PDA

View Full Version : *Debate* Playstation 3 or Nintendo Wii (Closes 20th Dec)

Jin
07-12-2006, 08:22 AM
Playstation 3 or Nintendo Wii

With the release of the two most advanced games consoles of 06/07.
If faced with a choice of selecting 1 which one would you go for and why?

Note: XBox's are not suitable for this debate however they may be reffered to but not debated about.
http://www.sonystyle.com/intershoproot/eCS/Store/en/imagesProducts/MoreImages/PS398000_1.jpg

http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/07/13/nintendo_wii_1.jpg

Djcafc.
07-12-2006, 12:12 PM
I like the nintendo wii because of the look and the features but the remote controle dosent look very games console like more like a television remote controle there are a few games on it which look extreemly impressing like nintendo sports but it does not have that many features.

the playstation 3 has had more press because of its brand name sony where as the nintendo wii has not had that much i like the playstations features for example bluetooth and blu ray disc playing but all in all i much prefere the playstation 3

benjamin
07-12-2006, 12:13 PM
i'd go for the Wii.

appeals more to me, and is considerably cheaper

:Hazel
07-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Wii because i've always used playstations in the past & want a change now, bored of them. Also because it is cheaper as said above ;)

J1MI
07-12-2006, 01:11 PM
PS3, simply because of the games i like to play, i mean sure i'd love to have a Wii because of the less serious games and the new controllers, but still PS3 would be my choice, just think about the games that will be made for it. And theres also the added bonus of the PS3 being far more powerful, and more like a media centre than the Wii. I guess this decision is also highly dependant on your available funds :p

Djcafc.
07-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Yer thats true the wii is extreemly cheaper but idd still back the ps3 all the way

summer
07-12-2006, 03:51 PM
hmm.

the playstation 3 is gambling on new technology. a lot of developers don't want to make blue ray games, as many people think they're gonna fail. the playstation 3 also costs £400+ for just the console and possibly a controller.

the wii costs just £175-ish for the console. for £400 you can get a wii and everything you could ever want for it as a starter pack, or a wii AND an xbox 360, two console which, combined have everything you could ever want in a console, and still cost the same as a ps3 console.

FlyingJesus
07-12-2006, 05:33 PM
I'll stick with my PS2 to be honest, it has all I need - I'm not bothered about super graphics or whatever. Of those two I don't really know much about PS3 but I know that I don't like the Wii much, have played one in my local Gamestation and it seemed really boring (that was Wii Sports).

projay
07-12-2006, 05:34 PM
nintendo fan boys ^^

Tekn
10-12-2006, 04:16 PM
this isn't really a great topic for a debate...

but anywho.

being an xbox360 owner - i know equally as much about the wii as i do about the playstation 3.

the wii, is more of a family-type/kid console with an audiance of people who are solely a kid. it's a very unprofessional console in my opinion with the stick thing that would make it hard to incorporate big names like fifa, gta etc into the wii's self-proclaimed revoultionary system.

the ps3, on the other hand is a monster of a machine but this console is aimed at pro-gamers and dedicated games. with a price tag of £500, it's not going to sell as many as the wii. the graphics don't look as good as the wii on the demo's, etc i've seen. another gain is the blu-ray which will give it a big boost. as someone said on bbc news - this is going to replace your hi-fi, dvd player and games console so if you look at it that way - it's worth it.

personally, i wouldn't go for any as they both have many many downsides which is why i went for the 360.

:)

---MAD---
10-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Ps3 for me - I am more of a serious gamer than a wild gamer than likes to jump around :).

I think the graphics of the game really matter to me which is why the Wii isnt what I am after since they down graded their graphic system (I think). Plus the PS3 will probably release more sensor type stuff like the toycam for its ps3 for those who like to move around whilest playing games :p.

Mentor
10-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Sony may not have a history of winning format wars, but console wars it has a long history of comeing out on top.

The ps3 is by far the most advanced new console on the market, while the Wii has a number of new features, the technolgy hasnt suppased the level avaible back when the ps2 and many older consoles hit the market, the ps3 on the other hand is truely next gen "/

Zac
10-12-2006, 05:18 PM
PS3 ftw,

Dan2nd
10-12-2006, 05:20 PM
this is a hard one but I'd say PS3 will come out on top

pulchritude
10-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Wii because It looks good.
I'm sure ps3 is cool.

