next few months.
Cod on the wii is the same version except better controls

Gears of war-Very good but not fantastic
Oblivion-Good
PDZ-Not all its cracked up to be
Kameo-Wth its ****
Ghost recon-Good but not amazing
Dead rising-Good at first but becomes much of the same
Viva pinata-My sort of game, fun.
Project gotham-Good if you like racing games but much like 1 and 2

None of those are fantastic in my opinion

Azul
05-12-2006, 06:00 PM

Oblivion-Good
Kameo-Wth its ****

Oh dear, clearly biased opinions.

For a start Gears of War has to be one of the best games ever released it's fantastic, on and offline. Oblivion, one of the best RPG's ive ever played.

I actually agree with PDZ, was very disappointed with that. Kameo, cannot comment, haven't played.

GRAW: Awesome. Online play especially, although the online play has dried out abit since the release of GOW it is still my favourtie multiplayer game.

Dead Rising, I agree very good not fantastic.

Viva Pinata, not played, looks decent.

PGR3, brilliant race simulator, must have for 360 really.

Maybe slightly biased there too, but I know a good game when I see one, and they're all very good.

Yggdrasill
06-12-2006, 07:48 AM
Simplytech, speak the truth for once.

I love the wii, I would pick the wii first. but Xbox 360 is such a great console to! Simplytech, I do not understand why you have to debate about every little thing. When someone says get something different from the wii I wasn't suprised the next post was made by you talking about how ''crap it was''. Face it SimplyTech, the wii is not god.

your being biased towards the wii, that's all. Sometimes you need to face the facts.

and I would say pick the wii. but xbox 360 is great to. so um, up to you.

mnbvjifhgtge
06-12-2006, 08:00 AM
i personally would get a wii but thats because i just dont like microsoft products. i also think the wii has a better lineup of relase titles it also looks better in terms of price and console design.

SimplyTech
06-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Im not baised its my opinion everyone has there own opinion. My next door has a 360 and i play it all the time. As i said i like gears of war its great but id rather play goldeneye than it despite the graphical difference.

As for ghost recon and Project gotham they are good but they are much of the same, the gameplay is to similar to their xbox predocessers for my likeing

Neversoft
06-12-2006, 06:02 PM
I'd get the Wii first. As The Xbox 360 still costs more than the Wii and It might have gone down in price in 7 months.

But from the looks of it, you haven't preordered a Wii already, so I'd say you have no chance in getting one. You won't get a Wii any time soon now.

Neversoft
06-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Sorry for double posting, couldn't edit.

wii was designed for the "younger" crowd tahts y it is so interactive

The Wii is designed for all ages actually. Nintendo are trying to get older gamers to play. ;)
Just because the Gamecube had a few 'kiddie' games, doesn't mean that it was for kids. Same goes for the Wii.

Lost-Shark
06-12-2006, 07:38 PM
360 Defo, I Got It Wen It Came Out, Games To Recomend Erm Probz Call Of Duty 3 Project Gotham Racing 3 or if ur a RPG fan Oblivion :P Hope Dis Helpz. Lost.

Jamexy
06-12-2006, 09:34 PM

Oblivion-Good
Kameo-Wth its ****

Even thought I'd rather get a Wii than a 360, You need to be shot.

Both consoles are totally different for a start.
The xbox 360 has about a years worth of titles out so OBVIOUSLY is going to have the wider selection of games. It has Halo 3 (Which will ROCK) and so on and so forth.

The Wii isn't even out yet in the Uk (2 Days :D). The launch is an improvment on the gamecubes for definate. The Wii has a whole 4/5 years infront of it yet. Wii sports looks like a right laugh and is a great way to exercise and all that.

If it was my choice think about the Wiis launch titles and all the titles out for the 360 and see which you'd have more fun with. I'm not into the whole "OMGDZZZ YAEH TEH XBOXX SUXX CUZ LIKE THW WII AZ A WAVEY CONTROLLERS!!!1!" Theyre both TOTALLY different. And as for graphics, graphics don't make the game great. Look at games like Goldeneye or Super Mario 64.

/Rant :]

Infrontation
06-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Oh dear, clearly biased opinions.

For a start Gears of War has to be one of the best games ever released it's fantastic, on and offline. Oblivion, one of the best RPG's ive ever played.

I actually agree with PDZ, was very disappointed with that. Kameo, cannot comment, haven't played.

GRAW: Awesome. Online play especially, although the online play has dried out abit since the release of GOW it is still my favourtie multiplayer game.

Dead Rising, I agree very good not fantastic.

Viva Pinata, not played, looks decent.

PGR3, brilliant race simulator, must have for 360 really.

Maybe slightly biased there too, but I know a good game when I see one, and they're all very good.

I agree with you

SimplyTech
06-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Even thought I'd rather get a Wii than a 360, You need to be shot.

Both consoles are totally different for a start.
The xbox 360 has about a years worth of titles out so OBVIOUSLY is going to have the wider selection of games. It has Halo 3 (Which will ROCK) and so on and so forth.

The Wii isn't even out yet in the Uk (2 Days :D). The launch is an improvment on the gamecubes for definate. The Wii has a whole 4/5 years infront of it yet. Wii sports looks like a right laugh and is a great way to exercise and all that.

If it was my choice think about the Wiis launch titles and all the titles out for the 360 and see which you'd have more fun with. I'm not into the whole "OMGDZZZ YAEH TEH XBOXX SUXX CUZ LIKE THW WII AZ A WAVEY CONTROLLERS!!!1!" Theyre both TOTALLY different. And as for graphics, graphics don't make the game great. Look at games like Goldeneye or Super Mario 64.

/Rant :]
You are a wise person ;)

for the last time everyone its not that im baised its my OPINION i like innovation and i dont care atall for graphics, gameplay over graphics is my way.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!