PDA

View Full Version : My Best mate is trying to cut his leg =/

hit-by-a-car
02-12-2006, 04:04 PM
My Best mate, is being bullied, the sort of. Physical Bullying. He is getting thumped in the nose, he even had all of his cloths robbed once. Thanks to me i have been able to stick up for him. But its geting worse. Every night he goes to bed and starts digging at the back of his legs with a knife.

Eamonn
02-12-2006, 04:09 PM
You need to tell a teacher or his parents, I know people who have been in situations like that where something is happening to someone and there friend has had to do the right thing and tell a teacher/parents and it has even cost them there friendship, but it is the risk you have to take as a friend, you may lose his friendship in betraying his trust but you know that in your heart you have done the right thing and that he will be better off in the long run and may even come to forgive you when he sees the error of his ways.

hit-by-a-car
02-12-2006, 04:12 PM
i carnt he lives with his dad. and he doesnt let let him play out much.

His dad wouldent care, and a few days ago he actully has one big slash. Im worried. Ill tell my mum and dad and tehy wont belive me.

Eamonn
02-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Your mum and dad should believe you over such a serious issue, if he goes to the same school as you tell a teacher!

Kotu
02-12-2006, 07:59 PM
If it's getting that bad, you and him need to report it to someone if you haven't done so already. Report it to the school if it's happening inside the school grounds, if you feel uncomfortable about reporting it to your school, then go to the police. Physical violence is illegal, and they will do their best to look out for you and your friend.

If your friend is feeling suicidal, or feels he has to injure himself as a result of being bullied then please try and talk him into seeing a doctor or talking out his problems with someone he trusts. No one deserves to be treat like dirt; and pushed to the point where they can not cope. It just isn't nice.

I hope your friend feels better soon and gets through this experience spiritually stronger. :)

Ashley 12344
03-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Sit him down, talk to him, tell people.

If all else fails, buy him a baseball bat for Christmas.

RyaREXIC
04-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Tell him it's pathetic & losers cut them selves for attention.
& to handle it a different way.

cocaine
04-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Tell him it's pathetic & losers cut them selves for attention.
& to handle it a different way.

who the :rude: do you think you are?

he's being bullied for christ sake, and you think its for attention?

:rolleyes:

RyaREXIC
04-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Read it again, I said that people cut themselves for attention, and that he should handle it a different way.

hit-by-a-car
04-12-2006, 11:12 PM
i told him, hes stopped. i seen his legs in Pe, today there all diced up.

:Hazel
04-12-2006, 11:17 PM
A responsible adult needs to be told otherwise it could spiral out of control & have drastic consequences.

Dentafrice1
04-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Emo people cut themselves.

I do not understand it. You are already in pain.. why would you want to be in more pain?

I dont get it..

BL!NKEY
04-12-2006, 11:33 PM
who the :rude: do you think you are?

he's being bullied for christ sake, and you think its for attention?

:rolleyes:

So he copes with the bullying by cutting himself. Cutting himself so other people will see the cuts and go OMG look at that guy I must talk to him about his problems.

Very responsible.

If he needed to he could go to the school and tell them. They would surly do something about it like move him into different classes or something.

sarey
05-12-2006, 12:47 AM
cutting is not attention seeking -.-
sterotypers. :/

Just talk to him and tell him that people can help him cope in safer ways.

Lycan
05-12-2006, 12:53 AM
don't just start a convresation on it with him, he probebly wants to no his true friends

so go to the cinema or just make teh guy laugh so hes happy then get down to the serrious problem and talk to him ... works with my friends when they are in that kind of place

hit-by-a-car
05-12-2006, 07:55 AM
Hes stopped cutting his legs now.

Jacada
05-12-2006, 11:34 AM
As you now know he does it, you have to tell a teacher and they will inform his parents.

It is against the law to not tell anyone.
This is a serious issue and you must tell a teacher thats the only person you need to tell, as they will tell the persons parents and arrange help for them.

Why doesn't he move school if hes gettin bullied? And why isnt he telling his parents, he can sort it out him self if he trys and as for self harming its just a way to seek attention so make sure he gets it go straight to a teacher.

Machine Head
08-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Emo people cut themselves.

I do not understand it. You are already in pain.. why would you want to be in more pain?

I dont get it..

When are you going to get it into your head that not all Emo's cut themselves? I mean, are you an Emo? 'Coz if you're not, how the hell can you say every Emo cuts themselves? :rolleyes:

Anyway, a teacher needs to know about the bullying. They'll deal with it nicely, or let the police know if it happens outside school property, because I guess it's basically like Assault (sp?)?

Have a nice quiet chat with with your friend. Let him know that hurting himself isn't going to stop the bullying, and that he should stop it.

Eamonn
08-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Matt, cutting is sort of for attention but some people mis-interpret the sort of the attention they are seeking for, not the kind of attention of which they are egocentric but the attention for help.

Fonejacker
09-12-2006, 12:04 AM
"Emo" Stands for Emotional Doesn't it? and when people get Emotional and depresed they tend to cut them selves so they forget about the Problem in there life and consontrate on the Slice they have just made in the wrists... Thats what i alsways though let me know if im wrong...

So you can't really have a go at caleb...

If you think im talking out of my :rude: it's cause i've not been sleep in 24 hours

cocaine
09-12-2006, 12:29 AM
Matt, cutting is sort of for attention but some people mis-interpret the sort of the attention they are seeking for, not the kind of attention of which they are egocentric but the attention for help.

Sort of attention yeah, but not to show off or anything.

Machine Head
09-12-2006, 11:38 AM
"Emo" Stands for Emotional Doesn't it? and when people get Emotional and depresed they tend to cut them selves so they forget about the Problem in there life and consontrate on the Slice they have just made in the wrists... Thats what i alsways though let me know if im wrong...

So you can't really have a go at caleb...

If you think im talking out of my :rude: it's cause i've not been sleep in 24 hours

And emotional is sad, happy etc, which proves Emo's aren't always depressed and cut themselves.

Anyway, I'm not gonna argue, this isn't the right thread :rolleyes:

Fonejacker
09-12-2006, 04:03 PM
And emotional is sad, happy etc, which proves Emo's aren't always depressed and cut themselves.

Anyway, I'm not gonna argue, this isn't the right thread :rolleyes:

:S I know what emotional means... And i said " Emotional and Depresed " Meaning there down in the dumps whitch leads on to them self harming
In some cases... So... Shhhhhhhhhhh

Hoax
09-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Cutting his leg? Wierddd

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!