Yggdrasill
10-12-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm picking wii, cus i love wii's. and what i've heard it's really good. I don't read much about PS3 so i can't really judge that..

Neversoft
10-12-2006, 05:38 PM
I would choose the Nintendo Wii anyday. Probaly the most anticipated console ever! The technology and interactivity is excellent! It is much more fun and enjoyable than just sitting there with a normal old controller pressing buttons. Instead you have to move the controller about to attack things on the game, etc. If you don't find that fun, then you're mad.

On the topic of games... I prefer Nintendo games much more than Playstation ones. Nintendo games are actually fun and exciting. The whole family could play and enojy a Nintendo game anyday. It's the complete opposite to a Playstation game.
Take Nintendo's new game, 'Wii Sports' as an example. It has a series of games that you can play on it with each other (You can play by yourself if you want to) - Baseball, tennis, bowling, boxing, and golf. Various different sports that each person of the family can enjoy. Boxing for the dad, Tennis for the mum. Golf for the oldens. The list goes on... That doesn't happen with Playstation games. You really see grannys playing Grand Theft Auto, don't you?

Also, you can download Virtual Console games on the Nintendo Wii console. (Virtual Console games being retro games such as ones on the NES, SNES and N64) Of course, they are not free. But they are very cheap! You can buy 'points' from game shops that you can use to buy VC games and various other things. a 2000 point card is around £14, so an 800 point game is about £5. You don't see that feature happening on any other console do you.

And theres more, there is much more than just games on the Nintendo Wii to keep you happy. There are various 'channels' that can be used to do other things.

The Disc Channel, go on this channel to play either the Wii game or Gamecube game you have inserted into the console.

The Mii Channel, this channel allows you to create your own character. The character you have created will be used in some games, such as Wii Sports. You can create a character and play as that character in the game and if you play people online, your character is the image other players see.

The Photo Channel, you can view and edit digital photos on your TV via the Wii. Just place your SD Memory Card into the Wii memory card slot and load your pictures into the Photo Channel.

The Wii Shop Channel, You can buy Virtual Console games and various other things buy going onto this channel.

The Forecast Channel, As long as you're hooked up to broadband you can keep up to date with the local weather.

The News Channel, same as above really. But with News! :P

The Internet Channel, You can go on the internet via your Wii by going on to this channel.

The Wii Message Board, this channel acts as your email inbox. Your email will be the way that Nintendo sends you reminders and WiiConnet24 bulletins.

There is tons more positive things about the Wii, but I can't really be bothered to type anymore. :P The only negative thing I can think about the Wii is, that the Wii Controller takes normal AA batteries. I have no idea how long they last, but you will have to keep changing them when they run out. But you can use rechargeable ones if you want.
I know my post has swayed abit from the debate to a factual post about the Wii, but that just proves how much the Wii can do compared to other consoles. :)
I may be abit biased and I admit that, but all I have shown is what the Wii can do. I haven't really insulted the Playstation or anything, but yeah... The Wii is what I would choose out of the two and it is what I have already got. :P

it does not have that many features.
I'm pretty sure the Wii has more features than the Playstation.

the wii, is more of a family-type/kid console
The Wii is designed for the whole family, how can it be for kids if it is for all ages? :rolleyes:

The ps3 is by far the most advanced new console on the market, the ps3 is truely next gen "/
The Wii is by far more next-gen than the PS3, if not more advance too.

Yggdrasill
10-12-2006, 05:43 PM
I've just read that all Neversoft, and damn I wished I pre-ordered a wii now..

Mentor
10-12-2006, 05:48 PM
I would choose the Nintendo Wii anyday. Probaly the most anticipated console ever! The technology and interactivity is excellent! It is much more fun and enjoyable than just sitting there with a normal old controller pressing buttons. Instead you have to move the controller about to attack things on the game, etc. If you don't find that fun, then you're mad.
Remind me what feature ps3 also includes?

On the topic of games... I prefer Nintendo games much more than Playstation ones. Nintendo games are actually fun and exciting. The whole family could play and enojy a Nintendo game anyday. It's the complete opposite to a Playstation game.
Take Nintendo's new game, 'Wii Sports' as an example. It has a series of games that you can play on it with each other (You can play by yourself if you want to) - Baseball, tennis, bowling, boxing, and golf. Various different sports that each person of the family can enjoy. Boxing for the dad, Tennis for the mum. Golf for the oldens. The list goes on... That doesn't happen with Playstation games. You really see grannys playing Grand Theft Auto, don't you?
Speak for yourself, ive seen my gran play GTA plenty of times o.0
I much prefer ps games personaly.

