PDA

View Full Version : What is the Main Cause Of Racism ?

Luayminator
26-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Yes there are many casues, actually a few.. what do you think is the major , or most affective cause.

jammy06
26-03-2005, 06:10 PM
racismn is very sick and i hate ppl hu are racist

Luayminator
26-03-2005, 06:12 PM
dont we all ?

ideabox
26-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Imigrant problems, migration, people from other countrys being nasty to englanders or where you come from. I am a small racist but its because of a cultural thing not skin colour. People think that racism is about skin colour but in fact my case is cultures.
enouth said.

infatuation
26-03-2005, 06:15 PM
I think racism [colour] is preposterous and shouldn't be tolerated.

Jacko2kn3
26-03-2005, 07:04 PM
I think racism could be wiped out altogether if no one paid attention to it. I mean, I have never been discriminated against, so I can't speak from experience, but if people let things slide then it would go away. Same for swearing, if no one noticed swear words as swearing, there would be no swearing any more.

Luayminator
27-03-2005, 05:15 AM
Nice thoughts Jacko , I never thought of it that way

MYKE!
27-03-2005, 05:30 AM
I think people pick on other races just because they are different.
Its stupid really.
I dont see why people get so upset about it thogh, but i cant really say because
i dont know what it really feels like.

BlueTails
27-03-2005, 10:05 AM
Stand Up Speak Up....... Ignore Em :)

Mentor
27-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Rasism is invetible in a society that still thinks of itslef in different races. Insted of just people.

KickerFliper
27-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Racism Is The Worst Type Of Name Calling And Bullying Iv Ever Seen

Make A Stand Wear A Band
[ Anti-Racism One ]

One Of Tye People Who I Went To Collage With Hung Himself Because Everyone Was Racist To Him
Calling im Horried Names Like Blacky Chan And Oi NigNog

But The Guys Got What Was Coming To Them
They Were Bullied And Were Taken Out Of Collage

GommeInc
27-03-2005, 12:02 PM
I think it is when a country has citizens that are better than nother country e.g. sports which most ethnic men and women are good at. I blame America to be frankly honest.

Ciaran
27-03-2005, 12:20 PM
The cause? id say was none of the above its usually the up bringing of the child, if the child is lead to belive people from a diff race are bad then they will belive thats right

GommeInc
27-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Yes but some CHildren grow up on their own accord what they think, considering if they child is not one who likes listen to their parents

micky.blue.eyes
27-03-2005, 03:21 PM
It's because of the fear of the unknown.
I heard a story from my mom, it though it was funny lol.
Here it is:
When my grandmother came to the Netherlands (from Indonesia) people were looking at her. When she gave somebody a hand people were looking if their hands were dirty, they thought they were dirty.

That's one of the reasons why i think it's because of fear of the unknown.

Luayminator
27-03-2005, 03:29 PM
wELL , I think alot of racism comes from friends or people are you are around as well.

micky.blue.eyes
27-03-2005, 03:40 PM
wELL , I think alot of racism comes from friends or people are you are around as well.
I don't get it :s
And btw, it is already 2005. (your signature)

Mit
27-03-2005, 03:46 PM
people r rasist cause they re scared. they dont like things that r different.

Angel-Light
27-03-2005, 04:18 PM
I believe it's a lot of issues that cause racism. Racism can come in any shape and form. I believe the main cause though is colour and religion. The main reason for the wars in the world. I truely think that Tony Blair and George W Bush are being quite racist on starting a year long war with Iraq =/

I wish we lived in a world with no racism or nasty problems :(

Dave,
27-03-2005, 04:21 PM
I think racism could be wiped out altogether if no one paid attention to it. I mean, I have never been discriminated against, so I can't speak from experience, but if people let things slide then it would go away. Same for swearing, if no one noticed swear words as swearing, there would be no swearing any more.

