PDA

View Full Version : Help with final Christmas presents please! (+6 rep! =D)q

Ostinato
03-12-2006, 01:12 AM
Hey guys.

You may remember a couple of weeks ago I was asking everyone some gift ideas for people and stuff...

Well that's me started buying stuff lol - the main person I'm now struggling with is my girlfriend.

I have already bought her a perfume gift set which is cool, some "just for fun" stuff and a sort of wee makeup thing! However, I need to get her a main present. I've only got £60 left to spend, and I wanna maximise what I can get with it, but at the same time I wan't it to be a good gift for her.

I was thinking of getting her a "hot diamonds" either ring or a heart pendant from H Samuels. It's like £40 and it's an actual real diamond, where in a lot of the cases rings and stuff are just made from zubic zarconia and/or cheap, fake diamonds. lol.

So basically, I'm looking for some cheap but yet good ideas at the same time.
Someone mentioned before something about a picture of us both kissing or something with a wee book of pictures of us - but I don't really know how I'd go about making that all good. lol

Any good advice and help given will get you 6 rep! xD

[Also a wee thank you note for all the kind comments upon the announcement of my resignation]

Edit: Also, I have £300 of my own Christmas budget left to spend on myself (already had a lot of it lol) and I'd quite liek to get either a saumsung e900 or d900 - but I'd like a laptop as well! Haha. Any ideas? =P

Edited by mat64 (Forum Moderator): Thread closed due to it been bumped.

benjamin
03-12-2006, 01:28 AM
you should book her for a day at a spa or somthing

girls like that sorta stuff.

FlyingJesus
03-12-2006, 01:30 AM
A special outfit from a naughty shop.

Jamie!
03-12-2006, 01:31 AM
Get her tix to her favourite band or whatever? I dunno tbh...you know her best :]

Dentafrice1
03-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Yea.. an elve outfit.. from a naughty shop.. or some.. naughty toys..

Or get her something from the heart.. Like I got my gf a ring one time.. with a diamond on it.

I had engraved on the inside CJM & SLM - Loving since 6/26/04

Our initials and our anniversary. Being our first date.

Ostinato
03-12-2006, 01:39 AM
Yea.. an elve outfit.. from a naughty shop.. or some.. naughty toys..

Or get her something from the heart.. Like I got my gf a ring one time.. with a diamond on it.

I had engraved on the inside CJM & SLM - Loving since 6/26/04

Our initials and our anniversary. Being our first date.

Oooh how much did it cost for the engraving? That's a really good idea actually! :o

(lol at the naughty clothes ideas - lol - we don't need Christmas for an excuse to get that sort of thing! ;P)

Dentafrice1
03-12-2006, 01:40 AM
Oooh how much did it cost for the engraving? That's a really good idea actually! :o

(lol at the naughty clothes ideas - lol - we don't need Christmas for an excuse to get that sort of thing! ;P)
Haha but christmas is a good excuse to get hmm.. how us americans say "Frisky".

Well... the ring cost me $45 and the engraving was $25 for that string of mine

Ostinato
03-12-2006, 01:42 AM
Haha but christmas is a good excuse to get hmm.. how us americans say "Frisky".

Well... the ring cost me $45 and the engraving was $25 for that string of mine

Lol it sure is! hehe.

Well I know the ring I'd like to get her, but will a jewellers such as "H Samuels" do the engraving?

ssricky
03-12-2006, 01:42 AM
it wud help if u tell us what she is into and for phones get a Sony Ericsson K790

Dentafrice1
03-12-2006, 01:43 AM
Im not sure.. Im from the USA. I believe that is a UK company

I got mine done at a private jeweler.. I will look into H Samuels and see if they do it

EDIT they must..

http://www.hsamuel.co.uk/images/seasons/xmas06/home-promo-1.jpg

see the engraving on that ring? :)

Ostinato
03-12-2006, 01:44 AM
That's the thing. Shes pretty easy going - lol I'm just the fussy one who wants to please her, but because I'm wanting to please her so much it makes it so difficult lol. ;P

FlyingJesus
03-12-2006, 01:44 AM
H Samuels is generally pretty good quality, they probably will do engraving aswell as there's quite a market for it. "Toys" are always good presents.

benjamin
03-12-2006, 01:45 AM
Al, pretty much any jewellers will do engraving :P

Ostinato
03-12-2006, 01:47 AM
Lmao your all so determined I'm buying her a toy! ;P

Hey - she doesn't need one when shes got me! lmao xD

Yeh my cousin works in H Samuels so I get a discount anyway lol, so hopefully he will be able to arrange the engraving for me with the date of our anniversary! ;P

Dentafrice1
03-12-2006, 01:49 AM
Haha.. you should get her that and a "Used" toy off of ebay..