Also, you can download Virtual Console games on the Nintendo Wii console. (Virtual Console games being retro games such as ones on the NES, SNES and N64) Of course, they are not free. But they are very cheap! You can buy 'points' from game shops that you can use to buy VC games and various other things. a 2000 point card is around £14, so an 800 point game is about £5. You don't see that feature happening on any other console do you.
No most other consoles are actualy backwards compatable, you just put the game in and it plays, you dont need to rebuy the games or purchase vertual console crap "/
Buy a ps3 and you can play ps2 and ps1 games straight of the mark.

And theres more, there is much more than just games on the Nintendo Wii to keep you happy. There are various 'channels' that can be used to do other things.

The Disc Channel, go on this channel to play either the Wii game or Gamecube game you have inserted into the console.

The Mii Channel, this channel allows you to create your own character. The character you have created will be used in some games, such as Wii Sports. You can create a character and play as that character in the game and if you play people online, your character is the image other players see.

The Photo Channel, you can view and edit digital photos on your TV via the Wii. Just place your SD Memory Card into the Wii memory card slot and load your pictures into the Photo Channel.

The Wii Shop Channel, You can buy Virtual Console games and various other things buy going onto this channel.

The Forecast Channel, As long as you're hooked up to broadband you can keep up to date with the local weather.

The News Channel, same as above really. But with News! :P

The Internet Channel, You can go on the internet via your Wii by going on to this channel.

The Wii Message Board, this channel acts as your email inbox. Your email will be the way that Nintendo sends you reminders and WiiConnet24 bulletins.

Most consoles of this gen have internet support along with the abilty for it to run in a way more linakable to a computer O/S than the standard console "/

There is tons more positive things about the Wii, but I can't really be bothered to type anymore. :P The only negative thing I can think about the Wii is, that the Wii Controller takes normal AA batteries. I have no idea how long they last, but you will have to keep changing them when they run out. But you can use rechargeable ones if you want.
I know my post has swayed abit from the debate to a factual post about the Wii, but that just proves how much the Wii can do compared to other consoles. :)
I may be abit biased and I admit that, but all I have shown is what the Wii can do. I haven't really insulted the Playstation or anything, but yeah... The Wii is what I would choose out of the two and it is what I have already got. :P
you havent really pointed out somthing the ps3 or xbox360 cant equal do better than anyway "/

I'm pretty sure the Wii has more features than the Playstation.
I haven't heard much about the Playstation, but the Wii is by far more next-gen than the PS3, if not more advance too.
Both incorrect, the wii's own marketing team admit the technolgical inferiorty, there agrument is its "more fun anyway", which is obviosly kinda bias and not a real basis.
Ps3 has photo realistic graphics, Hd output, can do pretty much everything the wii can and a whole lot more, compaire the game size, when the ps3 loads blu-ray 50GB disks, to give an idea of how much tech is behind it "/.

Neversoft
10-12-2006, 05:56 PM
I've just read that all Neversoft, and damn I wished I pre-ordered a wii now..
Wow, didn't think anyone would bother reading it all. :P

Remind me what feature ps3 also includes?
None?

Speak for yourself, ive seen my gran play GTA plenty of times o.0
Thats a first.

No most other consoles are actualy backwards compatable, you just put the game in and it plays, you dont need to rebuy the games or purchase vertual console crap "/
Buy a ps3 and you can play ps2 and ps1 games straight of the mark.
Half of the Virtual Console game wernt even released outside Japan, Nintendo is giving people a chance to play them for the first time. Also, the Wii does have backwards compatability, but just with Gamecube games. The NEs, SNES and N64 games were cartridges, not discs. How the hell could the Wii play them?

Most consoles of this gen have internet support along with the abilty for it to run in a way more linakable to a computer O/S than the standard console "/
You can link it to a computer if you want...

you havent really pointed out somthing the ps3 or xbox360 cant equal do better than anyway "/
1) Well, thats your opinion. :rolleyes_
2) Who mentioned anything about the Xbox 360? I don't see the 360 having any of the features the Wii does.

Ps3 can do pretty much everything the wii can and a whole lot more.

The PS3 does barly anything the Wii does.

