PDA

View Full Version : The Reputation system.

hit-by-a-car
03-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Personally i think the reputation system has gone a little over due. I meen say your not really a person that is apprecheatored on the forum, people will sometimes rep you cause they hate you, also revenge you.

Thats why im giving Up The red givaways. Silly really.

But who agrees, take simon305 for instance all he got was reds, it wasnt fair on him. Im kinda happy for him that hes got it up aswell. It doesnt meen im his freind. Its cause i gave him bad rep because i didnt like him befoure. I know how it feels to recive bad reputation. Can Be really stressfull when you had all that rep and it just went away.

So im never giving Bad rep out again. Ittl just be green all the way.

im sure many other people wouldent agree that there should be a rep system, espically those with a red rep bar.

I also think the idea of rep and posts have become the main thing on this forum, well guys its wrong. You should enjoy yourself and have fun. Talk about daily do-ings. not focus on your greenies, reddies and posts.

This was a topic i made after talking with a mod. Nothing big.

Catzy Has withstanded lots of - rev rep.

I also think we should take more time thinking about other members rather than our selves. Just wanted to get that out guys...

Charlie
03-12-2006, 09:26 PM
If they get negative rep, its there own fault for a bad post or something.

hit-by-a-car
03-12-2006, 09:28 PM
not really true. People can sometimes hate people. say someone done a bad alt, they would get - repped. It does happan.

RSTurbo
03-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Just report the -rep?

It mostly always get removed, pointless or not...

brandon
03-12-2006, 10:09 PM
I think that a good idea is, for VIPS to see who repped you positively, but not who did it negatively, which means you can still get it removed but revenge -repping is much less likely.

Herman
03-12-2006, 10:16 PM
You can still report it if it's pointless.

Liriel
03-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Bad reputation points are given on the base of the users opinion, its not in the right of the person recieving the bad rep to complain about it (Unless it breaks the obvious rules of having swearing in it or so on) because it is a justifyed point given by their opinion.

The reputation system is a weird one.

Catzsy
03-12-2006, 11:55 PM
Bad reputation points are given on the base of the users opinion, its not in the right of the person recieving the bad rep to complain about it (Unless it breaks the obvious rules of having swearing in it or so on) because it is a justifyed point given by their opinion.

The reputation system is a weird one.

I think its the right of everyone to complain about it if its pointless bad rep. :)

JamesRouale
04-12-2006, 12:01 AM
The reputation system allows users to express themselves freely and broadcast their opiouns on such users.

If users do not agree with such purpose then the option is avalible to disable such feature...

Merry Christmas!

ebay
04-12-2006, 07:44 AM
but sometime you get a negative rep for doing nothing, ie. Take this noob

benjamin
04-12-2006, 07:47 AM
well if you get bad reputation for somthing that is justified, well you can't really complain.
however if you get it pointlessly, they're pretty sharp on that, there is a thread where you can get it removed ect.
so i dont' really see a problem

Liriel
04-12-2006, 08:38 AM
I think its the right of everyone to complain about it if its pointless bad rep. :)

Hence why I said, "(Unless it breaks the obvious rules of having swearing in it or so on)".

Unless it breaks the obvious rules you set down here, by it having a rude comment, swearing or it's just pointless to the situation, then yes, by all means, get it removed.

Most people complain on the grounds that they received a bad reputation point and then its removed but it shouldn't because it is a valid opinion which is what the reputation system is about. An opinion from one persons thought about a post to theirs.

Nixt
04-12-2006, 09:29 AM
The reputation system is a good thing? Pointless/rude rep can be reported and it will be removed if you follow the rules that are stated in that thread (i.e. don't post the comments etc).
I don't think something as dramatic as disabling the reputation system is necessary when there is already a perfect system in place which removes that rep that isn't deserved.

Eamonn
04-12-2006, 10:24 AM
It is only a red/green block, boo you.

ebay
04-12-2006, 04:57 PM
im sure you have to be V.I.P to get the bad rep removed!!! Am I correct...?

Herman
04-12-2006, 05:01 PM
No, if the rep is pointless, you may report it to some thread to get it removed.

Ah, found it:
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=125368

Nixt
04-12-2006, 05:02 PM

No, that would hardly be fair for those who are harassed via the reputation system?

Casanova
04-12-2006, 07:20 PM
hitbyacar, you normally post pointlessly and posts that infuriate the more older and mature members of the forum, directly or indirectly.

I see what you're saying, i've been there done that got the t-shirt and burnt it to ashes. I've been in the place where i was hated and constant bad reps but i'm doing fine now, just grow up and try posting a bit better and it'll be good.

And most of the time the person deserves the rep?

hit-by-a-car
04-12-2006, 08:01 PM
not me tho, i agree my posts can be dumb sometimes, take my holiday romance alt for starters but its not my fault, lift a finger the mods come after you and then you have the pointless reps. I know that could be classed annparopoite and desrve - rep, but its still silly.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!