I also think that. Racism is a bit biased, coloured people who call white people wouldn't get in 'trouble' for doing it, but a white person calling a coloured person would, I have seen many cases of this and nothing has been done.

GommeInc
27-03-2005, 08:06 PM
I believe it's a lot of issues that cause racism. Racism can come in any shape and form. I believe the main cause though is colour and religion. The main reason for the wars in the world. I truely think that Tony Blair and George W Bush are being quite racist on starting a year long war with Iraq =/

I wish we lived in a world with no racism or nasty problems :(
George W Bush is very racist and as my MSN name goes, George W Bush would go to war for the last Rolo.

Mentor
27-03-2005, 08:52 PM
George W Bush is very racist and as my MSN name goes, George W Bush would go to war for the last Rolo.
George bush is highly discrimtory, Rasism is just a form of discrimation.
George bush in america has been takeing rights away from gay people, aka marage, this is exscatly the same as rasim but at another group.

In truth there are no plans to stop rasim, simply to cover it up.

Think of the freedom of speach, its no longer real, as you cant say waht you wnat say you cant say somthing thats rashaly offending.

But stoping people syaing that is not a fix, its a cover up. The goal should be to make people NOT want to make the remarks or discrimate.

Surname
28-03-2005, 06:45 PM
What people sometimes don't understand is that there are only THREE races in the world, and racism itself means to insult one of the other two races. The three races are: African, Causcasion and Oriental.

lauralol
30-03-2005, 03:57 PM
I don't like racism at all and have quite a few different cultures in my family.

It's kinda hard to explain this but quite a few years ago, one of my cousins had a huge christening party and my whole family went (we are white). Then a gang of pakistanies or however u spell it came in with baseball bats for no reason at all and started shouting and everything. All us kids were really scared and a few of my uncles got into fights and got quite badly beaten up. A couple of days later it was in the local paper, and it said that my family had gotten into a fight with this gang over a taxi ( which was totally untrue! ). It was obviously a racist attack, there was no other explanation for it.

Now I'm not sure how to say this without sounding racist myself, but had it been the other way round and we had done that to them, the papers WOULD have said it was a racist attack and made a big thing out of it. What I am trying to say is that people always jump to the conclusion that white people are racist to other colours, but it is quite often the other way round although not as bigger deal is made out of it.

-JT-
30-03-2005, 04:03 PM
I do agree that imagrents are taking our homes, jobs and our pentions however i wont disciminate them because of their skin colour or religion. All i will say is that people who were born and grew up elsewhere shouldn't just come here and take jobs which could be given to brits. I wont stand up for my cause or try to drive people from britian but it is annoying that they just come and take.

Mentor
30-03-2005, 04:38 PM
I do agree that imagrents are taking our homes, jobs and our pentions however i wont disciminate them because of their skin colour or religion. All i will say is that people who were born and grew up elsewhere shouldn't just come here and take jobs which could be given to brits. I wont stand up for my cause or try to drive people from britian but it is annoying that they just come and take.
You are aware that if imgarant were all sent home britans echnomeny would crash within a matter of hours. Britan doent have enogh people here to run its own echomeimy, the NHS is having major shortages, and most the the doctors are imagnetts, yet people say there takeing jobs brits would have got, briatn has shortages for workers all the time. yet when people fill them more aless saving our echmey people say there stealing there jobs.

If a imagent can do a job better than a british person they should get that job. Otherwize what is it but discrimtion. The people who do somthing best should be the ones given the job, people shouln tbe given it becuse or becuse there not forgen.

Most anti rasism laws are rasist in themselves anyway, and mostly stupid. Some of them saying, there people of certain rases should get jobs of other people, to even out the work forse. while in reality the non rasist thing to do would be give it to those who do best.
People just balme imagrenets becuse they are itehr unwilling, to lazy to get a job themsevs and just use it as an exucuse. think of people taht work in fast food chains, the ones being told that there taking BRITSIH jobs. how many of the people saying this would actaly work for the saem wages in the same place if gievn the optunity. Think about it.