Mentor
10-12-2006, 06:07 PM
None?
you seriosly dont keep up with the news at all do you? there was a big outcry and sony got accused of copyeing.. it involves motion sences? any clue yet?

Thats a first.
How many peoples grans exsactly have you watched playing a console?

Half of the Virtual Console game wernt even released outside Japan, Nintendo is giving people a chance to play them for the first time. Also, the Wii does have backwards compatability, but just with Gamecube games. The NEs, SNES and N64 games were cartridges, not discs. How the hell could the Wii play them?
Ps has always used disks, hence is properly backwards compatable, nintendo changed how they stored games, hence is not backwards compatable?

You can link it to a computer if you want... O.o The wii is included in the cololes with that feature... i though you owned one?

1) Well, thats your opinion. :rolleyes_
2) Who mentioned anything about the Xbox 360? I don't see the 360 having any of the features the Wii does.
1) well most of its just the facts, although my opinion is that it is far supiror
2) Maybe you should try reading up on the otehr concoles a little before telling people what they dont have o.0

The PS3 does barly anything the Wii does.
Such as...?

Neversoft
10-12-2006, 06:17 PM
you seriosly dont keep up with the news at all do you? there was a big outcry and sony got accused of copyeing.. it involves motion sences? any clue yet?
No

How many peoples grans exsactly have you watched playing a console?
None because there is none to watch. :P

Ps has always used disks, hence is properly backwards compatable, nintendo changed how they stored games, hence is not backwards compatable?
It was a rhetorical question.

O.o The wii is included in the cololes with that feature... i though you owned one?
I misinterpreted your post, sorry.

To be honest, we are both probaly right in our own ways. This debate is just a never ending arguement, I am just going to leave it as is. They are both great consoles that have equal features. :) But I myself would prefer the Wii.

Mentor
10-12-2006, 06:22 PM
To be honest, we are both probaly right in our own ways. This debate is just a never ending arguement, I am just going to leave it as is. They are both great consoles that have equal features. :) But I myself would prefer the Wii.

Humm, well i kinda agree its alot down to opinion. The ps3 is technolgicaly superior, but that doesnt nessarly mean its better, most the new sonic games are massivly superior to the old sonic 1 and 2...and the new ones suck while the old ones rule, so yea, i suppose its down to prefrance in the end, better tehcnolgy doesnt nessarly mean a better console.

DiscoPat
10-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Wahooooo, a debate! :D

On Topic: PS3 - It's simply the best.

RedStratocas
10-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Wii, because it's cheap AND fun, a rare combination for video game systems these days. I dont care for all these first person shooter games with these mega-complicated plots. I like straight foward stuff, like "save the princess" or "finish the race". I get board as hell with all these army games.

summer
10-12-2006, 10:00 PM
personally i think comparing two consoles [one which isn't available to the majortity of the forum] which are completely different and for different people and are 'better' depending on what you enjoy is just silly.

amen.

RedStratocas
10-12-2006, 10:29 PM
personally i think comparing two consoles [one which isn't available to the majortity of the forum] which are completely different and for different people and are 'better' depending on what you enjoy is just silly.

amen.

With you on that one.

Ive never even tried either to be honest

---MAD---
11-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Sony may not have a history of winning format wars, but console wars it has a long history of comeing out on top.

The ps3 is by far the most advanced new console on the market, while the Wii has a number of new features, the technolgy hasnt suppased the level avaible back when the ps2 and many older consoles hit the market, the ps3 on the other hand is truely next gen "/
I agree.

Sony.Com
14-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Im for the PS3.

I think that it has better features in the end, and I am a sony guy really:) I love the PS2 , and im not a big gamecube fan, so basing it on that, and what I have heard, I would rather have a PS3.

GommeInc
14-12-2006, 10:47 PM
I think the Wii, it brings a whole new experience to playing. I haven't heard much about the PS3 and as far as I am aware, they're still using the controllers, unless they are going to copy Nintendo's idea of using motion sensitive controllers?

The Wii can play Gamecube games? So it is slightly backward combatible. The downloading feature of games is quite a good idea. It means you can store the games on an SD card (which is the Wii's memory) rather than have them stacked up on a shelf. I myself, am not to fussed about high-tech graphics as much, the point is still in the story of the game, which is why I play games anywhere, to follow a story in the game, rather than what it looks like graphically (granted I find posters or adverts about a game amazing, but I think it looks fun, rahter than "Wow, look at those graphics!"

