PDA

View Full Version : Fear George

Jordy
06-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Whats George I hear you say?

George is the latest Habbo Hotel moderator tool. Sulake have been coding it for approximately 9 months, they've sold it to a company called "Crisp" for 1.3 million pounds, so you'd expect it to be good?

Whats it do?

George is basically a little computer being introduced to all the hotels some time in the next few days/weeks. Basically it tracks everything you do, and it bans you. The moderators don't play a part in this though, theres no manual overide.

E.g if you said the word "number" in a room, george goes on to you, and it then traces everything you say. If you give out a phone number. You'll be banned automatically in 2 seconds!

If you give out a adult website, it automatically scans the website for swear words and adult content, again you'll be banned in 2 seconds.

It works on speech, console, habbo home, just about everything!

It's been BETA tested on Habbo FI (Without the FI public knowing) and some Habbo UK Moderators have tested it there, even if you say a number like "4633.32434.&*& 324" you'll still be permed for giving out personal info?
Scared? I am!

I know this sounds to good to be true, but tbh I was at first.

I'm not sure if habbo UK are going to tell us about this tool going into action, or one day soon it'll just happen!

I got this information from a Habbo Hotel moderator (I am not naming who).

Becs wrote this:
URL BROKEN - FIND IT FOR YOU SOON

stratosphere
06-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Omg! My name is George! :ooooooo, that's interesting though!

Jordy
06-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Found URL!

For some reason I cant edit again :(

http://emint.iandickson.com/drupal/e_mint_my_space_predator_article_scanning_for_clue s

;D

Mic
06-12-2006, 04:21 PM
George is quite old. The old Community Manager in Denmark has used it since 2005.

womanizer
06-12-2006, 04:41 PM
o lord.... crap that totally sucks.

Rozi
06-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Thats really anoying.

There called mistakes.

And Im annoyed. What if you want to pretend to be a noob :'(

Yggdrasill
06-12-2006, 05:41 PM
scrap big brother, george is watching you!

Susie Dent
06-12-2006, 06:02 PM
George is manned by moderators. If you read the post by Becs Newton on emint you'll see.

Any phrase we tell it, it will alert us in Red on a screen and we can
immediately click a button and watch the chat live. That's just one of
the many features of this tool.

We are picky about our George moderators (different from our in-game
moderators). They must be completely discreet, have excellent judgment
about what to report and when to action, and they must not mind being
very lonely. It's a one way moderation tool with very little to no
interaction with the players. It's not for everyone but it's our most
important job in the game.

The George client doesn't ban Habbos automatically; it is just a tool used by moderators.

dirrty
06-12-2006, 06:06 PM
George seems really good. For habbo, not for the users lool

=gamemaster=
06-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Im litterally ####### maself!
What if your trying to say something and it turns out like bobba, for egzample it dont let you say 'Secs' I wonder why :) Be afraid, Be very afraid! OMG HMSTitanic I cant belive you did this to us, i shall ever hate the world george.
Looks like ill have to fast foward stuart little whenever his brother comes on :(
Lol :)

Yggdrasill
06-12-2006, 06:39 PM
I think we all ready have it. seeing what becs said, the red button and we click it. they have a red excalamation button that came with a version..

Laurensh1
06-12-2006, 08:27 PM
That's the CFH button.
They see what we send over there.

NgaireStevens
22-12-2006, 10:02 AM
George is old news, it's accessed via the sulake all seeing eye, and a few companies now use it, eg. some schools. Don't worry about anything, it's not automatic it's powered by a human, (Becs told this in a paragraph on her own website - not to be disclosed.) You're all over-reacting, george is the same system they've always used.

If this was posted in 2001, and didn't say that it was an auto-banner, i wouldn't have posted this obviously.

edit: The red exclamation button brings up calls for help

They have options such as Reply to call, ignore call, reply and go there, or just go there.
How do I know this? Because i've been in the position of a MOD a couple of times.

You
22-12-2006, 10:16 AM
George is old news, it's accessed via the sulake all seeing eye, and a few companies now use it, eg. some schools. Don't worry about anything, it's not automatic it's powered by a human, (Becs told this in a paragraph on her own website - not to be disclosed.) You're all over-reacting, george is the same system they've always used.

If this was posted in 2001, and didn't say that it was an auto-banner, i wouldn't have posted this obviously.

edit: The red exclamation button brings up calls for help

They have options such as Reply to call, ignore call, reply and go there, or just go there.
How do I know this? Because i've been in the position of a MOD a couple of times.
*Removed* at you trying to make yourself look l33t by using Bamaloo's (AU hotel managers) name for your forum name. Also, i highly doubt you've been in a mod "position" a couple of times, you most probably just saw a screenshot of someone scripting it.

Edited by ReviewDude (Forum Moderator): Please do not use inappropriate language.

Invent
22-12-2006, 11:00 AM
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1272/georgesy4.png

Laurensh1
22-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Hmmz.. that post is also on Habbers :O

Dutch forum

dd056
23-12-2006, 09:11 AM
It says on the article George has been used for years and it doesn't ban you, it alerts moderators.

Did you make up the part about it being beta tested in Finland right now? lmao

NgaireStevens
23-12-2006, 09:57 AM
*Removed* at you trying to make yourself look l33t by using Bamaloo's (AU hotel managers) name for your forum name. Also, i highly doubt you've been in a mod "position" a couple of times, you most probably just saw a screenshot of someone scripting it.

Edited by ReviewDude (Forum Moderator): Please do not use inappropriate language.

No, I scripted it myself fool. If you like, I can give you a detailed description of The Tool window which Moderators access within the hotel? I used this forum name because im not stupid enough to use my habbo name and get myself banned fool. Now don't be a jealous boy because I can use chr(1) exploits.

Edit: not only have I been in the position of a MOD a couple of times, i've also duplicated Habbo's server (Retro Server) and logged in as an admin on there. *Sigh* Do you know anything about fuselight?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!