Luayminator
30-03-2005, 04:54 PM
You might think so because you are not involved in much right now James, but even though you cant see it Britain is nothing without Imigrants.

*.Glitter.Rip.*
30-03-2005, 05:05 PM
You are aware that if imgarant were all sent home britans echnomeny would crash within a matter of hours. Britan doent have enogh people here to run its own echomeimy, the NHS is having major shortages, and most the the doctors are imagnetts, yet people say there takeing jobs brits would have got, briatn has shortages for workers all the time. yet when people fill them more aless saving our echmey people say there stealing there jobs.

If a imagent can do a job better than a british person they should get that job. Otherwize what is it but discrimtion. The people who do somthing best should be the ones given the job, people shouln tbe given it becuse or becuse there not forgen.

Most anti rasism laws are rasist in themselves anyway, and mostly stupid. Some of them saying, there people of certain rases should get jobs of other people, to even out the work forse. while in reality the non rasist thing to do would be give it to those who do best.
People just balme imagrenets becuse they are itehr unwilling, to lazy to get a job themsevs and just use it as an exucuse. think of people taht work in fast food chains, the ones being told that there taking BRITSIH jobs. how many of the people saying this would actaly work for the saem wages in the same place if gievn the optunity. Think about it.

This is very untrue by the way. We have a lot of unemployed people in britain and could easyly take the jobs away from imigrants but they only need the push. It would not crash at all and heres a fact

Pakistanis are paid more than English people. I learnt it by my Dad who is a doctor at the NHS. :)

Mentor
30-03-2005, 05:14 PM
This is very untrue by the way. We have a lot of unemployed people in britain and could easyly take the jobs away from imigrants but they only need the push. It would not crash at all and heres a fact

Pakistanis are paid more than English people. I learnt it by my Dad who is a doctor at the NHS. :)

Heres the reasons.
1. most the unemplyed people in britain, arnt likly to be trained doctors.
2. i could go out and get a job in mcdonalds, safe ways or morssens right now. And so could any other person who bothered.
3. Why are doctors from other contries payed more. well doctors from britans, may have an hours drive at most to work, not have to leave there friends and family in another contary. So they oviosly need more insentive. we have shortages already, if they all left the nhs would collaps.

-JT-
30-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Britian used to be an empire which was almost un controllable. If britian was to keep its self to itsself it would get along fine. I'm not telling black people or pakistan people to go home its just the people who are born and rasied somewhere else come and take jobs which we could fill it annoys me, okay.

Mentor
30-03-2005, 05:43 PM
The time of tribes and small communitys is over, first communtys joined to creat contrys, this happened when they became interdependent. The whole planet is inter depent now, Most the small arab conbtrys used to be empires just like britan did, the saem ones america etc are invaidng today with britan help. they fell, just liek britain did.

Britain is nearly entirely depened on outside sorses, were over a trillion in debt. and produce next to nothing, britsn main out put is form services. If britan cuts itself pff, it will just dissapear.

They arnt taking british jobs. There taking jobs, if they do it better they deserve them.

Pulchritudinous
30-03-2005, 05:53 PM
I didn't think it was a problem anymore to be honest, I know it still goes on in some places, but where I live I don't think there's any racism.

-=rooty987=-
30-03-2005, 06:27 PM
I think so may people have an idea that god created jst white people its stupid!

xJoeYx
30-03-2005, 06:58 PM
The thing with britain is, when compared to nearly every other country is our immigration laws are very weak. To live in countries such as america and australia potential immigrants are given literary tests and such to make sure they are bringing something into the community and they can actually speak english.
And as someone else in the thread quite rightly said racism is biased.. if you call a black man black you often get frowned upon, WHY?? its simple fact.
But come to think of it, racism has decreased, apartied is illegal in (i think) everywhere now.
But it does also mean less freedom of speach, but im willing to live with it.

in response to the poll, i voted other. I think skin colour has little to do with the CAUSE of racism so not really sure why its up there??? I think its likely down to bad expieriences, your background or like someone said... fear of the unknown, all can be a reasonable explanation.

misspartyqueen
30-03-2005, 07:10 PM
i think it horrible , ppl that are racist just need it sorting :l

lauralol
30-03-2005, 07:25 PM
I think so may people have an idea that god created jst white people its stupid!

