PDA

View Full Version : Help! - Buttons

Art
07-12-2006, 08:12 AM
I need help with the buttons on my webbie :]

http://habbovalues.ueuo.com/PlainIndex.html

[Best viewed in IE]

anyhow I need it so that when you're viewing the page say Habbo Club... the button is highlighted with a white background just like in the real catalogue... if you get what I mean? :(

Highlighted as in just like Home. When you leave Home and click like Habbo Club i want home to become grey and Habbo Club to become white background..ed

God I hope that made sence lol!

Homosexual
07-12-2006, 08:40 AM
If this makes any sense:

When on the Habbo Club page, remove the image of the normal catalogue (edit it) and then make it grey.. if you get me?

Art
07-12-2006, 08:49 AM
But it uses iFrames :(

Homosexual
07-12-2006, 09:13 AM
I mean like edit the image then upload it, and change the url to the image on HTML on that webpage

Bistrol
07-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Wow Nice idea :) Like the Latest Rare thing ;)

Invent
07-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Right, this can be very easily done. Just google search something like: Rollover images.

All you need to do, is make a copy of all the images but with a grey background instead of a white background.

Then change the rollover image to the image with the grey background and when you hover over the button, it will turn to a grey background :o

Art
08-12-2006, 04:02 AM
But I want it to stay white when your viewing the page -cry-

MrChaz
08-12-2006, 06:24 AM
Im making it my new mission to help you with your situation Flipton...

Let me investigate,

*puts on my thinking cap and makes a pot of coffee*

Art
08-12-2006, 10:08 AM
Ooo why thankyou :D

I await you're... SOLUTION!

Sygon.
08-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Crappy way but its spur of the moment sort of thing.

Ok use php navigation if you do not know what it is find a tutorial on it.

Then for example your pages will be like index.php?page=Rares

And in the html you could have something like this:

If the Row was rares in it this would be the code for example.

<tr
<?php if($_GET['page'] == Rares) { echo "style='background: color'; }?>
>Rares</tr>Sorry about that if you dont understand.

tekni
08-12-2006, 05:42 PM
I take it from Mr.Sy's excellent guide he ment PHP Includes - bare in mind that this isn't the option I would go for but that's me :).

PHP Includes are hard to grasp if you're new to PHP but a quite easy way to navigate :P.

All you need is here:

http://uk.php.net/manual/en/function.include.php

omgDAN!
08-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Well by the look of his site I think he wants it to be an iframe, so that it scrolls like the habbo catalouge.
But he could easily put a scrolling box in a PHP include.

Sygon.
08-12-2006, 05:45 PM
I take it from Mr.Sy's excellent guide he ment PHP Includes - bare in mind that this isn't the option I would go for but that's me :).

PHP Includes are hard to grasp if you're new to PHP but a quite easy way to navigate :P.

All you need is here:

Oh wow you trying to be great? PHP navigation does use includes but it also uses function, its a term im sorry dont you understand it? For example,

There are many versions it can use arrays, it can use switch and breaks but its not just includes. Now stop trying to be good and go and learning i have an ebook if you want i think you need it.

tekni
08-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Me stop trying to be good?

I was correct?

The fact being he doesn't want PHP Includes, or any type of navigation kind of puts you in the wrong.

He wanted to know how to do rollovers :)

Art
09-12-2006, 01:58 AM
Please don't fight or i'll have to close the thread O.o

Anyhow I still don't get it ^^ :D

MrChaz
09-12-2006, 02:09 AM
I give up, its impossible, it really is, if only Iframes could do two links at the same time, then you could make the Side navigation load to a new frame and still take you to the catolauge page with the selected catalogue page grey.

UNLESS: You could make the entire thing ONE iframe.... if you understand?

Art
09-12-2006, 03:16 AM
oo god then whats the point in iframes lol :P

MrChaz
09-12-2006, 04:21 AM
I dunno, but did you make that idea?
Cause i dont think you did...

tekni
09-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Is this what you want:

When you hover over a navigation button - it lights up like on the actual catalogue?

myke
09-12-2006, 10:01 AM
You spelt 'Catologue' wrong you put it like that and it's meant to be 'Catalogue'

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

MrChaz
09-12-2006, 10:54 AM
No, he wants it so when you click on the tab, it will stay grey like the Habbo Catalogue.

Art
11-12-2006, 03:20 AM
No luck i guess

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!