I bet she will be happy with a used one...

See my gift idea was the best?? :)

*pluss sixxx.. o ya.. pluss six boo ya.. im the best of the best of the best of the best.. BOOO YA*

ssricky
03-12-2006, 01:51 AM
how bout a watch with engraving? a nice silver one or a braclet or necklace >.> or broach and when u open it theres a pic of u and her or a pic of u with and engraving beside it

Dentafrice1
03-12-2006, 01:52 AM
My dad got my mom a slingshot once.. she wasn't too happy..

And the $5 garfield book... please do better then him

Ostinato
03-12-2006, 01:56 AM
LOL dentafrice, I'm sure I will lol.

I've had a look on the H Samuels website and they only do engravings for certain items - and funnily enough not the ring I was hoping for! lol.

It costs £5 for up to 13 letters, but anymore it costs £10! Lol.

Dentafrice1
03-12-2006, 01:58 AM
Dang!

Maybe pick out a new ring.. with engraving options.

Or get her a broach.. but here in america.. they consider that.. hmm "tacky" and not many girls walk around with broaches on.. :P

Ostinato
03-12-2006, 02:00 AM
Haha nah not a broach - thats something my gran would wear lmao.

Hmmm I dno.

They enscribe photo frames, so I'm thinking of getting one of our nice photos together printed out and then have that engraved...

Don't know though... lol

I like the wee idea of a sort of photobook or something of us, but don't know how to make it good... lol Any ideas?

FlyingJesus
03-12-2006, 02:01 AM
Just touch her funzone and say Merry Christmas, I'm sure she'll be happy.

Dentafrice1
03-12-2006, 02:02 AM
Fun zone.. make her wiggle like a work.. moan like a .... ummm.. monkey..

Call her naomi.. (Imoan backwords :))

Get some.. hehe KY jelly and say its for a nice massage..

Turn off the lights play some nice music then... shoot your gun like you never shot it before.

HAHA im bored.. sorry if thats against the rules.. I didnt refer to nothing specific haha

Ostinato
03-12-2006, 02:04 AM
Haha I tell you, whats this forum coming to! ;P

Well we already have some massage bars and stuff hehe, great for a wee Christmas Eve in sharing a bath together! Haha ;P :D

BACK TO THE TOPIC PLEASE AND LESS ABOUT MY SEX LIFE. Lol.

So... presents? =p

FlyingJesus
03-12-2006, 02:06 AM
u dun a wee in da bath?

Dentafrice1
Ok last thing about your sex life.. WHAT SEX LIFE?

oo ooo make it like on the spongebob episode.. where squidwards "privates" were covered in bubbles.. except its her.. and you pop them.. haha

Ok back to presents..

get her a nice wool sweater with a unicorn on it.. thats always very in this season

ssricky
Haha I tell you, whats this forum coming to! ;P

Well we already have some massage bars and stuff hehe, great for a wee Christmas Eve in sharing a bath together! Haha ;P :D

BACK TO THE TOPIC PLEASE AND LESS ABOUT MY SEX LIFE. Lol.

So... presents? =p

treat her to a rub and tugs but in her case rub and rub >.>

xD

ummm get her clothes taht she likes or u like seeing her wear

simon!
03-12-2006, 02:07 AM
I know this might sound a bit personal but how old are you? If you're old enough to drive why not take her to a Center Parcs? I know its a bit of a drive from Scottyland but they're amazing. I took one of my exes there last year and she loved it. Well I hardly saw her as she was at these massage parlours onsite. But they have great deals.

Dentafrice1
03-12-2006, 02:08 AM
I know this might sound a bit personal but how old are you? If you're old enough to drive why not take her to a Center Parcs? I know its a bit of a drive from Scottyland but they're amazing. I took one of my exes there last year and she loved it. Well I hardly saw her as she was at these massage parlours onsite. But they have great deals.
Ive been there. Very nice place.. :)

Ostinato
03-12-2006, 02:15 AM
Lol oooh, some more good ideas! :]

Btw - where can you get cheap xbox 360 games from, and what are some decent ones? Lol.

I've just found out my brother's gettin one for Christmas so think I'll get him a wee game and that'll do him.

I also need ideas for my dad cause I've not got him anything yet! =l lol.

ssricky
03-12-2006, 02:16 AM
Lol oooh, some more good ideas! :]

Btw - where can you get cheap xbox 360 games from, and what are some decent ones? Lol.

I've just found out my brother's gettin one for Christmas so think I'll get him a wee game and that'll do him.

I also need ideas for my dad cause I've not got him anything yet! =l lol.

how olds the wee tyke and buy ur dad drugs or booze

Dentafrice1
03-12-2006, 02:17 AM
Dad - Booze
Mom - Thongs
Brother - Call of Duty 3 - Ebay, Gears of War - Ebay
Sister (If One) - One of those snakes in a can.. that will show her!