I stick by my idea of the Wii being a more high-tech and advanced looking/feeling DS. Nintendo are leading the way in new gamer experiences, look at the DS with it's stylus and touch-screen and now the Wii's motion sensitive remotes. It is revolutionising the way gamers experience a game. The PSP is like a modern day Gameboy, nothing amazing about it. You play it normally. The only cool thing about it is the features.

-Wolverine
14-12-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm not going to be getting any soon, but i'd get the PS3 anyways. I have a PS2 and a PS1, and instead of buying whole new games for my Wii, i'd just use my old games and new ones. Once Blu-Ray becomes more popular, I think the PS3 will be the better console..

I've only played the Wii at a friends house so far, and it was amazing it has pretty good graphics, but the gameplay is incredible. The only downside to the Wii is that the games are more for younger kids, but Nintendo is coming out with more and more games for teens and older people like Red Steel.

PS3 has more games that i'm into, like GTA, so i'd probably be getting the PS3, even though it has a high price, it probably will be worth it.

I think it all comes down to what type of games you like really..

GommeInc
15-12-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm not going to be getting any soon, but i'd get the PS3 anyways. I have a PS2 and a PS1, and instead of buying whole new games for my Wii, i'd just use my old games and new ones. Once Blu-Ray becomes more popular, I think the PS3 will be the better console..

I've only played the Wii at a friends house so far, and it was amazing it has pretty good graphics, but the gameplay is incredible. The only downside to the Wii is that the games are more for younger kids, but Nintendo is coming out with more and more games for teens and older people like Red Steel.

PS3 has more games that i'm into, like GTA, so i'd probably be getting the PS3, even though it has a high price, it probably will be worth it.

I think it all comes down to what type of games you like really..
Zelda isn't really a game for kids, is it?

DCeption
15-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Wii is probably the best one, they have a huge variety of features etc, were as the PS3 is mearly improved graphics and what not, The Wii will undoubtly have the greater games for enjoyment. And ive got a ps2, and havent bought a nintendo for a while so i think the Wii is the best option!

AdamRose
15-12-2006, 07:48 PM
you only have to look at my sig.

reindeer.
15-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Wii for mii pls. Its just different. Who cares if the controller goes through the wall.

RedStratocas
16-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Haha, the Wii is recalling the controllers. Nothing very bad though, they just want to make the wrist straps better. Aparently a lot of them have hit the walls.

.:TeamAmerica:.
16-12-2006, 04:40 PM
I hate both of them, Im 360. But if someone offered me one of the other I would
chose the PS3. Mainly because I am a gamer and you cannot get the true gaming expierence from the Wii. It is a console you play for 30 minutes, not for hours on end on games like Im sure many people do.

RedStratocas
16-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Mainly because I am a gamer and you cannot get the true gaming expierence from the Wii. It is a console you play for 30 minutes, not for hours on end on games like Im sure many people do.

HAHAHAHAHA I think thats really really ironic.

timROGERS
16-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Wii. That's all there is to be said.

Minix
16-12-2006, 06:05 PM
I just feel that if you want to give a three year old a pleasant experience, you give them a Nintendo, and watch them emmerse themselves in Mario, Pokemon, Zelda or other new stuff like Super Happy Fun Wii Sports. Reason? It's bright, clean, cartoony graphics, simple gameplay, the kind of sounds that go "boing" and the lifespan of a mayfly. It's probably the best thing to have if you're under ten, but when you get older than fifteen and you start asking for a DS for christmas it's a bit... immature. You just can't take Nintendo seriosuly, although it does, to be honest, seem quite fun the way it's played.

PS3, however, is from one of the more serious brands: Sony. Now, I don't know about 20 year olds playing Mario, but Games like GTA, Timesplitters etc. (some of my favourite PS2 games) really appeal to the older market, and, to be honest, most children. I've been a GTA fan since I was ten, (naughty naughty) and despite being violent and the kind of game that's banned in the deep south, I find it more satisfying than catching the hidden star.

Also, to Nintendo news, that's not debating: that's a simple opinion one might use to end a conversation. if you want me to say,

OMGZ NO PS3

In return, then I just did. :D

allykin
16-12-2006, 06:16 PM
they both look really stylish and cool i want them both
i have ps2 and ps1 lolss Might be getting nintendo wii in march for birfday

Andy?
16-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Wii.

Affordable, very cool and unique (unlike all the others that are all the same) and good games!