This is what I was trying to say... when you say racism, you always think of it as white people being racist to blacks when it happens the other way round too!

-JT-
30-03-2005, 08:59 PM
your right, but i am reffering to imagrents in particular.

Pulchritudinous
30-03-2005, 09:08 PM
My Dad is from Poland, and I have a strange surname, and look Polish, people often tell me to 'go back to my own country', but I just ignore them.
I think racism was more common long ago, but not really anymore, most people have begun to accept different races.

Luayminator
30-03-2005, 09:16 PM
So James , you're racist to migrants?. What if you and ur family had to move to another country for a job, Would you like it if people were telling you to go back to england.

Butcher11
30-03-2005, 10:00 PM

That's the beauty of freedom, it's even more rampant in America, but you're telling me a kid born in India who moved when he was like 1 to Britain, isn't equal to a Born british child? You're walking a fine line between rascism yourself and patriotism, but your post seems to suggest more rascism.
Sounds discriminatory.
I was born in Ukraine, moved here to Amerrica when I was young, and consider myself an American, and nobody has ever told me I'm not, my friend's consider me one. So my parent's and I are "taking Brit's rightful jobs"?, it's the owner's discretion who to hire Lol.

micky.blue.eyes
30-03-2005, 10:19 PM
My Dad is from Poland, and I have a strange surname, and look Polish, people often tell me to 'go back to my own country', but I just ignore them.
I think racism was more common long ago, but not really anymore, most people have begun to accept different races.
Yes, but sad enough not all. :(

Luayminator
31-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Me no like james anymore. :P
James, every country in the world has imigrants.

-JT-
31-03-2005, 03:04 PM
lol, i'm not talking about all imigrents here, its the idiots who come illigally but the channel tunnel

Mentor
31-03-2005, 04:46 PM
lol, i'm not talking about all imigrents here, its the idiots who come illigally but the channel tunnel
They cant work (legaly) they cant get the doll, medical cair, anything at all.
SO thers taking nothing from us. yet being forced to work for unfair pay by a few crockid busnesses.

IM all for an open border policy. Briatns echnmneys slowly going down hill all the time. and an open doors polciy would eay give it a much needed boost.

-JT-
31-03-2005, 05:09 PM
i will just move to america hahahahahahahahahahahahha

Mentor
31-03-2005, 05:14 PM
i will just move to america hahahahahahahahahahahahha
That would make you an imgrant then. MAybe they will accuse you of stealing there jobs ;)

Luayminator
31-03-2005, 06:05 PM
So james wasnt tallkin bout me.

Butcher11
31-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Btw, you as a Brit are still related to immigrants, as scientists believe the first humans were from Africa.

Mentor
31-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Britan more so than anywhere, hoistpricly we got invaded by nealry every world powers thats existed. and wehre desendace of this sort of mix. Britan would have collaps compltyn after ww1 etc if it was not for imgrats, as there werent enogh people to do many of the Vital jobs.
Imgration is how every contry exists, people moveing around freely is how neture intened, or are gean pool would coirrupt form lack of divercity.

Luayminator
31-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Yah , you ARE african , from your great x1000000 grandparents. :D

Pulchritudinous
01-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Cool, I'm African, Lol.
Butcher, it's funny you say all your friends consider you American, because I wasn't even BORN in Poland, and yet people tell me I'm an illegal immigrant, tell me to go home, and stupid stuff like that, one boy goes to me a little while ago, 'You need to back to Poland', and I go 'Why would I do that when I'm English', and he was like 'Because your not real British beef like it', and I was like, hmmm thats not even worth arguing over.