Ostinato
03-12-2006, 02:18 AM
"Happy birthday dad, heres a gram of coke" Honestly, if your not going to contribute anything half decent, why bother posting? lol. It's quite obvious I'm not going to get my dad drugs for Christmas, and I don't really know what your trying to insinuate by stating that in the first place...

Anyhoo, my brother is 21 (roflmao)... But yeh - he's getting an Xbox 360! He's one of these people who have his mates round and play games and all that whilst getting wrecked, lol.

Dentafrice1
03-12-2006, 02:19 AM
I do like Gears of war.. and Call of duty 3.

They are two decent games.. and for the children.. Starwars.

I do like tombraider tho..

ssricky
03-12-2006, 02:20 AM
gears of war for bro and by drugs i meant the mean green stuff ;] the pain easier but booze is the best way to go nothing says i love u dad then something to get him tanked

Dentafrice1
03-12-2006, 02:22 AM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/a/5/9/a592dd0267563cd438fa52887907d624.jpg

Ostinato
03-12-2006, 02:24 AM
How much will that x box game be roughly?

I know he has one of the ones mentioned and he has that pro evolution socceer.

Haha I bet i sound like a right old fogey!;P

I'm not much of a gamer myself lol, so I don't really know about this sort of thing, hehe.

ssricky
03-12-2006, 02:26 AM
How much will that x box game be roughly?

I know he has one of the ones mentioned and he has that pro evolution socceer.

Haha I bet i sound like a right old fogey!;P

I'm not much of a gamer myself lol, so I don't really know about this sort of thing, hehe.

probs set u back 50-70 big ones depending where u get it and get ur dad crown royal dats the best

Dentafrice1
03-12-2006, 02:26 AM
Here you go brother.. I got you the first edition mario brothers.. wait.. this says super nintendo.. dangit!

*hits head on table*

Umm gears of war runs you.. $49 new. im not sure used.. $15-$20

Ostinato
03-12-2006, 02:36 AM
Uck lol.

Thanks for everyones help! Keep it coming please, but I'm just off to bed now! :)

Ostinato ;P

Dentafrice1
03-12-2006, 02:37 AM
Nothing says I love you to your father like a six pack of corona and a gram of coke.

Get your gf maybe some new clothes?

Or maybe something with you and her in it.. make it special for you two..

edible
03-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Well like I suggested in the previous thread..
Make this book, It's cheap for you, but it's really thoughtful and I can guarentee she'll like it. If you've seen Elizabethtown you'll get me.
Like make it your own kind of thing, On the first page you can have a pic of her and you kissing - Cos thats realllyyyyyyyyy sweet. And then you can have memories, photos, poems, messages to her on all different pages, It's really sweet tbh..And on the pages you can also have little pictures symbolising love and stuff..But at the end..you could have a little pocket, and when u look inside, you got like a necklace or ring, and in the necklace if could have a heart saying -
I
LOVE
YOU
--------
Or a ring and engraved with your initials or i love you aaf..
It's rubbish but yanoo.

Dad - Well if he likes football..Get him some tickets to see a match for his fave team (If one.) Or get him some booze or sum shirts or summit..
Brother - Grand Theft Auto haha! I play it hehe. Or just get any of the games suggested.

brapbrap
03-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Get her a kettle or a kitchen, or a Pinny, thats where women should be...

JOKING....

Lol

Erm. Im in the same predicament aswell trying to buy something for my girlfriend... :s. she got me some like fragrance or something like that, if you get a good idea, help a brother? lol.

Ostinato
03-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Haha that made me laugh! ;p

I think I'm gonna get her some jewellery then I'll get her a wee gift set from Lush and just other random smaller stocking fillers.

Need to sort my my parents presents now... :| lol.

DiscoPat
03-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Ok, erm...

*Paint a picture for her?
*Buy a feather pen made from SMART materials which changes colour in different room tempertures.
*Buy her a tatoo?
*Give her cash...?
*mp3 player...
*your great great grandmothers ring
*a pet?
*donate the money on her behalf?
*footballshirt?
*lux dinner
*chineese takeaway or kebbabs
*carpet
*tv
*a masive red pillow in a hear shape
*a massive box of donuts (seriously)
*microwave oven
*digital camera

hope it helps.

brapbrap
03-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Ok, erm...

*Paint a picture for her?
*Buy a feather pen made from SMART materials which changes colour in different room tempertures.
*Buy her a tatoo?
*Give her cash...?
*mp3 player...
*your great great grandmothers ring
*a pet?
*donate the money on her behalf?
*footballshirt?
*lux dinner
*chineese takeaway or kebbabs
*carpet
*tv
*a masive red pillow in a hear shape
*a massive box of donuts (seriously)
*microwave oven
*digital camera

hope it helps.

