PDA

View Full Version : Laxatives?

Tristan
04-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Right, I have heard about models that apparently, when they eat they make themselves throw up to get rid of what they have consumed so they don't put on weight and apparently, lose it. Does this work? If it does; would laxatives do any damage to your body if you used them so that your body would get rid of what you have eaten by doing what effectively is the same as making yourself throw up? Surely it would work if making yourself throw up does? What damage would it cause, if any?

Thanks.

Casanova
04-12-2006, 08:39 PM
I don't like the reasons why this was asked, because my mind is just wondering why would it matter unless you're going to abuse Laxatives, but i'll tell you because it could put you off.

It deprives your body of the vital essentials, such as minerals, proteins, fats, carbohydrates. It means you recieve no energy from your food, and your immune system can be affected simply because your body has no fuel to keep up and preserve your defence systems and any underlying problems.

You will also suffer from exhaustion, possibly jaundey's etc, illnesses of you get from deprivation of certain things. Your skin will dry out due to losing water through your body 'exjecting' it.

You should never abuse laxatives, they're only there for speeding up your bowels, used properly that's all they'll do!

You can affect vital organs aswell!

vibrant
04-12-2006, 08:41 PM
laxatives dont make you throw up...
they make you skitter.

Tristan
04-12-2006, 09:22 PM
I know they don't lol.

Thanks Allan.

Casanova
04-12-2006, 09:24 PM
anything for a mate. now don't try it!

Alkaz
04-12-2006, 10:53 PM
I thought laxatives were for if u had constipation?
probally just me

but i dont really know how that would work
ask ur local GeneralPracticioner

foxyfox00
05-12-2006, 07:42 AM
I thought laxatives were for if u had constipation?
probally just me
Well they are but people abuse them.

The other info is correct, basically the laxitive makes the intestines unable to absorb nutrience and excess water. It really does make you sick and the short term effects are cramps, headaches, dehydration and loss of salts and electrolytes. Its really dangerous and not a habit you want to pick up

:Hazel
05-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Can cause damage to your digestive system and organs because the whole system is sped up. Think about it if you get rid of what you have eaten so quickly & its out of your system it will not have been used/digested properly.

hit-by-a-car
05-12-2006, 04:53 PM
One thing, Have a nice poo!

Ry
05-12-2006, 06:31 PM
I took laxatives once, and suddenly, i was lying down, and i had to RUN to the toilet, i thought i wasnt going to make it :'( I think they should only be used sensibly ;)

Danny,
05-12-2006, 07:19 PM
well i dont know how old you are ill assume your in school/college, if you take laxatives you will most like poo your pants because you cant get out of lessons fast enough now thats not something you want >.< and it doesnt matter what time you take them ive heard that they can take hours to work.
So use laxatives the proper way not to lose weight Plus throwing up after every meal is a disease and it sounds like you want to do this with laxatives, which i woudnt advise at all.

jackass
05-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Laxitives = Make you 'poo' [Big doses, constant poo]
Bulimia (However you spell it) = Make yourself throw up cause you think you look fat or some other reasons.

Both are mank, don't do either. ;)

Nightrose
08-12-2006, 07:23 PM
this was in the news recently

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6212758.stm

worth a read :)

Puma!
08-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Laxatives have a BIG link with eating disorders. As certain people believe they will rid of calories, even though this is highly untrue.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!