Ps3:

Very high price
Amazing graphics
Good games
No rumble
Same as usual.

I go for the Wii :)

WarRock
16-12-2006, 08:01 PM
i would go for the nitendo wii as you move your hands wich iz kinda cool. i think nitendo have the rite idea becoz most peeeps move hands when on most games anyway even if they on a ps2 or ps3 etc...

Mentor
16-12-2006, 08:17 PM
ps3 also has motion detectors in the controlers, althoigh not all ps3 games support this feature, many do, so moveing your hands does effect the game in the ps3 as well, although this is combined with a normal control mechnism, insted of replaceing it as has the wii

GommeInc
16-12-2006, 08:52 PM
I just feel that if you want to give a three year old a pleasant experience, you give them a Nintendo, and watch them emmerse themselves in Mario, Pokemon, Zelda or other new stuff like Super Happy Fun Wii Sports.
I can't see a 3 year old being able to play on a Wii to be honest.

Reason? It's bright, clean, cartoony graphics, simple gameplay, the kind of sounds that go "boing" and the lifespan of a mayfly.
Simple?! The Wii is not simple... In Zelda there are different ways you have to move to do different things. Like jab, slash and pushing the sheild into an enemy. Not to mention you have to aim your slingshot, bow and Gale Boomerang... I think you're lost with opinions. Playstation have pretty strange games. Take Aqua Aqua, The Simpsons, Futurama and RC Revenge.

It's probably the best thing to have if you're under ten, but when you get older than fifteen and you start asking for a DS for christmas it's a bit... immature.
If you are older than 15 and have a Wii, buy Red Steel and The Legend of Zelda. Red Steel is more adult, with swearing, guns, sex and drugs. The Legend of Zelda is a bit more different than Red Steel, but fantasy games like Zelda tend to be for a more wider audience than 10... Because you have so much to do and the story line can be complex.

Also, the DS is hardly immature, it depends what games you are thinking of. I have the feeling you think any gaming platform/console shouldn't have games for children, it all has to be teens. You seem to not know what a wide audience is. Games are for entertainment, for anyone. Anyone can pick a game, it all depends on what you like. Fair enough that you happen to favour games that are on the PS2, but opinions are terrible when you do not go accross the boundaries in Nintendo.

You just can't take Nintendo seriosuly, although it does, to be honest, seem quite fun the way it's played.
They are serious about gaming? Why do you think they have revolutionised the way we play games with a more interactive way to play games?! Zelda isn't childish, children can play it if they want, but they won't understand it as much as we can, they probably wn't be able to understand the controls aswell easier as a mature audience. Wii Sports isn't that childish, I can see what you mean by childish but it depends if you want it to be.

Besides, do companies need to be serious? That'll take the fun out of things ;)

Kymux
16-12-2006, 09:54 PM
I don't play games. A Wii is a simulation of real life. Why can't you just GO SNOWBOARDING or PLAYPINGPONG!

Youheard
16-12-2006, 10:38 PM
I just feel that if you want to give a three year old a pleasant experience, you give them a Nintendo, and watch them emmerse themselves in Mario, Pokemon, Zelda or other new stuff like Super Happy Fun Wii Sports. Reason? It's bright, clean, cartoony graphics, simple gameplay, the kind of sounds that go "boing" and the lifespan of a mayfly. It's probably the best thing to have if you're under ten, but when you get older than fifteen and you start asking for a DS for christmas it's a bit... immature. You just can't take Nintendo seriosuly, although it does, to be honest, seem quite fun the way it's played.

PS3, however, is from one of the more serious brands: Sony. Now, I don't know about 20 year olds playing Mario, but Games like GTA, Timesplitters etc. (some of my favourite PS2 games) really appeal to the older market, and, to be honest, most children. I've been a GTA fan since I was ten, (naughty naughty) and despite being violent and the kind of game that's banned in the deep south, I find it more satisfying than catching the hidden star.

Also, to Nintendo news, that's not debating: that's a simple opinion one might use to end a conversation. if you want me to say,

OMGZ NO PS3

In return, then I just did. :D

I'd have to disagree with the part in which you say Nintendo games are immature. As many people have said Red Steel is definately not aimed at younger children. On that note aswell there is only so many times you can blow up a helicopter or shoot and kill people on GTA SA before it gets boring. I find myself unable to play on any of my old GTA games and Timesplitters games mainly because they were easy to complete and there really isnt much to do after the main storylines, apart from collect 'oysters' and such which is just rather bland.