The first two; Robin hood would do that......

Thats a weird but at the same time quite good range of presents.

DiscoPat
03-12-2006, 08:40 PM
The first two; Robin hood would do that......

Thats a weird but at the same time quite good range of presents.

Lol, thank you.

Ostinato
03-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Lol!

Aw I don't know what I wanna do.

Just thinking - I might actually get her a DVD as well! ;P

brapbrap
03-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Lol!

Aw I don't know what I wanna do.

Just thinking - I might actually get her a DVD as well! ;P

GET HER "DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES" And it ISNT the one that was shown on C4.

Dentafrice1
03-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Hmm.. you should give us all rep :P

Get her a ring or some jewelry but.. you need it engraved.. makes it more special

brapbrap
03-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Why ask for rep...

if you want rep that badly lol ill give you some..

Ostinato
03-12-2006, 08:57 PM
I'll sort everyones rep out later. :)

I was speaking to my cousin who works in H Samuels and a lot of the rings and stuff arn't eligable for engraving because their too small or something...

brapbrap
03-12-2006, 09:00 PM
I'll sort everyones rep out later. :)

I was speaking to my cousin who works in H Samuels and a lot of the rings and stuff arn't eligable for engraving because their too small or something...

Yeah, my mum wants to get my nan something from in their for xmas or some special Raynaulds gloves, she has Raynaulds desease which is minor (Her hands are always cold) can you imagine her waking you up for school in the morning......;)

Ostinato
03-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Yeah, my mum wants to get my nan something from in their for xmas or some special Raynaulds gloves, she has Raynaulds desease which is minor (Her hands are always cold) can you imagine her waking you up for school in the morning......;)

Aww is that the thing where your hands turn blue? Lol my mums got that! ;P

My main problem at the moment - is what the hell I'm getting myself for Christmas! lol!

Dentafrice1
03-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Get yourself a nice jar of vaseline..

Hmmm... get yourself a new gadget.. or a new phone

Ostinato
03-12-2006, 11:07 PM
I want the samsung d900 and a half decent laptop - but there's no way I'll afford that with £300 xD

Dentafrice1
03-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Take out a loan?

Ostinato
04-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Take out a loan?

I'd rather stay out of debt haha! xD

That's me giving +15 rep to everyone who helped =]

:Hazel
04-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Jewellery is a pretty safe bet along with the perfume you hve already got her. Also maybe a voucher for her fave clothes shop?

summer
04-12-2006, 11:31 PM
for a laptop, i'd recommend getting an acer. they do £300-£400 laptops, but they're not bad. obviously not the best going, but you get warranty with them, and some have pretty good specs. check www.comet.co.uk

Just touch her funzone and say Merry Christmas, I'm sure she'll be happy.
i laughed so hard at "fun zone"

hit-by-a-car
05-12-2006, 07:54 AM
Make up accesories or you could buy her a nice dress. Or you could ask her =)

popree
25-10-2007, 09:37 AM
realy a nerve-racking question
i think first u should make it clear that which kind of articles ur gir llike best?maybe she is a music fan? or a fashon clothing zealot? or much like cute gadgets?such as cute earring?weird ring?

If she is a fashion pursuiter,i may suggest u choose some thing form fashion field. usually ,fashion clothing,make-up, fashion jewelry.

but i think it will be easier for a guy to choose fashion jewelry, because, you may have no clear idea which size is suitable for yoru girl, what's more, you never know the result before the clothing is put on. As for the cosmetic,sometimes, it is secrect of girls which brand or what kind they use.

so focusing your eye on some charming jewelry may solve your problem

Edited by mat64 (Forum Moderator): Please do not bump old threads.

Mexam
25-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Well, buy here some sun glasses, but then say:
I bought you these, but I didn't want to cover up your beutiful eyes

Then buy her some perfume, and say:
I bought you some perfume, but I didn't want to take away your beautiful smell

Then ummm...buy her some roses and say:
These roses will die some time, but my love for you will live forever..

That's what I said to my girlfriend on our anniversary, such a good moment :)

Naruto!
25-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Well, buy here some sun glasses, but then say:
I bought you these, but I didn't want to cover up your beutiful eyes

Then buy her some perfume, and say:
I bought you some perfume, but I didn't want to take away your beautiful smell

Then ummm...buy her some roses and say:
These roses will die some time, but my love for you will live forever..

That's what I said to my girlfriend on our anniversary, such a good moment :)
Read the date of the thread.

FlyingJesus
25-10-2007, 10:56 AM
ROFL 6 rep back this time last year, oh how things change

Alkaz
25-10-2007, 11:02 AM
i cant believe this is still going :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!