Mentor
01-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Cool, I'm African, Lol.
Butcher, it's funny you say all your friends consider you American, because I wasn't even BORN in Poland, and yet people tell me I'm an illegal immigrant, tell me to go home, and stupid stuff like that, one boy goes to me a little while ago, 'You need to back to Poland', and I go 'Why would I do that when I'm English', and he was like 'Because your not real British beef like it', and I was like, hmmm thats not even worth arguing over.
Yea thats stupid. Athogh id agree with him so far as your not britsih beef, unless your secretly bovine.
Britans made up of a tone of differnt cultures, its just people wnat to say the mix is britsihness and stop it mixing, which is stupid, as britans always been a mix. I personly consider ayone with a british passport british, and even if someone hasent got one, its not like britaints some great contry wile othersarnt etc.

Luayminator
01-04-2005, 10:10 PM
Yah ! Go mentor ! You always say wat i was going to say ;)

Pulchritudinous
02-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Yea thats stupid. Athogh id agree with him so far as your not britsih beef, unless your secretly bovine.
Britans made up of a tone of differnt cultures, its just people wnat to say the mix is britsihness and stop it mixing, which is stupid, as britans always been a mix. I personly consider ayone with a british passport british, and even if someone hasent got one, its not like britaints some great contry wile othersarnt etc.

Yeah I'm not a boy, lol, but still he think he's special because he's 'pure english', well I consider my myself to be english because I was born here.

Mentor
02-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Yeah I'm not a boy, lol, but still he think he's special because he's 'pure english', well I consider my myself to be english because I was born here.
I didnt think i called you a boy, teh hom was refering to the caller, but thats probly just habbit.

Anyway theres no such thing as "pure" british. unless they majicly appeared in teh middle of a feild for no resason, all family had to get here by some method.

Luayminator
02-04-2005, 11:16 PM
No one was pure british ... cuz the first humans werent in britain.

scottish
02-04-2005, 11:19 PM
i Say Colour Of Skin Is Which Cause's Most Racism o.O Its Stupid!

-JT-
02-04-2005, 11:52 PM
the first humans lived on a place which was all joined!

Luayminator
03-04-2005, 11:01 AM
All joined eh ?? Was it called : EnglandAmericaFranceGreeceTurkeyItalyGermanyFinlan dSwitzerlandNorwaySwedenUkraineIrelandNorthernIrel andAzeberjanLuxermbourgAustriaBelgiumRussia
BelarusSudanEgyptKenyaEthuopiaSouthAfricaEritriaAl geriaMoroccoCongoChad
NigeriaSaudiArabiaQatarKuwaitOmanBahrainNewZealand AustraliaChinaJapanThailandKoraMalaysia?

Mentor
03-04-2005, 12:05 PM
i think it was called Pangaea. but humans didnt start eveolving to it was some what broken up, athogh possibly still quite close together. far more than today. and we spread out, it wanst till after the ice age modern day humans realy had any presesnts thogh, as meanderfalls were far superior in encosed wooded arias, while we thrived in the open plaines, being a fasyer moving specise

Luayminator
03-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Mentor , you are very smart and helpful! Very good info as well , do you research ? +rep

Pulchritudinous
22-04-2005, 10:35 AM
Yeah he is isn't he..
I had kind of an 'experience' 2 days ago, I was just walking onto the field with a couple of friends, and this stupid boy stood in front of me and went 'Oi you f**cking polish, go back to your own country', and I said 'Get lost', and he just goes, 'Come past me, and you'll get a slap', so I walked around him, and he started shouting stuff at me. :@ I get so annoyed with stupid people like that.

Luayminator
22-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Everyone in my school gets bullied, even by friends, its like normal now :S

Pulchritudinous
22-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Everyone in my school gets bullied, even by friends, its like normal now :S

Yup, school's so **** nowadays.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!