When I have the cash I'll be buying a Wii no doubt.

RedStratocas
17-12-2006, 12:50 AM
I don't play games. A Wii is a simulation of real life. Why can't you just GO SNOWBOARDING or PLAYPINGPONG!

Because that's not on a TV screen duhhhhhh.

People arent going to stop playing video games, so making them get up and jump around to play them is the best you can do.

HUGECOOL
17-12-2006, 03:49 AM
I greatly prefer the Wii over any other console (right now). It's small, efficient, and innovative. I really don't think this is a debate that will end with a straightforward answer since console choice is usually based on preference.

The thing I enjoy the most about the Wii is the intuitivity of the games. Basically, it is almost a half VR kind of immersion.. an immediate response to your fluidic motion. No controller out there can replicate this. Press all the buttons you want, there is still a base level of detachment between you and the game. The traditional control scheme forces you to emulate motion that would be far more immediate and intuitive with the Wii. The immediacy and intimacy of the interaction allows for whole new worlds of possibility. Haven't you ever felt held back with traditional controllers? Like if you had say, a neural interface, how much better would you be at Quake or Street Fighter? This is a step closer to that.. something which can immediately respond to your thoughts. The subtle interplay between you and the controller in real time eliminates a lot of the lag time between you and the character which is enforced through having to press button sequences. The closer you are to actually being the character in real time, the more dynamic the possibilities of the game play. While the PS3 does offer something similar to the Wiimote, it still lacks that kind of immersion because the controller is still utilized in a fashion that limits its motion sensing capabilities. The SIXAXIS (the PS3 controller's name) also lacks force feedback, which lowers the intuitiveness of the games that use this haptic technology.

Last gaming generation, Sony won the "console war" because it provided a well balance between price and technology. The price wasn't exactly cheap, but it was something the average consumer could afford to pay for. Because DVD playback had gone mainstream through computers, it was a big plus for comsumers to have one built-in to their PS2. The PS3 has many pluses, but they're all useless since you can pretty much get them on an Xbox 360 for less money. Technological superiority means nothing. It's like saying you made a great painting because you used the best set of paints.

Haha, the Wii is recalling the controllers. Nothing very bad though, they just want to make the wrist straps better. Aparently a lot of them have hit the walls.
Not exactly recalling the controllers. They're providing a form to people to have the straps on their controllers replaced with the new 1mm thick ones. The straps will be sent to the customers via mail.

What would become of Disney if they stopped using all the characters you've come to love? No more Mickey, Pluto, Donald... they aren't fun anymore, so Disney should start using pistol-toting sex symbols. Sure, it seems kind of old, but to some that's the beauty of it, you get to stick with the characters you've grown up on, and watched grow up themselves (graphically/capability wise) with each new system. Of course as it relates to you, you've grown out of it, but some do find the deeper connection even if it's actually something as simple as it makes them feel young again, between the car crashing and head exploding of other games in their collection.

Wouldn't it be the same with, say, Habbo Hotel? Surely it isn't the adult theme that interests pre-teens and teens alike. Telling by your signature, I can pretty much assume you're an avid Habboer(?), which isn't exactly the best definition of 'maturity', to be perfectly honest. People who live in glass virtual hotels shouldnt throw stones. ;)

Bioda
17-12-2006, 03:58 AM
Both! :D Why not? They always come out with a game I want on a different system! I got so sick of it! So I try to get all of them. But I'm waiting until the Ps3s come out later and not spend 800-1500 on ebay

Minix
17-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Wouldn't it be the same with, say, Habbo Hotel? Surely it isn't the adult theme that interests pre-teens and teens alike. Telling by your signature, I can pretty much assume you're an avid Habboer(?), which isn't exactly the best definition of 'maturity', to be perfectly honest. People who live in glass virtual hotels shouldnt throw stones. ;)

:eusa_danc Mmm I get your point :P

Lmao
17-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Even though i'm not getting either of them, Id prefer to have a ps3 more than a wii, because wii doesn't have any games i like and if it does it's also on the ps3/360.. I prefer games with good graphics :D
I'm getting a 360 but would get a ps3 if I could afford 1 :P

Dan2nd
18-12-2006, 01:27 PM
The Wii has been proven daingerous the wrist bands have been snapping and gave some woman a black eye ( ahhh... the Sun the master of all nollage (sp?))

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!