PDA

View Full Version : did i do the right thing?

MusicPalace
06-12-2006, 02:05 AM
Ok so this is what i did and i want to know if i did the right thing.

Ok so a boy comes walking up to me and says "On your myspace it says your bi."
Me:Yeah
Boy:So you like girls and guys?
Boy laughs and walks away then tells everyone in the school. This was my plan, i knew he would tell everyone...i found it the perfect way to come out.
So people walk up to me "Is it true?!" and i tell them "Yes it is."
It's been about a week now and the news is still flying around school...almost everyone must know by now.

So did i do the right thing by coming out to almost everyone in the school?

Thanks,
MusicPalace

Thread closed by Nixt (Forum Moderator): to prevent further arguments.

Dentafrice1
06-12-2006, 02:07 AM
Im not quite sure..

How does it feel for the people to know?

Are they treating you different?

MusicPalace
06-12-2006, 02:14 AM
not really, some but most of them are treating me normal. Since i am clumsy i've been noticing when i ran into girls when they didn't know and i was like sorry they didn't care, now most girls who do know go "ew". I really wouldn't blame them though, i mean since i'm a girl and they are they might think that i'm trying to do something to them, especially the ones who don't know me to well. I'm just being treated a little differently, but nobody has ever done or said anything mean really. It does fell a bit awkward walking in the halls when i know that so many people are probably staring at me or talking about me.

Dentafrice1
06-12-2006, 02:16 AM
Oh.. There are a lot of Bi chicks at our school.. no one acts different to them.. the straight ones just talk bad about them behind their backs

dannyboymed
06-12-2006, 02:35 AM
I guess it's best to. I'd probably come out like that if I was gay/bi, just brush it off like that's how it is? :]

xRoyal15
06-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Once you've come out.. people cant really use it as in insult because it surely doesnt matter. If ya get my meaning.

Kanker.
06-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Ok so this is what i did and i want to know if i did the right thing.

Ok so a boy comes walking up to me and says "On your myspace it says your bi."
Boy:So you like girls and guys?
Boy laughs and walks away then tells everyone in the school. This was my plan, i knew he would tell everyone...i found it the perfect way to come out.
So people walk up to me "Is it true?!" and i tell them "Yes it is."
It's been about a week now and the news is still flying around school...almost everyone must know by now.

So did i do the right thing by coming out to almost everyone in the school?

Thanks,
MusicPalace

Oh.. There are a lot of Bi chicks at our school.. no one acts different to them.. the straight ones just talk bad about them behind their backs

Same problem year ago, still happens but its that old i pitty them. :rolleyes:

Dan2nd
06-12-2006, 07:29 PM
I think you did do the right thing you should never be ashamed of who you are and theres proberly alot more people who are bi/gay/lesbien in your school but who are scared to say you might have set an example and maybe given others the confidence to come out

MusicPalace
06-12-2006, 09:52 PM
thank you. :)

Uwe
07-12-2006, 01:52 PM
it all depends whether you thinkk its the right thing and wont be bothered by pathetic name calling etc.

Dentafrice1
07-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Have you come out yet ant? :P

Uwe
07-12-2006, 01:56 PM
yeah, everyone knows I'm gay. School, friends, parents, teachers.
nothing gets mentioned no more though and I don't talk to my parents about it but my mam keeps giving me talks about STI's.

:Hazel
07-12-2006, 03:07 PM
If you feel OK with it & it doesn't bother you, thats all you need to worry about.

Papershop
07-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Telling the whole school is attention seeking i think. Your sexuality doesnt have nothing to do with who you are, So why would you want to tell everyone something personal like that?

Nick.
07-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Well, for a start, congratulations to you for letting everybody know! Well done, it takes real courage to do that sort of thing!

As for whether you did the right thing, I'm unsure. Do you parents know? As they may find out if the whole of the school know.

Don't worry about walking into the hall... if people wanted to talk about you or think something about you, let them. As long as they keep it to themselves, so what?

What you said about running into girls by accident, don't worry about it. Try not to run into as many girls! :p

Nick.
xx

MusicPalace
07-12-2006, 08:17 PM
thanks. I feel pretty proud of myself and i have been taken some rude comments well, i just ignore em. I usually say to the extremly rude ones "I'm me, if you got a problem with it go hell." But most of the time when they just say ew i ignore them, they don't mean anything to me so why should i care what they think? See what i'm saying? Its not attention seeking...i was tired of hiding who i really was. I believe that your sexuality is part of what makes you you, why be ashamed?

Casanova
09-12-2006, 03:52 PM
You're way of coming out could go in tqwo ways, be extremely ingenius as it saves you the stress, or because you have no control over it and general gossip it can get out of control and you can get bullied.

It's up to you and those around you to deside if it was the way best, it depends where you're from and how things go really. So far so good!

Just brush insults off and keep a smile on your face, act as if nothing bothers you and it'll go away.

Well done for having the courage.

MusicPalace
17-12-2006, 02:46 AM
sorry about way late respone, but internets been acting up major!!!!

Anyways, i've only goten insulted like twice and ignored both of em, though they were pretty homophobic, but homophobics aren't worth my time so thats pretty much why it dosn't bother me. Homophobics are sad and sick people. ;)

king_maxx
17-12-2006, 06:27 PM
I wouldnt know there are no openly homosexual people at my school and there, God Willing, never be any.

king_maxx
17-12-2006, 06:28 PM
sorry about way late respone, but internets been acting up major!!!!

Anyways, i've only goten insulted like twice and ignored both of em, though they were pretty homophobic, but homophobics aren't worth my time so thats pretty much why it dosn't bother me. Homophobics are sad and sick people. ;)

Hmm or perhaps vice versa?

MusicPalace
18-12-2006, 12:21 AM
huh i don't get u. If your saying i've got a phobia or w.e about homophobics yes i do! I hate them! So then i'm HomophobicPHOBIC, i'm also chlosterphobic...that has nothing to do with it but oh well. Grr...homophobics dam them all!

Eamonn
18-12-2006, 06:49 PM
huh i don't get u. If your saying i've got a phobia or w.e about homophobics yes i do! I hate them! So then i'm HomophobicPHOBIC, i'm also chlosterphobic...that has nothing to do with it but oh well. Grr...homophobics dam them all!
Just because they may not like gays in particular technically doesn't make them a homophobe unless they actually fear gays which they most likely don't :rolleyes:

MusicPalace
18-12-2006, 08:09 PM
homophobics when u hate nonstreight people just because they are not streight. If i'm wrong then sorry, but thats what i hate, people that hate nonstreights because they're not streight.

letisix
18-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Yeh, Don't be Ashamed Everbody's Differt Nobody's The exact Same :l Live you're Own way ;]

MusicPalace
19-12-2006, 12:56 AM
i've got nothing against anybody but those people. I could never be friends with one, because they'd hate me lol, they're sick people. Well we are so off topic! Thanks everyone for helping out.

StainCast
19-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Yeah you did the right thing. That's exactly how one of my friends came out at school. He posted it on myspace and the news flew around school.

You come out however you want to. Personally i prefere to just tell people i know i can trust. I've told most of my close friends and my parents and sister. When i want to come out to the WHOLE school i will probably post a bulletin on myspace or change my orientation from "no answer" to gay.

xx

Eamonn
19-12-2006, 05:25 PM
homophobics when u hate nonstreight people just because they are not streight. If i'm wrong then sorry, but thats what i hate, people that hate nonstreights because they're not streight.
Are you stupid? Homophobe/Homophobic, notice the phobe/phobic part, a phobia is when you are scared of something not when you hate it so if they just hate gays and they do not fear them they are not a homophobe & *straight.

MusicPalace
20-12-2006, 08:52 PM
excuse me for making a mistake, jeez! I'm sorry i'm not perfect and i'm even more sorry that you want me to be.

Now mods please close thread before all hell breaks lose. ;)

Eamonn
22-12-2006, 04:52 PM
excuse me for making a mistake, jeez! I'm sorry i'm not perfect and i'm even more sorry that you want me to be.

Now mods please close thread before all hell breaks lose. ;)
Why would I want to be you, a confused eleven year old girl?

MusicPalace
23-12-2006, 02:59 PM
i wouldn't want to be you, thinking i'm eleven and thinking i said you wanted to be me. Mods please close threads before this idiot starts again. Thank you, please it will prevent anymore negativity from him/her.

Eamonn
23-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Definition of an idiot: an idiot is a person with a very severe mental ******ation or a very low IQ level.

If I am an idiot then I wouldn't dare to think what you are

& him, read :rolleyes:.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!